AscendTMS

Free Logistics, shipping, and freight management software

Shawn N.

Good For What You Pay

Reviewed on 2020/05/30

Overall the TMS allowed me to get up and running, but as we continue to grow, we've reached the point of needing to find a TMS that fits our needs. This is a great startup TMS, but realistically anyone who does over $1 - $2 mil in rev will outgrow the TMS fast.

Pros

This software allows you to get up and running fairly quickly, customer service is good when they are open and you can reach someone to talk with. They always seem to be doing updates which is a good thing I suppose.

Cons

Your always told their doing updates which is a good thing, there is never any type of notice when changes are made, what the changes are that are being made, and if you work on the weekend you can't reach anyone. Today particularly systems are down, been down for over an hour, can't reach a single person for support, help, and prevents you from doing your very basic freight functions. As a business owner, paying hourly employees, independent brokers can't help their clients and customers, this snowballed very quickly and go out of control.

Would be nice if we knew what changes were done, when support tells you they will submit a change and get back to you when the change will be done that there was follow through, that you could get support when needed, and have help as the system can be clunky and super temperamental at first. Especially with being a premium user.

Response from InMotion Global

Hi Shawn - thanks for the review. YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION. In the last 5 years years we've been down for less than 44 minutes TOTAL. So, I don't think it was AscendTMS that was down, it was likely your Internet connection.

Regarding size of our customers, our largest customer is a $9 billion distributor with 360 DC's and 3 separate logistics offices in North America. So, we can definitely support both the biggest logistics operations as well as the smallest operations like yours (hopefully you'll make it to $9 billion one day, too .

We are glad you're using AscendTMS, Shawn. We'll keep adding more and more features - AND WE'LL CONTINUE TO BE THE HIGHEST RATED TMS SOFTWARE ON THE PLANET!!

Matt L.

Excellent TMS

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

The billing process has really improved thanks to the seamless integration with QBO.

Pros

It's incredibly user-friendly and customizable. I've used several (far more expensive) TMSs in the past decade, and AcendTMS is the best by far. The ease of use, integrations, and great customer service have made me a huge fan.

Cons

My only critique is that there is no open API yet, but I'm told that's in the works. I'm glad they're taking their time with it.

Response from InMotion Global Inc.

Hi Matt - thanks for the great review. You are amazing! The AscendTMS Team.

Joseph L.

Great Support

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

Has been great and support is always there to help us through questions and problems.

Pros

You can jump into and start using! No demo, 3 month setup, no contract pay by user not fleet size

Cons

While the software is one size fits all there enough customization and work around to get the job done. My back office reports that they would like better settlements.

Response from InMotion Global

What an AMAZING review, Joseph. Thank you so much!!! The AscendTMS team.

John J.

My experience with Ascend TMS logistics software

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

It's a great system, I especially like how it integrates with Quick books.

Your customer service department is great. I would especially like to thank representative

Pros

Able to navigate through it easily. It has all the functions I require. Customer service is great.

I would certainly like to bring to your attention that I could not be more pleased and satisfied with your representative [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

I was having a few issues with my load posting with Nextload, and she immediately got in contact with [email protected] Nextload, and between the two of them it was corrected in no time. She was keeping me updated as repairs were being done , to see if she could help me in any way until the issue was resolved . That really meant a lot to me , and to my business.

Her customer service skills are beyond excellent !! She makes you feel very comfortable as she walks you through any issues you might be facing as a new or existing customer. She is very kind, and extremely patient !!

She is without doubt a fantastic representative for your company. Her attention to detail and her professionalism shines through constantly, you don't find that very often these days !

It's obvious that not only does she know what she is doing, she does it with a wonderful attitude and disposition. She is very professional and informative, not to mention sweet and kind !! Thank you, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Cons

I feel that it should come with at least one of the two big load boards like DAT or Truckstop .
The list of manufacturers to approach for business is way outdated . 60% if businesses are no longer in business.

Response from InMotion Global Inc.

John - thanks for the most AMAZING review. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! The AscendTMS Team

Maxim J.

Good experience, above average

Reviewed on 2017/12/24

It improved a lot our way of doing business but there is some more work for developers which I hope they will complete soon and we can enjoy this great app, I like the concept, I think it can become better and hope it will.

Pros

It's complex and includes a lot of very useful tools for running your logistics. Loads that come thru this software are already build and it does offer a lot of information regarding the shipper and delivery location and calculate the distance between them instantly. You also have a feature to send tracking message to your drivers which I find very useful. It's fairly comfortable for doing logistics part of work , I gave it 4 stars because it's great for passing all the information about business you have done to accounting in no time and effortless.

Cons

Even though it's a great software, it's not perfect, there are some things that I wish would work differently for more efficient workflow. Every time you sort your loads and yo go into a random load and then you go back to all the loads, your sorting preference is lost and you have to do it again. Other thing is every time you need to go into check calls to see if there is anything in there you need to pay attention to, you are again going back and forward for no reason. A big improvement would be possibility to open your check calls in a separate window.

