Flocknote

Church management tool for sending SMS or emails to members

Therese A.

Flocknote for Mom’s Group and CCD

Reviewed on 2020/12/02

I have used Flocknotes to get messages out to my groups I ran recently. But I am also on the receiving end for Mass updates and CCD updates for my kids. It has allowed our Parish to have a system to contact a large group at once about important information or even just inspirational messages.

Pros

We use this for our church. I like that you can pretty easily select different groups of people for different messages. I was involved in running Bible Study Groups and Moms groups and CCD. We originally used private email groups to send messages. This platform helped us share access and now I could have another leader see my lists and send emails easily for me.

Cons

I found it to be a hassle to be an administrator, so would just ask out technology director to send messages for me. I continue to do it that way.

Response from Flocknote

Hi Therese - thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review! It sounds like you had a bit of an issue as an admin and so we'd love to provide additional training if you'd like! Simply reach out to us at [email protected] and our Happiness Engineers would love to help. :)

Bryan C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Flocknote is a game changer

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

We are communicating beyond the weekly bulletin. Our reach is expanding daily to our parishioners. It is very exciting.

Pros

I like the ease of use as well as the different methods of communication. Parishioners can sign up for their groups, update their information and choose their preferred communication method. Communicating with groups has been difficult in the past, with Flocknote I can see who opened the message. It is very effective and easy to use.

Cons

Nothing
It is very easy to use, and effective.

Response from Flocknote

Hi Bryan - thanks a bunch for this review! There is nothing more exciting to us than hearing how Flocknote has increased communication and engagement for churches like yours -- thank you so much for sharing these kind words!

We'll be praying for you and Church St. Patrick! :)

Jeff N.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

One week into Flocknote

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

We just started using this at our church, so maybe it's too early to write a review, but so far I am encouraged.
For one thing, it's nice not to have all the advertising such as the free version of Sign-Up genius. One reason we're trying this is because sometimes when we send out large volume emails (i.e., to the whole congregation), some were ending up in people's spam or junk folders, and they weren't receiving them.

Pros

1. Being able to see who has opened a communication.
2. Being able to meet the member's preference for how to receive communications.
3. Nice to combine the sign-up function with the communication tool.
4. Nice to be able to set up how you want to receive replies for a particular communication.
5. Customer support seems to try really hard to help you have a good experience with it.

Cons

1. I would like a simpler way to login to the software.
2. The "Dashboard" could be more intuitive. For the new user, where do I go first? How can I see at a glance what needs my attention first?
3. For communication software like sending emails, I don't see how I can set a standard footer like most other email software.
4. You can lose what you've typed in if you get timed out by the software; this can be frustrating if you've spent a lot of time typing a longer email directly into the software (rather than copying it from Word), and it doesn't seem to remember it as an unfinished draft.

Response from Flocknote

Thank you for this helpful feedback, Jeff! It has been shared with the whole team and we really appreciate your insights as a new user. If you ever have any added questions or suggestions please send an email at [email protected] - we'd love to chat! :)

Mike M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Love the tool...exceptional tech support

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

Selective communication is what it's all about. We can send out specific messages to specific groups of people. Blast-o-grams to everyone, if done too often, just alienate people and they stop reading.

Pros

Easy to use. Can train parishioners on how to use this tool to manage their groups/ministries.
Love the fact that we can segregate into individual groups/ministries so we only send messages that apply to THOSE people. We don't end up doing a blast-o-gram to everyone even if the topic doesn't apply to them.
The tech support team is top-notch. VERY responsive, VERY helpful and they stick with you to resolve your issue.

Cons

Super-admins should be able to reset individual's passwords AND set a new password. Many times, I have the parishioner sitting in my office asking for help and all I can say is "I will reset your password, but you have to go home, check your email, and enter a new password." Super-admins should be able to do this.

