Guru

Organize company information. Access it anywhere.

Nate
Nate

Simple to use, easy to update, and way better than Google Drive

Reviewed on 2021/01/29

I've talked to our head of enablement and she's a big fan. It's not as powerful as a Seismic or ThoughSpot, but not sure if that's really an apple to apple comparison. If you need a better way to organize sales material, important internal employee info, (i.e. equity FAQs, or ERG information, etc.) than this is much more seamless and easily searchable way for your team. It will save them time vs. going down the rabbit hole in DRive, Dropbox or Box.

Pros

We use Guru from everything to HR, Finance and Sales. The "cards" are easy to set-up, they're time-stamped so you know they're up to date, and you can give a set of people admin access to make updates. For everyone else, they can leave comments and make suggestions so your data stays fresh and can be crowdsourced. I personally love the Chrome plug in, the search in Guru is really good and I rarely have trouble finding a card for whatever I'm searching for.

One thing I also like is you can download the card content to PDF< this comes in handy when the content is customer facing, just 1-click and fire it out off in an email or copy the content and paste.

Cons

Like anything, the cards can get a bit out of control, it can be hard to update and integrations are limited. It's still much easier and simpler UI than just creating a bunch of folders in Drive. I personally like it much more than Concur as well.

Joshua
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Guru is the best so far!

Reviewed on 2023/11/22

I have using guro for 1 year and it it very convenient to be used from our work it help us not to forget and guide us for our process

Pros

They way we can easily search the cards we created to help us out from our process

Cons

sometimes notification is not noticeable

Anthony
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Editing Experience Needs Significant Improvement

Reviewed on 2021/08/11

Pros

Cards being available in multiple board groups means we don't need to copy and paste knowledge around.
Integrations with teams is used regularly.

Cons

The editor. the editor. the editor. It's so bad that I'm looking for other ways to organize my knowledge.

Raj
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Awesome Experience

Reviewed on 2024/01/18

It was amazing experience to follow guru card.

It was amazing experience to follow guru card.

Pros

I like the categorization, favorites and tags. Also, the ask a question feature which is basically an AI driven by database of Guru Card.

Cons

The search feature as it gives an ambiguous answer.

Jeremiah

Guru is a great knowledge management tool.

Reviewed on 2024/02/02

Overall it;s ease of use and user friendly cards make it an essential part of business.

Pros

It is easy to use and helpful when sharing information.

Cons

Sometimes it conflicts with other programs internally because we also use Notion.

Kristine
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Guru is Groundbreaking and Necessary in 2024 and Beyond

Reviewed on 2023/12/28

It's nice to be able to favorite "cards" on Guru. Each card is a topic related to information that a team may need. Also, the graphics and aesthetics on this site are incredible! Very easy on the eyes, which makes using everything that much better. There is a section that recommends topics to you as well that I appreciate to keep everything relevant to me. We are working smarter with Guru!

Pros

My team and I are completely remote and we use Google Chats, so the information we receive would be unorganized and hard to locate. Guru keeps it all together in an easily searchable location. It is the ultimate resource for training new employees and refreshing the knowledge of seasoned ones.

Cons

The only thing I could think of is that I wish I had more opportunities to use this fantastic website!

Mark Robert
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

GURU makes our live easy

Reviewed on 2024/02/16

Pros

GURU makes our life easy since it so convenient to use and user friendly.

Cons

Nothing. Everything is perfect. We love to use GURU

Manuel
  • Industry: Think Tanks

Best knowledge management solution

Reviewed on 2023/12/25

Pros

Guru is awesome, probably the most user friendly KM out there, much better than Notion or other "wikis". Best feature is the ability to auto-expire knowledge and force re-validation for knowledge to stay within the system.

Cons

No real cons, maybe the only con I could identify is the fact that getting it into organization that already "have something" like Notion is difficult due to the added cost and need to overcome existing inertia

Cooper

Many upsides from using Guru

Reviewed on 2024/01/09

Overall, I highly recommend Guru for onboarding new employees and having a strategic approach with updating processes and policies.

Pros

The ease of use and the interface on the platform. Our organization is growing rapidly and onboarding new employees each week is critical when using Guru.

Cons

Tagging certain people within the platform on Guru hasn't always allowed me to add new members of my team.

Tyler

Great Product

Reviewed on 2024/01/12

Positive, and would recommend to anybody looking to centralize information.

Positive, and would recommend to anybody looking to centralize information.

Pros

Guru makes it very easy to update each card.

Cons

Have not run into anything I don’t like yet.

Joey
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Guru - my favourite knowledge management tool

Reviewed on 2023/11/15

Pros

Guru's formatting options mean it's easy to take a complex matter and break it down into highlighable points, as well as contain enough information for those not just looking for a quick answer to gain in-depth context on card topics. Team permissions mean people who only need entry level access to certain subject matters don't get swamped with context that can become overwhelming when trying to sort out customer issues. I also love how easily searchable information is, with boards, tags and content! Guru's AI feature is also fantastic at finding cards with synonymous words which wouldn't otherwise show in search, and answering questions directly. It integrates exceptionally well into the daily work of frontline support, as well as internal teams, and is easy to implement new information into boards by making use of the drafting features.

