MailBird

Email management software to synchronize communications

Stacy M.
  • Industry: Events Services

Inbox zero!

Reviewed on 2019/09/15

Mailbird gives me what other desktop email programs didn't, a chance to stay on top of my emails. It's fast and with the unified mailbox, emails don't get lost in the shuffle. When my team first switched, we were able to import all the email settings from the other mail program we were using. Setup was instant!

Pros

The best thing about this software is the unified inbox. I have twelve email addresses, and when using other similar desktop email software, I would have to click on each email address to view the inbox of each. With this, it combines all the new email together, which helps to keep on top of all my emails.

Cons

The desktop software is spot on, it is hard to find a fault. My only wish is that there was a mobile version of this software for my phone.

Andrea R.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Google users, beware...

Reviewed on 2019/12/29

Lots of eye candy and an apparently sound and robust engine. Still, some key functions were missing for me (Google calendars in the first place), so I moved on to a different software. But you may want to have a look for yourselves.

Pros

A very pleasant user interface, brilliant layout and use of colors. Attachment management is also impressive (you can preview attachments from all messages in one place, scroll through them, search them, etc.). Multiple accounts can be accommodated easily into a single inbox, each one with its own colors and icons.

Cons

Although they advertise the ability to integrate Google services, such as calendars, this is not working for most users (meaning all users for which Google has banned generic browsers). Accordingly, you cannot integrate your Google calendar in Mailbird, something that was not clearly explained on their website.

Taylor B.

Mailbird is a great non-MS alternative to Outlook.

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Extremely happy. I use it everyday, I've sent the 'try me out' link to my coworkers because I love the program so much, which I almost never do. Try it out, see if it's for you. Email clients are often deeply personal things, and it's hard to quantify why one 'works' for you but not another. In this case it worked very well and I highly recommend giving it a try.

Pros

I love the clean design, the robust interoperability between POP and other email formats. It's extremely customizable with a good-sized ecosystem of add-on extensions and tools such as a Calendar app, a Toggl app for tracking time, and even one for Todoist to manage tasks.

There are 'folders' for organizing (as opposed to 'tabs' like Gmail has, which has always sort of conceptually lost me.) It docks to the desktop well and unobtrusively, in addition to many little things that just make it a great user experience.

The cost was absolutely phenomenal; I forget exactly what I paid but I got an amazing deal on a lifetime license last year, and I've never regretted the purchase.

Cons

This is more a gripe about email clients in general; it does not have the ability to define 'rules', which is the one thing that kept me in Outlook far longer than I ever should have. This is something that is pretty rare to find in email clients as a whole, so it's not a huge knock on Mailbird. It would be really nice though someday!

Most reliable Gmail client

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

Very good. My daily native email driver. Light years better than Thunderbird and Outlook for Gmail.

Pros

Closest thing to an official native desktop client for Gmail. Connects and syncs quickly and easily. Replicates most (nearly all, with a few exceptions) of Gmail's features, including shortcut keys. Simple, logical UI very similar to Gmail.

Cons

* Need support for other email clients so you can merge email.
* If you accidentally move mail out of Sent Mail, you cannot move it back in (this is a bug and they know about it, but it has not been fixed). On Gmail, you cannot move mail out of Sent Mail, which is how Mailbird should behave.
* There are minor UI quirks that should be addressed. For example, right-click does not always bring up the correct context menu (it will often bring up Print instead of Spelling, for example).
* Doesn't support email sorting, the #1 gripe people have with Gmail. On Outlook, for example, you can sort your Gmail (but overall, Outlook is weak with Gmail).

Jonathon J.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Great software!

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

I have loved this program from the first time I installed it. Setup is easy, account setup wizard is a great and easy walkthrough, and it handles IMAP accounts with ease.

Pros

I have multiple accounts, personal and professional, all in one place. Outlook does now configure for some email servers, but this program come pre-configured with the correct protocols for all of the major web based email servers.

Cons

No direct interface with Antivirus. The program does not have an available interface that antivirus programs can use to pre-screen emails for viruses.

Philip K.
  • Industry: Restaurants

THE BEST EMAIL CLIENT THERE IS, WITHOUT DOUBT

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

10/10 Seriously. Stop vacillating and get Mailbird.

Pros

I've used pretty much all of them over the last thirty years. Mailbird is far and away the best. Pure and simple. Easy to set up. Supremely functional. Clean and delightful. You will love it. I have many email addresses and many personalities - easy for Mailbird. You won't be disappointed, even if you have Gmail already!

Cons

I can't think of any cons about Mailbird. I have never said, 'Oooh, I wish Mailbird had this." This is a superb product. Superb, I tell you.

Eric P.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

I love this email client!

