SINC Workforce

Cloud-based workforce management tool with native mobile app

4,7
4,9
Shane V.

Love this app

Reviewed on 2020/03/07

Helps with day to day time tracking

Pros

Great app love the weekly reports and very user friendly for my older not so tech savvy team members. The GPS function helps me make sure they clock in on project and not at home. Clock in and out notification help us in the office

Cons

Would not change a thing app works great

Sabrina F.

GREAT APP!

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

time management! Payroll vs. job costing.

Pros

We love this software for our guys. they are able to clock in and out easily. If they made a mistake, it is very easy for an administrator to fix a missed clock in.

Cons

Sometimes the app goes offline and I can't see who is clocked in.

Response from SINC

Hi Sabrina, great to hear that we are making a difference with your company job costing. The issue with SINC going offline will be due to connectity. If it ever happens again, please switch between mobile data and wifi and if that does not solve it please go to our website and start a live chat alerting us to the issue and we will look into it right away.

Rocio C.
Industry: Restaurants

Lately not to happy with the service.

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

Pros

I liked that the number of hours is easy to gather and to fix any employee's hours when they didn't clock in or clock out.

Cons

What I like least is that lately the software has not been acting right, and it glitches it won't let me show who has punched in or not the next day it will tell me the notes of the employees instead of doing t on the same day. I hate that there should be a button to send more than 1 invite to join the time clock. At times I have to wait till the afternoon to see who clocked in that day.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Tiffany G.
Industry: Consumer Services

Necessities of Small Businesses

Reviewed on 2020/08/02

From having payment malfunctions, to having to cancel my own subscription because of the pandemic I must stay over all the customer service and prompt support is what ultimately makes this app that much more of a gem. Everybody could learn a few things from their customer service experts!

Pros

Not only do you get a free trial, once signed up and using this software and app, which you don't pay much for you get insight to all of your employees. You can see precisely where your employees are when they clock in and out, which was very important to me due to having accountable and trustworthy workers on my team.

Cons

Navigating the app is a bit small. Once I realized there was a desktop platform I had such relief.

Rowdy B.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Exactly What I Needed

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Pros

This software works so well and provides reports for payroll that meet all my company's needs. I've tried many others and this is by far the best!

Cons

Nothing yet. Sinc gives me the hourly tracking I need.

Tammy H.

I highly recommend Sinc

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

My overall experience with Sinc has been great and I will continue using it!

Pros

I like everything about the sinc app. I can log into the app to see what time my employees clocked in and out. With the note feature my employees can let me know what job they were on during that time. At the end of our pay week I love how this app emails me a summary with each employees hours and the amount of their payroll! Sinc technical support has always been great about resolving an problems that I've ran into.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is I wish the notes that my employees leave were shown on the end of the week summary

Response from SINC

Hi Tammy, thanks so much for the review! Good news on the notes issue, this is something that is already included in SINC. Notes are included in two places on the pay period summary exports. 1st, you can find each individual employee's notes and links to any images in the notes column on each employee's tab. 2nd, we also include a whole tab at the end of the spreadsheet that includes all employee's notes for the given pay period. Here is a useful link to help you understand how notes work a bit better and as always, please reach out to us on live chat if you need more help. http://help.sinc.business/en/articles/2914056-exporting-pay-period-summaries

Zach W.

Payroll, attendance and more

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

Pros

Sinc has benighted my company by the complete tracking of hours, with locations so I can charge each project with actual job costing!

It’s saved the company money with actual hours clocked in and out by employees.

Cons

Location services can be turned off, at every check in, so it doesn’t always record location when used.

Gerard V.

Sinc timeclock review

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Pros

Easy to use for employees, like that internet access is no required to be able to record clockin clockout info. and easy for Admin to see employee tracking info.

Cons

I do wish we could force employees to use location tracking. would also like to update employee info (email, cell phone, etc)

Response from SINC

Hi Gerard, thanks for getting in touch. We are glad to know you are getting value out of our software. Forcing employees to share their location data with us is a bit of a touchy subject and part of the reason SINC works so well is that employees like using it and trust that we are fair and transparent. In saying that, we are exploring options as we roll out geofencing to automatically clock staff into job shifts as they move around the city so look out for communication from us about this in the coming months.
In regards to having more flexibility around editing employee details, we will be doing some work on this in the coming months so watch out for new updates.

Dan W.
Industry: Utilities

Worth the money

Reviewed on 2020/02/28

By using the program I have been able to better track how much is going out per job and it makes billing much easier.

Pros

I find this program easy to use. From setting it up, to the employees using it. Nothing too complicated. The export feature helps so much with my payroll, as I just have to add it into my payroll program and within seconds, it's all done.

Cons

The things I don't care for is the scheduling part. Entering in the times for each employee (as the schedual changes daily ansd they do up to 4 jobs each a day) is sort of a pain. I don't care for clicking on the times, I would rather manually type it in.