Response from Flocknote

Hi Mike, we're so thankful you took the time to leave a review. We're glad you've enjoyed sending messages to individual people, small groups, or mass blasts when needed. Generally people are very private about their passwords and do not want them changed by anyone other than themselves, so we want them to have that security with Flocknote. I'm sorry about that, but thank you for letting us know that is something you're wanting. We appreciate any and all feedback! Blessings to you, Mike! :)

Lori P.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Keeping parishioners in the loop has never been easier

Reviewed on 2019/02/26

We would heartily recommend Flocknote to other parishes as an easy solution for effectively communicating with parishioners through the digital medium.

Pros

Flocknote is a great tool for getting the word out about parish liturgies and events. Bad weather? Let your parishioners know with a few simple steps. Parish meeting? Remind attendees of the time and place. Interested in knowing if parishioners are coming to an event? Send out a simple survey to which they can easily respond. Flocknote has made communicating with our parishioners very easy and amidst busy parish life, easy is good! And, if even if you aren't the most tech savvy person, fear not, for the Flocknote Happiness Engineers (support staff) are easy to get in touch with and respond quickly with easy solutions.

Cons

There is a small learning curve in order to familiarize yourself with all that Flocknote can do, but if you spend a little time on it each week, you'll feel like a pro in no time.

Response from Flocknote

Hi Lori -- wow what a glowing review! It was so kind of you to take some time amidst busy parish life to leave some sweet words for us at Flocknote! We appreciate you and it's our pleasure to serve you so that you can do the real important work in your ministry. God bless! :)

Meghan T.

I really want to like it

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

I really want to like it. It helped me as a new staff member of the church come in and not have to use my personal email or the church’s email which I don’t have access to for communication but it’s just difficult to use sometimes. And to have to pay for something that’s difficult to use makes me rethink using it constantly. I’m going to keep trying hoping the design will become more functional as time goes on.

Pros

I like that communications are centralized, it’s easy to go back and find notes that were sent, it’s easy to add people. I like that you can see when an email has bounced or is unopened. I like that you can text a group without creating a new group every time there’s a change to the group.

Cons

I find that some of the features are hard to use and the format is lacking in organization. The app seems to not work as well as the website, for instance I can edit group settings in the app. It seems also that the analytical information disappears after a day or so on the app. I’m also not fond of having to contact customer service to change anything about of actual church settings. The format could be better organized. I don’t need to see that I have 15 deleted notes that I can’t permanently delete. Or why it always tells me I’ve saved a note or the auto saved notes how does that even happen?

Response from Flocknote

Hi Meghan, I'm so sorry to hear that your experience hasn't been up to snuff! We'd love to turn things around for you, so please check your email for something from us! We hope you continue to use Flocknote and continue to provide us with honest feedback so we can improve and give you the 5 star experience in the future! :)

Tamara B.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Best way to connect!

Reviewed on 2019/06/01

TTJ makes communicating with everyone involved easy. I LOVE being able to schedule texts & push everyone toward more information on my webpage. Easy to use & affordable!

Pros

In a ministry to college students I was looking for the BEST way to connect with students, who text ALL THE TIME. With TTJ I can communicate to everyone involved in seconds, schedule weekly texts, push everyone toward more information on my webpage, as well as give students the ease of TTJ - something they are very used to. Flocknote is easy & affordable! I'm a BIG fan of UNO & Flocknote!

Cons

1) I wish I could see a list of individuals who do not engage with my texts. Either individuals who "turn off" all texts & emails (ie: those who do not wish to be rude and ask to STOP). Of if I'd get a notification if someone turns everything "off" - So I can remove them.
2) I would be helpful if individuals were forced to add @ LEAST their first name when they TTJ. (It is helpful to see the date that they join).

Response from Flocknote

Hey Tamara! Wow - what a review! Thanks so much for taking a few minutes to provide us some feedback; we love hearing this! We are actually working on new features to address members who have opted out of notifications so I encourage you to stay tuned! If you think of any more suggestions, please send us an email at [email protected] God bless you, Tamara. :)

Brian C.

Great Product Getting Better

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

I send a weekly Flocknote message containing Scott Hahn's Sunday Gospel reflections to everyone in the parish. I schedule these emails to go out at 11 a.m. on Saturday morning to allow the reader time to digest the message before hearing the Gospel read at Mass. I have had a few reply with the "STOP" message, but only a few...

