Showing 115 reviews of 105

SkedPal

Automatic time blocking and calendar app

Showing 115 reviews of 105
Félix G.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Life-saver. It do your own schedule! No need for an executive assistant anymore!

Reviewed on 2020/08/09

Overall experience : love it. I recommend this app for anyone managing multiple projects and have a complicated schedule to manage.

It does a very good job. No need for executive assistant anymore...

Pros

It make your own schedule based on urgency and deadline of each tasks.
The timeboxing method make it very clear to know what to do and when doing it.

It basically remove the burden of deciding how to organize the day, it's already done!

It's also very practical to have a fast overview of your time to decide if we can get more on the plate or if we are fully loaded.

Cons

The learning curve may be a little long. You will not be fully efficient with this software before 1-2 months because there is so much parameter you need to get used to.

No quick add widget on mobile app + only the inbox got a dedicated email adress.

Sander D.
  • Industry: Nanotechnology

Best way to organize your to-do's

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

Great! It is the only to-do app that I have used consistently over a long period of time. Due to the calendar integration and intuitive prioritisation. Since it gives both a list based overview on top of scheduling to do's in your calendar, you really feel like you have full control over your to do's. It also really helps me think about whether something is necessary in the first place. I'm always a bit hesitant to embellish too much as it sounds unrealistic, but this software that has changed the way I think about my workday more than any other app, software or even book.

Pros

SkedPal really integrates with your calendar, and due to the ability to constantly reschedule is incredibly dyanmic. I have found it by far the best way to integrate my to do list in my day-to-day, and really saves a lot of thinking, planning and worry.

Cons

There are some small bugs, such as a flickering screen when switching between projects. It also does not feel so logical that you constantly have to press 'connect' and 'update schedule'. It might be nice if Skedpal could integrate even easier with your working hours as my workweek is very dynamic (updating the time maps week to week is a bit of a hassle, though doable)

Kenneth M.

A Great Tool For Any Step Of The Process

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

I've found myself to enjoy both the use of the product and the benefit of an improved schedule.

Pros

I really like how Skedpal streamlines my workflow, allowing me to dump my tasks into a list, and the software will respond with a schedule. It has helped me stay more productive, successful, and timely!

Cons

I find the UI a bit clunky and slow, I dislike that blocks must be 30 minutes. I also dislike that nesting repeated tasks are not allowed. I'm looking forward to SP3 where these are improved.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Once you find the tool, you'll never want to be without again

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

SkedPal makes detailed level task planning feasible, it's that simple. I have not found another tool that can claim this, and really back it up. Everything else I've used over the years has not really solved the problem of actually scheduling for your whole life. It's a game changer. I do a lot of Project Management in my life, and I've even thought about recommending the tool to folks on the teams that I manage. these are the folks who get those 1-2 week tasks assigned to them. OK, the task is assigned, now how do they schedule it into their lives? That is the part that usually doesn't go well.

Pros

Having a tool that ACTUALLY helps you schedule, re-schedule, and better plan your tasks will change your life. I don't know of any other tools that do this for you to the extent that SkedPal does. It is not just a pretty "Task Manager" (like OmniFocus, etc.), it helps you take all of your million-billion tasks in your work and personal life and schedule them (based on task duration, deadlines, different Time Allocations, etc.) around the rest of your "appointments," even telling you what it cannot schedule them, and giving options to "triage" the situation.

Cons

In the Prior version (SkedPal2) there were a lot of minor bugs and some moderate ones, as well, but the concept was well worth it, and I was still a daily user. In SkedPal3, which I am helping to Beta Test now, the concept is really implemented well, and I don't foresee the same "bugginess." SP3 also adds quite a enhancements to the concepts, as well.

Caleb N.
  • Industry: Higher Education

I love it!

Reviewed on 2019/09/23

As mentioned above, SkedPal increases my daily productivity by decreasing the time required to figure out what needs to be done today, what can be completed today, and taking away the worry of everything else.

Pros

This scheduling/task software is a real winner! You put in your tasks, connect it to your calendar, and it shoots out your day, arranged by time and importance. I have hundreds of tasks I need to eventually accomplish, but instead of being overwhelmed, SkedPal ignores the ones that can wait and only shows me the ones I should do today. Amazingly refreshing and satisfying.

Cons

Occasionally SkedPal crashes but very rarely, and their customer service is superb. The smartphone version of SkedPal can be a bit slow, but it is very manageable.

Xing N.

I started using this app since its trial period, and this is my favourite scheduling app!

