Relias Healthcare LMS

Healthcare learning management system for employees

Ian M.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Relias Learning

Reviewed on 2021/03/30

Been using for multiple years and it has only gotten better with time.

Pros

I use this every year for my job and it keeps us updated on everything that could change in my field. The courses are easy to use and very informative.

Cons

Mobile is not user friendly and is kind of buggy. Makes it harder to do stuff on the go. Sometimes after doing a task it doesn't register and needs redone.

Abigail K.

Forced into being a subscriber more than 4 years later...

Reviewed on 2021/02/20

I really can't describe how frustrating Relias has been. The customer service is terrible (they will regularly admit that they don't know how to fix a problem, and not follow up with a solution), the product has only a fraction of the promised capabilities, and they substitute in deceptive long-term autorenewal of contracts in for a functional product or customer service. It's so bad that while we have decided to stop attempting to use Relias even though we are still paying for it for the next 3 years, and subscribe to another company's LMS system simultaneously, as having a functional LMS product is critical and Relias's LMS system is not functional for our needs. In short, we'll be paying several thousand dollars for an unusable product through Relias over the upcoming years, and then paying less elsewhere for another LMS product that in superior in all ways.

Pros

The concept of having an administrator account that allowed us to assign and monitor what courses staff is what originally attracted us to the product. We also liked the concept of purchasing "Seats" that could be rotated between users if we didn't need to use the seat for one person ongoing.

Cons

The user experience is quite awful. The courses randomly stop in the middle and makes you restart, forcing users to watch courses multiple times to finish. Several of the courses I took were acceptable in content, and others gave advice and opinions contrary to research, which is a significant concern in the field. They say that they have CEU courses for multiple disciplines, but when we try to access courses for certain disciplines listed, there will just be one or two basic courses, such as HIPPA - which all clinicians already have and is not specific to the discipline. Most frustrating is that they slip a tiny link at the bottom of their contracts that link to a separate "terms and conditions" document, in which they lock small companies into contracts impossible to get out of for years and years. Our previous business manager, who has since passed away, started a 3 years contract with them over 4 years ago. I tried to cancel services after the end of the last contract and they say they autorenewed the contract for another 3 years, (without anyone's approval), because our deceased business manager didn't contact them prior to the end of the contract to stop the autorenewal. That's several thousand dollars worth of services over the upcoming years, what we didn't agree to and don't want, that they will continue trying to bill us for for the next 3 years.

Robert C.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Provides a wide range of offerings, free in some states/networks

Reviewed on 2021/03/26

Pros

Relias has a clear search function, it is very simple to search by the credentialing body you need. I use the ASWB search which will apply for multiple states and territories.
The service is available free from some managed care organizations as a benefit for being in network.
Relias keeps records of course completion that allows for printing multiple certificates if needed.

Cons

There are not enough courses that have audio available,

Jammie H.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Easy system to use for required training

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

As a Healthcare provider we use this system to keep all employees up to date on the mandatory training.

Pros

I like that when you log in you are able to see the training courses that are currently due and future courses with the dates they are available and when they are due.

Cons

Uploading documents can need some help. Its a little difficult to upload a document and just have it sent to the supervisor for verification.

Matthew C.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

I guess it's better than a meeting

Reviewed on 2018/09/29

Pros

I like it when the training modules can be skipped through quickly. Honestly, all the information is pretty intuitive already.

Cons

The training modules that you have to sit through because it won't let you skip are extremely painful.

Megan J.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Alot of promises with very little delivery.

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Training compliance if they don't discontinue the course credentials without letting the administrator know.

Pros

I like the content offered and the features they stated they had available. It is easy for the learner to use as long as there are no glitches. Support is terrible once there are glitches.

Cons

This software is easy to work with from a learner perspective, but then if there is a problem it is so convoluted on how to get support. It is terrible!! Learner's emails for support go to the corporate person's inbox. They have deleted their support email and now you have to fill out a 15 part form in order to submit a request. It's terrible support. It's hard to get the specific reports you want and you can't filter someone's transcript by the training plan you are looking for. I hate this product.

Shannon H.

Very helpful in providing training for all staff.

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

Time saving, ease of access

Pros

Love the variety of training offered, many options to choose from, site is user friendly, staff more eager to participate in training as they can do it from home or phone.

