Adobe Creative Cloud Reviews

4,7 (7 272)
Graphic design and video editing software

(7 272)

Janosch
Janosch
  • Industry: Human Resources

This ist simply the most versatile, powerful and allround solution you will find

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Fantastic value for Money. I can do professional looking Video and Image Work for a fair fee. I can also buy stockmedia along the way for an absolutely fair amount of money. Creative claoud has mature tools for a professional auience and I can simply, only recommend it.

Pros

I have worked with the Adobe Products for 20+ years now. I used Photoshop and Adobe flash back as the Internet still ran on steampipes (so to say) and I was a Student. Later I trained other students when working as an Intern at the University, I also worked as aOperator in a Publicity Agency for a while with the Adobe Products. Today, in my solopreneur life I still use it and I must say, somehow Adobe managed to get things right. The Products are bundled in the creative Cloud now. You have the specific tools for what you need to do at hand and this is good because Adobe makes great tools which have matured into powerfull instruments. If you want to do things professionally use this.

Cons

Well Adobe Tools are tools for professionals. This means there is a steep learningcurve and it is not easy. There are serval paradigms you need to understand in the Adobe Way of doing things. If you manage this, you have no issues, especially because these things are done along the same lines in every Adobe product. I could criticize, that the subscription type of approach to monetisation is done in a seductive way, but actually, I always had the feeling of - well it IS worth the money. And it is...just when you plan to interrupt your subscription be sure to think about it because you will not be remembered.

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

More professional, a lot easier to use, great tools for Images AND Video, perfect integration of tools into workflows with each other
Carlos
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Adobe Creative Cloud I the only way

Reviewed on 2023/10/06

I use this every day... all day. I do not see myself without it. I used to have 3 or 4 graphic element subscriptions but have since dropped them all after using the Creative Cloud. Every aspect of my business has benefitted from the Creative Cloud and it seems to get better every single day. We take time, as a team, to use their tutorials and continue to learn every single day.

Pros

I like how they have everything bundled in an easy to use, and the fluidity between users and teams. It helps us stay organized and allows us to work together seemlessly.

Cons

Some apps do have a steep learning curve and can look scary at first. To battle this, they have tons of video tutorials to use and learn along and from.

Eduardo

Adobe Creative Review

Reviewed on 2024/02/20

Very good results, a piece of software I use very frequently and enjoy a lot

Very good results, a piece of software I use very frequently and enjoy a lot

Pros

The interface and all tools used for editing documents and customizing templates

Cons

Adobe is somewhat a little costly, would be nice to see better pricing options in the future

Sam
  • Industry: Animation

I cannot say how much I dislike Adobe enough

Reviewed on 2020/01/04

I use the Adobe Creative Cloud at my full-time job, and it is a constant headache. It does the job it's supposed to, but for a company such as Adobe, I expect better. I expect better products, better customer service, better policies, better everything.

Pros

The programs are fairly easy to use. And I suppose on paper it's not a bad idea. Having a subscription does make it so you're spending less money up front. And it's an easy way to stay up to date. But remember, this is all on paper. In practice it's not so good.

Cons

Adobe seems to have something of a monopoly on the graphic design market, because I don't think they'd be getting away with their practices otherwise. People who bought their products previously no longer have license to use the software they once purchased if they're not using Cloud. Their programs crash all the time, and are full of annoying UI issues. A ton of small things that just don't make sense. For instance, resizing in Photoshop used to require holding shift to maintain original dimensions. And after users become familiar with that, they decide to change it so that when you size something, holding shift changes the width and height independent of each other. Sure, this would have made sense in the beginning, but to change what so many people are familiar with this late in the game? Plus, you'd think they implement that with all programs. But nope, InDesign it's the opposite, making the change completely pointless. And InDesign is a whole other bag of problems and glitches that can really put you in a bind if you're putting together a company catalog. My supervisor and I are constantly holding our breaths and on the edges of our seats when building a catalog that something major doesn't go wrong. Crashes every single time my computer goes to sleep, it'll randomly delete elements, and there are so many problems across the Adobe Suite that they simply won't fix. I could go on and on and on, but I'm about to run out of space.

laura

Best graphic design app out there

Reviewed on 2024/02/16

Overall a great experience and very userfriendly.

