Docketwise

Immigration application solution for form preparation

Sonseere G.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Docketwise is an excellent value and easy-to-use program

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

Docketwise allows me to collect my clients' information in an easy-to-understand format. Regardless of which immigration form I need to generate, I know that the same information will populate each one. There is no need to retype the same facts over and over again into different forms for the same client. I also know that I'm using the most recent form that USCIS requires. I also use the To-Do list feature and have imported some of my own forms and checklists. Overall, I am very satisfied. The price is right for me as I continue to build my practice. I feel like I have all of the advantages that the big firms have because I purchased Docketwise. I know that I'm not missing anything. It helps me practice smarter, more efficiently and with confidence.

Pros

I liked how straightforward and streamlined the software is. It is easy for my clients to navigate once I send them the link to complete an intake form. And, as an added bonus, it is easy for me to use too. The set-up time is minimal and the instructions are in plain English that "mature" lawyers like me can understand. And, when I can't figure out something, I am completely confident that someone from tech support will call me back right away and answer my questions respectfully and explain everything in easy-to-understand terms. This program is amazing! It's a great value for how well it works and how much support Docketwise offers to users.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything that is limiting or difficult about the software. The few issues I had were only related to my learning curve. But again, I sent an email off and scheduled a training session. They explained everything and were quite patient with me and my questions.

Karin J.

You can't afford NOT to use DW

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Without a doubt we are saving time and resources with DW. I enjoy the ease of use and have had the pleasure of talking with customer service when I have questions as they are very responsive (a chat feature might be handy). To reiterate though - if you aren't using some kind of software for immigration forms, this is a no brainer. And, if you aren't using DW, in my opinion, this product is superior!

Pros

Once you get used to it, it's very intuitive. The amount of time it saves covers any subscription cost. Additionally, by having the client involved in the process and responding directly cuts down on form information errors. The software saves quickly with little down time between screens (which is huge compared to other's I have used).

Cons

There is nothing NOT to like. As with any program such as this, the user can always think of ways to make it even better (e.g. would be great to have some way of knowing what information is INCOMPLETE as the client is working on it). I would also prefer that the dashboard defaults to the matter tab vs. forms, but that's just me! Also, could see some logical improvements to the addendum pages :)

Laura S.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great for first time user of form software

Reviewed on 2020/06/12

Pros

I did not have much experience with a form software program before trying Docketwise. I researched a lot of the programs and found this to be easy and affordable. At first, it did not have all the extra features some of the other programs had, but they are frequently adding new features. They are responsive to suggestions. Form preparation is so fast and easy by sending questionnaires to clients.

Cons

There are few tweaks I still have to do to forms to make them perfect, which often depends on the completion of the client questionnaire. I would say it gets me 90-95% there. Complaints I may have had before seem to be taken care of by now. I have requested that they add a tracking and report feature, and it seems they are responsive to doing so.

Cristina S.

Intuitive Software

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

It has reduced the time in following up with clients for information. IT's been great!

Pros

The questionnaires for clients are perfect. They ask all the questions necessary for the forms. There's no real follow up with clients to gather additional information. The support from the company is simply amazing. They listen and if possible, they implement it.

Cons

When something is missed in the profile, you can't fix it on the form but have to find it in the profile to enter in the information which can take time. However, after speaking with them about it, they are in the process to have the information you put in the forms to automatically update the profile - which is going to be huge!

Nancy W.

Saves Time

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

It's been a game changer for me in terms of time. Clients like answering the questionnaire on line. I love the fact I can generate all the forms necessary for submission.

Pros

I like the fact that all my forms can be generated from the answers to the questionnaire. The program really saves times. It's easy to use and easy to correct or add information to the forms. When I have a question Docketwise answers it right away.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say.

James E.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

Solved problems relating to out dated forms as the software is always up to date including the ability to organize and manage clients' information.

Pros

The most impactful feature is the built-in questionnaire that can be sent and received from clients. Also able to prepare multiple immigration forms with ease. Integration with the office business processes was easy.

Cons

The software has a lot of features that need to be narrowed down.

Sandy Y.

This is a must-have for every immigration attorney!

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

It saves me time and helps me track the progress of my cases.

Pros

This software is intuitive and easy-to-use. Clients find the questionnaire very user-friendly. It saves so much time for all the immigration forms.

Cons

I am looking forward to trying out the new features such as the status check. I can also see more forms being added to the menu in the future. Perhaps the DS-260 too?

Fiona M.

Good Product

Reviewed on 2020/07/22

Good experience overall

Pros

User friendly software, good customer support.