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

Mailbird help me organize my various email accounts and gives me the ability to have them all in my place. This really provides easy access to my mails, help me quickly access and send emails and ensures I don't miss any emails.

Pros

The first then I'll mention is that Mailbird us pretty easy to use.
Another thing is the various add-ons that can be enabled. They make the user experience even more satisfying.
I also like that there's a dark mode. It makes it easy to use it at night.
The snooze option is another feature I love and use quite often.

Cons

I've never had any issues with this software. Works perfectly for me.

Jason L.

A Great Email Client

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

I love using Mailbird and have paid for pro versions of its application on every computer I own.

Pros

Mailbird can truly be an all in one productivity solution for you and your business. It integrates email, Evernote, Todoist, and more into a single application that easy to learn and fun to use.

Cons

One of the only things I wish Mailbird had was the ability to have multiple email signatures that can be switched through from a single email address.

Dave R.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Gotta Love It !!!

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

My experience with Mailbird has been great. Before I bought it, I couldn't figure something out and so I contacted Mailbird and sure enough, the next time I opened the app there was a very easy to follow answer from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] waiting for me. I did not have to wait long for an answer.

Pros

The features. There is a feature for everything under the sun. Although I'm a pretty basic person, I do have a calendar installed.

Cons

No least about it. I love how straight forward everything is.

Gene B.
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

The Best E-mail app on Windows

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

Pros

Making the transition from Mac to PC can be a bit shocking. Often windows applications lack the elegant design or simplicity in the interface. MailBird’s clean and customizable design makes checking e-mail so much nicer. In addition, it’s integration with other software means you almost never need to launch other applications.

Cons

This is a bit nitpicking since most other email applications do not even connect with other apps, but I wish it had a few more integrations.

Miljenko B.

Can't work without it anymore!

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

Pros

Mailbird is a great Windows app for mailing. It works without a hiccup and it doesn't eat resources. I've integrated Mailbird with 10+ email addresses and it really makes life easier.

I can recommend it to everyone. It's dirt cheap, I'm surprised it's a one-time purchase. The [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is making updates every month or two. This is a fully-featured app and mailbox.

Go get it!

Cons

There isn't anything bad I can tell about this app. It's brilliant!

David M.

Awesome Windows Desktop E-mail Client for all Major Services.

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

I have had a great expereinces witthe product and sservice. that tI have received

Pros

I love how you can have all of your disparet e-mail accounts and sservicess under one roof. You can have your Outlook Mail, Gmail, Yahoo, and AOl/AIM, along with your calender, Facebook, and other online sservices.

Cons

Well for multiple e-mail accounts and extensive ssupport, there isa cost. Secondly, you cannot makee your, own custome color schemes or themes.

Fernanda C.

Best designed email management I've used

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

Great deal for a lifetime license!

Pros

Mailbird is great for people, like me, that have to manage multiple accounts. You can easily see in the unified inbox new mail tagged and highlighted to each account. This is the most important feature for me, and helped a lot on my time management aswell.
It has a lot of useful integrations that makes it the most important app in my workflow - where I can see basically everything I have to use during the whole day.

Cons

The most interesting features are in the premium version, maybe the free one could offer at least two accounts inbox. Also, I have seen some emails arriving disconfigurated, maybe the way the HTML/CSS reads at the platform is not 100% yet.

Rob C.

Really impressive desktop email

Reviewed on 2019/10/13

I have two personal email addresses and two business email addresses that I use throughout my day, and having them all accessible in one place - no need to manually switch accounts or run multiple browser tabs - is just great. That the Mailbird window also offers easy access to other apps I use frequently; like Slack, Drive, Dropbox, and others; just sweetens the deal, and saves me even more time.

Pros

Not only does Mailbird put all your email accounts into a common window, but it also lets you incorporate other chat and productivity tools into the same space. With good customization options to let you set all of this up in Mailbird for a personalized workflow, using this app should only result in improvements to efficiency.

Cons

It's tough to switch away from working in your browser after years of having done so. Gmail is a great tool in its own right, and Mailbird doesn't offer a ton more in terms of features or experience as compared to the refined basics you get directly from Google. I don't always remember, frankly, that I have Mailbird. Once I do remember, though, I do switch over.

Peter M.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Excellent mail program

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

Well worth the purchase price. Even the free version is good, which I used for several weeks before upgrading.

Pros

It integrates all my accounts in an easy format. Allowing separation or integration of inboxes as I need. Making storage folders is easy. The system works really well with my Gmail accounts.

Cons

Nothing. It has a lot of features I don't use.

Amit K.

Best Alternative of Outlook

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

I have used this from last few years and it;s work awesome for me. Configuration and mail setup is very easy in this.