Overall a great experience and very userfriendly.

Pros

Super user friendly and easy to use - lots of good tools that make photo shop and graphic design easy.

Cons

Sharing and uploading larger files definitely slows down the app and my computer.

Faraz
Faraz

Expensive but worth it

Reviewed on 2023/07/31

Pros

It's a complete solution for all design-related requirements. prom photos to videos and from pixel-based graphics to vector-based graphics. there is something for everyone to use.

Cons

the price is high. All the features and benefits are going to be much much better if the price was slightly lower.

CorelDRAW

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

the universal usability and the ease of use of illustrator. Not to forget that the files can be linked seamlessly
Yolanda
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 2023/10/06

My experience with Adobe Creative Cloud is great because it helps a lot for digital marketing purposes, making the company known, it is a very complete tool.

Pros

Adobe creative cloud is ideal for the communications department, it greatly facilitates the editing work for institutions.

Cons

Adobe creative cloud is so easy to use this license that no additional support is required

Adobe Audition and Adobe Photoshop

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

Because it is a complete solution with more than 20 applications included in a single license.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 2023/12/13

Pros

I like that I can use multiple Adobe products for different types of projects I work on. I use Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, and Indesign the most, and it houses all of these programs in one place.

Cons

The price is very costly if you are not eligible for any type of discount and since I don't use it that often anymore I cannot justify the price for the subscription every month.

Keith
  • Industry: Entertainment

Get ready to level up

Reviewed on 2024/02/19

Pros

Uses and features match demands of a fast growing company

Cons

complicated interface at times especially with shared use

Jesus
  • Industry: Farming

A cloud storage for your art

Reviewed on 2024/02/19

Pros

What I liked most about Adobe Creative Cloud was that every file or media could be accessed from everywhere at anytime

Cons

What I liked least about Adobe Creative Cloud was the interface, it was confusing at first.

Christopher

ADOBE: So you want to be a designer?

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

Adobe CC has been a huge part of my life and reason why I can make a living. If you are considering purchasing Adobe CC for your organization, there are plans for you and your team depending on your needs. As a graphic designer, I use up to four programs daily (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Dreamweaver) and that is only a fraction of the toolbox provided by Adobe CC!

Pros

Adobe Creative Cloud is the most extensive package for creatives. Whether you're a graphic designer, motion graphics artist, illustrator, or pixel pushers, Adobe CC has something for you. I've been using Adobe products for over 10 years now and Adobe CC is something I'm using everyday in my work.

Cons

Some of the newer programs do feel a little lacking. I do understand that Adobe is trying to branch out into several markets and part of the appeal of Adobe CC is that you can pay for one service or pay for all of them and have access to your programs in addition to any new industry standard software.

QuarkXPress and CorelDRAW

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe CC is a platform that includes everything I'm looking for in one place. It is robust and includes everything you need and more to succeed in the design world!
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great Product, but Costly

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

Adobe Creative Cloud is undoubtedly leading the industry with its technology. The ease and interchangeability of projects between each application in the suite is a HUGE time saver and has prevented a lot of extra work and headaches.

Pros

I like that the software is constantly being updated. It is nice to not have to worry about whether or not your software is out of date. The wide selection of applications is nice and convenient to have bundled together as well. Being able to choose the option to only pay for specific programs is also nice to have, however, I find all the products very useful, so I pay for the entire suite.

Cons

The recurring monthly fees add up. There used to be a time when you could just buy the software outright, which I honestly prefer.

SketchUp and GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

You get what you pay for. The technology is state-of-the-art and leading the industry, so it's a no-brainer. If you want high-quality output, you have to be willing to pay for it. If you choose to go with a free product or lower quality, you risk it not being compatible with a majority of the software out there today and it just isn't worth the risk. You put a lot of work into what you do, why waste your time?
Kevin
Kevin
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Still unmatched by any other software

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

We use Creative Cloud on almost a daily basis, most often using Illustrator for graphic design and InDesign for print publishing. We also use Premiere and AfterEffects for video and motion graphics editing. The ability to move files between different programs through Adobe Bridge is particularly effective when working with a wide variety of assets in different contexts.

