TunnelBear Reviews

Antonio
Antonio

TunnelBear is the most reliable, secure and easy-to-use VPN of 2021

Reviewed on 2021/07/07

Because to carry out my work I need to spend most of the time browsing the internet handling very sensitive financial and business information, TunnelBear represents for me an extremely useful tool when it comes to guaranteeing my anonymity and the security of all the information that I handle. In Internet.

Pros

What I like the most about TunnelBear is that it is a VPN with a very simple and intuitive interface that provides guaranteed security and protection. I would say that TunnelBear is the best VPN option for people who have no experience using technology precisely because of its simple and intuitive design.

Cons

What I don't like about TunnerBear and I think they can improve it is that it does not provide geolocation options by state or specific region.

Osarumwense
Osarumwense
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

TunnelBear

Reviewed on 2021/05/26

Overall, TunnelBear, with its intuitive UI has done a great job simplifying VPNs for a novice like me, in my business.

Pros

It is brilliantly designed to meet our everyday needs. It is secure and have your device protected; no need to worry about your data being stolen.

The fact that TunnelBear is fun, and offers free 500mb every month is probably the most attractive thing about it. It is very unlikely to find a VPN solution that offers free service, and still be fun to use.

No other VPN solutions like TunnelBear; with its free trial, you can check it out if you like the product.
Its simplicity makes it fun to use by inexperienced users.

TunnelBear supports split tunneling on android devices. It can also be use as a secure torrent network.

Cons

What i like least about this software is how slow the internet connection could be sometimes, most especially after disconnected and trying to reconnect. This should be looked into.

It is not a great fit for streaming as the data zaps quickly.

Relatively few servers. More servers should be added.

Claudia
Claudia

TunnelBear enables a secure and high-performance connection

Reviewed on 2020/05/31

TunnelBear allows us to connect to public networks from our corporate laptops and cell phones, thanks to the fact that it has desktop applications and mobile applications for all platforms. With this software we managed to encrypt the connection through the IKEv2 protocol and we can navigate at high speed and without restrictions.

Pros

I like TunnelBear because it offers completely free browsing data and has a large number of countries. Its user interface is interactive and lively, making it easy to connect to the VPN. I also like that it has desktop apps and also mobile apps. Also, it has very good security protocols like IKEv2 and IPSec.

Cons

The only thing that disgusts me is that it does not have different options of cities per country, it is only possible to change the country.

Nadusha
Nadusha
  • Used for 2+ years

Only for short term operations. Period.

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

Overall, I'm only using this for some simple operations only. Only reason I'm using this is because of the user friendliness of the app. And this is 100% working where some other tools don't work sometimes. But the bandwidth limit is too low. So I can only rate it 5 out of 10.

Pros

Well, I like everything about the Tunnelbear vpn. It can hide your identity and can connect to any server in almost all of the countries out there. works pretty well. Thishas an Chrome extension so that you can use it with the chrome browser. First you have to create an account and then you have to login. this process is very easy and won't take too much time. And you can connect right away. There's an android app so that use vpn from your mobile device wiht those login credentials. Everything is pretty easy. user interface is very simple. and attractive as well. and connecting won't take too long or there's no queue like other tools.

Cons

like I said previously, usage bandwidth is limited when you're using this. like very low. you only get 500MB per month. so it's not suitable for long term operations like browsing social media, downloading things etc. however they allow you 1 GB if you could tweet about their service. But even that doesn't sound enough for me. Plus there are some competitors who offer the same service for free! So this is a bit questionable.

Janosch
Janosch
  • Industry: Human Resources

Easy, reliable VPN-Tunneling that works

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

I was astonished by how easy setting up a VPN Tunnel can be. Fast, reliable, stable - recommendable. Whenever I have a task to do which requires my PC believably to be in Finnland or Australia I will unse TunnelbBar again. Can not have no sad bears (: .

Pros

I needed a way to tunnel VPN traffic in a way that would make my PC appear to be from another country then the one I was in. I came across tunnelBear and felt in love. Clear and simple it integrates into your System and tunnels (hence the name) your Network traffic as set to be. I had zero hassle with setup or stability and was just charmed by the user-friendly, open easy to use functionality.

