Mailbird

Email management software to synchronize communications

Tomas
Tomas
  • Industry: Market Research

If you want a solid, easy email management tool, this is it. Plus no more Outlook.

Reviewed on 2022/09/10

Very happy with the performance of the software, the simple process and I love the ability to "see" all the important stuff clearly and quickly. The calendar integration is great, so no double checking on different apps and the tracking and filter options are great. Will recommend it to anyone that doesn't want big names to manage their email.

Pros

What I like most is the ability qto manage all my 6 accounts in one place. Plus features like the Time settings to send the email or the tracking of emails are good decision breakers. I wanted out of Outlook this was a charm.

Cons

Maybe the left bar of the account icons, if too many some are not seen directly.p

Cameron
  • Industry: Design

Great for micro businesses

Reviewed on 2023/02/06

Love that it's simplified, love that I can customize and add other communication apps like Teams, Slack, etc. but it needs less 'all Google' and more options for MS365 users...give people actual options, unlike every other tool out there (all google focused) - not every micro business likes Google!!!!

Pros

Super easy to use, setup, and keep all communication tools in one place

Cons

HATE, HATE, HATE that its Google focused - not everyone likes Google - please make more features available for Microsoft 365 users!!! Like SharePoint, Word, Excel, etc. as an app option! Stop with Google crap!

Elias
Elias

Not a Mailbird Lifetime Deal - Be Aware!

Reviewed on 2023/11/06

In conclusion, although I appreciate the improvements in Mailbird 3, the unanticipated additional cost has left me feeling disappointed and disillusioned with the brand. I hope Mailbird addresses this issue and considers its loyal customers who invested in the previous lifetime deal.

Pros

As a user of Mailbird 2, I was genuinely excited when I purchased the lifetime deal. The promise of a one-time payment for continuous access to their excellent app was a deal I couldn't pass up. Mailbird 2 has been my reliable companion, streamlining my email management with its intuitive interface and robust features.

However, my enthusiasm has been dampened by the latest development. The introduction of Mailbird 3, undeniably a more advanced and promising version, has come with an unexpected twist. The lifetime deal that I had happily invested in for Mailbird 2 no longer applies to this new upgrade.

Cons

Having to pay again for Mailbird 3 feels like a betrayal of the trust I put in the "lifetime" deal for Mailbird 2. The term "lifetime" implies a long-term commitment, which I assumed would include subsequent versions of the software. However, it appears this is not the case.

While I understand that the development and maintenance of new software require resources and hence, costs, it's disappointing to face another payment request after purchasing what was marketed as a lifetime deal.

Andrea
  • Used for Free Trial

Google users, beware...

Reviewed on 2019/12/29

Lots of eye candy and an apparently sound and robust engine. Still, some key functions were missing for me (Google calendars in the first place), so I moved on to a different software. But you may want to have a look for yourselves.

Pros

A very pleasant user interface, brilliant layout and use of colors. Attachment management is also impressive (you can preview attachments from all messages in one place, scroll through them, search them, etc.). Multiple accounts can be accommodated easily into a single inbox, each one with its own colors and icons.

Cons

Although they advertise the ability to integrate Google services, such as calendars, this is not working for most users (meaning all users for which Google has banned generic browsers). Accordingly, you cannot integrate your Google calendar in Mailbird, something that was not clearly explained on their website.

Christopher J
Christopher J
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Best Minimal Non Bloated Windows Email Client

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Love this program, just wish it was ported to android as well. This fixes all the issues I have with Outlook, namely a clean, minimal interface and super quick functionality.

Pros

So Outlook is horrible. Bloated with useless features, slow, ugly, it's the worst. Mailbird is simple, which makes it fast. It has global keyboard shortcuts so you can send an email at any point in your workflow. The UX is clean and distraction free. And one of the best features, omni-inbox. Having all my emails go to one place makes managing email so easy.

Cons

Kind of a con, if you want to connect more than 3 email accounts you need to subscribe. Still, the price is affordable so not the worst thing. Also sometimes it bugs out with my outlook email accounts, I will repeatedly get error warnings, but I am still able to receive and send emails with the account, not sure what that's about.

Rafa
Rafa
  • Industry: Entertainment

All your email accounts and your social networks on a single screen

Reviewed on 2023/07/04

It saves me a lot of time, seriously.

It saves me a lot of time, seriously.

Pros

It greatly streamlines the task of managing my professional contacts on a day-to-day basis. It has become an essential app for me.