Pros

Flocknote allows the admin/user to communicate easily via text message or email (or both) with one message for an entire group of people. As a DRE in the Midwest it is all too common to have to cancel classes on short notice due to weather conditions. If all parents/families are registered to the platform they will get a message early enough to notify them of a cancellation.

Cons

I would really like the ability to copy and paste images.

Response from Flocknote

Woohoo! Thank you so much for lending your time to give us this great review! It's amazing to hear you've been able to reach members on short notice for cancelations due to weather -- great use of Flocknote! While you can certainly upload images, it's really helpful to hear your copy and paste suggestion. If you have any more, send them our way at [email protected] Blessings to you!

Barbara C.

Bring Your Parishioners Together

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

Pros

Our parishioners are more informed than ever of all the events and ministries at our parish. We have had more participation from parishioners and have closed the communication gap we seemed to have by just publishing a weekly paper bulletin to had out at church. Sending out a weekly e-mail Newsletter using Flocknote has given us the ability to reach parishioners that may be unable to come to church. In addition, parishioners have the ability to update their contact information, thus improving on our church database.

Cons

Somewhat difficult to use the special features.

Response from Flocknote

Hi Barbara! Woohoo -- so great to hear the communication gap in your church has been closed! We are continuing to improve features for your church database so stay tuned! If you come across any difficulty, reach out to us with your questions or feedback at any time to [email protected] God bless!

Rick M.

EXCELLENT product.

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

We use Flocknote for all of our church communications. We run two weekly newsletters, and our in-The-moment announcements and messaging. It makes us look like we know what we’re doing!

Pros

It looks great. It’s relatively intuitive and easy to use. The people in our church love it. We’re able to embed documents, pictures, and video. AND, text messaging is included.

Cons

Sometimes the iOS app is buggy. Oftentimes I have to abandon the app, and use the web version on my desktop. Because I primarily use an iPad, it’s sometimes a pain.

Response from Flocknote

Aww shucks! Thank you for your positive review Rick. We're so happy to hear everyone at St. Mark's is enjoying flocknote. If you ever run into a problem with the iOS app on your phone or your ipad - just drop us a line at [email protected] or using the chat feature on our site and we'll get any bugs over to our developers to fix ASAP :) Have a great week!

Elizabeth H.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Love, love, love Flocknote!

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

I feel confident that because my info is mostly received via text that a far greater percentage of group members are receiving pertinent info in a secure and timely manner. I'm reaching my target audience and couldn't be happier about it. It's also great because group members who are vacationing, homebound, or deployed on military operations, can still feel "plugged-in" to the parish.

Pros

I am a Group Administrator at my parish. The thing I love most about what Flocknote has to offer is that you can send out a note to EXACTLY the people you're trying to reach in just a matter of minutes. Whether it's a gorgeous graphics-filled, colorful quarterly update or just a simple one-sentence meeting reminder, this can be done with ease right from my phone. It's also super helpful that group members can reply publicly to the group or privately to the admins. Appreciation for Flocknote's security versus using traditional email is not lost on participating members.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons, truly. I just wish everyone single member of the parish would enroll!

Response from Flocknote

¿ Wow - what a stellar review, Elizabeth! Hearing this feedback is what gives us energy to continue making Flocknote better and better for our members. You are so appreciated! ¿

Eddie D.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

As Bishop Barren was an idea of the Parish Pastoral Council, I was asked by the PP to be the ...

Reviewed on 2020/01/01

Since the introduction of Flocknote, I have spent many hours setting it up, creating a data base and studying all the training videos. Mow I send a video to our parishioners on a daily basis.

Pros

Content and ease of use. Well established training

Cons

The Help line is too slow in replying as far as we are concerned as we are in Australia and have a big time difference. Flocknote is very poor with communication outside USA

Response from Flocknote

Hi Eddie, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! While our average reply to support emails is under 2 hours (often much quicker) and it looks like your last few emails have been replied to within this time, I appreciate the feedback that you would like to see quicker responses. I'll be sure to pass your thoughts along to the team! :)

Anthony P.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Smart, Simple and Effective - isn’t that what it’s all about?

