SINC

Cloud-based workforce management tool with native mobile app

Vaughan S.

The Perfect Time Clock App

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

We had been through a great number of time clock apps. Sinc provides the all the features we are looking for. We realized the benefits of each individual employee clocking in at their individual jobs from their phone.

Pros

Individual users, personalized clock in from phone, administrators to help modify mistakes in clock in, note taking ability, pictures, jobsite clock ins, hourly wage calculation

Cons

Notes can be difficult to take, character limit on notes is too small, only adding one picture at a time is tedious, can be difficult to export notes

Grayson D.

SINC is great for a crew on the go

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

I have 7 employees possibly going in seven different directions each day. SINC allows me to know when they are on the clock and where. They are paid bi-weekly. Wonderful to have a way to track their hours without them having to come in to punch a clock or trusting them to rely on their memory.

Pros

I like that my guys can actually clock in and get started on their day without having to come in to the office.

Cons

For some employees there was a learning curve...or a habit forming curve.

Elizabeth E.
  • Industry: Publishing

Awsome

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

I work for a small company and payroll and tracking was originally being completed through excel, this has proven to be difficult in the past. But giving each person the capability to clock in and out with notes on their application has been a blessing. The customer service is always right there on the Chat, no waiting. Love them.

Pros

I like the fact that it is really easy to use on both desktop version and application on my phone.

Cons

Currently there is not anything that I wouldn't change.

Amber R.

User friendly

Reviewed on 2020/03/12

Great!

Pros

This app is user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

If an employee is terminated and then is hires back at a later time there isn't the option to resend them an invite to join.

David O.

Time Clock

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

Pros

The ease for the employees to clock in and out. Able to leave notes and pictures of the jobs their on.

Cons

Double entries for expense from the downloading of my bank account.

Rosie A.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Great app for small business

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Pros

This is an excellent app, perfect for my small business! Makes it so much easier that my employees can clock in and out themselves and keep a track of their own working days as well as giving me alerts so I know when they're finished for the day etc. Highly recommend.

Cons

It's perfect for my business and so easy to use!

Tyler M.

M and M Remodeling and Maintenance

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Pros

Time tracking
Great product for a general contractor

Cons

I have found nothing bad and have been amazed by there customer service

Nikolas E.

Sinc

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Pros

Easy to use,
Affordable. Gives employees ability to edit own hours

Cons

Free option doesn't have a clock out for lunch

Maria R.

Efficiency workface

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

We are solving the hourly time for our employees and it simplified our job for payroll matters

Pros

The efficiency and good control of our personal time work. I can check it every day.

Cons

At the moment all is consistent and accrual. I do not have any cons.

Cody J.

Super easy

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Pros

Sinc is very easy to use. They seem to be growing and adding new features all the time. I use it to manage time for hourly employees and we all love it.

Cons

No complaints. This software is great and very useful.

Deana R.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 2020/02/27

Customer support has been top notch. This is a great alternative to punching a time card.

Pros

Sinc is easy to learn and easy to use for both the employee and employer.

Cons

So far, we have not found anything that we don't like about it.

Helena H.

Great and easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/02/24

easy to use and to keep track of employees shift patterns and helps with payroll for keeping accurate records

Pros

easy to set up and use for employees on their phones

Cons

no cons stand out in my mind from using the application

Matthew D.

Great App Great Company

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

Pros

Easy to use. Employees like its simplicity to use and edit items.

Cons

None at this time. I have been very pleased.

Sara L.

JUST what we needed!

Reviewed on 2020/08/01

Pros

This app is easy to use and makes tracking hours for employees easy from wherever they are! Covid has created a need for at-home work, which created a need for me to have available and accessible clock-in methods from wherever my employees are.

Cons

I have not noticed any missing features for what we need, which is pretty basic.

Val S.

Really glad I found this app!

Reviewed on 2017/12/16

Pros

It saves me an hour every week that I used to spend adding up everyone's individual time sheets. It also seems I have also reduced my payroll bill slightly but have not been using it long enough to really know for sure.

Cons

I would like office staff to be able to clock in from their desk tops. Also, fortnightly pay periods would be helpful

Andrew C.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Easy to use and saved me hours a day

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

Pros

Let's employees keep track of hours and monitor their paychecks.

Cons

Set up time takes a few minutes, not bad. Also, clock in notifications would be nice. Maybe I just missed that feature.

Sabrina F.

GREAT APP!

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

time management! Payroll vs. job costing.

Pros

We love this software for our guys. they are able to clock in and out easily. If they made a mistake, it is very easy for an administrator to fix a missed clock in.

Cons

Sometimes the app goes offline and I can't see who is clocked in.

Response from SINC

Hi Sabrina, great to hear that we are making a difference with your company job costing. The issue with SINC going offline will be due to connectity. If it ever happens again, please switch between mobile data and wifi and if that does not solve it please go to our website and start a live chat alerting us to the issue and we will look into it right away.