Cons

Not much. The only thing I can remeber was, taht I was sad, when I had to quit because I had done all I had to do on the task that required the VPN-Tunnel. "The bear was sad" or something I remember. Even the unsitall Process was clean, simple and easy.

Jelle

Great VPN

Reviewed on 2021/12/29

Pros

Tunnelbear is a great VPN that has a nice design with bears. The free tier works good but the paid version is a lot better.

Cons

I switched to another VPN because of the price, but I would have sticked with Tunnelbear if they had made their software cheaper.

Polo
Polo
  • Industry: Design

The simplest VPN client out there

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

Tunnelbear is without a doubt the simplest VPN if you're in need of one. Great software for a single person, not sure if it would work for a large company.

Pros

- Very cheap for what it offers
- Very easy to install, even without computer knowledge
- The app is very well designed
- The companion apps make a great investment, VPN all across devices
- Has a free version that gives you 2gb for a tweet

Cons

Not much, the only one is that the app sometimes gets slow and the connection to the VPN takes more than expected, sometimes more than 2 minutes

Leon
Leon

This is probably the cutest and most effective VPN software in the market.

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

Great and functional VPN software.

Great and functional VPN software.

Pros

First of all, this software has one of the most beautiful and easy to use interfaces I have seen, also their website graphics revolved around cute vectorized bears. It works marvelous, it is simple to use, effective, connects quickly and in addition; it is inexpensive (You can use around 500 MB for free in a monthly basis, and if you tweet about TunnelBear you can get some extra MBs, also their monthly and yearly plans are very affordable). I wholeheartedly recommend TunnelBear!

Cons

This is one of those few cases were I don't really have anything negative to say about a software. I believe TunnelBear is great.

Karl
Karl
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used for 2+ years

Protection of the privacy of information in a secure and stable manner.

Reviewed on 2019/05/19

It is a tool that has guaranteed the privacy of the information of the members of the company where it has been implemented, its service is fast, easy to use and guarantees a good technical support and quality service.

Pros

This product offers a good stability in VPN connection, offers a connection in a stable and secure way allowing the user to enjoy a fast navigation offering the privacy of the information, especially when it comes to information of the financial type or themes of the company. Confidentiality, accessing the TunnelBear Services is simple and the forms of payment are varied, the installation of the software can be applied from the desktop or through the web browser.

Cons

Once I had to install the software in Windows 8.1 and it did not work, the software was installed, it also happened several times that it was frozen when making a connection and not connects which I had to restart and it works again.

Josip
Josip

VPN full of bears

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Some websites are in my country geo-blocked like Hulu or CBS. I solved this problem by using TunnelBear. It works flawlessly every time. I don't even notice I am using a VPN because the speed of download and upload is almost the same as my carrier provide.

Pros

TunnelBear is a fantastic VPN service with easy to use interface which has a lot of sweet little bears all around menus. When you press to turn on the button you are greeted with a nice animation of a bear digging a tunnel from your country to a selected country. Their dedication to those little details and overall quality of service is what makes TunnelBear the best VPN. If you bought their subscription because the free plan doesn't meet your requirements then you can enjoy their VPN service on all your devices. The mobile app has some features that other competitors still don't have. One example is VigilantBear - this stops all your internet connection if it becomes unstable and you are likely to be reconnected so there won't be any privacy leaks. Also, in their terms of service is written that they don't keep or sell your browsing history and other data as some other companies do. So, if you are very vigilant about your internet privacy TunnelBear is a must-go choice.

Cons

The only downside of TunnelBear is their pricing if you choose monthly plan but most of the users usually choose year plan so they don't have to bother with that and usually with a monthly plan there is a lot more saving. In TunnelBear is this enormous 50%.

Erik
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Keeps your devices protected with surprise and delight at every corner

Reviewed on 2021/02/22

I recommend TunnelBear to all of my colleagues and friends. It is ingeniously designed, fun to use, and completely private. I rest easy knowing my devices are protected by their VPN while my data remains private, too!

