EasyWorship Reviews

EasyWorship

Worship presentation software for churches

Simon
Simon
  • Industry: Media Production

Our first piece of worship software from a decade ago!

Reviewed on 2022/07/15

Pros

We like the ease of use most. When we first switched over, we primarily had to because video backgrounds were glitchy on our old presentation software. EasyWorship brought us into the future by making motion backgrounds work flawlessly. Over time, we've also like how EasyWorship has become more like other professional software in handling things like multiple projectors, displays and easy switching between different media. That in itself should make anyone want to get EW over the others.

Cons

The subscription model makes it un-favourable. But at least the developers have taken into account the size of churches/congregations to offer variable pricing. Churches oversees don't see a lot of money coming in, so having multiple subscriptions in USD in failing economies, makes it more expensive by the year.

OpenLP

Reasons for Choosing EasyWorship

Easyslides was lacking in terms of ease of use. It did a great job of functioning on a very low-end PC but the look and feel of it was lacking. Steep learning curve for someone new and the video backgrounds always crashed.
Tim
Tim
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Solid product with great customer service

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

I have been doing church A/V for 20+ years and for most of the time I have been using EW. They have kept up with the times with upgrades and feature improvements. I have evaluated several options over the years but I've never felt comfortable enough with any other options to make the move to another platform. I often recruit novice users to assist in this ministry and find that new users pick up on the basic operating skills very quickly. Most people that I know that are doing Church video presentations that are not using EW are using MS PowerPoint. Knowing both as well as I do, I could never be convinced that PP is a better alternative to EW.

Overall, I am a loyal customer and it would be a big ask to get me to give this application up for another option.

Pros

This interface is intuitive and easy to use. The layout is clean and flexible. Overall for church presentation software it offers all of the features that I need. I rarely have a request or task that I can't fulfill in one way or another by using EW. They are continually adding features and functionality. When I do have the rare problem, I never feel like I'm left to fend for myself as their customer service is always friendly and ready to help. I also love the integration with Song Select.

Cons

I would like to see some better tools for "tagging" of resources and also some richer photo and video editing functions. They have a remote function that lets the user control the application with a mobile device. As much as I love this feature, I have a difficult time getting it to connect on a consistent basis and the lack or reliability leave me uncertain about depending on it.

Response from Softouch Development

Hi Tim, thanks for the feedback! If you have some time, I would love to speak with you further about the "tagging" and editing functions that you've requested here. When you have some free time, would you please reach out to me at 1-918-250-1493 or [email protected] to detail these requests a bit further? Fred

Kaitlin

Helpful Interface with CCLI but Not User-Friendly

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

We're using EasyWorship for projecting songs, announcement slides, scripture, and sermon powerpoints on Sunday morning. I've been using the program for just over a year and it was what was being used when I took over as office administrator. It does fill our need for our services, and we now have a wealth of songs and liturgy saved within the program, making putting together those weekly presentations fairly simple. However, if someone were just starting out and choosing which program to use, I would not recommend EasyWorship simply for the fact that it is not intuitive or user friendly and the learning curve to get to the place where it is easy to use is very steep (as I observed both for myself and for a secretary at another local church who just went through that process with my help this fall).

Pros

The best thing about EasyWorship is the interface with CCLI that allows me to import new worship songs into our presentation for Sunday morning, saving me the time of typing up the lyrics manually. And though I find the interface not very user-friendly, there is an extremely helpful wealth of "how-to" articles and videos provided by EasyWorship. When I run into a question of how to do something, I can simply google my question and the first return on the search is always an EasyWorship how-to page. Importing of powerpoints, which our pastors use to construct their sermon slides, is pretty seamless, though occasionally we run into snafus if one of the slides has a video.

Cons

As a designer who has used everything from the Adobe suite to Microsoft Office to Google's many online programs, I have to say that EasyWorship is one of the least user-friendly programs I've encountered. I have been frustrated by things like a simple "undo" function being absent from the program until the most recent update, and menus so confusing and counter-intuitive that I spent much of my first few weeks with the program googling "how to find__ in Easy Worship" just to access basic menus. For example, editing tools for anything but your basic font options are not found in an "edit" menu but through an "inspector" button. I helped train someone new in on the software and could tell that they were very overwhelmed, as many things are not where you would expect based on previous experience with software and Apple or PC operating systems.

