Showing 100 reviews of 88

zipBoard

Bug tracking solution for web developers and designers

Showing 100 reviews of 88
Tyler B.
  • Industry: Design

Great for long distance freelance

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

I've recently left a full time job and started doing contract freelance work. I also moved across the country, so some of my clients are in my former place of residence.

Working remotely, when you can't just pop into a client's office to walk through a project, can be challenging. Zip board allowed us to easily talk through aspects of a site design project, and offer on the fly comments and feedback. It made my life a whole lot easier, allowed the project to flow much more smoothly, and allowed my clients to feel confident that they were still deeply involved in the process, despite me living in another province.

The tool is very easy to use, which comes in handy as clients are not always the most tech inclined. Eliminated the need for awkward, stumbling phone conversations where they tried to describe in words things of a visual nature - they could easily screenshot and comment as needed.

Would highly recommend

Pros

Incredibly easy to use and for me, and for my clients.

Cons

I didn't really run into anything that I disliked

Rodrigo S.

Still on the way to be a great tool

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

It has been a great tool since we migrated from google docs to this, great visual aids and a perfect way to control assignments, versions, etc.

Very recomendable but still a few fixes to be done.

Pros

The visual aids and features it has for both the reviewer and the creator of the content.
Ease of use for most of the review tools
Very easy to use Interface

Cons

Still needs to be polished, when the task list is updated, it automatically moves back to page 1, that is really bothering while working.
On the Pin and add comment screen, navigation is a little complicated, most of the people use left click to navigate, but here, it adds a pin that cannot be erased, it only erases if you don't fill anything on it.

Russ B.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Great Tool for Basic Annotation, Quick Engagement

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

Great tool, would use it again as needed.

Pros

It was quite easy to set up and figure out, and let me do all of the things I wanted to do to communicate with my team.

Cons

The only thing that would be better (but I suspect is quite difficult), would be to annotate a living copy of the website, instead of individual image captures. You lose a bit of the navigational feel while doing the annotation and commenting on it, but that's not a particularly big issue, just a "nice-to-have".

Nathan W.

Such a time saver

Reviewed on 2020/11/23

Awsome for team collab around visually focussed projects like web design. Once you try it, you'll never want to go back to typing out all the bugs and feedback in an email or chatbox (and then also trying to interpret what someone is trying to tell you).

Pros

LOVE zipboard. (Free to use for basic needs, too). For most projects, software like Asana or Monday might be enough. For team collaboration projects that center around visual projects like website design, this is a game-changer. Helped save so much time to just point an arrow at an object on a webpage and say something like "this needs moved to the right side and color changed to brand red". It's all about the show, less tell, and tons of time is saved because of it.

Cons

Some of the UI could be a little better. But overall it's easy enough to use and quickly figure out that it's not an issue.

Digital Product Reviews with east

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Pros

-Simple and easy way to track needed edits
-Ability to see exact locations of needed changes
-Collaboration of the entire team and client in one place
-Tracking all changes throughout the life of a project
-Customer support

Cons

-Missing a few features, like the ability to archive older versions / feedback, but these are being rolled out continuously
-Occasional down times, but this is getting less frequent
-User interface is still a little clunky and needs some updates

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

The easiest & most useful, but not the only place to find jobs

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

i wish more job boards made it this easy to apply. i also like the feature that lets me know if a company is interested in me. i guess another thing would be that i've yet to get a job through this site.

Pros

lots of local listings, very easy to use and apply for jobs

Cons

hard to find remote jobs, not all job matches are a true match, too many emails matching me to jobs that don't match, and misleading headlines in the emails saying there are certain types of jobs available, but when i look at the listing it doesn't add up

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Great and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

We are a mid-tier manufacturer who has to organize jobs by contract, shipping destination, and timeline. zipBoard allows us to see all of our jobs in one place and easily organize them by priority, especially in this busy time of the year.

Pros

The user interface is very easy to navigate and nothing to tucked behind confusing menu options. When you click on an option, you get what you click and nothing else.

Cons

The color scheme can sometimes be a bit glaring if you're working late at night with your laptop as the only light source. Not a huge problem, but something worth noting.

Great Tool!

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Client review and feedback is made much easier and faster with zB.

Pros

It makes working with clients for reviews seamless and saves SO much time. Efficiency is a huge reason why we went with zipBoard.

Cons

Nothing of note. We have had a very wonderful experience so far.

M. B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Zipboard revolutionized my daily workflow..

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Mind blowing. I'd recommend this to my family, friends, relatives and pets (just kidding!).

Pros

- My time efficiency has quadrupled within 30 days
- No side effects

Cons

- My productivity is almost too much and people are complaining that I'm doing too much work.

