Adobe Acrobat Reader Reviews

Nicholas
  • Industry: Law Practice

They Invented The Portable Document Format, their software is still the best

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

I love Adobe, I trust Adobe with my most important work on a daily basis. They provide limitless tutorials and have a rich community forum of users, and though the creative cloud review is for another day, Adobe has gathered together a very unique and interesting mix of users over the expanse of their products, and its fun to try some of the non-document products as well, an opportunity available to most if not all Acrobat subscribers.

Pros

I use Acrobat Pro DC, and the functionality (i.e. what you can do with the software) far surpasses any competitor's product. The ease with which you can rearrange pages in a document, convert to word, rich text, excel, and other formats , sign and obtain signatures, apply security features like password protection, digital signatures, encryption and the like are robust feature-sets. If you use this product for business purposes, they are indispensable. If you have a voluminous collection of documents, you will be amazed at the capabilities of the "indexing" feature which automatically processes your documents and creates a searchable, indexed document in which you can, for example, find each and every instance of the use of a particular word across numerous documents spanning thousands of pages. I have used other products, often I am offered other products "free" and none of them hold a candle to the original.

Cons

I have to have a lot of windows open with Adobe so I can view numerous documents side-by-side across two 27" monitors. Adobe uses a lot of computing resources and can slow down significantly. Given I have 32 GB of RAM, a 6 core 3.85 gigahertz processor and 4gb of dedicated VRAM I think the slowing down is a lack of efficiency in the code.

Tungsten Power PDF

Tungsten Power PDF

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat Reader

Adobe is a more full, user friendly experience, and it can do WAY more with PDFs than Nuance's product.
Charles Boampong

The Best PDF Reader

Reviewed on 2023/11/07

So far, it's the best PDF reader and editor that I have ever used so I simply love it.

Pros

It's so cool to open different files in different tabs making it easy to navigate between files

Cons

I haven't observed one yet since it's able it helps me to manage all my files so far. Maybe one would say it doesn't support editing of complex images, but that's not one of my worries.

Sam
Sam

Widely Used but Otherwise not Very Functional

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

It is handy to view PDFs I download from other sources, but it's just a viewer unless you want to pay a ridiculous amount of money.

Pros

I do appreciate that we have a widely-used way to view uneditable documents, and PDFs render like an image, so your formatting doesn't change (like it does with Word docs, etc., depending on the device you're viewing/editing them on).

I also appreciate the form features, so clients can fill out certain fields created in the document and enter a signature. It's also super helpful for showing layering and bleeds for marketing materials and business cards.

Some of the more advanced, premium features are nice too, though you've got to have a big bank account if you want to use them (more about that in Cons).

Cons

There's very little you can do without paying for it. Sometimes I want to combine documents, particularly when I scan them to my computer and the printer every now and then doesn't want to send a huge file, so I have to split it up into 2 scans. If it's for my business, it's just slightly embarrassing and unprofessional to have to send a single document in 2 parts. Spending money just for Adobe Pro seems a little crazy to me. I don't use it for signing/sending often, so I can't justify the ongoing cost. It would be different if I could just purchase the software, but Adobe has gone to subscriptions now, which just don't work for me.

Mohamed
Mohamed
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

I am really like Adobe Acrobat Reader

Reviewed on 2023/12/19

It is one of the best programs I use. I really like this program. It saves me time and effort.

Pros

I love how easily I can save and create documentation for our weekly meetings. I can quickly convert our meeting notes and graphics.
Customer service is great too; very helpful.
It's very user-friendly, the navigation is clearly tabbed, and it's easy to use. Electronic signatures make it easy to sign documents, and when finished, the PDF document can be attached and emailed.

Cons

Restarting my computer may cause me to lose open documents.
Editing a document can sometimes be difficult if the edit boxes are not aligned correctly.
It consumes a lot of RAM, has no free option, and is difficult to handle PDF text because they are treated as images.