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Better time management, more actually of convenience. I'm also able to access Google calendar without google play services (which my phone is lacking)

Pros

I love the fact that the app provides native Google calendar support without relying on Google play services, and directly analyzes your calendar events, also automatically updating your new schedule on the calendar. SkedPal is also extremely efficient at drafting new schedules, in fact I spend really little time waiting for the schedule to be generated! I has definitely raised my productivity, and I strongly recommend it to all! Even better than Google tasks or calendar etc!

Cons

It makes me reliant on the app to generate my schedule (it might be better to physically do it on pen and paper) but that isn't actually a down point. Even though I'm on a free subscription (for those who joined really early), I would love for it to be free for everyone!

Tony G.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

The most effective tool I've ever used to maximise the scarcest resource I have - my time!

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

The auto-scheduling, rescheduling and prioritising with integration to my calendar is the most effective way I've ever found of maximising my positive impact with my limited time

Cons

* The user experience looks a little dated - less clean than tools like Todoist for example
* I'd like more dashboards showing how well I'm tracking to my plan so that the product and I can learn how to better allow time for work - machine learning on this maybe?
* The iOS app should be able to capture tasks, at least to the inbox, without the need to be online
* The iOS app should have a force touch feature to capture a new task

Rafa M.

A new class of software

Reviewed on 2019/06/23

Pros

It is a phenomenal marriage of GTD (getting things done) and Time Blocking (Cal Newport). Once you settle your system of adding tasks and (in my use case) integrating with Asana...the app starts intelligently putting work on your calendar. As you complete work or priorities change the app continues to update your schedule and blocks time to do the work. If you are realistic in your time estimates and diligent in capturing all your work...it significantly reduces the time required to answer "what should I do next" and increases productivity massively.

Cons

The integrations. The Asana integration while quite useful, needs a feature upgrade. The Zapier integration does not offer many trigger options or actions.

The complexity of getting things in the right order. It takes a while to get the balance of priorities, schedules, due-dates, etc so that tasks are getting placed in your calendar in a way that you expect them to. It is eventually doable to get into ta rhythm, however the investment is not trivial.

Given the utility of the software, the pain is worth it...however...definite area for improvement.

I rely on Skedpal every day

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

Pros

No software does what Skedpal can do. I've tried them all and Skedpal is the only tool that can tell me what I need to work on to hut my many deadlines.

Cons

I wish it was web based but I understand it requires lots of compute power to schedule everything with all the options Skedpal offers. That is probably why web based competitors seem to offer far fewer customizations and far worse performance.

Melanie W.

An essential tool for managing my busy life

Reviewed on 2018/06/24

I make the best use of my time possible and that's important because I'm a mother of six and an entrepreneur.

Pros

I love that Skedpal lets me know when I am trying to accomplish more than is possible with my time constraints. It also helps me achieve balance.

Cons

I can't think of anything! The team has been responsive to requests for features. I love being able to star Gmail tasks and have them land in my inbox.

Ian B.

A fast developing, fast improving task-planning application that incorporates capacity

Reviewed on 2018/07/07

Pros

The best cross-platform task management app. Unlike most task apps, it also uses multiple criteria to plan and prioritize within the constraints of the users calendar and capacity.
The product's functionality continues to improve up at each update, aided by a very attentive and responsive support team.

Cons

I'd prefer more granularity over how I want to assign the relative priorities when I have a big number of tasks (60-100) though this may just be my lack of understanding.
I have struggled with recurring tasks that have long gaps

Richard S.

User

Reviewed on 2020/02/29

Pros

This product really helps me both quantify what I am going to be doing each day and prioritize to insure that I get what is important done first. Since it is only me, if I do not get to an important task, no one will creating real issues among customers.

Cons

The key improvement would be automatically moving undone tasks to the next day.

Kay R.

I always know what to work on

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

Absolutely love it!

Pros

Time blocking is such an incredibly useful time management feature. I love how I can signify in red yellow or green what types of tasks I would like to do at a given time.

Cons

I wish it had a countdown timer to let me know how much time is left on my given task until the end of the event.

Riccardo I.

The best thing you can do to your productivity

Reviewed on 2020/08/16

It's been the best thing I have ever done to improve my productivity

Pros

I can finally forget about complex planning and have a real assistant by my side who schedules thing for me. I just input my requirements and the rest is either automated or perfectly guided.

Cons

It's a bit tricky to be set up. Once you get the gist of it, though, it's very powerful.

