Showing 172 reviews of 158

FortiClient

Endpoint protection software with behavior-based analytics

Showing 172 reviews of 158
Bryce K.

Necessity in this Virtual World

Reviewed on 2021/02/24

Overall, this program and others like it are a necessity in this always increasing virtual world. I would definitely recommend if you need a remote connection service.

Pros

Ever since Covid-19 and the whole world had to adapt to an ever increasingly virtual world, FortiClient has become a necessity! It provides me and my company with internet access to our remote VPN server. We all are able now to work from home while still having the readily connection to the office.

Cons

It is not a perfect connection always. There are some times when the network gets a little shaky or it kicks me off the server. Also it interrupts video chat meetings when I try to connect to the server during one.

Shushant P.

Forti Client Review

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

Good experience with FortiClient. Very simple, easy, and reliable.

Pros

Forticlient user interface is very simple and easy to use for new users. Connecting to a VPN service is so easy and fast from FortiClient

Cons

A proper quick tour or guide after opening the software would be very good for new users.

Juan V.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

forticlient in innovation

Reviewed on 2020/11/03

I can say that it is a very practical application, especially if you need to connect to a server which does not have more licenses, you just have to generate a user for your VPN and the access problem is solved.

Pros

It is a very generous tool, since with it you can connect to a server as if it were locally, it allows you to share its resources without problems.

Cons

A great disadvantage of this tool is the limit that one can have with the internet, this means that if your internet is too bad, the connection will be too slow, which generates some annoyance in users, since the tool is very dependent of that resource as such

Tito P.

Easy Connectivity and Deployment

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

This has become our solution for all of our departments needing to isolate and work remotely. It allows us to connect to our secure environments to access private resources without being forced to push our assets public that need to be protected. Overall a great product.

Pros

Working remotely a product like this is a must. We can connect direct to our closed network, and do everything needed to be productive. The connection is stable, and very little speed is lost.

Cons

Some of the advanced features that we feel should be available are not unless we pay more money. I would say the cost vs. what you get is a little unbalanced.

Thayanne M.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

AFE AND EASY TO HANDLE

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

I used the VPN, but it was very bureaucratic step by step, I had to keep saving ID, then log in, finally a technician from the company indicated me the fortcliente to work for the notebook anywhere and I find it very easy.

Pros

It´s safe, it has integrated VPN, great to be used for remote connection mainly when we start working with corporate computers at home.

Cons

Sometimes the connection goes down and you have to log in again because it does not save the access login.

Madhav P.
  • Industry: Banking

Why FortiClient?

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

My overall experience with FortiClient was quite good.

Pros

FortiClient is platform independent software. I used FortiClient on windows and linux and found FortiClient very easy to setup and configure and easy to use also.

Cons

No such features i don't like about FortiClient. It's working fine for me and serving my purposes.

Wilfrido E.
  • Industry: Accounting

An additional level of protection for our corporate communications.

Reviewed on 2021/02/28

Talking about FortiClient is knowing that you have one of the leading solutions in the market, giving us peace of mind in the transmission of our information and helping greatly in obtaining management certifications such as ISO 27001. The cost is affordable if you compare it with the tranquility or the possible damage of a problem that compromises your data or those of the clients.

Pros

At the firm we handle a high amount of sensitive and confidential financial information in our operation, in the past we have received attempted computer attacks that fortunately did not represent a damage to our reputation, but we were uneasy if it were to be repeated. Since we implemented the FortiNet solution, we have greater peace of mind that our information and communications are kept private and secure.

Cons

The implementation time and the level of the people responsible for the deployment and management must be sufficient to have a satisfactory experience, in our case we had problems in the complexity of integrating with our network and other software.

• Industry: Hospitality

FortiClient review

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

One of the main business problems has solved for us in our company using FortiClient is that any time we can rely on the VPN for quick connections and get into the server is assist out client whenever in need. We have solved support tickets much faster after using FortiClient.

Pros

I have been using FortiClient for over 6 months for accessing one of my clients' hosted servers, mainly for updating our Application on their server so they can get the up to date features to utilize our BI tool. FortiClient has some many features such as; Endpoint protection with two-factor authentication I can sign on to remotely access the server, Secondly, FortiClient has a file browser window to find for any location of the file, File transfers, chat window and much more. Third, FortiClient offers a system scan of local pc to look for any threats that might hijack the server, but mostly FortiClient shows me possible exploits before infecting file and registries. Lastly, VPN logging provides a detail report of who accessed the server and the information of the user.

Cons

I guess nothing that comes to mind of any negative review in my case using FortiClient.

Shawn B.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

FortiClient

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

Overall FortiClient has served this company well with zero complaints.

Pros

FortiClient is FortiGate's SSLVPN client to securely connect remote employees to your network. We've used FortiGate firewall appliances for years. We have nearly half of our sales force scattered across North America and have always relied on FortiClient to securely connect them to our network wherever they are. Easy to setup, deploy, and maintain.

Cons

No real cons. The software does what it's supposed to do and does it well. On occasion users have reported a slow connection but that's more related to their internet connection (hotel, rural) rather than the software.

Serge S.
  • Industry: Printing

Great VPN client with lots of security features

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

Pros

For most Fortigate customers, Forticlient is granted. It is a great VPN client, very stable and with great features (ie. automatic reconnect, AD integration at Fortigate level, …). It also is integrated with the security features (antivirus, firewall, …). I am not sure Forticlient is to be used by non Fortinet customers; but it should bring every IT Manager to look into Fortinet as their firewall solution!