Response from Softouch Development

Hi Kaitlin, thank you for your feedback! I wanted to reach out and see if you had any recommendations for making our software more user-friendly or to shorten the learning curve. If you would like, you are welcome to contact me at [email protected] to talk about some potential changes. - Fred

Maureen

Easy Worship a Great Asset to our Worship Time

Reviewed on 2023/10/23

Overall Easy Worship is excellent, Support has been excellent and add so much to our Worship Services.Thank you for a great product

Pros

Easy to use, makes everything clear for the operator to use and see.

Cons

The change from Access to CCLI on line within Easy Worship. Now you have to sign at the bottom try to find the song but you don't get to see any words until you import and so when there's several of the same name it's very tedious. We used to go directly to CCLI through Easy worship and could see all content/ key choices /Composers/ could print different sheet music and could then import the correct song

Kay

Easy Worship Review

Reviewed on 2024/01/27

Great product. Love that it now reports automatically to Song Select for the reporting of song usage...and that song importation from Song Select is so much easier with this version.

Pros

Easy to use and creates a professional presentation for use every week during worship.

Cons

Just learning Easy Worship 7 - pulling videos into Easy Worship 6 and previous versions was not always easy. Can't wait to try this version.

Susan

Quick response

Reviewed on 2024/01/15

Pretty good! I always liked easy worship for church services

Pretty good! I always liked easy worship for church services

Pros

They responded promptly and gave me specific instructions in what I needed

Cons

Somewhat difficult to download saved songs

Stacey

We love EasyWorship and their support!

Reviewed on 2024/02/05

Pros

features - countdown, song database, scripture data base
easy to use with OSB

Cons

We haven't found any cons yet. I used it for over two years at another church and loved it

Ronald

First Jerusalem B.C.

Reviewed on 2024/01/17

Pros

The graphics are really good and the software is easy to manage.

Cons

No complaints whatsoever on Easy Worship.

Charles

Awesome Product

Reviewed on 2023/12/18

Pros

It's easy to use and teach others to use.

Cons

My older version does not support youtube videos anymore.

Emma

Customer service support

Reviewed on 2024/01/16

Pros

The ease at which I could contact a person to support me with a new feature was excellent. They responded within a few hours and resolved my issue straight away.

Cons

There is no Mac version available so some users are unable to access.

Micah

EasyWorship Works

Reviewed on 2021/04/28

Overall we had a good experience. We were looking for something to handle large video files mainly and this just did not work well for us. It was great for simple presentations tho.

Pros

The simple layout and functions. It worked great for a fast, easy way to display lyrics and graphics via a presentation.

Cons

We were needing something with more features, so this fell short of what we were hoping for. It works for small presentations, etc. - or just needing a simple presentation. But handling heavy graphics and large videos files was a struggle.

Reasons for Choosing EasyWorship

MediaShout wasn't working well for us.

Reasons for Switching to EasyWorship

Mainly the price at the time and by recommendation from a friend.

Response from Softouch Development

Hi Micah, thanks for the feedback! I wonder if you could reach out to me to talk about these issues and see if we can resolve them. EasyWorship should be able to handle relatively advanced graphics files as long as the system meets our requirements. Please reach out to me at 1-918-250-1493 when you have a chance. Fred

Peter
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

"The best presentation software we have purchased, PERIOD!"

Reviewed on 2021/12/16

We are able to deliver a multimedia presentation to our congregation in a very professional manner but with absolute ease and precision. We are very satisfied with EasyWorship and what we have been able to accomplish for our Sunday Worship and weekly experiences.

Pros

The product in overall brings honor to its name: VERY easy to use and quality of the presentations are consistently flawless. It has never glitched or "blow up" on me. software is pretty stable and quick overall system performance. I believe I will stay with EasyWorship for a long time! Amazing price for the results we are getting. THANK YOU!