Balabadhruni
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Pros and Cons

Reviewed on 2023/11/04

Pros

1)It is very useful as it helps lots of students for educational purposes.
2)It can be used for both mobile and we applications.
3)It can do document organization easily.

Cons

1)Need to reduce the cost of subscription.
2)Should add more features to the free version as it helps to grow their installations.

Melanie
Melanie

Great and affordable!!!

Reviewed on 2023/11/06

A great program that gives you all that you need to work with PDF files

A great program that gives you all that you need to work with PDF files

Pros

This is a must have for very business. Features are plentiful, I never have to use another program.

Cons

Nothing. This works for all my needs and more

• Used Daily for Free Trial

I LIKE ADOBE CAUSE IT HELPS ME IN MANANGING MY ALL DOCUMENTS AND ITS VERY INTERESTING WHILE...

Reviewed on 2023/11/07

Pros

The organization of the files and the search bar tool is the best feature Ilove about the application software.

Cons

Sometimes I m unable to pay the subscription fee for application.

Brittany
  • Industry: Human Resources

Adobe Reader for the WIN

Reviewed on 2024/03/28

Pros

It is universally used and I really like that there is a free product available for folks everywhere to send and receive essential documents.

Cons

Sometimes if someone isn't used to documents (and computer use) it might be difficult for them to navigate.

Gina
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Adobe is a GREAT pdf Staple

Reviewed on 2024/03/26

Basic. That pretty much sums it up. We have since switched most of our users to another pdf viewer platform for a more user-friendly option but Adobe works perfectly fine.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat Reader is, for me, the ORIGINAL pdf viewer. It operates perfectly fine as a reader.

Cons

It is a little difficult to navigate through the options mainly due to the basic look and layout.

James
  • Industry: Music
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Easy to use adobe

Reviewed on 2024/03/25

Pros

Easy to use for converting and signing pdfs

Cons

The over all easyness of the app makes life easier for business owners

Dan
  • Industry: Medical Practice

A very user friendly pdf viewer and editor

Reviewed on 2019/11/28

I love the ease of use for highlighting sections of text - there is no need to be precise, it will automatically select the text. The sticky note function is very clear and easy to read for adding notes.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use for marking up a pdf file, and the fact that pdf files are very common and used everywhere - especially government sites like tax files or application forms.

Cons

The software loads kind of slow most of the time at startup. I have a decent laptop, and other comparable software loads a bit quicker.

Foxit PDF Reader

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Acrobat Reader

Some files didn't load correctly with the other readers that we tried. Adobe seems to be the standard pdf software.

Foxit PDF Reader

Jerry

Adobe Acrobat may be the Standard for PDF usage

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

Adobe Acrobat has been the leading PDF application for as long as i can remember,support has always been very difficult and vague and has been a challenge to overcome throughout the years. As the years went by we have become less dependent on support because of the internet forums.

Pros

i like that the product is free, easy to access from a deployment standpoint. There are many features to choose from if you you use the adobe creative cloud. You can take your pdf documents where ever you have internet access.The ability to zoom and customize the toolbar is much better than in the past.

Cons

I dont like the fact that many of the features must be obtained by having an creative cloud account that is active. There are many other PDF programs out there like Nitro,SourceForge that have many available features that are free, Adobe Acrobat should follow the example of these other pdf apps. I also do not like the GUI of Reader, it is too busy with options and makes a novice and even an advanced user very frustrated with features that arent readily available without using the paid for Software as a Service.

Lauren
Lauren
  • Industry: Entertainment

Juggling The Act

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

I believe this application has a lot to offer and has the potential to reach even further. I appreciate its flexibility as a design software and as a business product.

Pros

The one thing I love most about Acrobat Reader DC is its velocity and functionality in editing PDF layouts. Most designers don't realize the importance of having the tools necessary to alter the appearance and elements within the Photo Document. ARDC gives us the opportunity to see the layout as it is and provides the user with the chance to take it even further in design elements, measurements, and color structure.