Pros

My favorite thing about TunnelBear is the clean user interface, fun animations, and thoughtful details they have added to every step of their user journey. I am always delighted by the subtle animations and clean design elements they use to convey clear messages to me about how TunnelBear is protecting my device. On mobile, it's even better! They have integrated their values into their product by offering pride bears and different options for your home screen icon - how cute is that?!

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about TunnelBear. They obviously listen to what their users want and need without sacrificing their values or integrity. I love knowing my devices are fully protected by an adorable team of bears!

Samuel
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

TunnelBear is my low budget but quality VPN

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

In all I think if your budget is low and you still want some quality VPN service then TunnelBear is the best alternative.

Pros

What I like the most about this VPN is the free trial option that doesn't expire and also gives you free 500mb for sharing it on your social media page. Aside enjoying the free data it gives you, the amount to purchase it fully is relatively less as compared to other VPN's that give quality service as TunnelBear does.

Cons

What is dislike though and I hop is corrected is how slow it automatically connects back after it looses connection. At time it shows on your notification bar as though it is connecting automatically but it wont till you have to go back to the software and connect it manually. Also the connection is quite slow and can be improved upon. The locations are quite less and limited in the free mode.

Pascal

TunnelBear!

Reviewed on 2021/11/22

Aside the subscription fees, I had a really good user experience with TunnelBear, although I recently started using another VPN.

Pros

What I like most about TunnelBear is that it is secure and fast, and it allows one hide their cyber identify and footprint neatly.

Cons

What I really don't like about TunnelBear is that the subscription plan is a bit high as compared to other VPNs. Aside this, it's a cool VPN to use.

• Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

VPN is a must nowadays and for me the best is TunnelBear...

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

A fan of the service, and also it offers timely plans discounts for subscription renewal, really good experience at the best price.

Pros

I have several devices (Mac, iPhones, iPad, Windows PC and Android) and just setting my TunnelBear account when downloading and installing their respective versions work just great in each device. I really feel protected, as they are constantly updating the app and it offers configuration options who protect you much more; like Browsers plug-ins, traffic emulation, and UDP/TCP forcing for reliable/not reliable internet connections.

Cons

Under really unreliable connections (bandwidth compromised) the experience is really bad, but I guess is unfair to blame the app :).

ADAM

This app works great.

Reviewed on 2021/05/27

I'm using this app almost every day. It's safe and secure which is very important to me.

Pros

Most of vpns are very expensive. But this app fit in my budget perfectly. UI is nice and pocket friendly. No annoying ads, clear terms and conditions, fast browsing and plenty of vpn locations this is what I like in this app.

Cons

Free plan doesn't have much data available. Sometimes connection may take longer.
Apart of these things I mentioned there is no more negatives.

Moises

The largest and most functional VPN

Reviewed on 2021/05/22

My experience has been good, it has allowed me to connect from anywhere in the world without having problems with website blocking, I think this is a fundamental tool for me.

Pros

This tool is excellent to connect from another ip, I travel a lot to many places in the world, I have visited China and other countries that have many blocked websites, I use VPN to connect and it works excellent.

Cons

I think the only disadvantage is that they are public and Datacenter IPs, it would be perfect if they release a line of more exclusive IPs to increase security, and if these are residential IPs it would be perfect.

Easy to Use VPN with Charming UI

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

Pros

TunnelBear does everything I need a VPN to do and its simple enough to use that I can safely recommend it to anyone. I'm half embarassed to say that the bear jokes make me kind of happy. That instead of something like "Your VPN is now on" it says "Rawr! Browsing from a secure tunnel in [country]"

Cons

This wasn't a problem for me, but I've seen other VPNs with more countries as options. Some even have specific cities. TunnelBear doesn't have this, but I've never needed it.

Malith
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

TunnelBear review

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

I use tunnelbear for 6 or 8 months and I recommend it to my friend.

I use tunnelbear for 6 or 8 months and I recommend it to my friend.