Cons

It does not have more bible versions and should include Spanish versions also. There are a lot of Hispanic congregations that will be able to use the software in the nation and other parts of the world as well.

Response from Softouch Development

Hi Peter, thanks for the feedback! If you're looking for a specific Bible for EasyWorship, please feel free to post a new request on our forum but I am happy to let you know that we do have several Spanish Bible translations available with EasyWorship as well as many other common languages. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Fred

Jean

Just like the name: EASY Worship

Reviewed on 2021/04/20

EasyWorship is a very practical presentation software and the more I use it - even after using it for some time now, I'm still learning sweet tweaks in our presentations.

Pros

Using this software weekly for our worship presentation, the ease of use has been remarkably smooth. So smooth - that when suggesting training others should I not be available on any particular Sunday, don't think it necessary to be trained - they think they can just jump on and run it - great concept, but not practical - it's SOFTWARE! :-/

BTW - we are a church plant with 50-200 attendees. We have no employees, but I had no options that were applicable when completing this form. We actually have no employees - not even me. :-)

Cons

It would be incredibly beneficial if we were able to use the cloud to transfer schedules, themes, song edits, database changes rather than always needing to use a thumb-drive. However - as incredibly beneficial this would be, it's not a deal-breaker at this time.

Response from Softouch Development

Hi Jean, thanks for the feedback! please feel free to let me know if you think of anything else that we can do to improve your experience. You can reach me at [email protected]. Fred

Ron

EasyWorship beats MediaShout

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

Pros

Site licensing was a key factor in choosing EasyWorhip over other platforms. Also the intuitive nature of the product makes it easy to on board new volunteer workers to the team.

Cons

No complaints. EasyWorship was easy to set up and operate and a snap to train new volunteers.

Reasons for Choosing EasyWorship

MediaShout was more PC intensive and the per PC licensing made in too expensive for our small church with multiple part time volunteer operators.

Reasons for Switching to EasyWorship

Easier to train new volunteers

Response from Softouch Development

Hi Ron, thanks for the feedback! If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at 1-918-250-1493 or [email protected]. Fred

Dihfahsih
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Appreciation for helping church enhance the gospel

Reviewed on 2023/04/19

We no longer need to distribute materials to members before the sermons, rather we use Easyworship to enhance the sermons with the visuals needed thus reducing costs

Pros

I like most the multi bible plugins that enable understanding of scriptures more easily, when we subscribed for premium services, it was really easy to integrate with the older version we hard, it has saved the organisation the costs spent on the maintaining and distributing visuals during sermons

Cons

Different languages that have been able to translate the bible, should be prioritized without people having to request for bible plugins, at least users should be able to select the bibles they would like to use, basically bible plugins should be increased such that people have a wide range of selection

OBS Studio

Reasons for Switching to EasyWorship

The features easyworship provides are so precious at a very low price

Response from Softouch Development

Hi Dihfahsih,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a kind review!
Our team is constantly working towards adding more Bible translations to the available list in EasyWorship, please feel free to reach out to our support team with any questions or updates on upcoming translations!

PAUL

Easyworship Easy to use.

Reviewed on 2021/03/10

It is a software that has served us well over five years, I don't normally go for the updates because if something is working why change it.
Overall it's great.

Pros

The software is easy to use and practical for what we need it for.
It's not complicated to use and easy to navigate.
It's set out in such a way that you can familiarise yourself with it in just a few hours.

Cons

You can't download straight in it.
It doesn't always pick up the projector screen when you turn it on.
If it freezes you have to shut it down and open it again.

Response from Softouch Development

Hi Paul, thanks for the feedback! I wanted to reach out and let you know that our next update will fix the bug that is currently preventing direct downloads from our media store to the desktop software. And for the other two issues you reported, you may want to contact our support team as they are things that can commonly be corrected with a small amount of troubleshooting. Please free free to reach us at either 1-918-250-1493 or [email protected] for any further questions, concerns, or suggestions. Fred

Chuck
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

EasyWorship 7 with premium backgrounds. Great Product, Easy to Use.

