Podia

Write a Review!
Website builder, community platform, and online courses

4.6/5
4.3/5
4.5/5
4.6/5

Yann
Yann
  • Industry: Online Media

A solid platform for packaging and selling your knowledge into courses, memberships & more

Reviewed on 2021/05/05

I have had a good overall experience with Podia as I have used it primarily to sell video courses and access to the content of paid, pre-recorded, virtual summits.

Pros

There are a few features I really like about Podia.

Firstly, there's the overall platform design (dashboard, course pages, etc.) and user interface. At first, it may take you a moment to familiarize yourself with the different things Podia does but each section is quite straightforward, making the onboarding process a smooth one.

Additionally, I like the fact that Podia gives its users unlimited hosting of video content through one of the premium video platforms: Wistia. This means that you can upload all kinds of videos, as well as PDF and other types of learning materials, without having to worry about potentially "running out of storage".

Some course platforms limit themselves to enabling users to create and sell courses, while Podia can be leveraged to offer other things such as memberships, challenges, and digital workshops, just to mention a few.

Cons

While I like the overall Podia concept and design, I feel that the landing and sales page customization power is quite limited. That's something I wouldn't mind seeing it change in the future.

Teachable

LearnDash
Jonathan

Easy to set up and use and the online help is fast, responsive and always helpful

Reviewed on 2022/01/28

Pros

Price was the most important factor initially. This is a reasonably priced product with the options to grow as budget and needs allow.

Cons

I often build landing pages on my own website using drag and drop software. I wish there were more options to build podia pages like this to give it that more unique and on brand look

Response from Podia

Thanks so much for the great review, Jonathan! It makes our day to read these. We appreciate the product feedback as well and always have our ear to the ground on these things. We'd love to chat to you about how you use Podia and more than anything, about your story as a creator. We're always on the lookout to feature creator stories. Shoot us an email at [email protected] to have a chat?

Nic
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great if you want to be a social media platform with a paywall

Reviewed on 2022/10/05

Great at first, until mandatory updates vastly impacted our workflow. We were able to find a platform that suited our needs more directly and came with additional features that podia did not offer at the time.

Pros

It was easy to use and easy to set up. Payments were easy to collect

Cons

Many features were added that changed the workflow of our business and there was no way around it. Customer support understood our issue and said there was no way to reconcile the changes as that was the direction the company decided to go. Which is fine. But it felt like an unnecessary change.

Peter

Great ecourse platform

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

The people at Podia are extremely helpful even for a detailed person such as myself, they respond to questions quickly and provide video on how to tutorials.

Pros

I chose the Podia platform for its ease of use and value. Creating a wealth-building program, I could not see spending double or triple the amount of Podia on another platform when I teach others how to build their wealth by being frugal.

Cons

I'm not good at creating websites or doing the backend programming, so I would like to see Podia have the option of hosting my URL and blog or partner with a company that provides those services. As it stands now I do not have a blog because I do not have the time to learn how to add the blog feature to the company that hosts my site.

Kajabi

Reasons for Switching to Podia

Podia seemed easier to learn and as a frugal entrepreneur starting a side hustle, value is important to me, additionally, they answered all my questions prior to signing up.
Mark

All the best tools for the best price

Reviewed on 2022/04/02

Podia excels at providing easy to use tools to set up my sales pages, products and automated emails.
Their customer service is TOP NOTCH! Friendliest people ever and I model my own customer service after theirs.

Pros

I love how all the tools you need are right inside the platform.
I don’t have to hook up 5 different tools from 5 different platforms to run my business.
One place, all the tools, easy to use.

Cons

I would like analytics to track conversion rates.

Teachable, ClickFunnels and Kajabi

Reasons for Switching to Podia

It included everything I needed without have to buy and integrate more services from other providers.
Ryan

Literally helped us start a new business division

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

We buy and grow small companies. A lot of people began asking how we do that, so we joined Podia and launched a simple sales page. Overnight we made $10,000 and realized the power of sharing our expertise. Because of this, our course on Podia and the new opportunities it's led to are quite literally creating a new business division for our company.

Pros

Fast, live support, rapid improvements from the development team, and marketing help with case studies, interviews, and free webinars.