Cons

Most things I can think about being a slight issue with Guru has been solved in recent updates - some cards used to be huge and tough to read while on live interactions, but now AI can summarize a card, or answer questions directly about the point being discussed. The table of contents used to be manual, but now Guru has that feature built in. Devs are obviously super responsive to the needs of users. It's an ideal tool for shared knowledge management. The only thing left is being able to request permissions for a single card if referenced in another and you don't need permission to view the entire board, but you have a topic that needs the deeper knowledge, from the T2 cards when you're a T1 for example.

Shawn

Useability of GURU

Reviewed on 2023/09/22

Overall, the experience with Guru has been good for our organization. It has helped us achieve most of what we were looking for when searching for a solution. However, there is definitely some room for improvement in an enterprise environment.

Pros

Guru is an excellent way to maintain and adjust current procedures, guides, instructions for users. It's pretty straightforward for people who are creating the Guru cards.

Cons

1. The Text editing is a bit limiting and nuanced... you'll have to play with formatting to figure out how or if you can make your card look like you want it to. 2. You can't target card permissions very well. It's either open to the team creating cards, or the public. You can't target to specific groups of company users, or even "only" to people within your organization. Not finely tuned to work in an enterprise environment.3. There is no mechanism that you can give viewers to search cards unless they are part of the group creating them. A search window for all users would be fantastic. We've tried to create a table of contents card which is helpful, but it's a very clunky solution.

• Industry: Accounting

Guru is the best knowledge best tool

Reviewed on 2023/10/27

Pros

What I like best about Guru is the fact that everything is accessible and user-friendly. You can create cards, you can share your knowledge and ideas with your community. I can see which has been verified as well for additional credibility.It was nice as well to see who creted each cards and when were they created. I love the fact that there is a "my library" so I can "favorite" cards that I usually use and as there were cases I forgot which card I opened, I can check it on the "recently viewed" It was a good tool indeed, an encyclopedia for each community.

Cons

I honestly can't find anything to dislike about Guru. It has been part of my everyday life at work and even on rest days when I just want to read some cards and it was very helpful. I feel like there are still so much to explore on the tool that I haven't had the chance to check yet.

Willensky

User feedback.

Reviewed on 2023/10/02

I like using GURU overall.

I like using GURU overall.

Pros

It's great to have a platform that is central and everyone can see and use the same information. This help keep our processes uniform.

Cons

Sometimes get hard to find specific cards. Not sure if it's due to the tags that are being used for search.

Keri

Guru is the greatest!

Reviewed on 2023/09/25

In my role, I need to be able to know nearly everything in order to support both internal stakeholders and external customers. Before Guru, finding information was extremely time-consuming, and you never knew if what you found was actually up-to-date since our company is a constantly evolving start-up. Thanks to Guru, my team has been able to create a fast and reliable knowledge base, and others within the org are jumping in as well. Guru has revolutionized how we create and access knowledge, increasing our efficiency, accuracy, and collaboration by leaps and bounds.

Pros

Guru is easy to use and user-friendly.Guru makes finding information quick and easy.Guru's AI features keep getting better!Guru's Chrome and Slack integrations make it easy to access and create knowledge without leaving your workflow.

Cons

I wish the Starter plan had a little more functionality, like the ability to use Zapier and some limited analytics.The Chrome extension periodically has glitches.The higher tier plans are cost-prohibitive for a smaller company.

Kaila Chryzelle
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Guru is an outstanding software that is a necessity in any kind of work!

Reviewed on 2023/10/21

Guru makes my life at work much easier compared to other software that I used before. I would recommend this to other people and it is something that I would always brag to other people that is working in the same kind of industry where I am currently working. Honestly, I would also recommend this to other people who does not work in the same industry as mine. Kudos to Guru!

Pros

Guru is a user-friendly software that makes life of the user much easier whenever they need to use it. In my job, I always make sure I have my guru ready because this is our knowledge-based tool and whenever I need to search something, it is very easy to search what I need to look for. It is also very accessible.

Cons

Honestly, there is nothing that I didn't like or like the least about Guru. It is perfect for my job and it is something that I would recommend to other people. Guru is a type of software that does not have a con or negative side in it.

Jonathan

Review for Guru

Reviewed on 2023/09/27

Its very useful and our company has titled heavily towards using it. Its useful.

Pros

The clean look and simplicity of use. It's fairly intuitive and I am able to generally find what I need. I dont know if its my organization or guru, but I feel like the first page/landing page for us employees when we first login could be laid out better where the new content draws the eye more, right now what draws the eye most is, in my estimation, useless information - highlighted boxes for "Total number of cards " Top verifiers" and "Top Authors" That should be under settings, Who cares,. Should not be the most prominent thing when I login to Guru. A Better layout in my estimation should be a Netflix style gallery of cards - two rows, one row on top 5 most searched cards for easy access, second row 5 newest additions. That should cover about 80% of our searches.

Cons

I don't feel like the search results are the best. They are good, but I do think they could be better.

