Showing 131 reviews of 128

Intuit ProSeries Tax

Cloud-based tax management software for accounting firms

Showing 131 reviews of 128
Jason O.

Great Software for Tax Professionals

Reviewed on 2019/05/04

I have a good experience with this software year after year. I would recommend it.

Pros

I really liked the ease of use. Switching back and fourth between pages/schedules was very intuitive and easy. I also like the ability to carry forward returns from previous years to keep the important information and data consistent in the records for each client.
The software was also up to date on the current incentives and deductions so that made the review process faster.

Cons

It can be a little pricey, so unless you are doing 100-200 or more returns it might not be for your business.
Also I wasn't able to open the same file on two different computers to work with a colleague from a remote location on a client return, that would have been useful in a few situations.

Mark D.

Buyer Beware

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

Pros

I do like some of the reports that the software generates. It creates a client presentation to show clients what is going on with their taxes. However, some of their business practices are less than ethical. I find this disturbing. I've prepared taxes for 15 years and have used 3 software companies. While they all have their pros and cons, ProSeries is the only one that tried to strong-arm me using an auto-renewal that you aren't allowed to opt-out. You have to call, wait on hold, and sit through a sales pitch so THEY can decide if they want to take you off the auto-renewal.

Cons

AUTO-RENEWAL- YOU CANNOT SHUT THIS OFF. Once you purchase the software, they automatically sign you up for auto-renewal, and don't let you turn it off. They give you a phone number to call that is available during limited hours. When you call- be ready to be placed on hold for a loooong time. I was told they would call me back in 20 minutes but this never happened. I had to call multiple times and wait on hold to finally talk with someone. I'm still on the phone as we speak (2 hours later) and I still don't have the auto-renewal shut off.

Peter S.

Great mid-size tax firm software

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

Features: The Where do I enter button is great. Easy to find almost anything this way
Usability: For the intermediate to advanced user - not the lay person that doesn't understand taxes.
Cust Service: For 2017 they have taken AWAY and invaluable resource: Online chat support. We have had to spend hours on the phone waiting for support instead of simply doing the chat which is WAY better.

Cons

The automatic log out is a pain. If you have over 30 minutes of inactivity you are logged out and this is a security feature - I get that - but it sure is a pain during tax season when you need it at your finger tips.

Also, even though they FINALLY updated the 2017 software with the "Transfer" files to be spaced out, you still CANNOT simply type in the person's last name to find the prior year file. You can ONLY type the first letter of the last name. This is lame and there is absolutely no excuse for this in 2018.

Darlene C.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Tax Software Leader

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

I've been using Pro Series to generate and efile tax returns since Intuit bought out Parsons decades ago.

Pros

Pro Series is easy to use even on complex returns. It is flexible. I prefer to go straight to the returns because I know which ones to use. But it can also guide you through with questions.

Cons

The price is very high for a small firm. It is the price that makes me look at other products. I am sure Intuit must be making a huge profit but it takes a serious bite out of mine.

Lee S.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Intuit Proseries

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

for a larger business with a decent number of corporate returns this is a great program. Small businesses with a limited number of corporate returns not so good

Pros

Simple, straightforward and easy to use. The interview process is great and feels like you wouldn't miss any possible deductions.

Cons

Expensive to purchase and unable to purchase 1040 returns and a pay-per return for business tax returns such as 1120S & 1120 tax returns. Intuit requires you to purchase a package which is not cost-efficient for those with few corporate returns.

Jesse E.
  • Industry: Accounting

We are an accounting firm that has been using this software for years and have been very...

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

We rely on Proseries for all of our tax documents and filing. Having the ability to import all our client's digital paperwork as well as data from other applications into one main database makes our jobs so much easier.

Pros

All-In-One software with extensive set of add-ins. Very accurate database of information and always up to date. Very easy to use and administer.

Cons

Network installation and use can be buggy at times but locating a fix online is generally pretty easy.

Lou S.
  • Industry: Accounting

After 13 years, we are stepping away.

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

We grew our business on the back of this product. We went from 100s of clients in the late 90s to over 5,000 this year. We have seen the quality and the stability of the product real go down over the last 4 years. For those of you familiar with the product, we've seen crashes become more frequent, we've seen HomeBase issues become worse every year. A few years ago, when there were problems, I could depend on their support organization to help us get through it. They were always thoughtful about looking into the issue. That is no longer the position. I've been forced to "Prove" any issue was theirs. They've wanted me to remove all other software that wasn't theirs. Overall, it felt more like finding ways to deflect blame than to help. My team had the most difficult tax season this year in all my decades of running this business. The product crashes 3-5 times a day per person on average across a team of 15 people. I'm left this summer with the daunting task of switching to another provider, but the lost productivity this year was more expensive than the switch will be.

Pros

Simple to use.
Easy to onboard staff
We were able to quickly scale the office around the product.
Intuitive UI

Cons

Stability has become the primary issue
Lack of willingness of support to truly investigate any problem

Chris M.

ProSeries Dependability

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Proseries has been a very dependable tool for us for the past 20 years, and it is the cornerstone of our practice.

Pros

Proseries is a great tax software for the level of detail and comprehensiveness that it gives a preparer to do returns.

Cons

It is a little more antiquated than some of the newer softwares out.

Debra C.

Intuit ProSeries ~ ease of use

Reviewed on 2017/10/03

I feel this product is a good value for the cost of the product.

Pros

What I like best about this program is it is easy to use, I am able to find the necessary information quickly.

Cons

When there is a real estate sale each depreciable real estate asset has to be entered individually, you are not able to combine the items together as a group sale.

