TalentNest

Applicant sourcing and tracking software for recruiters

4,4
4,6
3,9
4,4
4,7
Shelley B.

TalentNest Review

Improving our retention

Pros

This software is very easy to use and provides great analytics we can use to improve our process to meet the candidate needs

Cons

We're happy in every category, no complaints

Ramon O.

HIRING TALENT THROUGH TALENT NEST

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Awesome post sales service especially from the reps. It was not easy to navigate the system early on but with the patience and dedication of the rep I am comfortable using the Talent Nest system to my advantage.

Pros

ONE CAN CUSTOMIZE & CREATE FILTERS AS REQUIRED

Cons

INITIAL NAVIGATION OF THE SYSTEM , TOO MUCH TO LEARN.

Response from TalentNest

Hi,

We really appreciate your feedback - all responses are extremely valued at TalentNest!

We are so happy that you found customizations and filters to be helpful.

When switching to a system like TalentNest, it can be a lot to learn at first. We are committed to our clients having an easy time navigating their accounts and would love to give you a call to provide support with the learning curve.

We look forward to connecting with you to improve your overall experience with TalentNest.

TalentNest Support Team

Sonia T.
Industry: Financial Services

Review of Talent Nest - Experience since October 2016

Reviewed on 2017/02/23

Although I appreciate the Talent Nest site, and all of it's capabilities, there are a few search items that would benefit. For Example: Search all candidates with no tags, search new applicants only, add an additional column - original application date

Pros

Ease of use, and quick access to multiple files, using tags.

Cons

As soon as change is made to the file, or status, in the Candidate Search, it looks like a new application, as the current date is used, and it is brought to the top of the list. This action makes it difficult for the new leads to be distributed, as every file must be accessed to see if it has just been updated or if there is new applicant..

Response from TalentNest

Thank you very much for your thorough review. You make some interesting use cases in how you are running your searches. We will follow-up with you to learn more about what you are trying to do. Thanks again. - Robert Spilak

Amanda S.
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

First time user

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Sometimes when I save a note, it'll say "saved" but it won't actually appear and I'll have to write it again. This is an issue because if I don't remember to check that the note has been saved, there is potential for me to miss/lose information pertinent to candidate tracking.

Overall, I have liked Talent Nest. I understand that it's a work in progress and there's room to improve, but have found it to be a great software to track candidates so far.

My experience with the TN team has been amazing and I love working with them.

Pros

Very easy to track progress of candidates. If you're a visual learner there is a good tracking measure at the top of the screen to see where a candidate currently stands. If you prefer tracking through writing, you can view the notes and see the details of their progress there. Email notification are prompt and notify you when you have a new candidate for a position. The service and support have been very prompt with responses and resolving issues, which is a huge benefit.

Cons

There are a few places that I think could be adapted for easier functionality. I'd like to be able to see tags always at the top of the screen (sometimes they're at the bottom). I'd like to be able to upload documents to the candidate's TN file. It would be great to have a function where I can bcc TN when I send an email to a candidate and have it saved in the notes to assist with tracking communications. I'd also like it to be easier to see why a candidate has been deselected. I'm sure there's a way but having looked around a bit, I can't find out how to access this info. It would be great if accessing that info was more intuitive.

Love this Software!

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

I have used various types of applicant tracking software in the past and TalentNest is for sure one of the best by far. It is very user friendly and intuitive to navigate. I love the tutorials that pop up upon logging in if a change has been made to the system, which makes keeping up to date with the software very easy & increased my productivity. No matter what kind of report or application I was looking for - TalentNest always had it available or the very knowledgeable staff would help us customize the system to ensure that it meets all of our needs. Would 100% use it again and again!

Pros

I loved how user friendly it is. The design is also very nice and modern. The very helpful staff and technical support team made me feel very safe & confident that I would not be stuck without help on any given day.

Cons

There was not anything I didn't like about the software! It was honestly a very great experience!

Omar M.
Industry: Government Administration

Talentnest

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

My overall experience with Talentnest is that it was good. The team is always looking to improve their platform.

Pros

What I liked most about Talentnest was that when candidates upload their resume, you can view the resume and of you like it and want to come back, you can make it a golden eagle which will allow it to stand out versus other candidate resumes

Cons

What I least liked about Talentnest is that, I am unable to mass move candidates or do anything mass related. I would have to click on each candidate to perform the transaction.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Joyce C.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great Tool to Manage the Hiring Process

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

We have utilized TalentNest for managing the hiring process...everything from sending out meeting invites, notes, as well as review, resumes and send out professional personality assessments. TN allows you to track a candidate from their initial submission to the hiring process and all the steps in between. Everything in one place.

