Showing 48 reviews of 47

Podia

Learning management system for personalized content

Showing 48 reviews of 47
Gigi D.

I LOVE Podia!

Reviewed on 2020/07/23

My experience has always been amazing!

Pros

I can say so many good things about Podia. It has helped me build my business with so much ease. I love how simple it is to build a course. This business is ever-growing with new updates coming out almost weekly it feels like! I am always so excited to see what's new! The customer service is absolutely amazing! I love this company!

Cons

There really isn't anything I don't like about Podia!

Eran B.

Best course hosting platform out there

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

Superb experience with the support, the on-boarding, and the software itself. Highly recommended.

Pros

Everything.
The price, super affordable and simple. No complications like others.
No transaction fees on matter what plan you are in.
Super intuitive to use, requires almost no tutorial. Although they have excellent documentation for any possible question.
Support is super helpful and responsive. 10 out of 10 in helpfulness.
It is so easy to use it makes you want to create courses and make good use of it.
I made my monies worth on the investment within the first week.

Cons

The only con is that the software is not feature rich. This is NOT a con for me. To me it is a plus. They made it so dead-simple that literally anyone can use it. I feel that is the right use-case for most people and I am glad Podia chose to accomodate extreme simplification.
Well known competitors (which I won't name), have a ton of features but makes it a lot more complicated, not as intuitive and a bit more difficult to use it. Podia is almost "too simple", but that's a good thing.
I anticipate using Podia for years to come.
I wrote extensive blog on my website about how I use it, how you can use it, and also a full walkthrough video on my youtube channel to show all the insides.

Sheila M.

Perfect for Infopreneurs

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

Since the late 90s, I've demoed or worked with at least 15 or 20 solutions for digital download and course delivery ... from Wordpress plugins to dedicated platforms. Podia is the only one that makes me smile!

Pros

This platform is definitely not the traditional LMS (Learning Management System) which targets the corporate and academic worlds. Instead, Podia has designed their platform for entrepreneurs and their customers. The interface is beautiful, and the attention to detail is exceptional. They've really thought through the course-delivery experience, and have come up with something special. As well, their customer support is stellar.

Cons

Initially, I found some of the settings confusing and counter-intuitive. And it was hard to find the Help docs. However, Podia is in the midst of redesigning their UI, so I look forward to seeing how they develop.

Daniel J.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great All-in-one Solution

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

Great experience. I have used other similar online products but over time, I was not impressed with their user/creator interface and they took a percentage of my profits on top of monthly/yearly fees.

Pros

All-in-one platform for those interested in providing multiple products under one user interface; Podia doesn't not take a percentage of your profit but rather a monthly/yearly fee; customer service is quick to respond and very helpful; new users now are getting in early and have the ability to assist in shaping and improving the product; and Podia is better solution than other similar platforms I have used and since abandoned.

Cons

More features are being added over time and membership are currently payable via PayPal (though Podia is working diligently to fix this).

Andrea T.

Competitive Teaching Platform

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

Pros

I have used it as a user and it is easy and straightforward to use.

Cons

Nothing to complain about. No glitches that I have encountered.

Yolanda H.

Love it

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Pros

Love the affiliate​ marketing feature. Easier to use than teachable

Cons

Podia accepts card payments with stripe only, there is no stripe in my country. So I had to opt for teachable

Frankie Ƀ.

The best tool on the market

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

It has been a dream product to use

Pros

By far the sleekest design UX experience I have had with any e-learning platform, and I have used others in the past.

The team were able to migrate me from Failjabi in less that 24 hours and the support is so personal and caring.

It's also great value for money and I could not ask for better updated as the arrive month by month, I have just committed to another 12 months with Podia by paying upfront and I would never have dreamed of doing this with any other service

Thank you Podia for such a great product I look forward to what 2020 brings, please accept crytpo payments in the future ;)

Cons

No crypto checkout, I know this might be difficult to implement but would be a great feature.

Gerard P.

Beautiful and easy to use! Awesome software!

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

I am using Podia as a virtual classroom for my students and I love it! And my students love it even more! It is easy to use and a lot more atractive that the usual virtual classrooms that we use in Spain: Moodle, Leandash... Make the study enjoyable it's the best you can do for your students.

Pros

- Design, better design of all the LMS I have tested.
- Very easy to use.
- All in one solution. It includes all you need to make a online course and to SELL your course: monetization, marketing, affiliate program...
- They are adding new features in a non stop way!
- Enjoyable user experience for my customers. Awesome interface in the student side, beatuiful and clear.
Desing.
- They have an exceptional chat customer service. If you have any problem, you can just ask them and they answer really fast. If you use their product you will feel that they work for you.
- Price. Fair price and they do not claim a percent of your sells.
- And the best Pro: I love use it!! I enjoy working and creating my courses. I feel I'm creating something my students will love.