The cloud-based nature of the software is essential for employees who work remotely, allowing them to sync programs and preferences across devices.

Pros

For the wide range of applications available through Creative Cloud, no other software comes close to matching the feature set available here. Creative Cloud is still the gold standard for graphic design, photo & video editing, motion graphic design, publishing design, and interoperability between them. The somewhat recent transition to cloud-based software improves the feature set and finally divorces Adobe from the long-standing issue of only being able to license one machine at a time.

Some users might complain about the transition to a monthly licensing fee over a flat one-time fee that was used for Creative Suite, but there are distinct advantages to the cloud-based model. The monthly fee is really quite reasonable for the sheer volume of software you have access to, and you automatically receive new versions and features at no additional cost, i.e. you never have to worry about upgrading or compatibility issues.

Cons

There certainly is a learning curve given the complexity of the software, and Adobe has never fully managed to iron out every single bug. Occasionally, users will run into strange issues of software not working as expected, but thankfully the online knowledge base and customer service available almost always provides a solution, even if it's not intuitive.

Emily
Emily
  • Industry: Printing

It's the Industry Standard for a reason, but for how long?

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

Pros

I have loved the Adobe suite since I first started using it back when I started in design with CS2, made my first purchase of the CS5 design suite in high school and Lightroom while in university, and now the CC at work. It's always growing with the demands of the industry and creating new features that assist designers and expand the possibilities. It now has easy tutorials included for new features that are visual more them verbal and easy to understand. The programs all integrate seamlessly together and makes it a joy to work with the software all day.

Cons

There is one flaw in the Illustrator software that is very specific to what I do on a daily basis that most people don't, that I wish would get created. A quick button that would create cut lines and apply bleeds. I specifically am in the sign and vehicle graphics industry and have an old (1990's/Early2000's) software that with a click of a button can recognize what image area is selected, apply cut lines and create the bleed needed for safety when cutting (multicoloured too). I always have to import my graphics from AI to this software to efficiently do this process, but sometime the colours just don't convey well and I'm left to spend an hour or more getting it done in Illustrator.

I also wasn't a supporter of the creative cloud subscription. I use it every day at work, but as a student and start-up owner as they transitioned to the CC format, the costs of that bill every month was difficult to justify since I had just spent a large amount on the CS5 edition on a while earlier that I started to explore other software options. It is completely worth the regular investment if your business relies on it for hours a day because it already holds the title for industry standard, but if your looking for something for only occasional use, It may be worth shopping around first.

Craig
Craig
  • Industry: Photography

Adobe is the Gold Standard and Creative Cloud Only Makes Things better

Reviewed on 2019/01/27

As the title states, Adobe is the "gold standard" as far as I'm concerned. Portrait Pro offers nice features as does OnOne. But I have made Adobe the foundation of my image adjustment work in photography and cannot see that changing anytime soon.

Pros

The horror that haunted photographers decades ago was that someone would blow the processing of the negatives and an entire wedding shoot would be destroyed. Thankfully, that never happened to me. Now the stress is over those little SD cards. Lose or trash those and it's all over once again. Hence, my favorite camera body has two cards in it.

Then it gets to storage. Once the job is delivered to the client, most of our worries are over. But hard drives are not infallible. And all those adjustments you did in Lightroom and/or Photoshop would be lost with drive failure unless you paid a fortune to get some expert to recover them -- if possible.

Adobe CC solves that problem for a very reasonable cost. Your images with your adjustments are stored in the cloud and your whole photo studio can get blown away in a tornado, and you still have all your work. It doesn't get much better than that. Of course you can rent space elsewhere in the cloud, but I like simplicity, and having one vendor for all of this suits my style very well.

Needless to say, this review is written from the perspective of a photographer. No doubt the Creative Cloud will be just as useful to those using Illustrator to the degree I use Lightroom and Photoshop.

Cons

Adobe Lightroom is currently available in two versions. Creative Cloud and Classic. Classic is what we learned on and has more features than the CC version. So if you use the CC version exclusively, you'll miss out on some desirable features. That said you can switch things around and get the job done. Nevertheless, it would be nice if Adobe would evaluate the most used features in Classic and add them to CC. I love the fact that my work while using CC is being uploaded to the cloud in real time and would like to see more Classic features incorporated into the CC version of Lightroom.