Cons

I do wish that the snapping to grid and movement of the PDF elements would be more smooth in terms of placing them in new parts of the document.

DocFly

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat Reader

I think using the software first, before its counterparts, had a lot to do with the experience. But I did manage to test out the alternatives. And I've found that Acrobat Reader DC gives me the best professional and creative experience.
Waleed
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

the neatest, most stable and fastest reader but

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

the most neat and clean PDF reader that need some more features

the most neat and clean PDF reader that need some more features

Pros

adobe acrobat reader, just like acrobat itself, is perhaps the most reliable PDF reader. A plethora of readers are available these days and each has it’s own advantagees and disadvantages as i am huge reader and always try alternatives, but with my vast experince, i tel one thing for sure, if you want to choose a reader that works smooth, fast and almost never crashes, and if you don’t want want to encounter anything messy, then choose acrobat reader. you can compare it’s neateness against others just like iOS was neat in comparision to older android versions. You can try opening a large book with for example foxit PDF and then the same with adobe reader, try this again and again, every time adobe reader wins. the colour accuracy is definitely appreciable too. unlike most other readers, which will open books for you and as these load, the book may seem horrible, not because the book is horrible, but the reader’s rendering engine is problematic. Never faced this while using acrobat reader. and the global availability of this software makes it a definite “one and only”

Cons

the features of this reader are too few compared to some other readers for example foxit PDF.
for example, on the iOS version of Adobe reader, it lacks :
X text-reflow
X crop-mode
X text-to-speech
etc
it also displays files in an odd way if the document has non-standard width-to-length ratio. it does not correct this to fill up the screen so the document looks weird. on PC version, zoom feature will make up for this though.
finally, lack of third paty cloud support is sad.
for the paid version ,you have to pay more compared to the most famous rival ie foxit phantomPDF

• Industry: Graphic Design

Free, Easy to Use and it Gets the Job Done

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Acrobat Reader has been my only PDF reader since I started using PC. Even when I changed to another option, I always find myself not satisfied. Acrobat Reader is exactly what you need if you need a software that can edit a PDF file, convert your PDF file to another format, create PDF from images and other features that you will find amazing. The interface is easy to understand, no complicated functions that will take you time to learn. The paid version give access to some complex functions but if you don’t need them, you don’t have to paid for the service, the free version works just great.

Pros

Acrobat Reader makes interaction with PDF files an easy thing. No technical experience needed, doesn’t matter if you are familiar with any adobe software, Acrobat Reader is very easy to use.

Acrobat Reader is most popular for the ability to Edit PDF files, a remarkable experience if you ask, this feature have been very useful for my business, as a graphic designer that work on cover design, I have used this tool to correct some text errors without necessary using Photoshop all over again. With the editing options, i can also add or replace images right on the platform. What I love most about the software is the cross platform software usage, a PDF made on Windows PC can be edited on a MacBook without damaging the file’s structure. it’s very user friendly

Acrobat Reader also makes it easy to create PDF file by just grouping images together, i can convert my images into one single PDF file and save it, there is also option to convert PDF file to another format, including Word & PowerPoint format.

As a graphic designer, the software has helped me in my daily work and still helping. It offers more features that comes handy whenever I need them.

Cons

My first complaint about Acrobat Reader will be the big gap between the Free version and the Paid version. The free version only handle basic functions while the Paid version however offers complex functions which are thing you might need on a daily basis.

Also the software is a little slow when dealing with big files. I noticed that opening of cover designs are mostly slow, the software reads the file’s layers one after the other, which will take few seconds to complete depending on the file’s size.

David
  • Industry: Printing

Solid PDF Work Flow Tool

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Overall, I feel that Acrobat Reader is a good tool especially for those that don't need to do much with PDFs other than read or store them. If you need to do any editing, you will be disappointed. The full blown version of Acrobat is your solution then. It is not perfect either, but it will allow you to better function in a world that uses PDFs more everyday.