Cons

Couldn't set up my custom domain instantly, required about a day of waiting and manual team setup. Wish I knew this earlier since I signed up the day before launching. :P

Norman
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Podia Review by WOODSKILLS

Reviewed on 2022/01/28

Very easy to implement my [SENSITIVE CONTENT] web site.

Very easy to implement my [SENSITIVE CONTENT] web site.

Pros

How it is designed with the course developer in mind. I transferred from Shopify. which was more oriented towards physical products.

Cons

I can't think of anything at this time..

Response from Podia

Thanks so much for the great review, Norman! We definitely design Podia with course developers in mind, and you saying that makes our day :D We'd love to chat to you about how you use Podia and more than anything, about your story as a creator. We're always on the lookout to feature creator stories. Shoot us an email at [email protected] to have a chat?

Marie

Podia Lacks Basic Features for Seasoned Creators, Great for Basic-only needs

Reviewed on 2020/08/22

For the most part, I like Podia. Their customer service is incredibly fast and your basic needs are covered. That said, their features are quite limiting. They seem like a solid deal up front, but once you really get in there, it's been my experience (twice now) that features fall short and you'll be recommended to use a third party that will cost you more money.

Pros

The fact that Podia hosts your videos and content for you is a huge win and savings. When I used Wishlist Member, I was stuck with Vimeo Pro and it's a lot of back and forth between softwares. Podia is all-in-one in that regard.

Cons

Say you offer a Coaching Call / Mentorship package for a 30 minute call, 1 hour, or a 3 month bundle of calls. Instead of creating one product, one sales page with 3 simple pay options... you have to create 3 full separate products and then create a separate, custom page as your sales page using columns. You can't have a simple dropdown menu to select the simple option.

Want to create a membership with a startup fee? i.e. $75 join fee, then $29/mo. You can't.

Want to add a countdown timer to your sales page? Great! Go spend another $49/month with Deadline funnel (that's legit their solution or make a video gif of a timer). No custom embed codes can be added to your sales pages.

Have multiple email lists like I do? You can only integrate with one, so be sure to get Zapier at another $20/mo so your people can get on the right list.

Want to put something on sale and have see the higher price crossed out so your customer sees the price difference? You can't cross out pricing and you can't put things on sale - you must create a coupon code.

✅ Joe
✅ Joe

Exactly what we were looking for

Reviewed on 2023/08/01

Pros

Everything talks to eachother. For our sleep consulting business, it's very educational, coaching, and B2C focused. This means that we have an email list, sales, general CRM, website, promo codes, that all need to talk to each other. Before we were duct taping Stripe, zapier, Monday, calendly, and it was a mess

Cons

I would just like a few more features built out for the community section so it compares to palyers like Circle and Tribe (customization, different layouts, etc.)Also, a little more customization around segments and reporting. Like if I want to know "Give me all the people that have signed up for the free lead magnet and also purchased Product X within 7 days" so we can be more targetted

Amelia
Amelia

Podia Course Platform

Reviewed on 2022/04/01

I am able to achieve my goal of creating my own courses and I'm discovering new features to offer such as coupon codes, integrated coaching and quizzes.

Pros

Easy to use, great customer support, chat feature, integrated quizzes, coaching and other features like coupons and integrated email (for example, I used MailChimp and I can utilize a MailChimp tag to add customers to my email list).

Cons

Quizzes are not previewable for potential customers, so I would like this to be available, and Ithere is no marketing assistance, so course promotions would be a bonus.

Patrício
Patrício

My quickest launch experience ever for digital products

Reviewed on 2021/05/18

Very smooth

Very smooth

Pros

It's simple to build a course. Podia has a lot of resources to help you build, sell and market your product. It is simplicity in all actions, and it is quickly accessible to people who are not very tech.

Cons

No custom embed codes can be added... but let's face it... I can do without it for the first stages of sales.
The trial offer could be more time... more than two weeks... We have to be prepared to build quickly to understand all the possibilities…

Teachable and Thinkific

Sell, Analytics, Marketing everything under one roof... :D
Holly
  • Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Podia is Plush

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

Excellent, I would highly recommend them any day.

Excellent, I would highly recommend them any day.

