GEM-CAR

Fleet management and billing for auto repair shops

4,8
Alex B.

Have used many managing software in the past and Gem car is presently the best on the market

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

Pros

Flexible and versatile always on the cutting edge. Very creative vision on the industrie. Good software support with round the clock service

Cons

Good features that sometimes take a wile to be implemented . Couple of weeks after there reveal. New features are sometimes unstable

Anick D.
Industry: Automotive

Software with a multitude of possibilities

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

I calculated the efficiency of my technicians manually. I save a lot of time with the electronic punch.

Pros

This software allows me to make an electronic turn in my business through inspections on the tablet, SMS, archiving photos and electronic signature.

Cons

I wish I could send photos or videos via SMS. Also, I would like to be able to link more than one code to another code to better automate and increase the speed of use.

Alan G.

Very simple to use and the customer support has been outstanding

Reviewed on 2016/02/29

Easy to navigate, easy to open & add/delete to repair orders, detailed invoicing.

Dan V.
Industry: Automotive

This company really cares!!!

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

Gem Car really cares about there job and about there software, and really makes us feel like we have a personal experience, even tho we are not that big of a company. The owner has even met with us personally, and has listened to alot of our improvement suggestions.

Pros

We love to use this software because it is loaded with features, at a reasonable cost. It checked off everything on our list and more for future expansion. They are the automotive specialists, and nobody has all the features Gem-Car has.

Cons

There is a learning curve to the software that everyone must go through, but they are there every step of the way.

Michael anthony K.

Mid range price....Top Quality product = Great value

Reviewed on 2020/05/29

About half of our Big O Tire locations in British Columbia are currently using GEM-CAR. The remainder are using a number of other software products. This gives me, as general manager of the organization, an excellent opportunity to compare the performance of the various software systems to each other. In almost every aspect GEM-CAR comes out on top. It's certainly the broadest repair shop management software available, but more importantly, it's designed to help the user to maximize the profitability of the business and improve the daily management. GEM-CAR quotes AC Delco "put simply it's the best shop tool you'll ever buy" and I think they're right. Our Big O Tire dealers love it, and wouldn't be without it. Easy to use......Canadian Product......Great support. I give it my full commendation...A giant thumbs up......

Pros

Easy to use.....Robust training program. Comprehensive system to run every element of your business

Cons

Size of Point of Sale window could be increased

Martin S.
Industry: Automotive

GEM-CAR software is the most effective to manage a mechanic garage !

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

My cashflow getting high month after month !

Pros

No bug, dynamic team, many features easy to use. This software provide a very nice cashflow profitability with some feature like the punch module, the price matrix module and the recall module. Just those three modules make me happy to own and manage my three business place.

Cons

Nothing ! 8 years ago the system was bugging a little bit, but with the developer and programming team they implement update the software often and today the software are really stable end functionnal.

Kelina L.

What a great software

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

We really enjoy the software Gem-Car. It is really made to increase efficacity of our business. There is a lot to learn, but each little is giving an advantage.

Pros

We are using Gem-Car for only a month, so we are still getting use to it but we changed system because we knew it offers a lot more than the other software. We love the statistics we can do with all of the reports, it's really useful to increase our sales. The systeme is also really easy to use.

Cons

There is nothing that we dislike, but the only thing they could improve is one part of customer service. When we call because we have a question, I would rather wait on the line instead of leaving a message. But when we leave a message, they return the call really quickly.

Haitham T.

Best Shop management software

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Pros

Simplicity
It’s very easy to learn
Lots of information to handle

Cons

I did not find any bad thing in it as every software need constant improvement this one is more than a shop needs

Erick V.

perfect

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

Pros

the simplicity of the software and the easy of use.

Cons

the time you have to put the learn all the function, but is the same thing with other software

Francois L.

Best shop management software

Reviewed on 2017/06/01

Pros

GEM-CAR offer great features to increase your sells, measure performance and structure your procedure.