Cherry
  • Industry: Photography

It's powerful, but it also sucks

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

I am still using Adobe's subscription, but just for photoshop because I found better alternatives for two of the main programmes in Creative Cloud.

For Lightroom, it is not the best in interpreting RAW files compared to Capture One.
For Premiere, it's very slow and old, Davinci is a much better choice, or FCPX.

Pros

I am a photographer and I do video for my vlogs.

Photoshop is an unparalleled photo editing tool. It takes time to learn and master, but it can transform any imagination.
I like how I can access some fonts.

Audition is amazing in editing audio, it's crazy.

Premiere is also a powerful video editing tool, professionals and amatures use it to edit their work.

Cons

Even if you subscribe to Adobe's service from their official site, you may not be purchasing and thus served by Adobe after all.
There is a monthly plan or annual, but regardless, you are on a year long contract, not just for the first year, it's every renewal.
Adobe, depends on which country you come from, has different resellers. Which means, if anything happens to your account, they simply say, "sorry, you buy it from our reseller, there is nothing we can do." That happened to me. They promised to refund two months of subscription to me on the phone, so I dropped my complain. But then they wrote to me and said they couldn't do anything for me that that's that. I told them I purchased from them, and it never tells me I am buying from someone else THROUGH THEIR SITE. And they said it's not their problem.

Then Premiere. Yes it can do so much, from professionals to amateurs but it is so slow in randering files.
If you use Mac, Final Cut Pro is a much better choice or you can choose Davinci Resolve which is actually free, and the paid version is icing on the cake. Final Cut Pro and Davinci Paid version are both only 299USD, life licence. While, one year of creative cloud is well beyond the one time purchase of those two other wonderful programmes.

Adobe Creative Cloud - The most robust suite of apps to enable your best creativity to...

Reviewed on 2019/06/15

Pros

Number one was the price. You get for "penies on the dollar" so many incredible apps for 1/100th of what they would cost to buy them all separately.,..and you pay monthly for this service so it makes it even more affordable than every other option available out there in the marketplace. The next most best thing I love is how this suite of apps includes every possible tool to do almost anything under the sun regarding creative work. I love the most that it automatically keeps all the apps updated without my involvement. Additionally, what I love most is their customer service department. I have had many situations where I needed their assistance and they provided me "token gestures" above and beyond the "call of duty" to appease me if I had any grievance about something. It is very rare to find a customer support team that treats their customers the way I have found Adobe treating me when in need of contacting them. To end this ...the absolute MOST best thing I Iove is how many different applications actually are included in this extremely robust suite that comes down from the cloud. It is mind boggling that the price is so low and you receive so many applications to use to pretty much cover anything under the sun that you would need to do.

Cons

What I like the least is the fact that each and every application is so robust and so complex, it would take a lifetime to just learn to be an expert using only one of them. To do the most simple tasks takes a lot of learning first and this is what i like the least - as you really need a course before you use their apps because it's so very difficult to figure out how to do anything from the simplest things to the most complex things...all of them require you knowing all the logistics of how to work with each and every app, and it's quite extremely time-consuming to "self teach" yourself on this matter. There is no "easy fix" to this other than to dive in deep and learn how to really work with each app on its own, and it's almost defined as "infinite" what you can do within each and every app Adobe provides with this Creative Cloud Suite. It truly is a never-ending learning process and you discover new things all the time - especially when they add new features when they provide updates to the apps automatically. They really need to have a built-in "guides for dummies" to help you do the basic things for each app- but they don't have that and I wish they did, and that sums up what I like the leat about Creative Cloud.

Tommy
  • Industry: Media Production

I love Adobe Creative Cloud!

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

My overall experience with Adobe Creative Cloud has been great! The applications and tools are top-notch and have been a part of my workflow with my creative work since the beginning. There are countless tutorials available​ online and Youtube to teach you anything you want to know, and Adobe support is always there and ready to help if​ needed.

