Schoox

Learning & talent management platform

4,4
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Pretty meh. There must be a better alternative.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/07/10

It's much easier to make sure that everyone does company-mandated trainings/reads memos/etc because you can actually assign courses and track their completion. It's only worth it if you really have people dedicated to company-specific trainings, though.

Pros

It's pretty standard, as far as this sort of software goes. You can see what's been assigned to you that you have to complete, and prove that you've done whatever required courses. It seems simple enough to create a course if you need something custom.

Cons

Course building tools could be improved. They aren't terrible, but there's room for improvement in making it way easier to create courses and record/create course content within the system. I've also been really disappointed in the number, quality, and variety of "outside" courses that we can take. The "professional"/"business" courses seem like something you'd put together in middle school. Very unpolished.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Shannon S.
Industry: Hospitality
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

We love Schoox and the support is amazing!

Reviewed on 2017/08/25

Pros

Schoox has helped us with consistency in training. I like being able to get training material out to our entire company or certain departments. We can assign courses to individuals or to groups. We are able to track training and compliance courses to assure that our team is completing their courses.

Cons

My least favorite part of Schoox is the hierarchy set up. It is confusing to me and it carries over to the auto-assign rule for courses.

Response from Schoox

Thank you Shannon!

Michael R.
Industry: Medical Practice

Innovative Approach To Training Your Team

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/06/28
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I love this software. I think it's creative and easy to use. Training your team (and keeping them current with trainings) is a lot to handle - too much for many businesses. If you've ever come to the close of a year, only to realize that some of your team members haven't completed their required trainings, you may want to check out Schoox for your business training needs. Plus, it has great mobile features. Schoox helps you keep track of employee training and keeps your team rowing in the same direction.

Cons

Not much in the way of Cons. I really like this software. If your employees aren't tech savvy, or don't have access to a computer, implementation may be more challenging; but this software is most likely to be used in professional settings anyway - so that's not going to be an issue.

Andrew Z.
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

A fantastic new LMS provider.

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/10/03
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Schoox is a compilation of the best features available in any LMS available today, plus more thrown into the affordable package just because they are awesome.

Pros

These guys are new, but have blown our expectations away in terms of functionality, compatibility, and checking all of the "must have" boxes and more. Their software supports all file-types, has an online repository, a killer mobile app, and a strong foundation of hierarchies.

Cons

The interface is complicated at time, with several button presses to get to where you need to go. Although they have 'walk-me' embedded on most pages to mitigate that.

Kim S.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

eLearning Platform

Reviewed on 2018/06/17
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Great product for social eLearning that allows for smooth delivery of employee training, development, and certification from various social platforms

Cons

Some of the social platforms integrate more easily than others however that is to be expected and would happen with almost any product.

Brie L.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Good product for learning and teaching employees!

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/11/06

great, i would say that schoox has been a great addition to our business for helping our employees grow!

Pros

you can have access to a multitude of courses ranging from PDF's to videos and are even able to access quizzes and have certificates printed.

Cons

i cant really say there is anything that i dislike about it. some of the wording on the quizzes can be tough but i believe that is a user errror

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Monica C.

Schoox

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/03/28

Pros

The software is easy to set up and to maneuver through as an administrator and as a user. The administrative tools allow users to be creative in what they set up. Being able to share training among others in the Schoox community is also a great benefit.

Cons

When integrated with another system, you lose many of the functionality built into the system directly. It also causes confusion with certain set up items, such as the organizational structure admin set up. Also, you need to make sure to set up your courses to include all applicable content as the search functionality is not the best. Ensuring that everything is in one place will alleviate the issue of not being able to locate content.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Andrew R.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easy to get going, great end user experience.

Reviewed on 2016/06/12

After reviewing a number of LMS solutions (on premise and cloud) we decided to implement Schoox.

Schoox was east to trial ( a few click to get a pilot running), and simple to upload some sample content.

Schoox were very helpful in moving this trial into production.

Pros

No on premise infrastructure required. A great experience through web or mobile. Integrated with our identity management platform (Azure AD).
Well documented API's

Cons

Looking forward to the Azure AD SSO being integrated with the mobile app.

Hudson M.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

it was ok as far as software goes

Reviewed on 2015/04/14

it was ok as far as software goes

Pros

ability to use it on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets

Cons

quick way to provide coursework for our users and see what they accomplished

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Diego S.
Industry: Retail

Great but it has it's problems

Reviewed on 2017/01/17
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Schoox it's fairly new compared to many of the other systems out there, in fact, many of it's manufacturing practices for it's LMS come from third party partners. This gives it a high level of innovation but at the same time, it allows for too many alpha and beta test situations.

Pros

Lots of innovation and ease of use

Cons

Too new of a product

Gail B.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Good system for first time users

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2017/01/18
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The system utilizes a drag and pulls system, so there's no need for an LMS admin which is a huge plus, they do provide access to third party contributors for content. Most of the content however, is geared toward the hospitality industry so unless you are building your own content or have a different content provider you may struggle there a bit. It has a wide variety of usability including social media elements, virtual classrooms, and gamification. All in all, it's a good system.