Cons

- At the begining I thougth the missing of some functions were a Con. For example: messages between teacher and students, but actually students prefer use habitual communications tools like email, social networks, WhatsApp... So I don't see this as a misspoint now.
- Nothing else! It has everything you need to sell courses or to set up a virtual classroom. And they are adding new functionality all time!

Alice F.

The best customer service ever

Reviewed on 2019/07/04

Pros

I love how quickly I get response from the team and I'm never made to feel as though my question is silly - I am a complete new starter with anything technical so this is all brand new to me and it's essential I feel supported as I'm doing everything else on my own!

Cons

I would love for my customers to be able to access their content without having to use a password as they sign up to get it, and then have to sign in again to get my downloads (but I do understand why this is probably necessary)

Anna A.

I love Podia!

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

Podia allows my business to manage online learning courses and membership models easily and without a lot of integration hassle. Unexpectedly using Podia has improved our automation flows.

Pros

It's easy to use and to customize. Although Podia looks simple and is simple to use, it is packed full of functionality and has an unbeatable price especially for the space.

Cons

Some of the backend access needs are organized in a way that makes it a bit hard to figure where to look in the beginning but once you know where things generally are, it's easy to manage.

Matt M.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

I love Podia

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

Podia took away all the stress of my self-hosted Wordpress membership site. Trying to build a custom site on a low budget turned out to be a disaster for me. I have no problem administering my own website but the tech stack for a membership and course site caused me no end of headaches. I was spending all my spare time on tech and not serving my members. I persevered for six months, and I finally gave up when I found Podia.

Pros

Support, support and support. They rock. The platform is pretty awesome as well. The team made it easy to for me to migrate over. I'm in Podia every day building out new courses or tweaking the existing.

Cons

Obviously a platform like Podia will not have all the bells and whistles of a custom membership or course platform built in Wordpress (like what I previously used). But thats a small price to pay for the weight off my mind of having the tech actually work like its supposed to work.

Amanda O.

Loving Podia

Reviewed on 2019/03/18

I am creating online courses for meditation. So far, I have LOVED the fact that I can offer digital downloads as well as courses, free products and everything is very mobile friendly - which is extremely important for the work that I do, as most people will be listening to meditations on their phones!

Pros

Probably the thing that I appreciate most from Podia is their customer support. I trial tested a few different platforms, and even though Podia doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the others, their unbelievably fast and friendly customer service was way ahead of the pack! It's really important to me that my students are able to get the help they need with the software or any issues that I can't handle on my end.
Podia is also just incredibly easy to use, you can get a course up and running in a matter of hours. I've really enjoyed creating on their platform.

Cons

So far, the only thing I dislike is the inability to categorize products. Having everything on your storefront in a big, long list isn't the most user-friendly way to show things.

Kevin K.

Podia is the One-Stop Site for Creators!

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

Pros

Where do I start? Podia is unlike any other site out there that's made for creators so creators can easily build a community and make money. Email marketing, online courses, digital downloads, even a blog, and website - you can do ALL of that easily on Podia. You keep what you make. AND the price is very affordable too. Great customer support with tons of tutorials.

Cons

It can be a little overwhelming at first but their support is amazing!

Shiree A.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Podia is a great platform to build online courses & offer digital products

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Pros

Ease of use, always updating to make better, listens to users, great customer support, you can create courses & digital downloads

Cons

Nothing right now everything I thought was a bit difficult at first I see that they are updating to make it more user friendly so it serves the purpose.

Louise E.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

I'm in love with Podia! Everything I ever wanted - almost!

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

Wonderful

Easy to use, easy integrations and I can dump some other things I never loved.

Pros

Ease of use and the subdomain. Plus it does products , classes and membership - all I ever wanted in one place.

Cons

No APP yet and no subscriptions with Paypal yet. But I know they are working on that

Amazing Tool

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

I am using Podia for my digital products and memberships.

Pros

It replaces 5-10 other tools
Easy to set up
Easy to work with
Great value
Allows for affiliate managment

Cons

I wish there were more native integrations, not just Zapier. It would make things a little bit easier.

Kevin K.

Podia for the Win!

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

I test-drove at least two other "big name" online course/funnel/membership sites but none can compare to how easy it is to set-up and use Podia. PLUS, no hard-sell tactics, just real people who you can talk to and get help from. Plus, the price is good and competitive with other sites that do less.

Pros

It's easy to use and set-up. No coding. Drag and drop makes it easy to get your store/site looking right. Plus, you get lots of examples and help to set everything up too!

Cons

I do wish there was a way to completely host my blog site on it too. That would be amazing to add to all the other features.

• Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great for video lessons!

Reviewed on 2019/04/13

I enjoyed participating in video-based course on this platform!

Pros

The beautiful and modern layout is what attracted me to Podia!

Cons

The text editor is pretty basic and the pricing is quite steep.

Holly S.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Podia is Plush

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

Excellent, I would highly recommend them any day.