Cons

The cost is not budget friendly, although worth it to me, it was a hard sell to my employers . The expense of adding employee access as your company grows.

Lirio C.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great Concept

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Pros

I have only been using this program for just under 6 months and it has so many features it has taken a little longer for me to learn the ins and outs of the program. As a company, we use RELIAS to track our online and in person training. I am in charge of uploading everyone's certificates into RELIAS and at first it was a little confusing but after doing it so many times it is super easy to do. I like that there is the option for employees to register for a training and send an email to their manager for approval- before RELIAS, tracking who wanted to go to what training was a mess. RELIAS has helped our company so much in the little time we have used it.

Cons

Not that I liked it least, but there are so many options to explore, it took a little longer to get used to it and learn it.

Anita U.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Ease of Fulling Dreaded Training Requirements

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

Using Relias allows me to access my reccurring, training courses - that are required to maintain my employment - online. The ability to access these training courses online, and therefore remotely, lets me do them in comfort and at my own pace.

Pros

I really like how clearly everything is laid out. That makes it easy to jump from one area to another when trying to schedule my live trainings.

Cons

Although I have no complaints about this software, it would be nice to be able to maneuver back a page without an automatic refresh.

Miranda M.

Not a very dynamic system

Reviewed on 2014/07/10

Overall the system is fairly user friendly. However, the limitations of the program can make it less than appealing to anyone wanting to use the system for anything other than the most basic training. The canned reports are very limited and custom reports are not available. Substantial metrics are difficult, if not impossible, to create due to these limitations. The program does not interface with any of our other programs so much be constantly updated manually. Also, once an employee is entered into the system they can never be removed, only inactivated. We've had the program for quite awhile now and have definitely been underwhelmed by what it can offer.

Rachel S.

Functional for our needs

Reviewed on 2020/03/11

Overall this software has been very useful. I came on board after Relias had already been implemented for ~2 years and without an LMS administrator, many features had been overlooked completely. Now we are using much more of the capabilities of the system.

Pros

Customer support is quick to respond and resolve issues. Administration is simple, I can log in as users quickly and troubleshoot.

Cons

I would like to be able to customize reports more, or build my own.

Janet Z.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Began wonderfully, was great when it was Essential Learning

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

Good content. There is a wide variety of courses available although staff with family and busy schedules rarely availed themselves of it. It was an easy transition, although we made it with the staff of Essential Learning so I can't speak to how Relais does with it. Everything else with them is more difficult but this could be going well for new companies. It would be nice if they approached things with a customer service prospective vs collection agency forcing unhappy customers to stay.

Cons

Staff got little out of it. Did the course work just to get credit. You can pass with little understanding of material so was a waste of money. Customer service abysmal. We asked for one year contract and was provided one. Was verbally assured contract would not automatically renew. Makes no sense they repeatedly call to renew contract then renew even if you say no. We will end up in court so I admit to some bias and should never forget in corporate America that your word means nothing it just what you can squeeze in the paperwork, but this really was a waste of money for our workforce. So many free materials available it makes no sense. Just basically paying so it looks good for licensing.

William T.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Allows users the ability to keep their employees up to date on critical training.

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

Pros

The software offers interactive videos that demonstrate trainings, safety, and ethics related topics. As an employer, videos can be scheduled for your employees, and email reminders will be sent out when they are due. Employees also have the ability to participate in trainings that are extracurricular in nature. ie If an employee wants to brush up on excel skills, Relias offers video tutorials on that subject. The videos are high quality, and most are interactive.

Cons

The videos can be a bit dull and monotone in nature. This is the nature of the beast as the topics are usually dull anyway. Though, they are necessary.

Art M.

Continues to dazzle

Reviewed on 2014/07/31

We've been on Relias for approximatley 7 months now and are moving through the process of rolling it out to over 7000 staff in over 50 locations, as well as in community healthcare. This is not a smal project , but throughout the process so far I've found the support to be exemplary. Calls are returned and answered quickly and their "CHAT" help desk is a god-send.

With regard to the product itself, the number of options in reporting makes it far more versatile than the previous LMS we had and the feature that allows us to create a report, save it, and have it automatically generated and emailed to the Manager who developed it is a real selling point.

There are few cons that I can pinpoint except some minor user-interface issues. In all, a real success story in the making for us.