Cons

Perhaps the speed of operation is a bit of a weak point of this software. Although by no means is it serious enough not to use it. When this aspect is improved it will become, in my opinion, the market leader.

Giacomo

Great app for managing email

Reviewed on 2023/10/14

Pros

With Mailbird I can manage both mail and other very useful apps for my work from a single program without having to always change the work window.

Cons

it might be easier to customize but that's not a big deal

Stephen
  • Industry: Music

The only real option for managing multiple email, contact and calendar services from one tool

Reviewed on 2023/08/10

Intuitive... it just gets out of the way!

Intuitive... it just gets out of the way!

Pros

The ability to easily and ergonomically harmonise numerous contact, calendar and email sources across Google Workspace and Microsoft is unparalleled.

Cons

Maybe a unified mail folder structure feature would be helpful, but with full Google-style shortcut support you do not really notice this.

Gary V
Gary V

Great Product

Reviewed on 2023/10/14

Pros

All my social media accounts, calendar and apps in the sidebar. Saves time because everything is there at a glance.

Cons

Nothing to not like. What more can I say!

Wayne
  • Industry: Accounting

Version 3.0 violates my original license agreement

Reviewed on 2023/11/16

Good until v 3.0. The interface was very good for users with only one email address.

Pros

I used to like their purchase once, and get lifetime updates license.

Cons

I had a perpetual lifetime license but after the latest update, they are trying to force me to subscribe!! I think a class action lawsuit may be in order.

John

Bells and whistles. Pay them for an app then help them with R&D for free. Waste of time and...

Reviewed on 2022/10/20

horrible, frustrating, waste of time, waste of money. Big on promises, poor on delivery.

Pros

nothing at all. Oh, hang on, there was one thing... uninstalling.

Cons

unstable, support enquiry leads to end user fault - not cool.

Response from Mailbird

Hi John,

We're naturally very sorry indeed that you have had a bad experience. It pains us to learn of any scenario where a customer feels let down.

I am unable to find your support tickets by using the information provided in this review, but if you would like a second pair of eyes to take a look at your case, please don't hesitate to email the Mailbird Customer Happiness Manager at the following email address: [email protected]

He will be more than happy to look at everything once again if you're still interested in giving Mailbird another go.

Thanks for trying us out all the same.

The Mailbird Team

Gerald
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Ongoing problem connecting to our ISP's imap server when trying to send emails. DOVECOT...

Reviewed on 2022/06/20

Bad, we own 6 or more seats of the business version and this is happening on all the seats. We are experts at removing email account from Mailbird and re installing them to the point that I have memorized at least 4 of our emails passwords which are 12+ characters in length with many strange characters.

Pros

Easy to use and when it works it is great sad thing is that there is a problem sending emails and we are told it is our ISP who uses DOVECOT. This does not make sense as we then subscribed to smtp2go which is a totally different systema and we have the same ongoing issue. We have sent 20 or more .log files as this is what support require and each and every response has stated that we must change the connections to 1 and set the download to manual not auomatic. I have 10+ copies of the exact same canned response which ofcourse does nothing to resolve the problem. Compose email, click send and a day later it is still sitting in the drafts folder. GRRRR

Cons

The fact that there appears to be an inherent problem with the SMTP portion of this program, been like this since day one and the company is doing absolutely nothing to resolve this problem. The only way to get these stuck emails to send is to press Ctrl+Shift, click on hamburger menu, then click on debug, the program restarts and then when it reloads the email sends, of course the .log file most probably shows nothing is awry because now the email is sending..

Natesh
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Natesh Feedback on mailbird

Reviewed on 2023/02/17

Simply wonderful

Simply wonderful

Pros

Integration with other applications like WhatsApp, google docs and google sheets

Cons

You can have tables to compose emails and also you cannot select multiple emails to forward to people and export all emails to archive. They should have pst export or archive feature.

Postbox

brad
  • Industry: Photography

Support VERY BAD

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

I ended up fixed my problems myself..nothing to do with anti virus/firewalls as I was told multiple times! The first request for help was over a month ago and an endless back and forth of generic emails blaming my firewalls (WHICH WAS NOT THE PROBLEM) ended in me finding a new email provider in the short term to be bale to function while I waited and waited and WAITED for a generic response with a wrong answer.

I have to say I am VERY DISAPPOINTED with the lack of support (Long waits for a reply to just say "we haven't forgotten about you" and then days later only receive a generic email that just keeps telling me its my ant virus/firewall??!! Its just not good enough and a bit ridiculous really as email is very important and when its not working you have a FAST response (live chat even) and more one to one personal attention.
I sent "Logs twice as they had asked me to do and they came back with no answers (turned out my password was incorrect but this was never even something they considering asking me to check..it was all about my antiviurs or fiirewalls which was had been turned off already but thats what they kept saying it was!)
I have a full membership but will not be recommending it to anyone as the support is so bad and generic and unhelpful.

