Showing 42 reviews of 32

Slite

Documentation tool for organizing knowledge bases

Showing 42 reviews of 32
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Slite is great for company intranet news, faqs, and general procedure sharing.

Reviewed on 2020/11/06

Company really did a step forward on sharing news and releasing procedures.
From HR, to software development guidelines.
We are also tracking meeting and project notes for intra-organization summary reports.

Pros

User interface is nice and friendly. Different levels of accesses and permission enhances the power of the solution.
Content editor is also powerful and flexible.

Cons

I would like to have a better tree organization, also feature to select favorite items is not really friendly.
Sometimes speed to render is not really fast.

Brianna O.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Stay away from slite.

Reviewed on 2019/11/28

Pros

I'm so upset with this company that I simply have nothing good to say about it other than it has a great UI/UX

Cons

I hate the fact that I have been billed for 8 months for a software I stopped using the first day. I deleted my account and they still bill me. There is no way to disable billing because the account does not exist and they do not respond to emails. Stay away from Slite.

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Best notetaking softare on the market

Reviewed on 2018/08/08

Pros

Using this software is a breeze. Everything works as it should be, it looks great, it's intuitive and feature packed. Plus, the support team is very present, bugs are fixed quickly and updates are being pushed out very often with a clear roadmap.

Cons

I wish they could find a way to integrate a SMALL project management interface. I don't know how but if they find a way, they will truly have found perfection.

Great product I am using currently

Reviewed on 2018/07/09

Make my work of managing docs easy and all at one place.

Pros

Great UI and easy to navigate from the sidebar. It made me switch from Evernote. Love the way it recognizes code and SQL queries and differentiates them.

Cons

They need to remind the users to explore more features inside the Slite. Most of users don't explore all features.

Thomas A.

Simple yet powerful

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Excellent experience, Slite is very useful to keep all my notes organized

Pros

You can have shared and private notes, markdown support, checklists, slack integrations. It is very easy to understand both for wiki-type notes as well as to do lists and day-to-day notes

Cons

It is a bit slow on mobile, and sometimes navigation is more complex than is should. However you can see progress as time goes by

Mathias K.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Used Other for Free Trial

More than just a team communication tool

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Pros

Slite offers a wide range of team leading and management tools. It holds communication tools but has an integrated knowledge database and file sharing capabilities. That is an outstanding feature compared to Slack and other communication tools.

Cons

The features are all great, yet for full features you need to pay a monthly or yearly fee. Still fine, though.

Quentin B.

Slite changed the way we communicate, making all information easy to write and share.

Reviewed on 2018/02/23

Every product is perfectible, but as long as I am concerned the cores features of Slite are already here. I can't wait to see the product evolution with future integration.

Pros

Slite is making note taking easy and became quickly a reflex among everyone. After the "Did you Google this or that", "have you checked Slite?" became the second most used sentence to search for an information.
Make it simple and people will use it. Slite just perfectly did it for note-taking.

Bastien J.

No need to use GDocs anymore!

Reviewed on 2018/02/23

Pros

It's the easiest way to share notes with your team. Its use is very simple, has advanced options for edition but only what we need for notes, shortcuts (definitely these) and more.

Cons

There is no way to share a note outside my team with edition rights for now, with a public link for instance.

Mark N.

Helps me and my team get stuff done!

Reviewed on 2018/08/04

Communication between the team has improved as well as increasing productivity on projects that we are involved in.

Pros

The simplicity of the interface as well as being able to integrate with Slack allows me to share info with the team as the industry we are in changes regularly.

Cons

Nothing, the software has help to change team communication.

Awesome note taking app

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Slite has made note-taking very easy for me. I can easily share notes with the whole team.

Pros

I use Slite every day to track my social media campaigns. It makes it very easy to share documents with colleagues and the distraction-free editor makes it very easy for me to focus on the content.

Cons

A Todoist integration could be very useful for sharing a specific labeled to-do lists with colleagues.

Yeni O.

Fun way to organize my teams content.

Reviewed on 2018/07/07

Pros

I love Slite's smartphone application. It is beautiful to the eye(aesthetic wise) , lightweight and intuitive. I use Slite to organize my thoughts into notes ; while also being able to communicate with my team ,and follow their notes ; I receive notifications when they create new content.
The applause feature is similar to what is obtainable on medium.com and serves as a nice way to appraise a team members idea or content.

Cons

This seems to only appeal to the younger generation in my organization. Older staffs always try to avoid using it.

Ryan C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great knowledge management tool

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

There were a lot of process and procedures and documentation in our organization but we didn't have a centralized place to store the information and also work on the information. Slight was able to give us that workspace and archived it for future use and reference.

Pros

We use this with our organization to centralize our knowledge management process, procedures, and documents. The tool does a great job of organization, editability, and has a great user interface.