Pros

Tunnelbear is a famous VPN software it's fast and accurate.
500mb free for evey account for a month.
It's a user friendly application.

Cons

Free usage isn't enough. They should give at least 5gb when compare with others.
Their customer support isn't that good.

NordVPN
Signe
Signe
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Great for basic VPN

Reviewed on 2021/07/28

The price is right fort this VPN and I am very satisfied with Tunnelbear.

The price is right fort this VPN and I am very satisfied with Tunnelbear.

Pros

Tunnelbear does a great job of protecting privacy, and it's very affordable. For $10/month, you can protect 5 separate devices. Additionally, the cute cartoon bears make this VPN fun. It takes a scary issue -- privacy violation -- and turns it into something nonthreatening.

Cons

Some VPNs offer additional services and protections beyond the basic VPN. However, Tunnelbear is limited to VPN only. For my needs, that's perfectly fine. However, some users will want a more inclusive solution if they have more complex needs. Additionally, Tunnelbear can be slow at times depending on which server you connect to. It's mostly fine, but once in a while it crawls.

Jordan
  • Industry: Photography

Security is important!

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

I run a Photography Studio and keeping photos of clients safe and secure is vital. Online delivery of images is 100% of the time how we do things and keeping that information secure for only the client is a must. TunnelBear helps keep it that way. I can actually keep true to the Privacy Policy I have with clients!

Pros

TunnelBear is invisible! You might think that is a Con, but you would be wrong. Setup was quick and easy. I don't need to maintain it or anything, just let it do its work.

Cons

Pricey, I wish services like this would be cheaper. It's another monthly subscription alongside the other 10+ subscriptions you have.

teran

Trusted VPN for gamers

Reviewed on 2023/04/01

I have been using tunnel bear paid version for gaming for security purposes.

I have been using tunnel bear paid version for gaming for security purposes.

Pros

This supports for all platforms and all major browsers as extensions. I extremely love the cute interfaces which gives me a very pleasant feeling whenever I see them. Third parties won't be able to identify the user and their data since tunnelbear is using very strong encryption mechanism. Also there are long list of locations that I can set and connect.

Cons

This blocks some games and sometimes slow down the network speed.

Great app which is easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/01/16

I am using it on my Ipad and it gives me great freedom to watch worldwide TV, movies and listen to radio shows.

Pros

Easy to start up, easy to switch between different countries and the service has a great price compared with similar service.

Cons

I would like more than the twenty-five available countries were included in the list of countries which you can establish VPN to.

Response from TunnelBear

Thanks for your feedback! It's beary much appreciated.

Sean
Sean

Excellent option for easy access

Reviewed on 2019/01/10

While it was in use it was a great option for us. It could be a great solution for many businesses. We grew and had to change what software/provider we went with. But it's very straight forward and not overly technical.

Pros

In the early days of the business, this was great because it's simple and easy to use. One price, easy to understand. The whole office could use it and didn't require too much technicality. As we grew it had to be replaced.

Cons

I won't say it's slow, because it isn't slow by any means. It just became not enough for our needs. This is why I recommend it for smaller needs.

Fotios

Tunnel bear is the definition of "what you see is what you get"

Reviewed on 2023/01/04

Overall, it does what you expect it to do without issues.

Overall, it does what you expect it to do without issues.

Pros

It's easy to use and it does what it's supposed to do fast. Good VPN service.

Cons

There is only one drawback to it and that's that when you are using the free version, you get 500mbs per month and they go by fast cause it's easy to forget the app turned on.

TunnelBear - Safe browsing, easy install, no hassle

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

Pros

Just as the title says, this product was easy to install and implement on my network. It provides exactly what it claims to and doesn't have much frill to set up. Additionally, there is a freeware client available for those that just want to give it a try and see what they're missing. The paid version is much better in my opinion as it offers unlimited data streams rather than the 500 mb in the free version.

Cons

I do not like that this product doesnt offer wiregaurd and does not support Obfsproxy. Those are my only two qualms, but for what I'm paying, I can't really hate too much on this product. It's an incredible bargain.