Julie G.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Relias Academy does not work with smart phones or tablets

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

Customer service was anything but. The reps and managers say there is NOTHING that can be done to compensate for time lost, that they have known about this problem for...ever, apparently. It's why they instituted an app for Relias Learning - which is separate from Relias Academy. For some reason they have not expanded their app's use - maybe because it has 2 stars. Utterly, completely ridiculous that they have done nothing to fix this, they do not warn customers when using a phone or tablet, and then say there is literally NOTHING they can do.

Pros

Variety of topics for needed CEUs. Had option to register for several courses at once.

Cons

It turns out that customers cannot reliably use phones and tablets to take Relias Academy courses. They hide this under system requirements and then blame the customer when the program fails to record their progress. Why on earth would anyone in this day and age think they couldn't use a phone and tablet to take online courses? This beggars belief.

Kenneth P.

Relias LMS has been a great training resource for my organization

Reviewed on 2017/10/05

Pros

Relias LMS offers a large array of quality training courses which are current and relevant to the needs of my organization's workforce. Many of the courses enable credentialed staff to receive instant CEUs once they have completed them. Relias LMS also provides detailed tracking and alerts for a host of human resources functions.

Cons

The cost of the optional human resources management package and specialized training products could seem a little pricey for smaller organizations.

Relias is an LMS that our company has used to maintain annual trainings for professionals.

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

compliance on licensing and accreditation.

Pros

Relias is an LMS that our company has used to maintain annual trainings for professionals and paraprofessionals alike.

Cons

reporting and customer support are lacking and I am certain the system can do more for me than what I have had to teach myself

Amber B.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

Pros

Easy to find and assign trainings. Quality of trainings are great and easy for all levels of staff.

Cons

Unable to assign matching certificates to sign electronically so still have to complete those separately.

Elvarina H.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

The ease and use that Relias LMS offers!

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

The fact that building an in-house LMS gives you the power to fully integrate your branding. Your entire online training program reflects your image on the front and back end, thereby enhancing the aesthetics and boosting credibility.

Pros

The benefits of building an in-house Learning Management System tailored to your organization's specificity has much to be desired. Customization, Improved Functionality, Brand Integration and Targeted Expenses.

Cons

There are risks of technical challenges as with any in-house system, there's always a chance that you will have to deal with tech glitches, even if you purchased the pre-built LMS. Plus, there are drawbacks to bear in mind in regards to the maintenance of an in-house LMS.

Relias Is a Great Fit for Our Organization

Reviewed on 2019/04/10

Relias is a vast improvement over our last training software and it allows us to meet requirements as an FQHC.

Pros

Relias has so many classes to choose from and is a great fit for our organization where we have healthcare providers as well as staff who do not interact with patients. We can offer classes that are more in-depth for our staff who interface with clients and still meet governmental requirements by offering less detailed to training to administrative staff.

Cons

Some of the training is a little corny. Relias tries to keep it useful, but on occasion the training is a little over the top and dramatic.

Michelle D.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Poor Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

None. Staff had to duplicate work . Discussed a short term agreement with the option to extend but was given a 5 year contract. Inflexible. Customer service below expectations.

Pros

Has the potential to be a good product. Would be nice if an organization could update how many users. Organizations change and they don't want to pay for unnecessary licenses. A learning system that is flexible as the industry evolves is a better solution.

Cons

Your organization will be stuck in a long term contract without any flexibility to make changes to pricing, structure, or terms of service. Take copious notes if you enter into any discussions and read your contract very carefully.

Peggy F.

Awesome training!

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Pros

They are extremely thorough on training admins to use this software. We selected for their continuing CARF compliance.

Cons

I understand the fun aspect of the badges, but it seems pretty childish.

Kenneth T.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Not Perfect, But Does The Job

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

Pros

The software is able to provide instantaneous printouts of continuing education certificates.

Cons

It is difficult to search for topics and the software can be buggy.

Zeke H.
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easy to use and very informative

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

Pros

Very use full easy to use and has many different trainings to chose from for employees

Cons

Some employees say it is confusing to use at dirst die to different windowa

Jacob K.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Relias Review

Reviewed on 2021/03/06

Overall Relias is a good platform for training staff on a variety of topics and in a timely manner.

Pros

Relias is a very user friendly platform for staff training; allows for compliance tracking; and course completion. Training can be tailored to fit needs of staff.

Cons

Some courses allow staff to skip through the material and do not require that each section is listened to or read before moving forward.