Response from SINC

Hi Dan, great to hear that we are helping you run payroll more efficiently. In regards to scheduling, this is an aspect of SINC we are focussed on at the moment and one of the next things we work on next. Your comments have been noted and we will try to address them in a future update.

Judah R.
Industry: Construction

Sinc is simple to use and great for time management

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

We needed an easy way to manage hours and PTO, Sinc works well for our needs and I would recommend to other businesses

Pros

Friendly staff will help with setup and use

Cons

Invites via email do not always work, you can still invite employees via phone, but I would prefer email 100% of the time

Michael D.

Sinc Time Clock App

Reviewed on 2020/03/02

Using the time clock has helped to really keep accurate track of hours worked, keeping our employees more accountable. It has been helpful in many ways

Pros

Keeping track of employee time on the jobs. They are able to make notes about the job or location.
I like having all the hours calculated by pay period which makes payroll easier. I was manually calculating overtime so I look forward to the new feature that calculates that.
Edit requests make fixing errors easy.

Cons

When an employee gets a new phone, we have had trouble getting them back into the app under our company. I have had to deactivate the employee then create a new employee with a slightly different name. I wish there was a desktop version for admin to work from.

Response from SINC

Hi Michael, thanks for taking the time to review SINC. All three of the features you mentioned are already live.
Overtime calculations just need to be set up by following these guides http://help.sinc.business/en/collections/2168575-overtime
Whenever an employee gets a new phone, the important thing to remember is they already have an authenticated account linked to your org so it is just a matter of them downloading the SINC Workforce app again from either the App Store or Play Store and then using their registered login method to sign back in. As an admin or owner, you can easily locate their login methods by following this guide http://help.sinc.business/en/articles/3689669-how-to-locate-staff-login-methods
The web version of SINC is available for you to manage your org from your desktop or laptop by visiting https://users.sinc.business.

Ivano D.

Easy Tracking

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

It has been really good and easy to use. It saves me a lot of time and headaches when it comes to payroll day.

Pros

The best feature that I like about this software is the fact that I can see at all times where my employees are working and keeping track of their time throughout the week. also the fact that I don't have to communicate with each individual as to where and how many hours they have worked because it's all there for me to see

Cons

Instead of my guys logging in and out for lunch and breaks. I would like to see it come off automatically at the end of each day.

Response from SINC

Hi Ivano, great to hear your thoughts on SINC. We have two options right now for tracking breaks. One is manually starting and stopping breaks which can be found on the fourth image down on this getting started guide for jobs http://help.sinc.business/en/articles/3593687-jobs-getting-started
The second is automatic break rules that get dealt with at the end of each shift. More info can be found here http://help.sinc.business/en/articles/2918579-adding-break-rules-for-employees

Dustin S.
Industry: Construction

Great addition to our company

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

Sinc has been a huge help for our employees time cards. Sinc has been very helpful anytime we have had an issue, which also rarely happens.

Pros

I love that my employees can clock in and clock out no matter where we are working and that i dont have to wait till the end of the pay period to see their hours

Cons

The only complaint that i have about the software is that the time format is different than what i have for my payroll, so i have to convert the time when putting time in for payroll

Response from SINC

Hi Dustin, great to hear we have been helpful for your company. We hate knowing you have to manually change these dates to get the data into another system so please get in touch with us with an example of the format you need and we will see what we can do about it

Jared Q.

BEST time keeping app!!

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

Using this app has not only made it easier for me to track the locations and hours of each foreman and laborer so that I can track job pricing and profit. It has also made my employees happier because there are less paycheck errors and it's easier for them to track where they are at with their union hours.

Pros

Easy to set-up, use, and maintain employee time cards. ALWAYS SUPER FAST AND COURTEOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Price is better than other app's we tried, not to mention way more user friendly.

Cons

Not being able to control a list of jobs/job sites to choose from when clocking in, to make it easier for HR to track hours per project easier.

Natalie K.

Sinc review

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Overall Sinc works really well for our business as we have people out in the field that need to clock in and out via mobile.

Pros

Easy to set up and manage. User friendly for employees. GPS location during shifts is a great tool.

Cons

The timeheets are not so friendly when printing. Notes print very small- no way to make it bigger.
Have to stretch/ edit colums to see the entire note and for it to print out on weekly employee time sheet.

Response from SINC

Hi Natalie, thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. It looks like you are attempting to print the excel report and this is always going to be a bit tricky without having to reformat it on your end because of the amount of data contained. We could look at adding a printer-friendly report later in the year. Please reach out to us with the details you would need to see in a report like this.

Terry W.

This is a time saver!!!

