Guru

Organize company information. Access it anywhere.

More engaging than Confluence.

Reviewed on 2021/03/13

Overall, guru was able to Help share and disperse information to our entire organization. This also reduce the amount of repeat question asking.

Pros

Knowledge alerts. These allowed us to share information with the rest of the organization through guru and kept them updated with products announcements and support questions.

Cons

Set up was a bit labor-intensive but once you put the effort in it pays off and you’re well on your way. The dashboard layout could use some experience changes but for the most part it is intuitive and easy to use.

Rob S.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

The Company Brain

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

Guru helps us get new hires up to speed quickly and helps our fast growing organization keep everyone on the same page. Stops interruptions and the frustration of trying to find the right and most recent information. Solves the huge timezone challenges with teams working globally and it is impossible to connect to head office easily.

Pros

There is lots to like in this knowledge management platform. New hires absolutely love being able to find the information then need and trust it once they have found it.

1) Ease of use: Integration with GSuite and a Chrome extension make it easy to find and create content
2) Great search function and AI
3) Validation of information so users know what they are reading is current.

Cons

layout tools of the individual cards is a bit weak. It has an export to PDF function that we will never use because you can't create nice looking cards.

Jonathan S.

Saves time for support, sales, and onboarding

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

I was introduced to Guru at the Elevate Summit conference, and my team has enjoyed it ever since. Our sales and support team rely on it heavily for saved responses to common issues and questions, and for communicating existing issues or procedures. We also use it for "tribal knowledge" which has made it much easier to onboard new hires.

Overall, this tool has saved my team time and nurtured communication between ourselves and with our own selves from the past!

Pros

+ Easy, fast search for information through Chrome browser extension
+ Integration with Slack makes sharing or creating cards a breeze

Cons

- Verifying cards becomes daunting if you don't regularly groom the knowledge base

Emile L.

Guru lets you stay informed

Reviewed on 2021/03/02

Really useful. Especially after changing roles at a company, and having a lot of questions, it saves you and your colleagues time being able to search for your questions and answers, without having to actually take time to ask someone. Super streamlined. And again, the UI is very nice and makes using the software very enjoyable.

Pros

I love the user interface--it is perfect and I love easy-to-use software. Moreover, it is extremely intuitive with figuring out how to use the app and pull information from it. We use it as a source of information, where we can ask questions amongst the team, and where other teammates can answer these questions. It is highly collaborative in that sense.

Cons

So far, I have not used it long enough to notice any issues or qualities that I dislike about Guru. I will say that the search feature could be slightly improved--when the list is generated after the search, it cold be more organized? BUt really, this is minor, and I have not experienced anything bad yet.

Gabriella Q.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great tool for storing useful knowledge tools!

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

We use it to store our policies and procedures. Users can check here for updated info and remind themselves on a specific policy. If they need to they can star the card for future reference and leave comments to gain clarity.

Pros

Makes it easy for us to keep an information database for our staff to access on demand. It’s easy for admins to add edits and also allows users to comment and tag themselves in information that may need updating.

Cons

Nothing, it provides everything we would require in an info database and more. We switched from a different software for its ability to allow users to track and comment on cards

Guru fit our support team's needs perfectly!

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

I lead the effort to find a solution for our internal documentation and researched many options. Guru stood out from the others by a long shot. As soon as we tried it we knew we couldn't live without it. Our support team adopted it and pretty soon the developers were on board too. "There's a Guru card for that!" is a common saying in our office now when someone asks a question. Really couldn't live without this now.

Pros

Guru cards put the information we need right where we need it. We use the Chrome extension and we can access our cards while still looking at our ticket. The "cards" idea was genius as we tend to drop all sorts of information in them that we wouldn't bother to put in a document. And having to assign owners and verify the information on a schedule solved a problem that was killing us in our old system.

Cons

I was I could uncouple a card from the dropdown list that the Chrome extension displays and move it around my screen so I could see what's underneath.

• Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Browser add on is the best feature for quick access to information

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Easy to create information, and easy access through it's browser add on.

Pros

The browser add on is great because you can access quickly links and information that are used on a daily basis, instead of having to go to type an intranet website and search what you need. The concept of everyone adding knowledge very easily is great for startups who are changing all the time.

Cons

The web version of the platform, doesn't seem as easy to use as other website intranet options. Is the only piece missing for a perfect place to store and search for information. I don't use it at all, I just use the add on. It might be the design, cards are way to big, and you have to do a lot of clicks to find something, first the board, then the collection, then the cards.

Leigh F.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Great Resource for Freelance Work

Reviewed on 2020/02/13

Good. You need to do your research and I recommend reading their tips and tricks if you are new to the freelancing world.

Pros

I used Guru to gain new clients after my children were born. It was a great way to make money remotely and provided me a larger scope to reach clients.

Cons

The software was very easy to use. My issue was more with client interaction but you get that anywhere.

Samantha R.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Absolute must have

Reviewed on 2020/05/08

Overall experience is very positive and I would definitely recommend. Only star is lost for how the search functions.

Pros

I use Guru constantly through my day, every single day, and I can say without a doubt my job would be a lot harder without being able to use Guru for my resources. It really makes a difference and I love it.

Cons

The only thing I wish we could change about Guru is that it would be nice if it had a more Google-like search function. Sometimes remembering how to search it properly can be frustrating.

Good for company-owned content

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

We use Guru to better organize our assets for easy sharing and distribution amongst the team.

Pros

It's a great way for Directors, VPs, to control what folks access.

Cons

It's sometimes really hard to find what you want, you have to be smart about the way you tag and categorize items. Not good for knowledge share amongst peers.

Jonathan S.

I feel like a librarian, flinging the doors of knowledge open to my team.

