eSCRIBE

Meeting management solution for the public sector

Sandi H.

City of Kelowna

Reviewed on 2018/10/01

eSCRIBE allowed us to streamline the Council Agenda process by moving to an electronic approval process. The benefit to the City is that Report approvers no longer had to physically be available to approve Reports, now they can approve them remotely.

Pros

It helped make the Council Agenda process more efficient.

Cons

It was new and there was huge learning curve.

Roberta B.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

eScribe has been an absolute benefit to Lambton Shores.

Reviewed on 2017/06/27

It makes putting together an agenda a pleasure instead of the old nightmare it use to be.
The ease of putting in agenda items once approved is amazing. Easy to use the report writing.
Approval process is great.
Still iffy on the minutes taking. Does take some getting use to especially when Council puts a motion forward then brings in another before the vote.
I

Pros

It has made an great difference on the delivery of our agendas to Council. Council members prefer to have the agenda right in front of them either on their computer or ipad rather than a paper copy.

Cons

The information provided for updating is a bit confusing. As I am not a techno wizard when the updates come I am never sure if they are to be forwarded on to all eScribe users or just ipad users. I am very technologically challenged.

Response from eSCRIBE

Hi Roberta - Thanks for your feedback! Apologies for any confusion. We'll be in touch with you and see what we can do to make things easier for you. Thanks for taking the time to review us!

Wanda S.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Escribe is not user friendly, but when I have a question I'm able to get my answers quick

Reviewed on 2017/10/31

I find escribe to be a software that answers all needs when it comes to municipal meetings. I would recommend it to with much confidence.

Pros

I like that it is converted to Words and that I can make changes in that manner. I also like that I can set up many meetings at once.

Cons

I find it not very user friendly, I do a lot of searching at times before I am able to find what I am looking for. Although, we are going to have a training session in the new year, this may help.

Response from eSCRIBE

Hi Wanda - Thank you for your feedback! We're continuously making improvements to our software to become more user-intuitive. We look forward to the upcoming training session with you and your team. Thanks again!

Becky F.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Used Other for 2+ years

In love with eSCRIBE!

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

Our overall experience is excellent. We love the software and the service from support is outstanding. We have a phenomenal relationship with eSCRIBE staff.

Pros

I like the ease of use of the software. I like the added functions with the latest upgrade.

Cons

We lost some functionality after the last upgrade. eSCRIBE support took care of the issue we experienced right away.

Alison C.
  • Industry: Government Administration

There were a lot of hitches, glitches to start with. There are still the occasional glitches.

Reviewed on 2017/06/22

Time saving, elimination of paper. Easy for contributors.

Pros

It totally eliminates the need to print an agenda. Contributors upload easily and directly.
More work prior to a meeting, but less work afterwards.

Cons

Slow during meetings. Trying to find a report in the "added" is a bit of a challenge, even with filters. Still the occasional glitch. I am sure there are features that I am not aware of and not using. Follow up training - review with eScribe staff would be useful.

Response from eSCRIBE

Hi Alison - Thanks for your feedback! Glad to hear that we're saving you time and paper. Your account manager will be in touch to do an evaluation on the system. Thanks Alison!

Tamara C.
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Credit Valley Conservation

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

It was a painful start. It took us well over a year to resolve a number of issues we were experiencing. As a result staff got frustrated and lost trust in the software. As I have become more experienced with the software I have been able to resolve a number of issues on my own but, I continue to struggle to get staff to trust and use eScribe vs. coming to me to do everything for them.

Pros

- like that it creates a single location to store all our Board reports that staff have access to. Can go back and search for past reports.
- like being able to access our Board information from anywhere.

Cons

- I don't find the software overly intuitive and the amount of training I initially received wasn't sufficient to 'trouble-shoot' the number of the issues I was experiencing. There are a lot of settings behind the scene that I find really hard to navigate.
- Staff have also commented that they don't find the software overly intuitive as well and since they don't use the software on a daily/regular basis they get frustrated and then come to me to upload their reports that they composed outside of eScribe and start workflows for them. Approvers then call me and say they are fine with the report could I then approve the report for them. I have told staff that I wouldn't do it for them but I will show them how to do it themselves. I end up having to do this for almost every Board meeting so it has actually slowed down the agenda process for me.

Angela L.

eScribe review

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

Reduction in paper is great!! I look forward to using eScribe for report management.

Pros

There are many functions for minute taking. We are hoping to utilize the functions more than we have in the past.