Pros

The customer support at TalentNest is absolutely the best. There is no issue they can't help with and always do it with positivity.

Cons

There are no issues that I don't like. The few issues I had early on were corrected by the TN team.

Deb W.

Talentnest review

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

The system is very user friendly and intuitive. Any issues or concerns were quickly rectified by the support staff.

Cons

There wasn't much that I didn't like about the software. It would have been nice to be able to send an Excel spreadsheet with shortlisted candidates directly to the Hiring Manager, rather than having to download and then send.

Industry: Automotive

Fantastic tool for hiring the best candidate!

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

I have been able to reach and attract qualified candidates for open positions.

Pros

Very easy to use and offers optional ways to search for a candidate. Specific questions for hiring managers is awesome and makes it easy to flow through the hiring process.

Cons

I do not have any negative comments. The tool works like it supposed to and brings great talent for me to interview.

Christine V.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Great software

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/18

The benefits are amazing. We have a ton of our members using this software to post industry-specific jobs. The payback we get from TalentNest is so worth it for us. Especially being a not-for-profit organization!

Pros

I love the layout of it. It's very easy to scroll through and sort through jobs of interest with location, business unit, and how to apply very clearly highlighted.

Cons

I think it needs to be more obvious for how to post a job. Lots of time we have our members emailing us asking us to post the job for them, when really it's them that needs to post it. Maybe you could make that more clear somehow.

Krista W.

Review of Talentnest by Recruiting Concepts

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Benefits as mentioned, wider audience is attracted, easy to use, saves me a great deal of time. Allows me to organize my candidate base with tags etc. Has created a very useful database for me where I used to operate in a very manual fashion.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it has streamlined my recruiting business. It has made it quicker and easier to promote my job opportunities to a wider audience and the impact has been very significant. The software is easy to use, I am constantly learning new features, it's all very intuitive.
The customer support I have received has also been one of the best features. The team are very responsive, they jump in to help immediately. I have already referred other business people to the product who are also satisfied. i'm happy to continue to refer other companies to the software.
I like how many job boards my positions are posted on, the traction is excellent. Very happy customer!

Cons

It is a bit tricky to use on your mobile device, the buttons are small and it requires a lot of scrolling when I'm on the go. Not impossible, just not as user friendly as I'd like.
I would like to make changes to the demographic questions on occasion after I have connected them to a job, this has been a bit tough, customer support team has been helpful though so not a real complaint.

Maggie M.
Industry: Retail

TalentNest has helped us find the best employees in our area!

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

Overall, I would recommend TalentNest. It has proved to help expend our hiring process and find the candidates who are the best fit for our team.

Pros

I have loved the amazing customer support we have received from them. If we ever need statistics or have a question about a feature that may help us better use the software, they are always willing to help. We have had more candidates apply than we could have imagined in the months we have been using it. It allows the time of our hiring process to be faster and overall a better experience for everyone.

Cons

One thing I wish we had the ability to do was have folders inside of our platform. For example there are some resumes I would like to keep on file connected with a specific job for future consideration. I find the tags to be confusing and unorganized.

Jake G.

Optimize your hiring process

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Pros

TalentNest has simplified my workflow for sourcing and hiring talent. I’m able to keep postings fresh and up-to-date, set-up demographic and pre-screening questions that help identify the right candidates, and track each individual’s progress through my system. By staying on top of my notes within TalentNest, I can easily manage the funnel of prospective team members - keeping the viable ones active, and quickly weeding out those who regularly apply but lack the skills/experience I need.

Cons

I only wish this software could do my interviews too! :)

Kelly O.

TalentNest Review 2018

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Overall, I love the product.

Pros

I like that the system is easy to learn/use. Easy to see where the employees are in the hiring process.

Cons

When you log in, I would like to see the jobs and not the Data charts. Maybe put those at the bottom of the jobs or add to the Reports tab.
Also, when the status of a candidate changes, it would be nice if the manager of that posting gets a notice of the change.

Leslie D.

Talent Nest

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

Really enjoyed using TalentNest overall. Easy to learn and navigate. Very few system errors.