Cons

There really aren't a whole lot of issues with the platform. We had a need to address and slite was able to do it.

Camille A.

We've been using Slite since they launched their beta - this is our go-to collaborative note...

Reviewed on 2018/04/28

Pros

- So easy to use!
- Beautiful user interface.
- Real time collaboration with team mates.
- Templates are provided to get you started.
- Free plan to try that supports 200 team notes to start, and then an addition 50 team notes per month.

Cons

- Early stages, still a few glitches here and there but can be corrected quickly.
- Currently supports Slack.

Wonderfully designed tool to create and classify documentation

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Pros

- Super easy to use
- Beautiful Design
- Produce and share a perfect-looking document in a matter of minutes

Cons

No offline mode - for now!
Can't open multiple documents at the same time - for now!
Some text layout options are still missing (cross-out text, color text) - for now!

Rahul C.

After I started using Slite, I never went back to Evernote.

Reviewed on 2018/08/04

I'm using Slite to manage my part-time business work. Makes it easy to get my job done.

Pros

Awesome and totally modern UI/UX. The onboarding process is dead simple. The editor is beautiful. Writing is a joy on this app.

Cons

Their Mac app is not very smooth. Has jitters. No Android app till now.

Roadmap, meeting notes, knowledge base, and so much more

Reviewed on 2019/04/27

Tried the other ones (including some more popular alternatives), wouldn't consider for a minute switching back. Slite is the simple, minimalist experience I was looking for.

Pros

Slite is beautifully easy to use. I've tried A LOT of note apps be it both for personal and team use, and Slite never ceases to amaze me by its simplicity. We use it for everything from our roadmap to meeting notes to employee onboarding and couldn't be happier with how efficient Slite is: the editor is minimalistic and distraction-free, collaborative features make it easy to use even for a large team, and a few well-thought integrations go a long way to making Slite the single source of truth for the company.

Cons

The team ship a lot of new features, and sometimes it can be a bit disturbing to change your habits (where is the button?) but most of the time the positives outweigh the slight inconvenience.

Afanasiy S.

We are already in love with Slite!

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Pros

We are a small team of seven developers and we already love Slite.

Before Slite we were using multiple Google Docs and Sheets files to manage our team notes, and Trello to write down decisions we made during team meetings. We would create a lot of files on Google and send links to each other using Telegram or email. It's OK if you don't have a lot of documents but after a few months of working it's became a pain in the ass to find some particular file (and it's actual, team-approved version).

On Trello we had this 'Notes' board, where we would put all the notes on product decisions and team meetings, but it quickly became overloaded with stuff and you would hardly find anything there.

That's why our team loved Slite so much. It's very simple yet powerful tool. I am not sure if there anything else like that. Probably yes. But we are absolutely satisfied with Slite and like that its team already reached out to us to gather our feedback :).

Cons

For now it doesn't support Russian alphabet that well but we have already contacted the team and they told is they gonna fix it.

Discovering Slite was love at first sight.

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Pros

There was zero amount of user onboarding necessary this continues to be true as we discover new features. Everything is exactly where you would expect it to be and there are no cryptic icons or tedious steps to find what you need. The intuitive factor has exceeded my expectations. It's been interesting to see it's organic growth even within our own organization. We have yet to send an invitation to a team member that didn't explicitly request access. As we open the tool in meetings/screen shares, everybody is curious and eager to use it.

Cons

As with any young tool, there are a few usability issues that make it seem buggy. For example, sometimes when typing in tables, chunks of text mysteriously disappear as you type. But this is nothing command+Z can't handle.

Paul henri C.

Simple, valuable, productive.

Reviewed on 2018/02/26

It helped my team to collaborate from start.

Pros

- very simple to use and to structure notes
- capacity to share notes publically or privately
- word processor to present notes is really cool
- love the "clap" of notes

Cons

- there are no emojis to react in the comments
- "claps" are limited to a hundred

Jeff C.

Beautifully Designed Product - Great for Documentation & Organization

Reviewed on 2018/03/11

Organizing to-do lists and action items for small projects.

Pros

Awesome user interface, very easy to use and navigate. Reminds me a lot of Quip. Great resource for small teams if trying to organize processes or documents. +1 for desktop app.

Cons

Somewhat limited functionality for free version, but works well enough for what we're currently using it for.

César C.

Slite finally helped me and my team to document our experience as a whole.

Reviewed on 2018/02/26

Pros

I like the fact it as a beautiful user experience, it's very intuitive and easy to the eye.
The pricing is better than the competition and specially the free version is very appealing for starters.
It's great for creating private and public documentation, for teams and at a personal level. Since the personal notes are infinite I actually also use it for some personal stuff.
The collections (like tags) organisation makes it very easy to find documents and specific notes.

In general, it makes the process of documenting stuff much easier and fun, which in turn makes our team more eager to do so, instead of seeing the process of documenting as a boring one.