Regards, Brad

Pros

It works ok sometimes what else do I need to say, this is not a good review

Cons

When it DOESNT WORK your on your own as Support is just generic emails that take days to reply and just give you generic answers that dont even work..shameful

Ridwan
Ridwan
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Most beautiful email client with popular software integration

Reviewed on 2022/01/25

Overall I am a Fan of Mailbird. It delivers what it is supposed to deliver beautifully. I would recommend anyone to get Mailbird. You will love it when you will be able to handle multiple tools from a single place.

Pros

Mailbird is my favorite mail client from the time they were just starting up. They show all your emails from a nice and clean layout. I also like their skins so much. Mailbird gave me no trouble when I connected it with my office mail whereas Outlook 16 needed a lot of troubleshooting with the app password. Moreover, I could access my Whatsapp, Google Drive, Trello board all from the same place.

Cons

Sometimes I miss a note-taking feature in Mailbird. Another thing I miss is a web panel to check my emails. I need to check mail from my office but as I have a single license and don't want to install Mailbird on my office computer (It has my sensitive login info) A web panel could have helped.

Kimary

Dissatisfied. Took a few weeks to experience many program deficiencies & they refused to...

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

Very disappointing. Did much work to set up folders and bring over saved e-mails and get all my contacts transferred just to find Mailbird lacking basic features that have been around for over a decade in other FREE emails.

Pros

Now that I've switched I've found more deficiencies in their design than good. I guess the best so far was customer service helped my husband figure out how to import my 900 contacts from my former Live Mail. And their service reps are pleasant and easy to understand but they can't help you much because the program is so limited. But they are very pleasant when they tell you "Mailbird can't do that" to most the service requests I've made.

Cons

If you do a search of your e-mails you cannot erase in search mode. Meaning once the temporary need to retain emails on a certain topic expires you can search and SEE the dozens of emails you are now ready to erase but you can't erase them. One must write down all the dates or just manually scroll through to erase ONE AT A TIME. Major program flaw. Also you can't decrease the amount of space between returns, & there is no condensed font so if you compose things people will need to print out it will annoyingly take extra paper and ink to print. The bottom line is that my former FREE email was capable of so many basic things mail bird is not capable of and took more than a little over 14 days to experience each limitation as I had need to use the feature. So now I have to waste the money I paid for Mailbird and go to a more progressed e-mail design and I'm not even done moving everything to Mailbird yet.

Ninos
Ninos

After trying different email clients, MailBird is our choice

Reviewed on 2021/12/03

Overall i'm happy with MailBird..
It's easy to manage multiple email accounts (Google, Hotmail,...

Overall i'm happy with MailBird..
It's easy to manage multiple email accounts (Google, Hotmail, and SMTP..)
It has all the right features, and it's clean UI..
Coming from Outlook.. it's a fresh experience.

Pros

I like that it's light-weight, compared to Outlook which I've been using for years.

Mailbird makes connecting accounts easy, has integrations with different apps, (whatsapp, messenger, Slack..) and recently native Grammarly integration.

When conducting a search, the search view remains saved as a "folder tab" to easily access it . Unlike Outlook, once you navigate away, the search result disappears.

Deleting an open conversation will delete the email from the inbox.. Outlook doesn't do that.
I find this useful when quickly going through several emails.

Cons

* I wish they would develop a mobile app version of MailBird!
* Not able to customise the display font-size.. (not Email typography)

Deb

If you are new to email, ignore my review. If you are very used to Outlook AVOID this product.

Reviewed on 2020/01/17

I am frustrated every day and wholeheartedly regret that I did not invest in the program that I was used to, Outlook. I tried to cancel and get back my investment, but I was two weeks too late. I got a note back from a manager basically saying, too bad for you...

Pros

If you are new to email, ignore my review, you probably like the many positive features of the program and do not know or will not be bothered by my Cons. Like many reviewers said the program is beautiful, colorful, and has a nice video game feel. The icons are easy to understand and work quickly within the program.

Cons

If you are a 20 year MS Outlook user like me, I don't care how cute my email is, I need it to be functional. Frustration starts in that the inbox scrolls in the opposite direction of most everything else on the internet. Adds a step. Replied to emails disappear into the sent message and I can only retrieve them by opening up my server page. Adds several steps. There is no advanced search. The search function is incapable of searching only one folder (e.g. inbox only) so to clean out my inbox ADDS SEVERAL STEPS.