Dave W.
Industry: Automotive

Gem Car has shaped up our shop

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

We started using Gem Car 2 years ago for our automotive repair facility and car dealership. We chose Gem Car as it checked off all of the criteria we needed. It worked wonders from the time we started using it. We could schedule mechanics, barcode parts, trace back work orders, conduct proper inventory, and tie together all the aspects of automotive repair and part sales.
Our shop efficiency has increased, and so has our bottom line.
The support team is fabulous, and only a phone call away should we ever need them.
The trainers are thorough and trained us until we were comfortable going live with the software.
Cost wise Gem Car comes in more reasonably priced than most other software we looked at, making it the best deal for the most features!

Pros

Easy to use, lots of features

Cons

The interface is a little dated

Spencer M.
Industry: Automotive

Excellent system, easy to use, great customer support.

Reviewed on 2017/05/30

Less stress, less mistakes, more efficient and professional

Pros

Customer support.
Training.
Features and functions.
Easy updates.

Daryl H.

Exceptional software!

Reviewed on 2016/03/01

After switching our shop over to GemCar we have finally been able to properly track sales and inventory. Our shop is not typical, so there were some complexities in setting up the software, but GemCar support was exceptional, and helped us out every step of the way. They are always a phone call away if we have a question or issue. The GemCar trainers also went above and beyond in helping familiarize us with the software and get it set up to optimize and streamline shop operations.
The barcoding system has helped us greatly increase inventory accuracy, and cuts down on tech time as they can easily scan all the parts they use. Parts quoting is easy and fast. Invoicing customers is painless. Generating sales and purchase reports is nearly 1 click.
GemCar has had a very positive impact our our business, and I would not hesitate to recommend it to every shop!

Industry: Automotive

Best auto repair shop management software

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

Ease of use. Very intuitive and easy to learn. You don't need to be a tech savvy person to master the software.

Cons

I am not sure if there is anything significant enough to mention.

Hao W.

Nice software

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Pros

Nice organized, easy to use,nice staff, fully support

Cons

None untill now, hope not in the future.

Tim H.

Gem-Car is the most user friendly program I have ever used.

Reviewed on 2016/02/29

Gem-Car is very understandable and easy to get around in, the program is very straight forward,which makes it extremely user friendly, the Training they supply is excellent they take you by the hand and walk you through the various sections that you as a Auto repair shop will use on a frequent basis, and as a owner show you the profit side of the business. the on-line IT people are very good at what they do and they are very prompt in resolving any issues that arise with the systems. they are always looking for ways to improve and are making constent updates , I would recommend Gem-Car to any Automotive shop.

Christine I.

Great product

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

Ease of use no time wasted

Pros

Ease of use great support system customer service is always available.

Cons

No sure where to find some back ground reports. I dont use the system to fullest.

Rene R.

The ease of use and total support and their availability is awesome.

Reviewed on 2010/01/04

No hesitation. Would choose GEM-CAR again.

Pros

From the start, they were able to capture all our customers and history and transfer over to GEM-CAR. Training including shop coaching technics as well. Very easy to use and enjoy filling my shop thanks to automatic preventative service reminders to my customers.

Cons

None really!

Tony A.

What a passionate team GEM-CAR have... keep up the great work

Reviewed on 2015/06/26

I love the ease of use... They offer great support ... they are there when I need them....

Every year we attend their GEM-CAR Convention to learn the new features....

Response from GEM-CAR

Thank's for supporting us since the begining of the GEM-CAR adventure ! Mathieu Brunel, founder

Rob I.

GEM-CAR is a great tool to manage my labor inventory report

Reviewed on 2016/01/19

I was able to incorporate 6 software programs into my GEM-CAR.... and increase my sold hours per work order by 0.3 . A great tool to measure and manage my business ... in an easy to master software.

Nicolas M.

Great product

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

I am really satisfied with your product. Easy to use. Everything is very clear for me and the customer. I recommand this product to all. Valuable product.

Super easy to use

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/06/11

Pros

Ease of use and great feedback.dont know what more to say here.but still great Interface.

Cons

It's in English..but still good.. needs a French version.would love to have it..super system.