Pros

Adobe Creative Cloud has given me all the tools I need as a creative to produce content at the highest level. Adobe is constantly updating their software, and asking for user feedback, which gives us users the best and optimal experience with the tools we are constantly using. Not only are Adobe products considered Industry-standard, but Adobe has created software and tools that are very easy to use, and if there are​ any problems Adobe support​ is always ready to help.

Cons

Honestly, there isn't much to say in terms of constructive feedback for this software. The only topics I've come across with this software is that it operates smoother and faster when working with Windows or PC rather than Mac and at times apps can crash. However, the speed/efficiency I've experienced as a Mac user is not something that's given me a problem even working with lots of various files including 8K RAW Red Files. In regards to applications crashing, Adobe does a great job about saving and recovering projects, and I've never experienced a situation where I completely lost my data or anything of that manner.

Ryan

Adobe opened so many doors when they released Creative Cloud.

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

Overall, I'll continue to use Adobe Creative Cloud. It does have its drawbacks and can be slow when performing certain actions, and it does lock up my computer from time to time, but the amount of value it provides for the small monthly subscription fee is absolutely insane. I've never seen something cost so little but provide so much value in all of my years in the technology industry. It's a must-have for any industry professional, whether creative, technical, or anyone else who has even a small need for Adobe's products.

Pros

- An easy to use application manager that allows you to find, download, and update your Adobe products within seconds (excluding download/install time) from your task bar
- All of Adobe's products at your fingertips, including many that most have never heard of or used (I personally just learned about Adobe XD from their application manager last week and it's extremely useful for prototyping layouts)
- Very affordable subscription. Instead of shelling out an insane amount of money per product, you can subscribe to Creative Cloud and have everything you need and more. Sure, at some point the money you've spent on the subscriptions could surpass just buying the products, but for startups it makes much more sense to go with the subscription option until you've really nailed down what products you need. Personally I've found it makes sense to continue using Creative Cloud even after I could have purchased the products I primarily use because of the additional benefits their subscription provides over purchasing the software outright such as access to their other products without any additional cost.
- Even without using Bridge, everything in your workflow is integrated so well that you can get things done extremely efficiently. This is more of a application-specific pro than a general Creative Cloud benefit, but most applications can be run side-by-side and you can move resources between them as fast as your computer will allow with a couple keypresses, which is amazing.

Cons

- The size of the applications I feel could be reduced, and if they're not using a peer based download platform (even if the "peers" are their own servers) it'd help if they did to save on download and update time, which for some applications, especially the video and animation products, takes forever.
- They really need to figure out what they're doing with Adobe Stock. It's bounced around from being free to having free options to having a free trial to having a set download limit and I've just given up going to Adobe Stock for anything and use other outlets for stock imagery and video. I understand promotions affect this, but what I've noticed is even for paid subscriptions it's been very inconsistent in their approach.
- The application manager could be categorized or laid out better, it's easy to click "Install" on a new application that looks promising but it'd be nice if they sorted everything by the type of output media it creates so that you're not accidentally downloading an outdated Flash product while looking for new animation tools. They've grown quite a bit from Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and Flash so filtering through the tons of tools they have now can be tough if they don't at least hint at what specific software is for.

Coree

I'm on Creative Cloud Nine!

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

I am a photographer and digital designer, so Photoshop is my most used program. I have been wanting to branch out to use Illustrator, and was initially comprehensive about learning the new program. However, with the available tutorials that Adobe makes readily available, my hesitations to learn Illustrator have disappeared. No matter what I need to learn, what task I need to tackle, there is a video to help me along the way. A company that puts that much into making sure their users are comfortable with using their software ranks high on my list any day!

Pros

I was absolutely hesitant moving from the regular suite upgrades to having to pay a monthly subscription for the Adobe programs I use as a photography and digital designer. I put it off as long as possible, because if it's not broke, don't fix it. At least, that WAS my mentality. After my initial few months of the cloud subscription, I was in complete awe. Instead of having to wait a year or eighteen months for upgrades to programs I used, whether it was the tiniest tweak, or adding a new feature all together, I got it immediately. I got it when Adobe was ready to put it out, instead of having to wait. What this means is that Adobe can continue to improve their programs to be more intuitive, include larger samples for selections, and be more specific when selecting, without you having to wait. When an update has been made, BOOM! It's available. And I absolutely LOVE this feature! Well worth switching from the annual upgrades to the monthly subscription platform.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about the Adobe Creative Cloud! Even if you have never used this software before, Adobe has a plethora of videos available to walk you through whatever aspect of design you are working on. From the most basic tasks, to the more time consuming tasks. They truly make it easy to maintain professional grade work with constantly up-to-date software.