Pros

Omg, it's super user friendly and affordable. I cannot have made a better choice when I left other platforms for Podia. Customer service is just superb and great listeners. So many tools to help you navigate and build your page and products. Simply plush

Cons

The trial offer could be more than two weeks in order to really build, try and test your product out.

Maia
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

I'm so happy I found Podia!

Reviewed on 2022/04/04

With Podia I have been able to take back control of my books so that I can make the most revenue with them instead of receiving tiny royalties. I feel newly inspired to write more books and have written one and will publish two more and an online course this month. Next, I plan to have my first online summit! Podia makes it possible with clever software and tons of helpful resources to quickly master new creations. And, the Podia team is a great resource and a delight to work with. I enjoy being at my Podia site every day fulfilling my creative desires and offering my gifts to the world. It is so much fun!

Pros

I love the ease of creating courses, ebooks, online events, memberships, and my website with Podia software. I'm creating more fun products and courses on a daily basis! Podia makes it so easy to get started, create products, and make them available. Sometimes I can make products within minutes and have them available instantly with the simple straightforward platform. I like the way Podia looks and feels. Also, Podia's customer service is exceptional.

Cons

I honestly don't have anything negative to say about Podia.

Maude
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

I am the biggest fan

Reviewed on 2023/12/15

Pros

I love Podia! I am grateful to have found this platform. It's user-friendly, allows me to consolidate multiple services in one place (and for one payment), Podia's team is incredible, and customer service is always exceptional.

Cons

After more than two years of use, absolutely nothing has been lacking for me on the platform. I consider it perfect in every way.

Sophia

Great product!

Reviewed on 2022/01/28

I have had nothing but a great experience throughout my time with Podia.

I have had nothing but a great experience throughout my time with Podia.

Pros

I love that Podia is always making their product better by adding more features and making the ease of use for us better. They offer many ways to organize and sell my digital products.

Cons

I love Podia overall, so not much to say on what I like least but if anything it's sometimes hard to figure out the homepage and how it works. But after support, it's easy.

Response from Podia

Sophia thank you for reviewing us! It makes us really happy to hear we make it easy to get the job done. And that we've got the tools you need We'd love to chat to you about how you use Podia and more than anything, about your story as a creator. We're always on the lookout to feature creator stories. Shoot us an email at [email protected] to have a chat?

Gerard

Beautiful and easy to use! Awesome software!

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

I am using Podia as a virtual classroom for my students and I love it! And my students love it even more! It is easy to use and a lot more atractive that the usual virtual classrooms that we use in Spain: Moodle, Leandash... Make the study enjoyable it's the best you can do for your students.

Pros

- Design, better design of all the LMS I have tested.
- Very easy to use.
- All in one solution. It includes all you need to make a online course and to SELL your course: monetization, marketing, affiliate program...
- They are adding new features in a non stop way!
- Enjoyable user experience for my customers. Awesome interface in the student side, beatuiful and clear.
Desing.
- They have an exceptional chat customer service. If you have any problem, you can just ask them and they answer really fast. If you use their product you will feel that they work for you.
- Price. Fair price and they do not claim a percent of your sells.
- And the best Pro: I love use it!! I enjoy working and creating my courses. I feel I'm creating something my students will love.

Cons

- At the begining I thougth the missing of some functions were a Con. For example: messages between teacher and students, but actually students prefer use habitual communications tools like email, social networks, WhatsApp... So I don't see this as a misspoint now.
- Nothing else! It has everything you need to sell courses or to set up a virtual classroom. And they are adding new functionality all time!

Podia Makes Course Creation A Breeze

Reviewed on 2021/11/29

I chose Podia to simplify my life, ditch the overwhelm and just get down to creating a simple course that my audience would love to engage with. Podia ticks all the boxes.

Pros

Ease of use both for administrator and course/community members.

Cons

At first, I wanted more flexibility in the builder but once I got into it, I just knew that anything more would not add to the experience. It's such an easy platform to use.

Ashley

I definitely recommend Podia!

Reviewed on 2022/04/04

I absolutely love Podia.

I absolutely love Podia.

Pros

I most like how user friendly & simple Podia is!