Pros

Omg, it's super user friendly and affordable. I cannot have made a better choice when I left other platforms for Podia. Customer service is just superb and great listeners. So many tools to help you navigate and build your page and products. Simply plush

Cons

The trial offer could be more than two weeks in order to really build, try and test your product out.

Ryan K.

Literally helped us start a new business division

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

We buy and grow small companies. A lot of people began asking how we do that, so we joined Podia and launched a simple sales page. Overnight we made $10,000 and realized the power of sharing our expertise. Because of this, our course on Podia and the new opportunities it's led to are quite literally creating a new business division for our company.

Pros

Fast, live support, rapid improvements from the development team, and marketing help with case studies, interviews, and free webinars.

Cons

Couldn't set up my custom domain instantly, required about a day of waiting and manual team setup. Wish I knew this earlier since I signed up the day before launching. :P

The perfect program for setting up an online store

Reviewed on 2020/04/14

I wanted to build an online platform for selling a digital product - a language course. Podia helped me realize the vision I had and I believe it cured me of a certain paranoia that I had, about website building being impossible, frustrating and soul-crushing. Instead, I had a real blast putting the website together, it was fun, intuitive and easy.

Pros

I highly recommend Podia as an option for an online store due to the price of their product and the ease of use. Podia is really perfect for setting up a personalized online platform that gives you the option of providing digital downloads and online courses to customers. The platform also allows for a website and has the basic email marketing features that are essential for someone like myself looking to keep everything as simple as possible. The customer service goes above and beyond to help you out. And the design is the cherry on top - Podia has a design that is both warm, friendly but also slightly off-the-wall and quirky.

Cons

The problems that I came across all had to do with integrating certain existing technical things - and the Podia staff was helpful in that regard.

Nicole K.
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

FINALLY a platform that gets it right!

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

The setup was super easy, the team helped me tremendously by taking over feeding my email list into the system and they were super quick with all their replies to my questions.
I watched one of their weekly ask-all live webinars before signing up and really EVERY question was answered. In addition to their fab features and superstar support, that's what got me hooked.
After setting up the dashboard, building the storefront for our freebies and the subscriber signup was childsplay.
Everything looks super pretty, in our brand colors, and, NO KIDDING; our email list that we had built over 14 months with MailChimp DOUBLED in just 10 weeks.

On Podia, we host 2 separate freebies, the complete recordings of our weekly webcasts, and an online course. Everything interacts perfectly.

100% recommended!

Pros

So simple to set up. So accommodating of their clients' needs: Think subscribers that are segmented from the get-go, newsletters and email drip campaigns that are as easy to write, beautify and send as an email, a pretty and sleek storefront, fully implemented with your website.
Also think ZERO cut from your earnings, NO restriction on your content. You pay the monthly fee and that's it!
One more thing: Podia takes care of invoicing, VAT - depending on where you are and where your buyers are ... a constant hassle to get that right and Podia just takes that load of your shoulders!

Cons

The only thing that bugged me was that I couldn't personalize the emails, like address them to a person by name - - and Podia has that on their agenda.

When you find a platform where that's the ONLY thing that bugs you? Feels like I finally found my online home.

Peter A.

I don't give five stars easily

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

Podia hosts my online course and allows me to give my customers a great experience when they take my course. That's the most important thing. And they make me feel good and feel supported. What else could you ask for?

Pros

Podia lets you host online courses, but it gives all power to YOU, the user. You own your data, your content, and your customers. Podia is made by people who care about online creators (like me) and who want creators to succeed. They're not just out to make as much money off of you as they can.

The Podia support is particularly amazing. I've gotten personal help from the CMO, among others. Can't speak highly enough of these folks.

Did I mention that they pay you out daily (via Stripe)? You don't have to wait a month to get paid, like with some other platforms.

Cons

Some points for improvements for Podia would be that I'd like to see some built-in analytics for my course sales page. Also, they support a variety of coupons, but I'd love to see them add a coupon that is both user-specific and time-specific. As in, one of my users can use it in the next 24 hours.

This is advanced stuff. Otherwise I'm super happy with Podia!

Amrit S.

Very good online course platform

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Very happy, the best online course platform.

Pros

Very easy to use, great customer support, beautiful product pages and store fronts, easy to navigate for customers

Cons

Would prefer if they had built in wistia video hosting

Megan G.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Billed again and again / refused to refund

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Pros

Podia looked like a good potential solution for my business as a platform for the teaching and content work I’ve been doing with small businesses and social impact organizations in learning more quickly and to become more innovative as a matter of everyday practice.

Cons

After paying Podia for 2 years after a one-time sign-up, I got autobilled the $390 for a year when I have not used the software AT ALL for at least a year. It is customary with courteous customer service, *ESPECIALLY* for small business, to do a courtesy refund when the product has not been used.

A $390 small mistake for your small business could cost you everything if you do business with Podia. NOT WORTH THE RISK.