Linga POS

Point of sale, inventory & payments management solution

3,9
4,1
3,8
3,9
4,1
Rebecca O.

Most Affordable, Efficient and Advanced POS System

Reviewed on 2018/08/14

I was initially concerned about switching to a cloud based system, being based in Australia but the technology has been amazing. This is not just a POS, it is a full package to run a business from data analytics to marketing.

Pros

I loved that I could pull real time reports at anytime from anywhere. Full inventory package. I could add/remove menu items instantly. Built in online ordering and loyalty!

Cons

I didn't have any issues, so no complaints.

Response from Linga POS

Thank you, Rebecca! We appreciate your ongoing feedback.

Jonathan S.
Industry: Food & Beverages

The Best iPad Cloud POS in the Marketplace and it is Free to Start.

Reviewed on 2016/08/15

Journey of finding a decent tablet pos has been really hard, bunch of companies and options out there, all of them claim that they are able to support restaurant requirements like, modifying Menu items, being able to charge extra for bigger size portions and calculating the food cost of all these modifiers, Purchase orders, Happy Hours etc. After starting with Shopkeep, I quickly realize it is not for full service restaurants, then I bought Touch bistro, great look and feel but I quickly realize it was not a cloud based system, I was not able to make changes to my menu items or run reports remotely. Then I heard the buzz about Revel, after spending $3000 on one full iPad unit, the service issues and the bugs was not covering the $119 a month I was paying. Then I kept googling and ran into few more systems and decided on Linga POS, I downloaded on my iPad which automatically gave me Pro Plan with Inventory management and table service. I was so impressed after few weeks of testing, it reminded me of my Aloha system which I dumped for Shopkeep because I needed a cloud pos, which was a bad decision on my part, from everything I have looked at This is the only cloud based pos have the functionality and robustness of ALOHA pos. Even better than the NCR's own cloud based system Silver.

Pros

Ease of use, literally took me 5 min to learnt he front of the house and Back office was a breeze after I go through few videos on menu programming. It is Fast and supports all the functionalities of a real restaurant POS, Happy Hours, Purchase Order, Time Clock, Recipe Costing, Inventory management, Auto creation of PO from low stock items.

Cons

Linga has its own Bluetooth printer, I had to change my BT printer to their brand which is fast but it was expensive.

Jeff I.

Stay away

Reviewed on 2019/09/01

Horrible!!!

Pros

Easy to use both front and back of the house

Cons

You get what you pay for. So bad I mean bad. Customer service the worst. The first month we were on the phone everyday with problems. Went well for a few months then more problems. I paid for this unit in our second location and it still in a box because they wouldn’t take it back and we are not using it

Response from Linga POS

Hello Mr. Igneri,
We truly appreciate your feedback and would like to speak with you regarding this matter. We consider all customer feedback highly important and would like to provide you with a fair resolution. Please reach out to us with your contact information at [email protected] or call us at 1-833-695-4642.
Thank you again for your review and hope you have a great day.
Kind Regards,
The Linga Team

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Joseph K.

Very high tech and sexy product.

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Pros

Love the look and interface with the customer. It truly is one of the most customer friendly POS systems on the market.

Cons

My only con to the system is that it was brand new when we purchased it and not all of the features had been rolled out yet.

Response from Linga POS

Thanks for the review, Joseph. Yes, two years ago Linga was brand new. So much has been added in the past two years, with multiple feature updates per quarter. We have a very aggressive feature innovation and release schedule, led by a technically savvy CEO, and a good portion of it driven by very active listening to customer demands. Our development team is second to none, and has added some amazing features in 2018, including waitlist module, cash discount features, central kitchen integration, embedded tutorials, ERP and accounting integrations. If you have ideas for new features or integrations, please let us know.

Robert B.
Industry: Restaurants

Great cloud-based POS solution with high potential. The support team are 2nd to none

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Cloud-based, centralized POS solution with extensive functionality

Pros

- Very functional solution for an Enterprise with competitive rates
- This Cloud-based POS software makes it easy to manage and reconcile from anywhere in the world
- In-depth reporting and analytical tools
- Useful Role and User management module
- Fantastic support with an engaged CEO
- We've been with Linga since it's inception and the software has only gotten better with new functions and enhancements. It will continue to improve over time.