Reviewed on 2022/10/12

Overall, I'm very pleased with how the software works. There have been times when I did not know how to use one of the product features. I could easily go to the EasyWorship website and find training videos that have so far covered everything that I have needed.

Pros

Installation and set-up were easy to complete. There are a wide variety of media backgrounds that come standard with the service. You can upgrade to a premium service that allows for even better media backgrounds. You can find and complete online training as needed.

Cons

The song reporting feature can be a little difficult to manage util you get used to doing it.

Reasons for Switching to EasyWorship

I knew of other organizations that were using this software and was pleased with what they were doing with it. The initial cost was affordable for our church.

Response from Softouch Development

Hi Chuck,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!
The song reporting is a feature that our developers are currently working on to improve in future releases of EasyWorship!

Richard

EasyWorship 7 - Great Multimedia Platform for Enhanced Worship Experience

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

I love that EasyWorship is a Christian company with its primary mission to advance the cause of Jesus Christ. After a challenging learning curve, I have come to appreciate the incredible capabilities of EW7. I use virtually all of its functionality and would recommend EW7 to any church that needs a comprehensive multimedia platform to enhance their worship service. I like the subscription option that makes EW7 affordable for even small churches at an affordable price with updates available at no additional cost. The EW support team is exceptional. They are available, polite, extremely knowledgable, and reassuring. Access to support that you can count on is essential when your entire worship service depends on its audiovisual technology.

Pros

EasyWorship 7 is a stable, reliable multimedia platform that is indispensable for projection of announcements, music lyrics, PowerPoint presentations, and direct access to external audio video sources during worship services and other church-related programs. The user can import photographs, videos,other resources available from its on-line media store, or create your own media, Through EW7, you can access lyrics in slide form from an existing library, import song lyrics from CCLI on-line, or create your own lyrics slides. You can create your own multi-layered media slides and create media libraries for easy access to backgrounds, Bible verses etc. EasyWorship can also connect live to social media platforms such as Facebook and YouTube using streaming programs such as OBS.

Cons

EasyWorship initial seemed to be exceptional complicated, although I was able to teach myself using the user manual, on-line teaching tutorials available on the EasyWorship website, and trial and error. Unfortunately, there was no one in my area that had practical experience setting up or using EW. I started with EasyWorship 6, which was a bit unstable. Occasionally it would lock up in the middle of the worship service. With the change to EW7 and subsequent updates, I have had no problems for the last 3 years. It also helps that Windows 10 has become more reliable. You do need a computer with good processing power, a quality external video card, and lots off storage. There is no Mac version, although I understand that you can run EW7 on a Mac using Bootcamp. I tried using a virtual Parallels computer on my Mac. It doesn't work because Parallels uses its own audio and video drivers that can't support the demands of EW7.

Response from Softouch Development

Hi Richard, thanks for the feedback! I hope that we can continue to provide the same exceptional experience you've had so far. If there's ever anything we can do to improve our product or your experience, please don't hesitate to contact me. I can be reached at 1-918-250-1493 or [email protected]. Fred

Jim
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

A Great Product, Great Price, Huge Impact.

Reviewed on 2023/05/08

We have been a faithful user of their product and appreciate what we have been able to accomplish with our Sunday morning services and the professional presentation of both worship and sermons. We hope to maintain a relationship with EasyWorship for the future.

Pros

When we started using EasyWorship it was more financially driven then anything else. We needed to upgrade from using PowerPoint and start understanding the features and benefits of presentation software.

Cons

Being a long time user of EasyWorship, we have lived and survived the growing pains along the way. From system challenges to various incompatible versions, we have remained with EasyWorship. There was a period of time where Tech Support gave us the answer that the company was not going to fix the particular issue we were having and we would just have to wait for the next version to be released. Didn't have a release date to give us. That was disheartening as our only other choice was ProPresenter and that was out of our league financially. The subscription program running now is disheartening as we enjoyed purchasing the upgrades when needed. Having limited support to version 6 and taking away features that now can only be used in your subscription service is a pretty shady way to do business.