Tiffany G.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Necessities of Small Businesses

Reviewed on 2020/08/02

From having payment malfunctions, to having to cancel my own subscription because of the pandemic I must stay over all the customer service and prompt support is what ultimately makes this app that much more of a gem. Everybody could learn a few things from their customer service experts!

Pros

Not only do you get a free trial, once signed up and using this software and app, which you don't pay much for you get insight to all of your employees. You can see precisely where your employees are when they clock in and out, which was very important to me due to having accountable and trustworthy workers on my team.

Cons

Navigating the app is a bit small. Once I realized there was a desktop platform I had such relief.

Michael D.

Sinc Time Clock App

Reviewed on 2020/03/02

Using the time clock has helped to really keep accurate track of hours worked, keeping our employees more accountable. It has been helpful in many ways

Pros

Keeping track of employee time on the jobs. They are able to make notes about the job or location.
I like having all the hours calculated by pay period which makes payroll easier. I was manually calculating overtime so I look forward to the new feature that calculates that.
Edit requests make fixing errors easy.

Cons

When an employee gets a new phone, we have had trouble getting them back into the app under our company. I have had to deactivate the employee then create a new employee with a slightly different name. I wish there was a desktop version for admin to work from.

Response from SINC

Hi Michael, thanks for taking the time to review SINC. All three of the features you mentioned are already live.
Overtime calculations just need to be set up by following these guides http://help.sinc.business/en/collections/2168575-overtime
Whenever an employee gets a new phone, the important thing to remember is they already have an authenticated account linked to your org so it is just a matter of them downloading the SINC Workforce app again from either the App Store or Play Store and then using their registered login method to sign back in. As an admin or owner, you can easily locate their login methods by following this guide http://help.sinc.business/en/articles/3689669-how-to-locate-staff-login-methods
The web version of SINC is available for you to manage your org from your desktop or laptop by visiting https://users.sinc.business.

Terry W.

This is a time saver!!!

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

Pros

We initially chose to use this app as a tool for our workers to keep track of time and notes for jobs performed. The added perk of GPS tracking was a major bonus. The app developers are continuously making changes for the better based off customer feedback and requests. My favorite feature is the customer service for technical assistance. Anytime we’ve had a question about a feature or needed some help, we get a response very quickly and the problem solved!! BEST customer service and we will remain a customer for a long time!

Cons

There isn’t one thing I can think of I dislike. Any quirks there may have had when I first signed up have already been resolved over the past year or so.

Kyle N.

Well worth the dollar

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

Detailed reports in an excel spreadsheet are good. Makes running payroll an ease. We can also spot discrepancies real quick.

Pros

Ease of Use once system is learned. Easily can be taught to any of our employees. Employees also can track their own hours instead of asking their supervisors.

Cons

Sometimes doesn`t sync right, but mostly that is our phone network when in the field.

Response from SINC

Hi Kyle, thanks for writing this review. Our offline-first technology allows workers to continue to log critical data in areas with patchy or unavailable phone service. This data will not show on the admin's end until a stable internet connection can be established so just make sure all your team's data has all synced before running payroll.

Charles S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Sinc

Reviewed on 2020/02/23

Our workers are mobile and the ability to manage time from anywhere allows us to get to jobs faster.

Pros

Affordable and easy to use for employee and employer. Takes only a few minutes to set up your employees. After setup managing time is effortless with just a few taps on your phone.

Cons

Need more customizable reports allowing full control of how you share info with other programs like accounting software.

Response from SINC

Hi Charles, great to hear you are getting value from our software. We started making those reports more customizable earlier this year with custom date ranges and are building integrations with cloud accounting platforms. Our integration with Xero is live and we are currently working on connecting to MYOB.

Troy M.

Time Card App

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

The company is great to work with and they seem very dedicated to improving it.

Pros

The employees have an easy time with it. The weekly reports are vey useful and downloading them to my email works great.

Cons

It's inability track where the hours were worked is a problem, though I understand it has been upgraded to have that ability. I have yet to set that up.

Response from SINC

Hi Troy, tracking hours worked to jobs and cost codes is what makes SINC such a powerful tool for construction companies. I would recommend checking out the jobs guides on our support site and reaching out to us on live chat if you need specific questions answered http://help.sinc.business/en/collections/2080639-jobs

Gregory A.

Simplified hours and pay

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

They staff at Sinc have been exceptional. Any and all issues I have had were addressed and corrected with lightening speed.

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up and the ease of being able to isolate each employees time/pay

Cons

I would like to be able to compare multiple employees hours for the day/week. Also the employees can not access their total hours for the pay period. Lastly I have experienced difficulty with GPS location concerning check out and check in.

Mike O.
  • Industry: Automotive

A great tool

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

Pros

The ability to track where employees punch in and out, especially on the road.

Cons

Sometimes it can lag but that may be my phone as well.