Cons

- A few bugs here and there which are common in software development

Cody B.
Industry: Restaurants

Bar/Restaurant setting, Has everything we need!

Reviewed on 2018/07/17

Saves me time and the business money for doing all of the daily deposits and weekly payroll.

Pros

Keeps my books in order at all times, Great for teaching new employees prices on all different items. Keeps all employees honest.

Cons

It does automatically clock employees out at a little after 1 am. Not sure why but cannot seem to find the reasoning behind it.

Response from Linga POS

Thanks for the review, Cody! I'm glad it's helping your business.

Regarding the automatic clock out> That's likely due to the store hours you have set in Store Settings. You can extend the store hours to have more time, or set it to 24 hours. Here's a page with video on where to find this setting:

We have over 60 video tutorials to help users be productive, and our latest release has links to the appropriate video embedded in Linga POS.

Bei T.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Almost there but not quite

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Data collection as well as access to store real-time info when away

Pros

Growing functions that allows business owners to use Linga to organize their business planning. Program also allow flexible customizing to our business needs making it easier for our employees and customers

Cons

It's bugs after updating new versions. Often lag or some functions not performing correctly. Fix can range anywhere from as quick as the next hour to a couple days for next update

Alfred B.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Easy to use team seems to be continuously developing the software with new features. Sales need work

Reviewed on 2018/07/11

Inventory management, Cloud based functionality, Quick Serve

Pros

Software is feature rich very easy to use in most cases there could always be a few tweaks to improve how some features currently work but overall system is good

Cons

some features do not work the you require and to have the feature implemented you have to purchase the feature and then wait for development work. Also customer should be giving option to test out new add-on before purchase to ensure they work correctly and provide feedback for any development changes

Response from Linga POS

Thanks for your feedback, Alfred! We have been very aggressive with innovation and new module development in the first half of 2018, and are gathering feedback for futher refinement. We have a beta of 2.1.8 posted for trial at lingapos.com/download, with more major enhancements like Cash Discount support, eDynamo EMV, embedded training videos, and several dozen improvements to existing features.

Scott W.
Industry: Facilities Services

Good, Support was very heplful

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Pros

I find the software easy to modify and customize, i've been able to make changes on the fly easily.

Cons

some items are repetitive to enter, but overall i enjoy the software and it is easy to use i would like to be able to make changes from the Ipad too

Manpreet N.
Industry: Computer Software

Piece of junk

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Worst experience ever.

Pros

Nothing really, from day 1 I had a lot of issues with the PoS

Cons

I had issues with the software from day 1. When I contacted them the customer support wasn't able to resolve it for days. Then I requested for a feature to allow

Response from Linga POS

Hello Mr. Narang, We truly appreciate your business and feedback. After an extensive review of your account it seems that the specific feature you requested was unfortunately not approved for immediate production, mainly because it wasn't suitable for our product.
We consider all customer requests carefully and select which features are added based on customer demand and usability.
Thank you again for your review and hope you have a great day.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Maria M.
Industry: Retail

Easy to Use!!!

Reviewed on 2016/09/05

Before Linga we had the basic Quickbooks POS. There were many steps that we had to do just for one transaction, and it wasn't user friendly. The first time we used Linga we couldn't believe the many possibilities we could do with it. We had a great time customizing it for our use. Aside from being a user friendly system, we can access the Linga back office anywhere. We can also schedule sales in advance, we can add or delete menu items and customize it for our use. It has signature pad capabilities, wireless printer, and we can do transactions anywhere in the shop. The Linga are awesome; they are very helpful, and they personally and immediately answer the phone.

Pros

You don't have to be a computer savvy to use Linga. It is extremely user friendly. Easy access of data instantly anytime and anywhere .

Cons

Linga is very useful; however, it is not yet perfected for retail operations.