Cons

Would like more smart form bundles for immigration forms .

Lizette C.

I love Docketwise!

Reviewed on 2020/11/16

Pros

I love the simplicity of Docketwise! I've used many other immigration softwares and none compare to Docketwise in any capacity (capabilities, affordability, ease, etc.).

Cons

This is a difficult question and I must nitpick to find an answer. I would say the set up for creating a form/matter/invoice is tedious. I have to go to the top right to click on "Create" to create any document when I could just click at the top of my client's contact page "invoice" to create one. I hope this makes sense.

Shahzad K.

This is the solution I was looking for in my immigration practice.

Reviewed on 2018/02/17

This product has increased my law firms productivity ten fold. Before I used to do forms on my own from the USCIS website. Using Docketwise, has caused me to give up paper questionnaires and keeps me from inputting information directly into forms. The client and the beneficiaries fill out their questionnaires and Docketwise takes care of the rest.

Pros

The thing that I really like about this software solution is that it is intuitive and very easy to use. I have used other immigration forms software. I found that the one I had used previously comes off as very awkward. It made things harder than they really were and then there was also the cost involved that was much higher. Having used that solution before caused me to steer away from it in my own private practice. With docketwise there is no guessing here. The questions asked are easy to understand for a lawyer and non-lawyers. I have only used this product now for about a week, but I can see this product is far superior to other competitor products on the market. I saw an advertisement for this product and ventured over to its website. I watched the video on their website and was immediately attracted to its ease of use. Now that I have used this product for a week, I can instantly say that it has increased my productivity ten fold.

Cons

This is not a criticism of the software solution. Rather, it is a suggestion. In the one week that I have used this software, the only thing that I would like changed about it is when I send out a questionnaire to a beneficiary in an employment based immigration case, the employer's private information should be kept segregated from the eyes of the beneficiary. So, my suggestion is that the beneficiary only have access to their part of the smart questionnaire.

Deborah U.

Still Pleased with Docketwise

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

Immigration forms are cumbersome and complicated. Docketwise takes lots of the guesswork out of completing multiple forms quickly.

Pros

We have used the software about 2 years. Beautiful interface. Not too steep of a learning curve. Great support.

Cons

A couple of glitches caused frustration over the 2 years using the program; usually happens when you have a busy day trying to produce forms. The support tech staff and engineers attack any issues quickly. I love that I have direct access to support via email.

Olsi V.

Best Immigration Forms system

Reviewed on 2020/02/26

It's a great product.

Pros

Online questionnaires which then fill out forms for us. Customer service is top notch. They take suggestions and implement them. Integration with Clio.

Cons

Nothing to complaint about at all actually.

Melissa W.

Great product, excellent service

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

Pros

Docketwise is very easy to use. Customer service is fantastic - any time I have a problem or a question, I simply email them and get a response within 30 minutes saying they are on it or have already fixed the problem for me. They are rolling out great updates to the product, which will make it even more effective for my practice.

Cons

I would like to see more options in the "reports" tab; calendar sync; more robust trust account functionality; and the ability to save common invoice items for faster billing.

Erick W.

Next Level User Experience and Customer Support

Reviewed on 2019/04/11

Pros

The interface is intuitive and pleasant to use. You can also tell it was designed by an immigration lawyer as the questions make good sense legally. Customer support is superb and we receive extremely fast responses to our questions.

Cons

It's great for family-based cases but the full employment immigration features are still being rolled out.

Extremely satisfied customer!

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

The folks at Docketwise have been extremely responsive to our questions, issues that have arisen, and even suggestions/requests for changes in the software. The training and tech support is unparalleled. We have been deeply satisfied with Docketwise, as it has significantly enhanced our efficiency in serving our clients. Thanks Docketwise!

Pros

The software provides an avenue for efficiency in our immigration work, is extremely affordable, and allows us to collect our client immigration case status information in an extremely accessible form.

Cons

Initially, it wasn't as intuitive and user-friendly, but the technical support, training, and updates have more than made up for the initial struggles.

Eduard B.

Time Saver

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

Time. Time Time. Before using DW, I would focus a lot on the immigration forms prep, constantly referring to clients data. Now, mostly, I can just review and verify the info. New DW3 software looks promising!

Pros

Saves me a lot of time when preparing immigration forms. Ease of use for clients, I almost never got a question form client on how to input the info.

Cons

Some bug issues, sometimes information input in the questionnaire does not appear on the form, but this is minor and the software has been improving.

Jared J.