20 plus years using Adobe's products, time for a review

Reviewed on 2020/09/16

in 1995, I was introduced to Adobe Photoshop and it's ability to layer compositions and never turned back. I've worked with the best digital retouchers in Germany, Designed along side legends in the beauty industry, and have always pushed the limits of the Adobe software line until Creative Cloud came out. It was the first time I used cloud based software and was amazed by the new features and abilities. For once, I was learning more than doing and the challenge was well worth the switch. my only concern is for the users who do not understand the benefits of the SAAS model and see it as a price barrier. Basically, the Creative Cloud pushed out novice/occasional users as they are not willing to commit to a monthly bill. Other than leaving behind such users, the CC edition of Adobe's software suite has been the leading edge of the creative industry. From Live TV ads, to Print billboards, and catalogs with hundreds of pages, I've been able to do it all thanks to Adobe and their software.

Pros

I love the new cloud-based platform and all the features that come along with it
-Stock imagery flows directly into my projects
-Libraries follow me through my day for each client
-The Pallette based GUI has always been the best on the market
-Customization of key commands was a huge upgrade a while back
-Being able to paste vector forms from AI to PS is awesome

Cons

-AE is always having trouble with my video card even though listed and drivers are updated
-AE often stops rendering previews and I must restart to gain back the ability to preview timeline (related to first item?)
-I would like to see more pricing options for those who don't need the full kit. Example: a small company who cannot afford "Teams" and only needs one seat for design, but needs multiple seats for edits.

Pressilla
  • Industry: Insurance

Lots of Great Functions

Reviewed on 2020/12/27

It is very functional. Many apps to choose from. I realized that the apps are very specific, so if I'm working on a photo or design, I could choose between more than one app for the task. Deciding which app to choose was always dependent on the direction that I needed to go with my design. I was impressed with the quality of the software. Hardly had any glitches.

Pros

The software was very functional with over 20 different apps. This made tasks easier to complete through specific programs. I mostly used the Photoshop and Audition program. Photoshop has many great features for creating designs for my business. The quality was amazing and the more I used it, the smoother the process. It really sparked creativity with the features of lighting, colors, cropping the background from the image and adding your own, and was easy to use with green or white screen. They give a discount if you are a student to make it more affordable. For the vast variety of apps included, the price is worth it if you are in fact using them. My partner loved the In design app for making Ebooks. He found it very useful. The Audition program is very easy and exciting to use. You can record demos, songs, voice overs and much more. The sound quality (which is normally impacted by your input source as well) is very good. The mixing program that is built into the software does a great job with the auto mix features. It also has capabilities for getting rid of background noise which is a huge deal if your not recording in a professional studio. Easy to collaborate with others and lots of storage space for your work.

Cons

It's rather on the expensive side if you only plan on using a few apps. It is definitely not one of the easiest programs to use and does take some getting used to. Editing in Photoshop can sometimes be difficult for beginners. A lot of the features are unique and are not self-explanatory so watching tutorials will help out a lot with getting started. Takes a lot of RAM to run the program on my desktop. It did not work well on my laptop which was a bit disappointing.

Scott
Scott

Adobe Creative Cloud was an ingenius solution to a problem you didn't know existed.

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Adobe Creative Cloud provides me with every tool I need for my daily work in production. I cannot work without it and due to the quality of their products it makes my job easier every day.

Pros

Creative Cloud solved the issue of constantly needing to rebuy your software every few years to get the newest and latest updates. If you worked at a studio that had a newer version of Premiere then you were out of luck when you tried bringing in your project files.

Adobe CC solved this, it's a monthly plan, which some were against, but getting access to the newest features and newest versions of ALL the programs Adobe has to offer is worth the monthly fee.