Jose manuel D.

key productivity tool with unique features for the timeboxing way of getting things done

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

Pros

hot list, task planning are killers. Treating tasks and work to do as fluid with which to fill the spaces left by meetings and other tasks, in different containers matching the schedules or time zones. Sync with office365 for meetings and calendar

Cons

no history and past, no task sync with exchange (seems to be difficult, nobody does that), frecuent updates (good) that some antivirus wont allow to run (in windows)

Chad G.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great concept

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

Overall I think this is excellent software, but at this point it wasn’t going to be the best option for my needs. However, I’ve already recommended it to others and I would imagine I will continue to do so.

Pros

The idea of the software is excellent. I love the neural engine that automatically schedules tasks based on priority, time involved, and other factors.

Cons

For a life full with younger children and travel time it was hard to get the scheduling just right. It also, at this point, can’t integrate any subscribed calendars (which would have been very useful if it did).

Stéphane K.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Finally what I was looking for!

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

Pros

In many ways, Skedpal is the first true virtual assistant: a computer software that knows enough about my work hours, when I like to schedule my hardest tasks and sees my meetings, to be able to schedule my tasks each day to keep from having to keep looking at my task list to make sure I didn't forget anything.

A key point that Skedpal gets right is that they understand the true nature of tasks: they're items that require TIME to complete and so should go hand in hand with my agenda instead of keeping them in a separate application.

Cons

The User Experience could definitely be improved. But I'm hopeful that the engineers will take that challenge on if their app gains enough traction.

Hidden gem!

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Overall - it's making my life so much easier. It's exactly what I was looking for in software, and the membership fee is very reasonable for what it does.

Pros

I was simply looking for software that would allow me to use time blocking for my (completely insane) schedule - hard to believe that there isn't much of that out there! Found SkedPal and it's able to handle my crazy schedule/life with ease, and the automated scheduling is an added bonus.

Cons

Honestly the only problem I've had is that it tends to crash/freeze a bit when I run the "update schedule" process, but I'm pretty sure this is a result of everything I'm asking it to do.

Reuben R.
  • Industry: Higher Education

SkedPal Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/21

Pros

SkedPal lets you dynamically schedule your time; this allows you to have the productivity benefits of a fixed daily schedule with the flexibility of a to do list.

Cons

The ability to schedule instantaneous tasks as reminders would be good to have.

This app is vital to my being able to manage my daily tasks and meetings.

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Pros

The fact that tasks are incorporated with Outlook meetings in the calendar and that tasks can be dragged and dropped around as the day changes.

Cons

The task list within each sub-category can become a little bit long and the items are not in date order. (Maybe I can fix that)

Adam B.

SkedPal is a time management system I always wanted

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

It's allowed me to stop messing with my schedule and just have it do it for me.

Pros

What makes SkedPal unique is it's approach to task management. I had been thinking of something similar for a long time but could never find an app that did it. SkedPal does. I like being able to feed it a bunch of information and it just knows when to schedule stuff for me.

Cons

I don't like the app too much. It's a little clunky and the interface leaves some to be desired. I also don't like that I don't have much visibility into why a task was scheduled. It'd be great if that decision were clearers.

Jenny B.
  • Industry: Research

An early leader in auto scheduing tasks to a calendar

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Helps me feel like I have some semblance of order in my day!

Pros

It provides me with a iist of what I need to do next, based on each task's relative priority and will timetable them into my day.

Cons

It is a bit clunky and doesn't yet have many integrations with other common software. But that's sort of nice too - it has a sort of retro and honest feel.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Very intuitive and helpful

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Overall I am very pleased with the software. It was very easy to learn and the integration to my existing Outlook email and calendar was seamless.

Pros

Ability to link to outlook and schedule tasks off of emails
Tagging of tasks for clarity of jobs across multiple clients or projects
Outlook calendar integration
Multiple platform capability (computer, phone, tablet)
Very customizable

Cons

Doesn't work well with multiple screens. Pop-Ups can be off screen and not usable

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Worth the energy and money

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

I have tried lots of other task management systems and I always hated having to reschedule and re-prioritize my work. SkedPal helps greatly with this.

Pros

Allows me to manage a lot of projects, tasks and moving parts easily.

Cons

Mobile version was less helpful to start but recent updates have made it better.

Very useful product

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Pros

Very useful organisational tool, makes it much easier to stay on track of my to-do list.

Cons

Software is a little 'clunky' and difficult to use - not quite as streamlined as I would like it to be