Reviewed on 2017/10/10

Pros

It feels like the connecting membrane of the teams. Suddenly the niche knowledge stowed away in each person is accessible with a quick search, all in the context of your day to day browser session.

More practically speaking, my sales team uses this to quickly search our docs for the images or product details they need to answer prospect's questions.

My support team uses this to remember product nuances, known issues and saved responses. We also feed it information for consumption by our marketing and sales team.

Cons

I notice that my searches for tags when organizing my cards sometimes don't generate results. However it may have been my spotty airline wifi

Jessica S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Guru is Great

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Previously we were using a custom made support hub. I never used it it was so hard to search for information and I wasnt always sure that the information was up to date. Do not have these problems with Guru!

Pros

I love the search feature. I love the tag feature. I love that you can submit suggestions to the update team easily!

Cons

Not a bad word to say! Sometimes my desktop can get a bit messy when I open to many widgets. I have started to stick to the webpage view.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Awesome software to manage our team’s knowledge

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Really positive. It’s helped me get up to speed in my new role and work much more efficiently.

Pros

So easy to use and integrate with other softwares that we as a team use daily. It allows us to record and validate our knowledge while also speeding up the transfer of that knowledge between team members.

Cons

Slight learning curve but once you see it in action and start using it it very quickly becomes very clear.

User-friendly training

Reviewed on 2018/12/16

Pros

Reminds me a lot of Quizlet - great for keeping a record of organizational knowledge.

Cons

I wish there was a way to practice and test of material, as if they were notecards.

• Used Other for 6-12 months

Used Guru when looking to hire a freelancer

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

Was looking to outsource some tasks and used Guru to advertise and interview candidates. Didn't find a successful candidate using this site but it worked well to find some viable candidates, so I'd be willing to try it out again sometime.

Cons

Only complaint is that I didn't find someone but I'd try again.

Ashante C.

This Information Gathering tool rocks

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Pros

Guru is a cool, newer way to centralize questions about topics, products, etc and answers to these questions and how to information in one place by sharing the guru cards. Before using this, we had information in several databases such as SharePoint, GoogleDocs, Microsoft Office platforms, etc.

Cons

We cannot share product knowledge outside of the organization and so this is a limiting factor for us.

Guru Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

Overall, I have had a very good experience using Guru as a tool and would definitely recommend it to my colleagues.

Pros

Guru is extensively used by our marketing team.
It is very easy to search.
It has a convenient and intuitive user interface.
The chrome extension is a very good feature.

Cons

Could provide better customer support.
Could provide better pricing structure as compared to its competitors.

Great idea, not so great usability

Reviewed on 2018/10/14

We had to leave because the search functionality did not work and we ended up missing cards.

Pros

Great UI. Easy to navigate through different cards. Creating a card is easy.

Cons

The search functionality is absolutely awful. Trying to find something on the spot is a real challenge (even with as little as 40 cards), and it really ruined the whole platform for my team.

Tyas P.
  • Industry: International Affairs

The simplest and fastest application for finding information!

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

As a Student, I am very satisfied using the GURU add-on, because I can access various information quickly.

Pros

GURU (add on version) has an easy access feature so information search can be done very quickly!

Cons

The trial version is limited in some access features. So you have to try the premium version, but I guarantee it's worth it!

Jack M.

Great place to centralize information

Reviewed on 2020/01/27

It's been fantastic. We used to have information stored in a few different places so it was always difficult finding the information you needed. Now that everything is stored in Guru, it's made my job 10x easier.

Pros

Guru has been great. This is where our organization holds all of our sales material for one-pagers, client information, competitor information, etc. and is extremely easy to pull up information.

Cons

Our company is fairly newer to Guru so it is going to take time for us to build up the information that we will store in there. People have to manually create cards so it can be a lengthy process for certain material.

Andersen Y.

A great knowledge management solution - but you need your team's buy in

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

We use it as a tool to support our sales team with the idea of them being able to self-serve and find the right pieces of information.

Pros

It is a fairly intuitive product to use and build on top of. We also integrated Guru into our Slack instance and urge our sales team to go through Guru before asking a human.

Cons

I don't dislike Guru, but have noticed that with any KMS you need to have constant upkeep to ensure the quality of the information stored is good. Additionally, it's not enough to just maintain the knowledge, people need to be dilegent about adding to it.

William A.

Guru - Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2020/02/29

I like Guru. It makes my life easier when working. I have easy access to the policies that my company has while I'm doing my own work.

Pros

I like using Guru. We use it to set up policy and procedure cards. The chrome extension allows us to have easy access to policies while working through different items.

Cons

I think there could be more clarification as to why cards need to be verified. It would be nice if there was also was an admin position that could instantly verify cards.

Jon D.

Great Knowledge Management System

Reviewed on 2019/02/26

The company uses Guru to store all our knowledge/ policies / practices. Easy way to share information as a group and keep everyone up to date.

Pros

We used to store all our knowledge in Jira but recently transitioned to Guru. Guru easy very easy to use and has lots of cool features. The auto verify feature is great and makes sure information is kept up to date.

Cons

Its a solid platform and I have not encountered any negatives in my use.

Great tool for centralized company knowledge

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Pros

I love the user interface and how things are organized within the app. Our sales and marketing teams can quickly bring up "battle cards" on competitors or just have an all in one place for everything company related. The analytics are great. You can see what cards are being used more than others and who are making edits to the information.

Cons

Nothing from Guru's side. I did have a hard time finding myself using the product at first because it lives outside of my typical google ecosystem. Perhaps integration with Google would be great but overall no compaints.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Guru is helpful

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

It's nice to have, but not necessary.

Pros

Guru is great to have when you have a large team and a lot of information that needs to be shared across the whole team.

Cons

I wish that Guru had more integrations and was easier to access. Right now, they have an extension and the online platform.