Pros

Doesn't require an admin.

Cons

Unless you work in hospitality or restaurant the third party content struggles.

Todd C.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

I use this weekly for networking and my business

Reviewed on 2021/01/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It organizes my learning and gives me a performance metric. This is crucial to continued motivation.

Pros

The functionality of the dashboard continuously improves. The learning tracking organizers completed courses quite well. Downloadable documents are also nice.

Cons

The search feature doesn't seem to be as effective as it should be. That may be a result of the organization I am with, but if this could be improved, I would like the product even more.

Nick S.
Industry: Utilities

Schoox is a terrific quick-start LMS

Reviewed on 2016/06/10

Our experience with Schoox has been flawless. Schoox provides all the functionality expected in a Learning Management System. It's easy to get started with, and provides the administrative and operational functionality we need. Clients have also commented favorably on its intuitive structure, ease of use and accessibility.

Pros

Supports a large variety of course and media types. The mobile apps are really terrific and easy to use. Extremely easy to add and manage users and track their activity. Very easy to add or build courses, exams, etc. Customization of individual academies is also very straightforward. Schoox makes our courseware look good.

Cons

Very little in the way of flaws or complaints. Frankly, the only concern is that Schoox is still a relatively new product, so there is a steady flow of feature introductions. This does not interfere with use - some of the features you might find in more mature products are still under development.

Angela O.
Industry: Education Management

RSH and SchooX

Reviewed on 2016/06/14

SchooX's platform is very user friendly and the customer service is excellent. Setting up and/or editing courses can be completed with ease!

Pros

I love the student dashboard, I can get a snapshot view of student progress to see who may need some extra help.

Cons

The quiz program is a nice way to test basic conceptual understanding, would like to see a way to securely proctor exams that has a way to issue more complex questions than multiple choice, true/false, etc.

Elizabeth S.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Schoox is Awesome!

Reviewed on 2016/06/10

We have had a great experience with Schoox. Their support team helped us launch efficiently and it is easy to navigate for our franchise partners.

Pros

Ability to build hierarchy and permissions.
Easy to upload content and create courses.

Jack H.
Industry: Management Consulting

best buck for your bang

Reviewed on 2017/01/17
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I"ve used schooxs while working at subway, and I think it's one of the best systems out there. You get to work directly with the founders when you have a concept you want to employ. It's cloud based so it doesn't take up a lot of space and you get unlimited storage. For those organizations that do not have content, schoox has several partners that can design content for you or help you build your own. It's a great platform.

Pros

easy to use
cost effective

Cons

not all the content is great for your business they are mostly in the retail restaurant business.

Industry: Warehousing

We switched to Schoox from an old in-house solution and should have done this years ago

Reviewed on 2019/02/13

We should have switched to Schoox years ago. It's far easier to setup and manage, and is chock-full of features that we were lacking with an archaic in-house system.

Pros

-very easy to setup and create new user content
-easy to share and integrate with our intranet and external web applications
-have not found schoox to be lacking any of the features that had been backlogged in our in-house solution for years (assignments, reporting, mobile apps)
-Mobile App is extremely useful for much of our target audience
-business KPI's took some time to setup but are very useful

Cons

-Per-User cost is expensive until you get into the 5000+ user tier, so fortunately we were able to save quite a bit there

Perry G.

Really Poor Support, Functionality is lacking

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Pros

I am able to log in and use the program pretty easily. Lots of the company i work with has files up there to view and watch.

Cons

They have no support, they push it back to the company level, but then add nothing. There are errors on the website that they don't acknowledge. When I finish a course many times i don't get credit. They can't explain how the leader board works and when I prove there is an error in the listing they blame it on others. They have not responded to several emails about website issues. They are really a poorly run company wiht poor support and even poorer leadership

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Christian P.

Perfect LMS for our company.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/05/27

Pros

So simple to use, and even easier to get set-up and start using. This the perfect learning management system for our company, as we can have a number of users, which we use so our customers can have access to various training videos.

Cons

The only con I would have is that the pricing is set for small to medium sized businesses, but it is very cost effective, so that should not be a deterrent. They do offer enterprise pricing I beleive for large companies, which we hope to be someday.

Lisamarie M.

Razzle dazzle, less functionality

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/06/22

Pros

Haven't found it yet. Everything that was easy on the old site is on users separate pages and difficult to navigate through. I should be using this a few times a week and so far can't do most of what I need with it.

Cons

Can't figure out extra features such as reporting and clueless response team. I don't think they even know what interrater reliability is.

Industry: Entertainment

The best by far!

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

Schoox has transformed our company's training department. It is great having a system that is very easy to use and cell phone compatible.

Pros

Schoox is a game-changer when it comes to training. It easily integrated with Aloha and HotSchedules making it a must-have for anyone in the F&B, hospitality, or family entertainment industries. I love the many features and new ones that are added all the time. It is intuitive for the end-user and as an administrator, I find the system relatively easy to master. Whenever I do have an issue, the customer support is spot on.