You're staying up to date. New features, less bugs, constant improvements. These are just to name a few of the highlights of why Adobe CC is great. It gave Adobe a huge increase in cash flow as well so there has been a big upswing in the innovation department. With the newest features on every program making their respective components even higher quality is amazing.

And finally having access to multiple Adobe platforms gives you the opportunity to see just how well they interact within the Adobe ecosystem. Bringing in photoshop files into After effects projects that were extracted from Premiere Pro timelines and then sent to Audition for audio mixing... The entire ecosystem of products just works well together and that's the biggest thing about Adobe that beats out the competitors!

Cons

The only issue I have with Adobe CC is in my field I use only about 60% of the products that come with it... so you could look at it as I am paying for 40% of things I don't use... However you're still saving money rather than buying the software yearly.

Joshua
  • Industry: Biotechnology

All The Tools You Need to be Successful

Reviewed on 2023/01/11

I love Creative Cloud. Because I have access to such strong tools and am only constrained by my own creativity and skill level in using them, Adobe always excites me.

Pros

I absolutely adore Creative Cloud. It offers a wide range of products to meet all of your media production needs, including video editing, marketing, promotional videos, and anything else you can imagine, as well as flyers, websites, commercial ads, and Facebook promotions. Photoshop is my favorite and is where I spend HOURS every other week! On Photoshop, however I can also use Lightroom if I need to brighten or darken a particular area of a picture. Like how you can alter a shirt's hue to fit a person's eye color. You can also work on a portion of a picture in one program, export it to another to finish the project, like I did when I started something in Photoshop and moved it to Ai. I educated myself using the vast collection of tutorials available on YouTube. The alternatives are only limited by your imagination after you get the hang of the tools and capabilities, which required years of experience and a lot of patience.The lasso tool is incredibly useful for picking out intricate shapes and pictures from a photo to place on a simple or unique background. If you're a professional designer, Photoshop is still the only truly outstanding alternative. It is the best available. When working with type, Illustrator excels, and I adore using the art boards to have a variety of designs at my disposal all at once.

Cons

In-Design is the only product in the creative cloud that I haven't really loved that much; I occasionally find it to be pretty challenging to utilize. But that's simply what I think. Really, there aren't too many aspects about Creative Cloud that I dislike. It essentially does everything.If you only intend to use a few apps, it is somewhat pricey. It takes some getting used to and is undoubtedly not one of the simpler apps to use. Photoshop editing can occasionally be challenging for new users. Since many of the functions are special and difficult to understand, watching tutorials will be quite helpful when starting started. The program uses a lot of RAM on my PC to run. My laptop had trouble with it, which was a little disappointing.

Brandon
Brandon

Still some of the best software available

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

Adobe CC allows me to be affective at my work and provide a wide range of services.

Pros

Adobe CC has a solid offering of apps, my favorites being: XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, After Effects, and Acrobat.

There's been a flurry of new products enter the design scene over the past couple years. I made a serious attempt to find substitutes for most of the Adobe CC programs I use in order to reduce my monthly expenses. In the end, each program I tried was just slightly lacking in key functionality compared to Adobe's programs.

In particular, one of Adobe's newest programs, Adobe XD, has shown that they do understand how to create fast, intuitive programs. While it's taking a long time to add the functionality everyone wants, it's given me confidence in Adobe and what we can expect from them in the future.

Cons

With the amazing results Adobe has achieved in XD, it's disappointing to see zero change in how Illustrator operates. Illustrator is old, heavy, and buggy by comparison. Occasionally Illustrator will ask me to rate my experience and provide feedback. I've stopped providing feedback as the bugs I've reported have never been fixed. There are bugs from over four years ago which were going to be "high priority", after spending over an hour on the phone with support, that have yet to be addressed.

From what I can tell, Adobe is looking to the future (and doing a great job) but is regrettably leaving some of their older products to sit in the dust.

---

While the SaaS model is unpleasant in some respects, I'll admit that it's nice to always have the most up to date version of each app.

Their month by month pricing is considerably more expensive than their annual contract. This makes it difficult to justify using Adobe CC except by purchasing all the apps