Pros

I like it's user interface and the way it work. And best part is, it provide intragration of other apps like WhatsApp, Google Calendar, Evernote etc.

Cons

Missing the backup button that automatically provide you a copy of mails.

Gayantha D.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great Mail Client

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

Pros

I have used Mailbird for over 2 years and still, I am using it for my company. It's very easy to use and it facilitates connection with other apps. so it's very easy all the apps in one place. I recommend it to anybody who searching for a mail client.

Cons

Nothing wrong at all with the price I paid.

Chase G.
  • Industry: Building Materials

The Outlook killer. Modern. Clean. Refreshing new take on an email client.

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

Much cheaper than Outlook. Lifetime license. Better functionality than Outlook (e.g. keyboard shortcuts, snoozing, integrations).

Pros

Everything you need is combined into one app. It basically creates mini-web pages that you can quickly toggle to. You can integrate Slack, Google Drive, Google Docs. Google Calendar, Asana, Feedly, Trello, Todoist, Hangouts, Keep, Facebook, and Chrome, just to name a few. It works best with Gmail, but it can also handle Exchange.

Snooze emails - you know when you get an email that wants a response, but either now is not a good time, or maybe you need more information before you can answer, or perhaps you need to hear from someone else before you can respond back. Snooze will allow you to set a reminder to respond to that emails at a later time when you think you might have an answer.

The price is good and they usually have good deals, especially if you act in the first few hours.

Cons

It doesn't work (or at least I haven't really figure it out) with Exchange/Office 365 calendars. There are some things you can do in your O365 settings to create the calendar's URL, but it's only a one-way deal. You can't create calendars entries that sync back with O365.

It would also be nice if Mailbird was available for Mac, iOS, Android, and especially ChromeOS.

Tony S.
  • Industry: Publishing

Simple, clean, efficient

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

I have a bunch of email accounts serving various aspects of my personal and business directions. Mailbird effectively and efficiently meets those needs.

Pros

It's much better than the program that comes with Windows 10 which was slow and frustrating. Mailbird lets me access a number of email accounts serving different aspects of my life and work projects. It's quick and uncomplicated. It was designed and maintained by people who understand the basic concepts of communications.

Cons

They had some early growing pains in their marketing outreach but got through them quickly.

Bima n. A.

Easy Manage w/ Add-on

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Recommended if want easy manage email with some addon.
1+ years. I trying with no problem for handling my all email.

Pros

I have pro version.
1. Very Usefull for manage with 5 or more email in one app
2. Light Ram Used
3. Add-on very usefull
4. Easy update without uninstall
5. Have whatsapp addon and can separate

Cons

I have pro version.
1. No Addon LINE
2. Sometime launching got bugged like a freeze
3. No instant open for move tabbed.

Jonathan C.

All in one place

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

Mailbird is updating frecuently, if there are a problem, in few days they release an update to fix it

Pros

Email accounts in one place.
Easy to use and configure.
Conect with social networks

Cons

Nothing! This software is the best! A great option

• Industry: Management Consulting

Great email solution to Outlook

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

Great experience and worth the price

Pros

This product has great functionality and is a great substitute for Outlook .
Lots of integrations.

Cons

Have to login back in to Google calendar to often

Deb G.

If you are new to email, ignore my review. If you are very used to Outlook AVOID this product.

Reviewed on 2020/01/17

I am frustrated every day and wholeheartedly regret that I did not invest in the program that I was used to, Outlook. I tried to cancel and get back my investment, but I was two weeks too late. I got a note back from a manager basically saying, too bad for you...

Pros

If you are new to email, ignore my review, you probably like the many positive features of the program and do not know or will not be bothered by my Cons. Like many reviewers said the program is beautiful, colorful, and has a nice video game feel. The icons are easy to understand and work quickly within the program.

Cons

If you are a 20 year MS Outlook user like me, I don't care how cute my email is, I need it to be functional. Frustration starts in that the inbox scrolls in the opposite direction of most everything else on the internet. Adds a step. Replied to emails disappear into the sent message and I can only retrieve them by opening up my server page. Adds several steps. There is no advanced search. The search function is incapable of searching only one folder (e.g. inbox only) so to clean out my inbox ADDS SEVERAL STEPS.

Maria joão A.

My main e-mail software

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

I love it, been using it for years.

Pros

It's easy to use, light, and I can use it with my multiple email accounts.

Cons

I like everything. That's not a single thing I dislike.

Bob M.
  • Industry: Military

Excellent !

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Very positive !!

Pros

Easy to use and it's ability to download multiple e-mail addresses.

Cons

Lack of emoticons , and your ability to customize the pages. ( Stationary )