Response from Softouch Development

Thank you for your great review! We apologize for any past inconveniences and frustrations you may have faced. We understand your concerns regarding the lack of support for certain issues and the transition to a subscription program.

We constantly strive to improve our product and provide the best experience for our users. While the subscription model may not align with everyone's preferences, it allows us to deliver regular updates and enhancements to EasyWorship. This ensures that we can continue offering a reliable and sustainable solution for all our users.
Your feedback is important to us, and we appreciate your input. We take your concerns seriously and will continue to work towards providing the best possible experience for our customers. If you have any specific issues or suggestions, please feel free to share them with us.

Thank you again for using EasyWorship!
Kind regards,
Chandler Combs
Easy worship support team.

Alvin

Great Product With Service to Match

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

As stated above the ease of developing a complete schedule with limited resources is key advantage for our church. The reason the review is titled 'Great Product With Service to Match' is that I was completely satisfied with EasyWorship 6 from time it was installed in October of 2017 until Sunday June 26 2020 when I attempted to purchase a bible and program stated my login details were invalid. Through discussion with the Technical Team it was discovered that our software license had been activated under a church with same name in same state but different city - meaning we never paid to activate our software. I felt like I was being forced into a software upgrade through no fault of mine. But then God shows up. I reviewed all the personal and business accounts which would have been used to purchase our campus license and could not find anything. We have used the software for 33 months with no issues and assuming we had been paying subscription of $15/month for 33 months would have paid $495.00. The team at EasyWorship was great to work with and we now have version 7 installed with a campus license which has paid for itself by months of use behind us and I am certain the software will be utilized for many years to come. Great product and great personnel in Technical Support and Customer Support.

Pros

The scheduling feature within EasyWorship is what sets it apart from other programs for me. We are a small congregation with limited resources (both financial and human) so fact that I can have our schedule developed in 10 minutes or less is great. Also, last minute changes are simple to make along with being able to pull up scripture in seconds.

Cons

Really have not found anything missing over the 2.5 years of using EasyWorship 6. We just upgraded to EasyWorship 7 which has some additional features.

Response from Softouch Development

Hi Alving, thanks for the feedback! If you ever run into trouble or have any questions, please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or 1-918-250-1493. Fred

Jon
Jon
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

EasyWorship is a great tool for churches, but we've had some issues

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Easy Worship is a big help in our worship service. Basically everything that goes on the screen comes through Easy Worship. We can plan, organize, and change it all from there.

The big downside has been trying to set things up again on a new computer. We should have thousands of songs at our fingertips, but it's almost like we had to completely start over.

Pros

I like that we can use Easy Worship to plan out our worship services. We can let announcement slides roll before service starts. We can also easily put in any videos we might be showing. We can set up the lyrics to the songs we'll be using, and easily change things if we need to. Even if you spot a typo, you can change that in real time without having to close down the projection, change it, and get it back up. There is also a "memory bank" of thousands of songs to choose from, so we don't have to type in every word to every song. And since it works on our local network, we can put things on it from the office, and it's there for us in the sound booth.

Cons

We ran into really big issues when we had a computer go down. We had to set everything up on the new computer. Everything should have popped back up when we logged back in, but we lost all of our huge memory bank of songs (all the songs we've done for years and years). We've basically had to enter each song in one by one, and with the latest update to EasyWorship, it's harder than ever to do. And then, when we do enter the songs in and save them to our database, they lose their formatting when we try to open them again. Our secretary has spent HOURS searching for tech support/help/advice, and there's just nothing. It's been incredibly frustrating to deal with.

Response from Softouch Development

Hi John, thanks for your feedback! We're glad to hear that EasyWorship has been so beneficial to your church. I wanted to reach out and let you know that all you need to do with a new computer is a database transfer. There are actually a lot of articles online that address this issue and you all are also welcome to give our technical support a call at 1-918-250-1493 during the week. Feel free to contact me by email if you have any questions. [email protected] - Fred

Everett

Excellent Customer Support

Reviewed on 2020/10/24

EasyWorship is easy to use, so volunteers can quickly use the service schedule with minimal training. When we encourage a problem, their Technical Support has been quick and fantastic.