Response from AscendTMS

Maxim, thank you for the amazing review. The AscendTMS Team.

Greg B.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

ASCENDTMS office home and mobile use

Reviewed on 2019/10/28

Benefits i have from using AscendTms ,is that of accounting , as well as there customer Service if any problems at all there always there to help you threw it step by step

Pros

I like the dash board set up easy to navigate, My Favourite feature is i can also have my carriers use AscendTMS with loads they pick up For free since i use a variety of different carriers it makes it easy to keep in touch with driver and for accounting it is easy to keep BOL or POD in PDF as a retired truck driver somebody who is not very computer savvy, even for me its easy to Operate AscendTms

Cons

Only issues i have is jumping from Ascend to DAT or Truckstop load board

Response from InMotion Global

Amazing review. Thank you, Greg. The AscendTMS Team.

Charles L.

Great Customer Service and the cross platform integration

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Pros

The Customer Support office, especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is great. They are always on top of getting things fixed. The biggest draw for me was the integration with Quickbooks online. Really simplified one of my workflow processes.

Cons

When I tried to use a phone recently the experience was not the best. I would also like to see SMS driver dispatching as a feature.

Response from InMotion Global Inc.

Charles - what an AMAZING review!!! Thank you SO MUCH. The AscendTMS Team.

Jared L.

Transportation Client Review

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

Pros

User Friendly interface
Competitively priced
Compatibility with various devices

Cons

Lag time on changing screens
Missing some features still- exporting certain reports, keeping track of available trucks, etc.

Response from InMotion Global

Thanks, Jared. What a GREAT review. The AscendTMS Team.

Andrew B.

AscendTMS Logistics Software Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

Pros

The way it looks. It looks professional and easy to use. I also like it searches locations for you and all you have to do is click a button to insert it into your rate con.

Cons

It is slow at times. Sometimes it crashes or have to continuously refresh browser. The Instarate is also off at times.

Response from AscendTMS

Thanks for the great review, Andrew. It's people like you that make us smile! The AscendTMS Team.

Best TMS For Fraud Mitigation

Reviewed on 2017/12/01

We really need to be assured that fraud was mitigated for high value loads. It was. It's amazing.

Pros

Overall Ascend is great - but it truly stands apart when moving freight because it provides real-time fraud alerts on the carrier and drivers you use.

Response from AscendTMS

THANK YOU. Your review is inspiring and appreciated. We do everything we can to keep our thousands of customers happy and on the cutting edge. Thanks so much, The AscendTMS Team.

Daniel L.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Feature-rich, but somewhat clunky and time-consuming.

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

Since the software integrates with other offerings, I ended up signing up with Triumph Business Capital for factoring (because they were integrated) and Triumph has been great.

Pros

Ascend tries to be many things, with a host of integrations from DAT load board to Triumph Business Capital for factoring. There is a lot going on and for the most part, the software does its job. The address auto-populate feature is very helpful when entering new addresses. That is sort of where the positives stop for me.

Cons

There are simply too many steps to go through to enter and dispatch a single load. Instead of having everything on one screen to be entered quickly, you have to fill out one screen, click to go to the next screen, click to go to the next screen, all for one load. It simply took me too much time. I ended up switching over to Trucking Office (I am a smaller operation) and the difference in time spent dispatching was very noticeable. All in all, it was not bad software, just did not work out for me. There are also minor glitches with the formatting of the website interface that bugged me, like text running outside of a box, just little aesthetic touches that were distracting.

Response from AscendTMS

HI Daniel, it looks like you just had a BASIC subscription to AscendTMS and so you didn't get "all the goodies" you needed. If you want all the bells and whistles in AscendTMS you need to upgrade to the PREMIUM subscription for just $49.

Once you get a PREMIUM subscription - you will see that ALL of your needs will be met, from driver payroll and full accounting to IFTA reports and load tracking etc.

Thanks for the review.

Todd N.

Ascend review

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

very good

Pros

ease of use. Appearance of the bills of lading and ease of sending documents & uploading docs

Cons

we do not have the ability to enter our intermodal shipments.

Response from InMotion Global

Todd - thanks for the AMAZING review. FYI - we have specific intermodal features for you coming later this year, too!!! Thanks, Todd! The AscendTMS Team.

Danielle M.

Amazing Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

We have had great experiences with AscendTMS. Whenever we find issues, they are right on it and get fixed ASAP

Pros

The software is very easy to use and you can customize it for your needs.

Cons

Not having the ability to deal with multiple loads at a time.

Response from InMotion Global

Danielle - what an AMAZING review. Thank you so much!!! The AscendTMS Team

Hayden L.