GURU changes everything

Reviewed on 2018/01/31

Pros

Seamless: Guru fit right into our company needs seamlessly. We needed a centralized and organized hub for company and product knowledge and we able to, within a couple weeks, deploy it to everyone in the company.

Company-wide Adoption: Everyone in the company uses GURU, from the CEO down to the sales team and support reps. We've reduced white noise and chatter in Slack by creating an easy way to access cross-team knowledge and specific/esoteric knowledge.

Chrome Extension: The Chrome Extension cranks up this software to an 11. Having quick info at your fingertips to use on the fly for phone calls is incredibly useful.

Ease of Use: Navigation, the UI/UX, the card editor, organization is all incredibly well thought out and put together. I see small improvements are still ongoing, but it all points towards the same goal of increasing product use and adoption. I've yet to be disappointed with feature deployment from GURU.

Cons

Too many cooks in the kitchen: One of the things I've already seen in the past few months is what I call "too many cooks in the kitchen" syndrome. GURU allows you to set up product experts and card "verifiers" which allows for someone else in the organization to sign off that the GURU card you created contains accurate information. However, sometimes there are too many competing voices to sign off on that card with different ideas and expectations for what should be inside of that card. We are still creating documentation for what information we want to house inside of GURU cards and it is coming along. This is just one thing to be careful of; who controls the knowledge; who controls access to that knowledge?

Nhauveli
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Excellent tool for following process

Reviewed on 2023/09/22

Guru has improved my skills when doing my job, I have almost 2 years of using and this tool makes my job easier, helping me with the process or when I don't find an answer, Guru always has it

Pros

What I like about Guru is that it's the easiest tool to work with and helps a lot to follow the process. Also, what I like is that helps us to get the information we need quicker by keeping our knowledge short and readable.

Cons

Until now, I have not had any difficulty at the moment of doing my job. Mostly the Guru cards are updated so I can keep doing my work correctly!

kevin

Knowledge Management Software on the rise

Reviewed on 2021/08/11

So far I've been enjoying this tool and have found my productivity had significantly improved.

Pros

It's so easy to use and to adopt with all of your everyday tools.

Cons

Hard to say, but I think allowing some form of customization at the user level would be an added bonus.

• Industry: Accounting

Guru is the best knowledge base there is!

Reviewed on 2023/10/24

Overall, Guru offers both the best quality and productivity service there is.

Overall, Guru offers both the best quality and productivity service there is.

Pros

Guru as a summary, is the best knowledge base I have ever used. Cascading of new processes and policies, up to relaying the information to the client, is smooth sailing because of Guru. More works are being done, more clients are being addressed because of how much Guru is efficiently being used.

Cons

Guru cards are basic and it's best to have an option per user for it to be customized.

Anamta
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Became a Guru of Freelancing

Reviewed on 2021/09/12

I loved using Guru.

I loved using Guru.

Pros

Guru is a wonderful freelancing site that welcomes all kinds and levels of skill.To start your career ,if you have lesser skills or you don't feel yourself ready for too big projects but you have the courage and enthusiasm to implement your skills irrespective of what extent you have learned it and you want to earn and polish your skills at the same time so Guru is for you. It doesn't mean that you wouldn't find high skilled task at Guru, for sure it will be present there and you can showcase your high levelled skills there as well but the best part that I like the most is there are several other freelancing site present on internet but if you are some one new you wouldn't find any opportunity to learn and work but Guru provides this facility to you also thousands of projects belongings to different skill set has been posted and you can find your desired job there also it is an amazing site for employer ,they can get all varieties of people with different charges so they can get their work done by those job seekers at the best possible price. the whole procedure of making profile, finding jobs is quite easy and it is really user friendly also if you want to avail some top priority so you can easily get that through small payments on Guru.In a nutshell it is a desired platform.

Cons

Sometime some frauds can also be expected from employee and employee side so you need to be careful about that otherwise good to go.

Jeremy

Best Knowledge Management

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

Overall I'm very happy with my experience with Guru. We use it across our whole organization to keep everyone informed on new feature updates and decks to be accessed - super useful tool!

Pros

This is the first company where I've worked where they have a knowledge management software - I wish I knew about this earlier! The interface is incredibly intuitive and extremely useful.

Cons

The software is only as useful as the content you have inside it. Sometimes there is outdated content in our system although this is no fault to Guru.

Christine

Guru knowledge base is great

Reviewed on 2023/12/11

Pros

It is easy to use and set up the knowledge base. The help section, particularly the Guru Community, has been a great resource when I need assistance.

Cons

I like almost everything. If I have to pick one thing to dislike it's just getting the company to adopt it. We are past that hurdle, but initially reminding people to check Guru rather than posting a general question in Slack took some time.

Eran

Senior Account Manager

Reviewed on 2023/10/06

It's a valuable tool that not only saves me time finding information and answering my questions but also helps me avoid inconveniencing others with my inquiries.

Pros

I appreciate both the user-friendly interface and the convenient access to the data stored in the system.

Cons

It would be advantageous to have an industry-tailored search engine that could be seamlessly incorporated.