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

I had several mistakes I made in setup and tech support took care of them immediately. And it was user error not theirs. There’s a lot to lear but the tutorials are there. I just opened my second account with my second church and would recommend it highly.

Pros

Simple, easy, and very effective
It offer so much and there are plenty of tutorials and support if you need. This seems to meet ALL the criteria any church needs to effectively communicate, including affordable.

Cons

So far not anything to dislike. I started in 2017 but never gave it the chance until last month and I have used it every day and wondered what took me so long. Great tool.

Response from Flocknote

Hi Anthony, thank for taking some time out of your day to leave us a kind review! We really appreciate it and it helps to improve communication in more and more churches! God bless! :)

David W.

Amazing

Reviewed on 2019/07/03

It's helped us communicate to our community, and they've been super helpful.

Pros

Very helpful tool for keeping in touch with our community, especially through texting. I was searching for a way to communicate by texting and found this one (most people don't really read emails from congregations). Also, the team is very responsive and helpful.

Cons

Nothing. Everything about it is helpful.

Response from Flocknote

Woohoo -- thanks for the glowing review, David! We're glad to hear that your congregation has enjoyed the texting feature. We want to be sure you continue to have a great experience, so if you ever have a question or have suggestions for future features, send us an email to [email protected] God bless you! :)

Darlene C.

Evangelist

Reviewed on 2020/01/24

Good

Pros

I like the features. I very satisfied with the program. I like how I can see people's response, how I can sent a text email to myself first

Cons

I only wish that the texting could be a little more characters. it is easier and faster for text but you are very limited in what you can write. Overall, I like the system. We are only using it for messaging

Response from Flocknote

Howdy Darlene! We're so pleased that you took the time to leave us a kind review. Yes, the text field caps out at 160 characters -- I'm sorry about that, but I'd love to explain why. The primary reason for this is so we can ensure that every cell carrier delivers each text as one single message. Beyond 160, some carriers will cut off extra characters into a second text, which would, for example, break any links that you included or just generally cause confusion.

What you can do is send multiple text messages and put footnotes (1/3, 2/3, 3/3) at the end of your text so that members know that there are multiple parts to your text.

Also, we've found members prefer short and sweet texts vs. long texts.

I hope this helps, but if you'd like to discuss this some more, simply email us at [email protected] -- we'd love to chat!

Sr. mary E.

Review from Parish Youth Leader

Reviewed on 2021/01/13

Excellent communication tool for a smartphone generation of parishioners! I recommended Flocknote to a missionary outreach organization I worked for years ago, because a parish I had worked at with that missionary group already used Flocknote. I'm glad to now be back on Flocknote as a religious sister working in an entirely new parish, and finding this program well-suited to communicating easily and efficiently with the high school youth and parents I serve.

Pros

1) both email/text messages sent
2) ease of use for staff members
3) ease of signup and registration for parishioners
4) ability to draft and schedule messages to be sent later
5) analytics on how many have opened and read the materials sent
6) ability to receive by email any replies that come to flocknote messages

Cons

Sometimes adding attachments (.pdf or .mp4) didn't always getting sent through. But worked around it using hyperlinks instead.

Response from Flocknote

Thanks so much for the review, Sr. Mary! We appreciate the kind words! You did mention an issue with attaching files that sounds peculiar -- if you are still experiencing this, please send an email to [email protected] so that we can fix that for you! :)

Mary K.

User/Admin Opinion

Reviewed on 2021/01/13

Flocknote staff is great! I've always had my questions answered and provided with solutions.

Pros

Simplicity. Both our older parishioners who head up ministry groups as well as students and staff are able to create their own communications.

Cons

No required fields for sign-ups so we end up with many contacts with just a phone number or email address and some emails and phone numbers with no associated names.