Cons

I least like how often they are changing things. But that’s really not a down fall on Podia. It’s a down fall on me to not keep up. I wish I could just pay one of their professionals to change up my stuff once in a while rather then me worrying about trying to learn what’s changed.

Megan
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used for 2+ years

Billed again and again / refused to refund

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Pros

Podia looked like a good potential solution for my business as a platform for the teaching and content work I’ve been doing with small businesses and social impact organizations in learning more quickly and to become more innovative as a matter of everyday practice.

Cons

After paying Podia for 2 years after a one-time sign-up, I got autobilled the $390 for a year when I have not used the software AT ALL for at least a year. It is customary with courteous customer service, *ESPECIALLY* for small business, to do a courtesy refund when the product has not been used.

A $390 small mistake for your small business could cost you everything if you do business with Podia. NOT WORTH THE RISK.

Luke
  • Industry: Sports

Great tool for Digital courses

Reviewed on 2023/08/11

It's been great. It's helped us drive a ton of revenue with our digital courses. Been a great tool and easy to use.

Pros

Easy to use, good enough UI and enough features for the price to be really really valuable for our business.

Cons

Some limitations with certain features. An integration with Hubspot would be super helpful as well.

Amanda

Loving Podia

Reviewed on 2019/03/18

I am creating online courses for meditation. So far, I have LOVED the fact that I can offer digital downloads as well as courses, free products and everything is very mobile friendly - which is extremely important for the work that I do, as most people will be listening to meditations on their phones!

Pros

Probably the thing that I appreciate most from Podia is their customer support. I trial tested a few different platforms, and even though Podia doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the others, their unbelievably fast and friendly customer service was way ahead of the pack! It's really important to me that my students are able to get the help they need with the software or any issues that I can't handle on my end.
Podia is also just incredibly easy to use, you can get a course up and running in a matter of hours. I've really enjoyed creating on their platform.

Cons

So far, the only thing I dislike is the inability to categorize products. Having everything on your storefront in a big, long list isn't the most user-friendly way to show things.

Response from Podia

Hi Amanda! I know it's been awhile since you left this review, but I wanted to let you — and anyone reading this review! — know that we heard your feedback and added categories for products, so you can now categorize and display products however works best for your business!

All the best,
Mandi from Podia

Sheila

Perfect for Infopreneurs

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

Since the late 90s, I've demoed or worked with at least 15 or 20 solutions for digital download and course delivery ... from Wordpress plugins to dedicated platforms. Podia is the only one that makes me smile!

Pros

This platform is definitely not the traditional LMS (Learning Management System) which targets the corporate and academic worlds. Instead, Podia has designed their platform for entrepreneurs and their customers. The interface is beautiful, and the attention to detail is exceptional. They've really thought through the course-delivery experience, and have come up with something special. As well, their customer support is stellar.

Cons

Initially, I found some of the settings confusing and counter-intuitive. And it was hard to find the Help docs. However, Podia is in the midst of redesigning their UI, so I look forward to seeing how they develop.

Virpi

Finnish learning

Reviewed on 2023/12/16

I am really more than satisfied with Podia. Even when I am searching new features, I can find those very easily and there are great "help pages". For my products and e-Mail marketing it is very important to have it very smoothly, because I don't like to spend my time by try to find out, how to use the plattform. I can concentrate myself in my job and Podia is my expert for the marketing of products.

Pros

Podia is very easy to use and like the design featuers. I also love to have my e-Mails on one page.

Cons

I launched a new product and for the users is absolutely easy to use. The payment options are also very variable.

Tamara

Easy to Use!

Reviewed on 2024/02/15

Pros

I enjoy how simple Podia is to upload and create different types of products!

Cons

There’s nothing that I don’t like about Podia.

Andrew
Andrew

Perfect for Digital Creators

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Pros

Podia is a one-stop shop for digital creators. I don't have to worry about setting up different tools to work together...I can manage everything I need from one place. It's great to have the video hosting, email campaigns, memberships, and digital storefront built in and accessible from one place.

Cons

Sometimes the user interface can be a bit tough to navigate, specifically in the area of Podia where you are customizing the design of your storefront.

Teachable, WordPress and Bubble