Excellent Immigration Forms Software

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

Pros

I initially selected this software because its design is excellent and it integrates with Clio. They consistently release updates that make it better. The have now opened their API. They are always willing to listen and are open to product suggestions.

Cons

I would like to see them continue to open the API and documentation, but they are definitely leading the way on this front.

Mark N.

Excellent time saving software

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Docketwise has streamlined my practice. It has saved me time and money!

Pros

It allows me to obtain all of the information that I need to complete my clients' cases efficiently and accurately.

Cons

Customization is not something that I need at the moment, but I would like to be able to customize some things in the future.

Joel P.

Dockewise Immigration Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

I had been looking for a reasonably priced method of getting information from my clients. Docketwise came to the rescue and provided the software to do that. It is a real time saver and a great asset to my practice.

Pros

The Software is highly intuitive. It asks for the right information that is needed to completed the forms. My clients are pleased with this method of getting information to me and I am very satisfied with the product that the software produces when the client provides the information. It produces quality applications and petitions.

Cons

More user support for the software would be helpful.

Robert W.

Great Immigration Product

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

The customer service is second to none. Training is available when you have questions.

Pros

The ease to learn how to use. I tried INS Zoom many years ago and was very disappointed with the complexity it took to learn. Also, my assistant who was tech savvy could not learn the program.

Cons

I haven't found any real cons yet. This program can also accommodate Spanish speaking clients which is a big plus.

Christopher B.

Amazing work! Made immigration petitions so much easier!

Reviewed on 2018/02/13

Able to complete the work faster.

Pros

The easiness of using it. i am able to input information on each client and it is done within minutes.

Cons

The only thing that i can think of is that the company does not have all the forms in terms of business immigration or removal defense, but I am assured that they will be available soon.

Iyeli cristina P.
  • Industry: Law Practice

I use it and I recommend it!!

Reviewed on 2020/06/26

So far great!

Pros

The program is affordable for a solo attorney;
Easy to navigate and figure out;
The electronic questionnaires are their best feature.

Cons

I wish I could change the font on t he forms but that is just my preference.

Bailey F.

love this easy forms program!

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

less headache, don't need to check each space because forms are automatically populated.

Pros

Ease of use, availability of training, reasonable price. bundles of forms that are filed together. the math calculation for i-864.

Cons

not enough bells and whistles. need more form bundles. needs printable client questionaires for those clients who do not have an email visa.

Saja R.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great interface combined with high functionality

Reviewed on 2019/12/15

Docketwise is the fourth immigration software I've used in my career. None come close. It's everything I'd wished for in an immigration forms software. Law offices would be well-served to at least give it a try. I've already enthusiastically recommended Docketwise to several colleagues.

Pros

The first word that came to mind, minutes into my first demo of Docketwise, was “beautiful.” Anyone who has ever used immigration forms programs will agree that they tend to have dated, clunky, visually uninviting interfaces. Docketwise has been a breath of fresh air. The intuitive user interface flows seamlessly from page to page.

The next thought that came to mind during my demo was whether Docketwise’s [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who was showing me the software, was an immigration attorney (he is). Not only was he knowledgeable about immigration law but the software was clearly built by an immigration attorney. One cannot overstate the importance of using software designed by an immigration attorney for immigration attorneys.

Docketwise also has excellent customer support. I’ve called [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] several times with questions, which he has promptly answered. Docketwise is also receptive to customer feedback and continuously introduces exciting new features. Most recently, it added both an invoice feature, which syncs with LawPay, as well as a customized intake feature. I’d long awaited a customized intake feature in immigration software to ask clients for data that doesn’t exist on the forms, for example their source of referral. Most programs don’t offer this feature. Those that do, charge a cost-prohibitive fee.

While Docketwise syncs with other case management programs, they’re not strictly necessary; after these new features were introduced Docketwise is now my all-on-one case

Cons

I can't think of any downsides for Docketwise at the moment. If any come to mind later, I'm confident Docketwise's team will address them.

Paul G.
  • Industry: Law Practice

This software has changed my law practice! Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 2019/03/25

While I certainly appreciate the efficiencies that Docketwise provides, I am also very impressed with their Customer Service. I have had 2 issues during the approximately 1 year that I've been using it, and even though their support people were unable to reproduce my issues on their computers, and even though no other users reported the same issues, they spent as much time as necessary to get me back up and running.

Pros

Docketwise makes it very easy to gather information from clients and to use that information to prepare most immigration forms. The clients can enter their information at their convenience, and the program notifies me when it is ready for me to review. Docketwise then auto-populates that information into the proper forms, which are then available for me to review and print.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this software.