Great substitute for Usersanp

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

I enjoy zipBoard, it gets the job done. it does have a few quirks to it. but what software is ever perfect for every user?

Pros

The pricing structure was perfect for what I needed it to do

Cons

I did not like the collaboration for when someone had read the task, and needed to tell the task owner they had seen it.

Kristin S.

Useful collaboration tool

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

Pros

Ability to quickly collaborate on projects with disparate team

Cons

When inviting users, you must manually enter email addresses. (No smart complete/autofill by connecting your email or uploading list of company emails or something to that effect)

Diana D.
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Free trial with no CC needed

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

Pros

I really liked that I could try zipboard without inputting my billing information. I had to add some annotations to add to a live website, and it was fairly quick to learn. I couldn't find another company to accomplish this, and it served me well

Cons

The design isn't as sleek or intuitive as something like Invision

Emre O.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Very user friendly

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

Excellent product - makes my life much easier.

Pros

I have the Google extension that makes it so easy to plan for and implement iterations on our elearning projects.

Cons

Customers sometimes have the "oh no, another app to add to my daily" process attitude that's sometimes hard to overcome.

Allison T.
  • Industry: Philanthropy
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for Free Trial

worked well for what we needed

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

We used this in a one off to review a website between internal and external groups and it went very well. The best part was the organization and it was very intuitive.

Pros

The tool was really easy to use and to navigate.

Cons

I feel like I got way too many emails but wasn't clear on how to turn off notifications.

Great idea, Great features.

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

zipBoard has provided a easy to use interface for working with Website notes, I am having issues getting my other coworkers to use it, but I simply love it.

Pros

I love the idea of zipBoard, adding notes to a website is something I have needed in my life for a long time.

Cons

Unfortunately, getting my clients and other coworkers to use yet another tool is problematic.

Ryan H.

Helped with website design

Reviewed on 2017/03/06

I use zipBoard to communicate changes and updates with clients; I work as a freelance web designer. zipBoard lets the clients tell me what modifications they would like to see with comments and tags.
I like that it's lightweight too and I don't have to create extra storage on my end.

Neil F.

A Good Review Software

Reviewed on 2019/06/28

Pros

Easy to set up and use. Provides the basic features required for review and analysis.

Cons

(Personal preference): Did not meet our need 100%. Not a fault of the software.

Daniel L.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Easy To Use & Very Cost Effective

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Overall it was a good experience from Zipboard. It was easy to set up and then share with my team to make editing our website a lot easier.

Pros

I was able to use Zipboard for free, which was a must as I wanted to test out all of the features before upgrading. I also enjoyed the website capture feature which allowed me to easily screenshot my website.

Cons

Some features were missing such as choosing the color of your comments and easily editing your previous comments.

Elizabeth E.
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

very helpful

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Was great! Was able to build our site effectively as a team.

Pros

as a remote worker creating websites, this was a really effective and easy way to share screens with my team.

Cons

there's a definitely learning curve for figuring some of the stuff out. Might be too complex?

A very useful tool for Designers and UI Developers

Reviewed on 2018/12/15

Pros

The tool did exactly what I wanted: Help me communicate with the UI developer what issues I'm able to see. I definitely see zipboard as being a tool that I use frequently, especially while working with remote teams.

Cons

A few improvements on the usability of the platform would go a long way.

Aravind G.

Still a kid in features

Reviewed on 2018/12/08

Average

Pros

The concept of the applciaiton is good, but needs to add some more features , as of now the applciation is lack of reports

Cons

Screenshot review - as it is not addign any value, it is better on clicking it should open the same page to see on live.

Deeksha A.

Good tool for bug tracking

Reviewed on 2020/11/25

Pros

The user interface and ease of use. We can also switch between table and Kanban view.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike. It solves the purpose like a charm.

Rob F.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Faster review cycles

Pros

Easy to use. Like that fixes and changes are reported in context, you don't have to find the slide that has the error. Good for remote review. I like the link for a reviewer has a how-to video before they use the software. Yet some still don't follow it!

Cons

I've had some SME reviewers mix up slide titles with comments on the content. In other words, they did add a comment on screen, they clicked the title and made the comment there. So it can be confusing for some.

Alexandre N.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Surprises that keep on coming

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

Keeping track of all the feedback to development team giving accountability when the feedback is applied

Pros

Ease to use, trackable tasks to my developers bridging the communication on between members of my team

Cons

I was initially driven to try the slack integration but the excess of messages for each one of the tasks was too overwhelming. I wish you could send at most 1 message per capture or allow the reviewer to control when to send the messages