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

Pros

We initially chose to use this app as a tool for our workers to keep track of time and notes for jobs performed. The added perk of GPS tracking was a major bonus. The app developers are continuously making changes for the better based off customer feedback and requests. My favorite feature is the customer service for technical assistance. Anytime we’ve had a question about a feature or needed some help, we get a response very quickly and the problem solved!! BEST customer service and we will remain a customer for a long time!

Cons

There isn’t one thing I can think of I dislike. Any quirks there may have had when I first signed up have already been resolved over the past year or so.

Robert A.
Industry: Construction

Best app I've used compare to others.

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Pros

Easy to use and great customer service. They always improving and adding new feature like"pay rate" and cost codes.

Cons

Only thing I'm having problems with is the tracking of employees sometimes lags. Other than that it's a great app.

Response from SINC

Hi Robert, thanks for the review. Most issues you'll have recording locations will be due to permissions being denied by the employees (20% of employees do this), withdrawn on iOS after a warning message is shown to employees with continued use, or for Android the phone's device wide location settings being on the wrong setting, or killing our background tracking process to save battery. The next time this happens please refer to this guide on how to get the most accurate location data from your staff http://help.sinc.business/en/articles/2918137-enabling-location-tracking-for-staff

Sharon T.

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

When I have had a problem they have responded. It has increased the flow of works and has saved us wages on staff by the accuracy of the [program

Pros

I like the communication, accuracy and the ability to upsize or down size when required. I love that the boys can journal everything

Cons

The navigation option is a choice of the boys and it is the only part that does not really work well if they are not on board with know their location is being mapped

Kyle N.

Well worth the dollar

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

Detailed reports in an excel spreadsheet are good. Makes running payroll an ease. We can also spot discrepancies real quick.

Pros

Ease of Use once system is learned. Easily can be taught to any of our employees. Employees also can track their own hours instead of asking their supervisors.

Cons

Sometimes doesn`t sync right, but mostly that is our phone network when in the field.

Response from SINC

Hi Kyle, thanks for writing this review. Our offline-first technology allows workers to continue to log critical data in areas with patchy or unavailable phone service. This data will not show on the admin's end until a stable internet connection can be established so just make sure all your team's data has all synced before running payroll.

Charles S.
Industry: Consumer Services

Sinc

Reviewed on 2020/02/23

Our workers are mobile and the ability to manage time from anywhere allows us to get to jobs faster.

Pros

Affordable and easy to use for employee and employer. Takes only a few minutes to set up your employees. After setup managing time is effortless with just a few taps on your phone.

Cons

Need more customizable reports allowing full control of how you share info with other programs like accounting software.

Response from SINC

Hi Charles, great to hear you are getting value from our software. We started making those reports more customizable earlier this year with custom date ranges and are building integrations with cloud accounting platforms. Our integration with Xero is live and we are currently working on connecting to MYOB.

Shane S.

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

Pros

I can do job cost analysis.
The ease of clock ins

Cons

Still has a few issues that need addressed

Mark S.
Industry: Food Production

Great App

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

Pros

I am sure every one that was employees knows that they forget to clock in and out for time to time. I like this app because it allows them to send an edit request to an administrator to get things fixed. And there is documentation through the whole process. Also being able to export all of that documentation with the hours into a spreadsheet is really handy.

Cons

When you click on a notification it won't take you to the app.

Chad C.
Industry: Construction

Best software I've used for my business

Great overall experience!!

Pros

Sinc calculates my guys weekly hours for me.

Cons

Needs good reception to click in or out.

Response from SINC

Hi Chad, thanks for the review. We are glad to have been part of your company workflow for the last year or two.
Regarding needing a good connection to clock in, this is incorrect and I am glad to be able to clear it up.
SINC works both offline and online. members of your org can go for days without a signal and all the data is kept on the device until a connection can be made to the database. If you are in the office and one of your team members is out of reception, your system will not show their data until they get a connection so just make sure that everyone's data is synced before you run payroll.

Vaughan S.

The Perfect Time Clock App

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

We had been through a great number of time clock apps. Sinc provides the all the features we are looking for. We realized the benefits of each individual employee clocking in at their individual jobs from their phone.

Pros

Individual users, personalized clock in from phone, administrators to help modify mistakes in clock in, note taking ability, pictures, jobsite clock ins, hourly wage calculation

Cons

Notes can be difficult to take, character limit on notes is too small, only adding one picture at a time is tedious, can be difficult to export notes

Grayson D.
Industry: Construction

SINC is great for a crew on the go

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

I have 7 employees possibly going in seven different directions each day. SINC allows me to know when they are on the clock and where. They are paid bi-weekly. Wonderful to have a way to track their hours without them having to come in to punch a clock or trusting them to rely on their memory.

Pros

I like that my guys can actually clock in and get started on their day without having to come in to the office.

Cons

For some employees there was a learning curve...or a habit forming curve.