Response from Flocknote

Thank you for your review, Mary! We appreciate this feedback and it has been shared with the team. God bless you!

Joe W.

Bethany Church review

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

Working with the Flocknote people have been really good and appreciate the "atta boys" emails and news updates.

Pros

Flocknote was easy to understand the program and very easy to get members to sign up with.
The customer service is awesome if I did have questions and the Flock Help page and video's also helped a lot.
The most positive thing of Flocknote is the knowing that the messages are getting out to the people without being held up by email issues. So far this has been awesome.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at this point. We are still somewhat new with it but everything is working the way we want it to.

Joann D.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Need to be able to have duplicate emails or duplicate phone numbers

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

Pros

it is SO easy and intuitive. The developers thought about so many aspects (such as sending an email via text if there is no email address on file)

Cons

There are often shared email addresses or shared cell phone numbers. If the software could accomodate this that would be wonderful

Response from Flocknote

Thanks so much for this review, JoAnn! Our team really values this feedback and we read everything to make sure we're constantly improving Flocknote and giving you all the tools you need for success. If you have any other suggestions, feel free to send them our way at [email protected] God bless you. :)

Andrew r P.

Wonderful Way to Connect with Congregations

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Solid product, superb customer service, excellent value for the money.

Pros

The fact that I can text, email, call, and post to social media with one click.

Cons

The Flocknote People module isn't fully functional yet; can't wait for all the features!

Response from Flocknote

Zippity doo dah -- what a great review! Thank you for this, Pastor Andrew. I do want to note that as of now, Flocknote People is fully functional; if you're seeing something different on your end or having any issues, would you mind sending us an email at [email protected]? We'd be happy to look into it for you. :)

God bless you and Hopkins United Methodist Church!

Julienne R.

Flocknote for Connecting with Parishioners

Reviewed on 2021/01/13

Pros

This is a great way to communicate when your a busy person verses calling or emailing since you can customize your message.

Cons

I'm not very computer savvy and it took me a long while before I got the hang of it. I don't feel that it is user friendly for a beginner.

Response from Flocknote

Thank you for this great review, Julienne! If you ever need help or additional training, we'd love to offer it for free. Simply email us at [email protected] or visit Flocknote.com/call to chat over the phone. Thanks for this feedback! :)

Mathew J.

Great!

Reviewed on 2021/01/07

Pros

Being able to see the statistic on my email has been very helpful. Additionally seeing who has clicked through on my links in the email.

Cons

Being able to but personal names on mass emails would be a helpful feature

Response from Flocknote

Thanks for this review, Matthew! I'll let the team know your thoughts on personalizing emails. We appreciate the feedback. God bless!

Nathan T.

SATISFIED

Reviewed on 2019/09/23

Pros

IT IS VERY USER FRIENDLY AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ON TIME

Cons

NOTHING. IT IS WHAT WE WERE LOOKING FOR AT A GREAT PRICE

Response from Flocknote

Thanks a bunch, Pastor Nathan! We think you deserve 5 stars as well! If you ever have questions or suggestion for future features, we'll be here and happy to chat!

Nate M.

Awesome Tool for Communication

Reviewed on 2020/01/20

FlockNote has allowed us to better communicate with our congregation and community. Looking forward to the future with FlockNote

Pros

Love being able to send messages to everyone but also be able to single out small groups and individual subgroups of our church.

Cons

Wish we could send pics through the platform. But I hear it’s coming!!!

Response from Flocknote

Wowzers -- thanks for the time you took to leave us a review, Pastor Nate! We love that Flocknote has helped you to better communicate with your congregation and we look forward to being able to offer you expanded texting features in the future to supercharge these communications even further! :)

Jamie S.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Why Flocknote is right for our church

Reviewed on 2019/07/11

Pros

I love that I can reach everyone in my church with one button, and keep everyone connected. It makes growing a church much easier, I can even keep my visitors connected.

Cons

I wish I could send out a long text message

Response from Flocknote

Thanks for the kind words, Jamie! Hearing things like this helps us to keep going in our mission, so God bless you! :)