Cons

Very little cons. I wish some of the settings were better defined.

Henry G.

Future Potential, But Painful Present

Reviewed on 2019/06/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Our organization is truly attempting to incorporate and adopt a culture of learning. I fear we are in jeopardy of compromising our efforts due to our inability to rely on Schoox to perform effectively. I believe if the technical issues could be resolved, we can still leverage Schoox to achieve our mission. There have been many things that I have found that I love about the Schoox system. I truly would love to have a long term partnership, but the problems are currently outweighing the benefits.

Pros

The user interface is pretty good. Our users love how easy it is to navigate the system. Most tasks are pretty simple to complete. Re-versioning content is a breeze! As long as you have a clear vision for your organization's hierarchy and content layout, you will be able to effectively set up the system.

Cons

Support is very bad! We have had bad experiences with notifications and recently I received a notification that I was terminated from our academy. I also received a notification that a former employee has added me to our academy, but I am still receiving error messages when I attempt to access. I have now been unable to access the system and have had no immediate assistance from any of my support channels. Needless to say, as a super admin in the system and the Training Manager of the organization, not being able to access the system is a MAJOR problem. Although the user interface is very nice, administration tasks are inconsistent at best. I don't like having to depend on the Schoox team to fix and adjust things on the back-end. Quite honestly, I am concerned with the systems integrity and I am not fond of other entities have 'back door' access to our system.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Daniel M.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Great software but not for the novice.

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

Schoox has been great for us overall. We have used it primarily for onboarding new hires up to this point, but we will eventually build out more continuing education modules within the system. It definitely took some time to figure out how to use, but the Schoox staff was great and always available. Our initial training with them was a screen share session followed by many phone calls and emails. Anytime we have a question they will always eagerly provide assistance. The HotSchedules integration was a huge selling point for us and has been great.

Pros

Schoox is full of features and functions like tracking and reporting, but the best thing we liked about Schoox is its complexity and ability to grow with us as our company grows. We can make it as small or big as we want it. It also integrates with HotSchedules which was a huge selling point for us.

Cons

When we decided to formalize our training program, I was tasked with the initial build-out. I am by no means a Learning and Development Manager, so I had a hard time figuring out how to use Schoox. We had played around with Talent LMS and I found it to be much simpler for the novice yet not as customizable as Schoox. The final choice to go with Schoox came from us understanding we needed to hire a L&D Manager eventually who would know how to use it better than me, which we did. Now all is well, but be warned this is not likely a software that can be learned casually by a novice.

Joshua F.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

We get to say "Yes, we can do that!"

Reviewed on 2016/06/17

Long story short, we are a large quick-service restaurant chain and were unhappy with our LMS provider and looking for a change. Our old system was archaic, difficult to use, and the reporting wasn't serving our needs. During the search for a new vendor, schooX was the only one that said in their presentation that an LMS should be "elegant" and that really caught our attention because at the time we felt that many providers didn't "get it" that systems should be easy to use for all users.

We've been on schooX for a year now and so far it has been a fantastic system to use. Everything from the technical capabilities to the administrative functions make it a breeze to implement training quickly. From an instructional design perspective it is very easy to push courses out to learners and the built-in assessment engine has allowed us to get away from SCORM which has always been a headache.

Overall the system is also easy to administer and the majority of our questions we receive in tech support are clerical and really have nothing to do with schooX. When we do have an issue though the schooX support team is very responsive and works on resolutions quickly.

Pros

In no particular order:

- Depth of reporting, you can slice and dice information in many different ways directly in the system

- Dynamic 3D reporting structure, we're a large company with a complicated franchise structure and schooX was the only one able to actually replicate our org structure

- Easy to administer from an enterprise perspective. We have about 31,000 users and can support the system with less than 40 hours a week

- Constant development on new features. The schooX developers actively listen to their clients and work to implement features that would make the system better to use.

- Friendly support staff

- Rapid rapid rapid!! creation of courses. As long as you have your content ready to go (be it SCORM, PDF, movie files, PowerPoint presentations, websites, etc.) you can very quickly stitch them into a course with each piece of content serving as a lecture. You can then go into the quizzing engine and create some nice assessments to go along with them.

- The best thing is we get to say to our departments/learners "Yes, we can do that!" when it comes to training. So many times in the past we had to say "No, we can't push training to just this group or have this feature because of X Y Z." With schooX we can find a way to do just about anything.

- Mobile learning is very simple with the schooX app

Cons

Originally when we adopted the system they didn't have all of the enterprise features that we needed such as marking courses complete, merging users, and daily user imports. They have fixed these and continue to implement new features which is good.

Betsy C.

Top of the Line LMS Solution

Reviewed on 2016/06/29

Schoox has exceeded my expectations on all levels. I am able to deliver training to a few or many with ease.

Pros

Form, function and ease of use.