Cons

I do not have issues with the interface but some of my co-workers are afraid to use it. The interface could be more user friendly. I find it difficult to create new templates and they all appear different even though the settings were the same as another template. Preview button is painful to use.

Sheryl E.
  • Industry: Government Administration

City of Fort Saskatchewan Review.

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

Customer support is exceptional. We are also very pleased with the regular software updates and eSCRIBE’s positive communication to its clients.

Pros

- Ease of use / very user friendly.
- Conducting a meeting / webstreaming is effortless.
- Voting features through the eSCRIBE App works very well, especially when a member of Council is unable to attend a meeting.
- Public being able to live stream a meeting through a tablet or smart phone. Demonstrates transparency.

Cons

The software works well for what we require from an electronic management system. We have no issues. Very pleased with the product.

Connee N.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

It has been an overall positive experience. Customer service is awesome!

Reviewed on 2017/11/01

Peace of mind knowing that confidential documents are secure.

Pros

I like that everything is together in one document. The system is secure and confidential. The system is accessible from wherever meeting attendees are located.

Cons

The program does not move fast enough. Taking minutes can be held up. The curser jumps around at times. Changing spacing in documents is clunky and has to be done each time. Processing task lists continues to be an issue.

Response from eSCRIBE

Hi Connee - Our Support team will be happy to hear your experience with them has been positive! We'll send them your way again to get those glitches fixed. Thanks Connee!

Judy C.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

We have had great success with the new version and the added features.

Reviewed on 2017/06/23

Track tasks to ensure completion of directions.

Pros

Ease to create agendas and the task management allows us to keep track of outstanding issues from every meeting. We are looking forward to seeing the product in HTML.

Cons

Formatting issues arise with the minutes due to the tables. Sometimes it is frustrating resolving these issues and it takes time when rushing to complete the minutes.

Response from eSCRIBE

Hi Judy - Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback! We understand how it can get frustrating. Our support team will be in touch to see how we can make your eSCRIBE experience better!

Jaclyn K.

Great product which helps us run our meetings seamlessly.

Reviewed on 2017/06/26

Pros

Product has all the features we are looking for and Customers service is always courteous and quick to solve any issues we encounter.

Response from eSCRIBE

Hi Jaclyn - We're happy to hear that we've met your expectations. Our support team is one of our proudest assets, we will definitely keep our work quality up! Thanks for your feedback, Jaclyn!

Kim K.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

I appreciate the paperless management of meetings.

Reviewed on 2017/11/06

The ability to manage meetings without paper required.

Pros

the ability to publish to participants,
the defer option to move an item to a future meeting,
the ability to reorder the meeting items,

Cons

the way that the text doubles uncontrollably,
the resolution shows on main page but in the edit button it disappears until entered into again,
the inability to track resolutions (I am not sure how others manage their resolutions to ensure completion or to see what resolutions are still "on the books"),
I would like to learn more about the software as I do not believe I am using it to it's full potential.

Response from eSCRIBE

Hi Kim - Thank you for your feedback! We'd love to set some time aside for training so you can take advantage of our software. Sorry to hear about the issues. The good news is that they seem to be associated with an older version, which our support team can easily fix. We'll be in touch! Thanks Kim!

Candice N.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

Customer service is outstanding - friendly, quick to respond and very helpful.

Pros

user friendly with many useful functions

Cons

no issues with using the escribe software

Richard E.

Been using eScribe now for about 3-4 years and it's been great!

Reviewed on 2017/11/06

Pros

Workflows to approve reports, ability to do a lot of the technical stuff on my own without the assistance of an IT department.

Cons

I seem to get an issue with "incorrect file structure" in the PDFs whenever I try to do anything with the PDF afterwards

Response from eSCRIBE

Hi Richard - Glad to hear we've been helpful. Sorry to hear about the hiccup with regards to PDFs. Our support team will be in touch and it should be resolved easily as it seems to be a setup issue. Thanks again, Richard, for your support!

Nishith S.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Its the best meeting management tool available. Its eases the work to organise the meeting.

Reviewed on 2017/05/25

If you are looking for the paperless meeting solution than this one is definitely for you.

Pros

The most I like about this software its give seamless offline experience as well. It handles every details about the meeting very efficiently and specially its voting management is the great feature to experience.

Response from eSCRIBE

Hi Nishith - Thank you for your support! We are very proud of our software and are happy to see the impact we've had on our customers. The voting feature is definitely one of the best sellers.