Pros

What I like most about the software is that it's user friendly.

Cons

It lacked the capability to send multiple resumes at the same time to hiring managers.

Naomi M.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

We LOVE Talent Nest!

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

Our experience with Talent Nest has been phenomenal! From implementation to ongoing support and problem-solving/troubleshooting. Self-Management Group has gone above and beyond from a user-experience to integrating the latest technology.

Pros

We have control over the majority of functionality for posting jobs and managing candidates. Real-time support and EXCEPTIONAL customer service.

Cons

Currently unable to attach external documents to candidate files -however, we may be able to in future - enhanced reporting would be welcomed.

Jaime M.
Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Amazing!

Reviewed on 2019/09/23

Pros

This product has helped our company keep candidate information organization, analyze data through the reporting tools that are offered and efforts to make better hiring decisions and has saved our recruiters countless hours so that they can focus more on hiring for the right fit!

Cons

Nothing that I can report - I truly believe the software is extremely user friendly and the Account Managers with TalentNest are always available to answer questions.

Greg E.
Industry: Automotive

Talent Nest is one of the best tools our company has ever deployed/used!

Reviewed on 2017/02/28

All of us at ADG/EasyCare could not be happier with Talent Nest! We are big fans and have had great success with the tool! We are happy to say great things and would welcome a discussion with your prospective clients!

Greg English
President ADG/EasyCare

Jennifer S.
Industry: Real Estate

Some enhancements needed but open to feedback and are releasing enhancements

Reviewed on 2017/02/28

Very helpful and friendly team at TalentNest. They are open to feedback to improve their product and are willing to provide things like ad hoc reports to bridge gaps.

Pros

Good support and friend people to work with. They have a true willingness to help.

Cons

We have a unique multi-location implementation so the system doesn't work for our needs all the time.

Dinah B.
Industry: Human Resources

TalentNest - A Time Saver!

Reviewed on 2017/02/23

TalentNest has proven to be an extremely useful recruitment tool for our firm. It has cut down the time spent in posting on a number of sites, and the ease of interacting and responding with candidates has been simple and streamlined. Overall, I would highly recommend this as a tool for any recruiter or HR representative.

Pros

Ease of use, time saving and the simplified manner in which to interact with candidates.

Cons

Not being able to use the Business Unit option to my preferences.

Response from TalentNest

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate having you as a client. I've spoken to our Client Success team about your business unit situation and hope to come up with some additional features in future updates. - Robert Spilak

Craig d S.
Industry: Automotive

An absolute must for finding qualified candidates in a timely and professional manner.

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

TalentNest provided a multitude of qualified candidates for all positions

Pros

Ease of use and quality of candidates without having to use numerous other software.

Cons

I didn't use it soon enough. Would have saved me a lot of time.

John J.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

VP Member Engagement & Corporate Partnerships

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Excellent customer service, our association members are obtaining excellent applicants for positions. Easy for our members to use and removes admin from internal

Pros

Ease of use and also connects with important social media job platforms

Cons

I have no negative comments on the software

Tina H.
Industry: Industrial Automation
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

TalentNest review

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

Awesome team! Great support to customer! Superior responsiveness.

Pros

ease of use - tracability of candidate status

Cons

does not scan for key words to proactively sort candidates that meet job criteria

Response from TalentNest

Hi,

We are happy to hear that you have had a good experience using the system and with the ability to track candidates.

In regards to candidate keyword searches, we do have that feature available.

I'd love to give you a call to give you a brief overview of this feature and how it can improve your overall experience on TalentNest.

Have a wonderful day.

TalentNest Support Team

Norm O.
Industry: Retail

Talent nest

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

All in real time and objective feedback, provides a comparative report to existing and benchmark prospective employees. All in the cloud for quick reference.

Cons

Cannot think of any negatives or downside for software.

Marshall A.

Great Results

Reviewed on 2017/02/26

I am impressed with the many details which TalentNest has incorporated into the interface. I am able to make quick edits and adjustments to job postings most of the time. In addition, the customer service I have received from representative has far exceeded my expectations. He was very patients, helpful, and knowledgeable.

Cons

Unable to make edits to prescreen questions and questionnaires for currently running job postings. Unable to upload documents to candidate profiles.

Response from TalentNest

Thank you very much for taking the time to review! We really appreciate your cons and do have plans to address them in future releases.