Christian
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Easiest and most full featured e-mail manager that I've found.

Reviewed on 2018/01/09

Pros

Customer support is good. They are constantly making improvements. When I purchased, I had the option to buy it for life. The program easily manages all of my e-mail accounts. The settings for the program and for individual accounts are extensive. My favorite feature would have to be how easy it is to setup accounts. Many programs (especially from Microsoft) require a person to know all of the right settings. You can certainly edit those in Mailbird, but often don't need to.

Cons

There are periodic glitches with updates. The latest was the inability to scroll through messages using the mouse wheel. These things often get fixed eventually, but they are usually simple things that I use regularly so it is a nuisance. Many of the symbols are confusing. Not a big deal once you learn the product, but they aren't intuitive.

Very easy to use cheap mail exchange for desktop

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

Pros

-Very easy to use
-Gmail keyboard shortcut just makes the email reading in a breeze.
-Easy to manage accounts.
-Nice dashboard and design.
-Integrations allow users to not leave the app so you can see your calendar and docs.
-Undo sent email is a lifesaver.

Cons

-Search option is not good. It needs to improve.
-The attachments are stored separately and cannot edit when you open them. This loses us time when we edit or sign a paper.
-Limited background and color options.

Nicholas
  • Industry: Research

One of the best clients on Windows

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

I've tried a number of clients before settling with this one. I heard Thunderbird is among the most popular, but it's nothing compared to Mailbird. I love using it.

Pros

Linking different e-mails is easy, as is sending from different e-mails. The search availability is useful, and I like how it displays your most recent search history. It has also a friendly interface - not too cluttered, but not over simplified either.

Cons

With the updated availability to review Google Sheets/docs directly in the e-mail, this limits my ability to multi-task, i.e., I cannot review other e-mails while viewing a Google Sheets document. I find myself often copying the link and then pasting it in my browser instead, because there's currently no way to 'opt out' of this option.
I would like to be able to categorize my 'starred' emails.
The availability to access your two most recent searches, rather than one, would make it more useful.

Gary

Mailbird to the Rescue

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

As noted above, I was looking for a solution for an offline email client. I wanted to try out clients before settling on a particular client. Mailbird free version gave me the opportunity to test the software for my needs before making an investment. Mailbird was easy to set up.
i did have issues with syncing at times, but the help notes gave me a suggested solution and have not had a problem since.

Pros

I needed to find an offline mail client to access my AOL mail and be able to respond offline to send later.
I wanted to have access to my contacts and be able to send group emails, changing groups as needed easily and quickly.

Cons

Sometimes syncing is an issue, but that may be due to the different internet connections while traveling.

Jonathon
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Great software!

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

I have loved this program from the first time I installed it. Setup is easy, account setup wizard is a great and easy walkthrough, and it handles IMAP accounts with ease.

Pros

I have multiple accounts, personal and professional, all in one place. Outlook does now configure for some email servers, but this program come pre-configured with the correct protocols for all of the major web based email servers.

Cons

No direct interface with Antivirus. The program does not have an available interface that antivirus programs can use to pre-screen emails for viruses.

Juan Franco

If there's one email client that made my life easier?

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

It made managing emails enjoyable and with the intuitive controls and UI/UX design, it's not that hard to notice. They also give bang for your buck when you subscribe to their premium package. I've been using it since 2017 and intend to use it longer.

Pros

This would be it. I've tried other email clients and this was by far the easiest to install and sync all my accounts. Working with different email addresses in work and personal with Mailbird made everything seamless. Their customer service is also top notch. The updates are delivered in a timely manner and they care about their clients so much. And the GoT themes? Just WOW!

Cons

To be honest, there wasn't. It was my fault on why I my personal website's email wouldn't sync. As far as cons go, there is none that I've encountered.

Mehmetali

Most Functional E-Mail Client

Reviewed on 2019/08/05

I have never used another e-mail client, since I met Mailbird. I hope thats enough.

Pros

I have been reaching my e-mail account by Web browser for along time. I discover Mailbird and everything changed. Most functional e-mail client I have use ever. User interface is so simplificative. It has not so many buttons on UI like others. Interface not exhausting for eyes. Especially Ideal for intensive works. You can focus directly e-mail contents. Dark Theme and many extensions makes it more cool.

Cons

Twitter extension does not work and internal İnternet browser should be more functional.