Hidden Gem

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Pros

Ease of use, creation of a load is very simple and love the fact the shipper/customer/receiver info pulls thru from Google - avoids a lot of typing

Cons

lack of reporting features but overall still a good products

Response from InMotion Global Inc.

Amazing review! Thank you, Hayden. The AscendTMS Team.

Robin B.

Easy to use and set up.

Reviewed on 2017/12/04

Pros

Constantly adjusting to meet customer needs.
Easy, user friendly software.
Access anytime, anywhere.
GREAT customer service.

Cons

I wish we were able to customize the invoices a bit more, and if there was a tab for each load where we could just have extra information/notes that were easily accessible and searchable.

Response from AscendTMS

Robin - thanks for the great review and your ideas. Please keep them coming. Again - THANK YOU so much. The AscendTMS Team.

Victor N.

Aslan Logistics Services, LLC review

Reviewed on 2017/02/15

Ascend TMS is always engaged in making their software better and more user friendly. Moreover, they are very interested in hearing from their customers as to how they can make improvements.

Pros

Ease of use and a lot of functionality.

Cons

None

Response from AscendTMS

Wonderful review. Thank you so much, Victor!

The AscendTMS Team

Tom P.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Excellent program easy to use

Reviewed on 2017/08/07

Everything in one central application

Pros

I like the ability to customize it. Driver pay and commission management. Auto saving when I change load status

Cons

Just when I'm not in an area with internet access I can't do anything. Would be nice to have a local section that would upload when back on the internet

Response from AscendTMS

Tom - thanks for the great review. It's people like you that drive us to excellence. Thanks, again!!

Blake B.

Organized, easy, functionable

Reviewed on 2017/12/28

Better usage of time, organization.

Pros

I can keep all paperwork/information in one location. I can easily search any load or carrier. It is easy to get data put into the system for present/future use.

Cons

I do not like that I cannot send multiple loads from the ready for accounting tab to accounting. It would make it a lot easier if I could. Only con to me!

Davina M.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Definitely the best TMS out there

Reviewed on 2021/02/18

Overall, I am very happy with the product. We used to track our loads in a Google Sheet, which got really messy after a while. This is a much better and more organized way to manage things on a daily basis.

Pros

I love that there is a free option and that the paid version is so affordable. Having so many built-in features keeps my overhead low and means we're no longer using a spreadsheet to track loads!

Cons

The regularly scheduled training webinars are general (for both brokers and carriers) instead of specialized to one or the other. That means there are some topics covered that I don't need to know.

Response from InMotion Global

THANKS SO MUCH, DAVINA. What an GREAT review. We're so glad you love AscendTMS. I'll tell the whole staff about this. The AscendTMS team!!

Alan B.

Platinum

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

keep everything organized

Pros

User friendly - instructional videos and always can get someone on the phone when you have a question

Cons

It has a small learning curve but its not really a negative

Response from InMotion Global

Alan - an AMAZING review!!! Thank you so much. The AscendTMS Team.

Adam K.

Ascend is Great!

Reviewed on 2020/01/16

Pros

How easily is synchronizes with other platforms, such as TriumphPay and Quickbooks.

Cons

It has a bit of a learning curve, but that is only because it has so many features!

Response from InMotion Global

Adam - you ROCK!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH. Our team will be STOKED when they hear what you said. The AscendTMS Team

Rinky K.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Good Software with reasonable price range.

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

Easy access to the system from anywhere.

Pros

Easy to access from anywhere of the world and User Friendly. Customer Invoices provides good details about the load and very easy to export in Quickbooks as well.
Can View Carrier scores without even login to any other website.

Cons

Cloud based program sometimes brings location and customer name from Cloud automatically and it creates duplicate while exporting so need to watch all spellings and name in same way you created in your system before exporting.

Response from AscendTMS

Rinky - thank you for your amazing review. We truly appreciate the faith you have in AscendTMS. Thanks so much!! The AscendTMS Team.

Dan B.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Best software for the money!

Reviewed on 2017/02/06

I have used many different software systems over the years and for the money, Ascend is by far the best bang for the buck. It will do as much, or as little as you need it to.

Response from AscendTMS

Dan, thanks for the great review. It is greatly appreciated. Our thousands of users seem to feel the same way you do!

The AscendTMS Team

Orhan T.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Good software

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

easy interface and great record data software used to grade the performance of millions of employees worldwide, is ditching its own annual performance

Tiffany R.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Ascend TMS is a lifesaver!

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

Saving time and money. streamlining the load and shipping process

Pros

Ascend TMS has saved me money and time. The all-inclusive features saves me from having to ala carte other services from different platforms. I love that the entire life of the load can be handled within ONE system, from first call to billing. I am loving it!

Cons

Have not found anything I do not like about it so far

Response from InMotion Global

AMAZING review, Tiffany. Thank you so much! You ROCK! The AscendTMS Team