Pros

EasyWorship allows us to integrate song lyrics and Scripture text quickly for the congregation and live-stream. EW integrates with SongSelect, for importing the song lyrics, and with PowerPoint presentation. There is also a built-in presentation application, which we are using for a countdown announcement loop. Video can be output as NDI, if you want to use a camera input, then export to a video distribution service or OBS.

Cons

The built-in web browser is Internet Explorer, which is now obsolete. EW only supports three video outputs – control screen, main projection and foldback. We added a video distribution box on the projection output, so that we can feed EW into our ATEM Pro for livestreaming.

Reasons for Choosing EasyWorship

The old program was very complicated and was not Windows Vista ompatible.

Price and easy of use.

Response from Softouch Development

Hi Everett, thanks for the feedback! If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me. 1-918-250-1493 or [email protected] Fred

Peter

Easy to use Presentation Software

Reviewed on 2022/02/09

EasyWorship works a treat. The weekly schedule of songs, Bible readings and liturgy for the service is simple to create and can be done at home beforehand and the file transferred to the church laptop. Any new songs can be very easily be downloaded within EasyWorship into the local database of songs from the CCLI web site. Because it is easy to operate, we have been able to train several volunteers with little computer expertise to run it in the services.

EasyWorship has many features which allow a great degree of flexibility in how the words are presented.

Pros

- easy to operate and to train volunteers with limited computer expertise to use it
- easy to add new songs from the CCLI website to the church's data-base of songs
- easy to create a schedule of songs, liturgy and Bible readings for church services
- NDI output stream means no complex setup to link to OBS software for livestreaming

Cons

- there no version of the ESV Bible with UK spellings !

Response from Softouch Development

Hi Peter, thanks for the feedback! We will have to reach out to the publisher of this version of the Bible to potentially add this as an option in EasyWorship. Please feel free to reach out to us if you think of any additional feature enhancements or requests that we can implement to improve your experience. Nolan

John

Easy Worship comments

Reviewed on 2023/04/16

Pros

The price is attractive. The site license is extremely convenient to allow work from home for worship leaders and operators.The screen layout makes it easy to understand and train operators.

Cons

Setup of multi-monitors can be challenging and is important to secure connections to avoid catastrophic failure on worship day.Changes to operational buttons by software engineers during version updates is very frustrating and drives operator confusion.

price and site licensing

Response from Softouch Development

Hi John,

Thank you for the feedback!
Our team works really hard to add new features and keep them simple to make EasyWorship user friendly for everyone!

Please feel free to reach out to our support team with any questions you may have!

• Industry: Broadcast Media

Scriptures/Hymn Database Experience

Reviewed on 2023/09/22

EasyWorship solves the problem of difficulties in scriptures and hymn projection in my church.The easy switch mode in bible versions and scriptures are truly time-saving.

Pros

The features I love in EasyWorship is the Scriptures and Hymn Database. Personally using EasyWorship for the first time in church was not beginner friendly but in a few months, i was able to use it properly to some extent. Using EasyWorship in my church has made scriptures projection very easy. And I love the different bible versions that comes with it.Another fun part is that I can even type and save any church song or hymn that i can't find in the database.

Cons

The one feature that needs a bit of improvement is the Scriptures database.I noticed that it doesn't have some current versions like TPT (Passion Translation), GNT(Good news translation). So, a database upgrade would go a long way and make church presentations much easier.

Response from Softouch Development

Hi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review!
We're happy to hear that EasyWorship is fitting you and your church's needs!

EasyWorship supplies access to multiple versions of the Bible, The Passion Translation and the Good News Translation is available in EasyWorship. You can find a list of all of the available Bibles on our website by clicking on Software then Bible Plug-ins.
Please feel free to reach out to our tech team with any questions you may have!