Cons

Finding updates on their website not always intuitive! Lacks a bit of central management (or I did not find out how to do it).

Arun R.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Forticlient Review

Reviewed on 2020/02/07

Very good. VPN is quick and stable. Has endpoint security and protection.

Pros

Easy to use and download. Light weight application which helps in connecting to remote systems and there are anti virus scans too.

Cons

The application will not prevent the computers going to sleep mode. If it does not connect we do not have detailed error messages. May be they can improve in this aspect.

Bjarke V.

The best VPN client with Fortinet infrastructure

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Very happy with the performance and useability of the product. If you have Fortinet, go for it.

Pros

The ease of use is fantastic with Forticlient. It is so easy to use, and even explaining less experienced users how to use it goes well every time. It never fails,

Cons

The design it not super modern, but it really does not take away to much, so don't worry.

Dan P.

Corporate VPN client tool

Reviewed on 2021/02/26

Quick and painless to use and part of my daily work as a remote worker.

Pros

Easy to use and allows for multiple connections to be configured easily. System tray icon shows status.

Cons

Connections can be unreliable at times but I'm not sure what is causing the fault as it may not be the client.

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great tool for security, endpoint protection and remote access through VPN

Reviewed on 2020/06/12

This is one of the must-have tools for teams working remotely and accessing critical data from Business systems like ERP. I use it daily for remote access through VPN and found it fast and easy. Deployment without pre-configuration may be difficult for large-scale requirements.

Pros

It is quite fast and easy to use. We use it daily for accessing our SAP systems and the process is as simple as entering username and password. The connection is stable and fast, with almost no waiting. The program also doesn't consume significant system resources and doesn't cause slowdowns. It has auto-update feature which adds to its security.

Cons

It was difficult to deploy the application across user laptops without help of the IT team. Further, it can't be pre-configured as per business needs, so certain settings need to manually setup. During logins for Remote access through VPN, we have to see the unnecessary alert to accept server access which should have been handled by the application itself.

Maricela G.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Great and Secure Way to access

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

Pros

FortiClient allows me to securely access my companies share drive remotely.

Cons

I have not encountered issues accessing FortiClient on my end.

Mark J.

Connecting into our office network with Security in place makes my job that much easier

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Pros

The Security is a main factor for me and then user interface is second. Both are amazing and easy to use. I have an onsite NAS that some staff store files on and getting them to connect to our office using Forticlient lets know that the connection coming inside is secure aswell as going out

Alexandre L.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Fortinet

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Pros

Powerful,secure, fast, easy to use.
Easy to setup

Cons

Can be slow when the appliance is in heavy load.

Moshe E.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

I'm just a user, and it isn't awesome for me.

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

It enables me to work on sensitive servers and connections from practically anywhere, that is good enough to use it in this market beyond all its shortcomings.

Pros

It allows me to connect to my company's VPN securely - that in itself is an awesome thing. It has a client for Ubuntu which most vendors ignore, also good. but that's about it .

Cons

I'm referring specifically to the Ubuntu client, I don't know much about others - it has a lot to improve. It doesn't save my settings permanently - what I mean that every few days it gets corrupted somehow - don't know how - and I have to re-input the host, port and username. And it does have a profiles screen, so it was built to save this, but like I said every few days that list gets deleted...

• Used Other for 2+ years

Easy way to connect to VPN at home

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

It helps me work from home, so I love it! Easy to find app that lives at the top of my nav bar.

Pros

It has a super easy interface that allows me to connect to our server from home. I rarely have any connection issues. Works great with Mac.

Cons

Like all VPN software, there will occasionally be connection issues. There is a limit to how many people from my organization can be using it at once. I think it was an organizational decision though likely based on cost.

Cüneyt B.

Endpoint Protection and VPN tool

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

Product installation and operation is very simple and I can provide a significant level of security on my computer.

Pros

It is a very simple product to use. In addition to antimalware protection, web filtering feature as well as vulnerablity detection and patching features help to provide protection above the desired level.

Cons

When I first used it, I had difficulty accessing the settings.

FortiClient Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Pros

Secure and works without manual intervention.

Cons

Required to use fortitoken as opposed to third party TOTP device, and no officially supported Linux client.

FortiClient makes the VPN Experience a Breeze! Where security is a must, FortiClient makes it...

Reviewed on 2018/05/25

The seamless connection to my company's VPN made it a breeze. The two-factor authentication offered was 100 times better than a previous product that we were forced to use at work. FortiClient is really a very neat and tidy solution that could be used for any size business. In a world where data security is of the utmost importance, I would strongly recommend a solution that works as easily as FortiClient.

Pros

The Software is really easy to configure, even for a non-IT technician who understands very little about VPNs.

Cons

There have been a few dropped connections over time, which I have not been able to find the source of. .

Dilraj S.

Really easy to use VPN through FortiClient

Reviewed on 2020/02/23

Overall, Forticlient is really good for setting up the VPN and easily accessing remote networks via VPNing into those networks. Software installs very easily on windows and mac and is really easy to setup and use.

Pros

Forticlient is really good for using VPN and logging into remote networks. Ease with which you can use VPN through FortiClient really amazes me.

Cons

There is no software available in linux. It will be awesome if they release one for the same, similar to the versions available on Windows/Mac.