Valerie B.

I use it a lot

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Pros

easy to use, improve every year. the interface is easy to learn and they always give a lot of explanation and clue about what you are missing.

Cons

I try a lot of taxes software. It is hard when you have a big profile of taxes like a business or self-employed

John P.
  • Industry: Insurance

tax software review

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

i am preparing income taxes, very easy to use

Pros

ease of use, everything flows from year to year very smoothly

Cons

the cost of the product is getting very high

Alan H.

Best Tax Preparation Software

Reviewed on 2018/04/22

As someone who is just starting their own tax preparation business, I have to say that I cannot recommend this device enough. It is everything a tax preparer could ask for.

Pros

-Error correction
-Automatically calculates tax as you prepare the return
-Listing of all available forms
-Home Base feature for client list

Cons

-It can be tricky to use if you are not used to working with it before. However there are plenty of tutorials and once you get the hang of it you are good to go

Karla G.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Excellent choice for small tax office

Reviewed on 2018/09/08

I used Proseries from 2009 through 2017.

Pros

Proseries is easy to use and I especially like the forms based input method it utilizes. There are different subscription levels so you can tailor it to your needs and budget. I found the customer service to be very good and the support staff is knowledgeable.

Cons

It is desktop based, so you have to run updates. There is the possibility of data loss if you don't back it up somewhere off the local computer.

Brian A.

Tax prep for dummies.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

preparing my employees 1040's have never been easier. Intuit pro actually walks you through the steps needed to get the job done your fist time using Pro.

Cons

Learning the keyboard shortcuts was a pain but really helps out in the long run. Once you get them down you can fly through your work.

Rimi A.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Excellent integration with our existing quickbooks setup, familiar interface

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

We've used some of Intuit's other online tax software for our business previously, prior to expanding somewhat last year. We found their interface very simple and straightforward to use. We took up the trial version of Intuit ProSeries after a recommendation, to see how we can expand and make our tax work much more efficient with our increased workload this year.

Pros

Familiarity of the interface and easy to use tools and integration with our existing quickbooks setup made the entire process far more pleasurable and stress free. Also, the most useful aspect so far (out of many!) is the client missing data tool. We've had issues in the past so it was a welcome addition to our workset.

Cons

So far, none as we have used Intuit before, and as for price, we are currently only starting with the trial version so that has not been an issue.

Enrique F.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

CPA who enjoys using ProSeries Tax

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Overall I've been happy with ProSeries Tax. The price may be high for some but in my opinion you get what you pay for. It allows me to send tax returns electronically and I also can send clients pdf copies of their returns.

Pros

Been using it for 5 years and the ease of finding things and rolling over information year over year is great.

Cons

Sometimes, it may be hard to find helpful information, but I've learned that you need to be precise with the words so information comes up.

Sharon orosco O.

Proseries

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

Love the easy interview mode! Very easy to use and I love the error flags that immediately lets you know when there is a line error and when it's corrected.

Pros

Great customer service. Easy to use. Awesome flow and interview mode makes it easy for new preparers.

Cons

Customer Service isn't 24/7 like Drake and doesn't participate with refund advances this year through any bank products.

Sarah D.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

good product

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

Pros

We have used this for personal tax for a few years. easy use and consumer friendly. Would recommend to anyone

Cons

you need to make sure you have all your tax information correct. you cannot go back once its submitted.

Nieka S.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

It's amazing, but costly

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

Pros

It is so easy to use and track everything!
It links to everything you need it to.
It has a smooth, user friendly interface.

Cons

I do not make enough money right now to justify purchasing it.
When you purchase there was not an option that was offered just what I need. I do not need most of the features, and would have been more likely to pay for it happily if I didn't have to pay for so many things I don't need.

Tazlyn G.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Best tax software

Reviewed on 2018/12/29

Pros

I love how easy this is to use for your taxes

Cons

There was a couple questions I got stuck on but just call customer service and they help you through it

Paula G.

Excellent tool that asks all the right questions.

Reviewed on 2018/01/24

Pros

The ability to do my taxes myself instead of hiring a professional. I feel confident it maximizes my deductions.

Cons

This is more a function of the tax code, but it takes awhile to answer all the questions and some of the questions do not seem to logically fit the section they are under.

Audie H.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Make the fast and simple right choice

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Highly recommend

Pros

It's simple to use and works for anyone, you can he a novice PC user and will navigate with ease throughout.

Mary S.

Intuit tax

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

Pros

It's so easy to use . It's great and one of the mostleast expensive of its type of software. I would love to continue using this

Cons

It was a little confusing . Wasn't to quick to learn but you get the hang of it eventually

Belinda C.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Intuit ProSeries Tax

Reviewed on 2017/02/01

ProSeries Tax is the tax software solution offered by Intuit. Very easy to use to prepare and file taxes.

Pros

Convenient, and saves time.

Cons

Some states have had complaints about errors in their returns. Also, sometimes it's hard to find a specific form.

Mika E.

Good one for Individual Tax Returns preparations

Reviewed on 2016/12/23

Hello, I am Mika and am a service associate in New York city. I found this software valuable and easy to use. No regrets to spend money on ProSeries. I had some issues once but when got help from my expert seniors, I was quite sure for accurate tax returns and got the better idea to use this software. I've found ProSeries even better than turbo-tax.

Pros

Easy and user-friendly interface. Its quiet interesting to learn a number of things with this commerce platform.

Cons

Not much, but before any help, I was confused with its functionality. But now, Its Fine to use.