Pros

Being both a graphic designer and working on the sales and logistics side of my company, I use Acrobat all day for a variety of purposes. I am constantly working with PDFs from artwork to sales proposals, to freight quotes to internal company documents. Acrobat Reader lets communicate in the basic language of grahpic design and business communciatoin which is the PDF. It lets me email critical information contained in electronic files so I can distribute them to customers, suppliers or team members or so I can file them just for my own record keeping.

Cons

I do have some issues with the editing features/tools found in Acrobat Reader so I use the full version of Acrobat more regularly. I do wish the Adobe formatted Acrobat to function and appear more like both Illustrator and InDesign. This is not a major flaw as most people don't have the familiarity with those programs as I do. I just find that Adobe should try to make its products more similar than they do at this time so you don't seem to move out of the Adobe world when moving between their graphic design apps.

Adiola
  • Industry: Farming

Acrobat reader DC a very useful tool

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

As an Accounts Clerk , Acrobat reader helps me with easier access to suppliers invoices . it also enables me to make some changes to farmer's contract forms . The software can be installed in my mobile phone that can help me work on my documents from home even without a desktop, thus saving me a lot of time and stress.

Pros

I started using Acrobat reader when I began my ACCA program. I use it to open my PDF notes. Acrobat reader is the most fast, reliable and easy software which enables me to access my notes in a very quick way. Acrobat reader has a number of helpful tools such as zoom in and out which enables me to reduce or increase the size of text and page in order to read my notes clearly. It also has a search function that enables me to quickly search any text , word or page within my PDF notes ,thus saving me a lot of time rather than going through each and every page. Apart from using it to read my notes , Acrobat reader also helps me to open PDF files for work purposes and also make some changes as would be directed by my superiors. It gives me access to most recent files which I consider very convenient. Acrobat Reader doesn't require internet access that means that anyone can access it anywhere and anytime. I highly recommend Acrobat reader as the most reliable and useful software

Cons

Apart from a lot of benefits that comes with using Acrobat reader , there are very few disadvantages. It requires skills in order to use it efficiently. Users with little or no experience may find it very difficult to open a document and make some changes to it. Acrobat Reader also has a mini floating toolbar beneath its page which usually disappear when the user wants to put it in the upper bar , this can make it a little harder for the user to to use as well as deactivate it especially users with little experience with the software

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Getting better by the month

Reviewed on 2020/03/20

VERY easy to use, extremely handy program that works on many platforms, ie. PC, Mac, mobile phone - Android and iPhone. Even though I only personally use it for quite basic operations, I'm sure that someone in an office environment, such as accounting or administration and most certainly, the graphics type industries, would find Adobe Reader DC very useful and user-friendly indeed.

Pros

Easy to use Fill and Sign function allowing tiff or jpeg files of your signature to be added and are then legal. Companies that send you editable PDFs allow for quick filling in of forms and returning them. So many programs now offer 'Save as PDF' so this program will quickly open them for you to browse/edit. When saving to PDF in pro version (I believe) you can save with Password Protection which you then send to only the person you wish to view the document. This adds quite a good level of security for sensitive documents. The icon sub menu is quite good also with features such as Print, Save to Adobe Document Cloud, Find Text (magnifying glass), Add Sticky Note, Highlight Text, Add Sticky Note, Sign and Edit Text. Clicking on the Tools menu offers you even more.

Cons

When using on older computers, the opening and scrolling times can be quite long. It's yet another in the growing list of programs that offer you the option of Saving to the 'Cloud'. So unless you are totally fine with submitting your documents to a server somewhere ... anywhere ... in the world that you (probably) don't know where it actually is, then go for it. I personally use my own storage space which is getting cheaper by the day, value-for-capacity wise.

Ricky
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Must have for anyone who work with documents!

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

Not sure how business can function without Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It essential for us to manage and create PDF documents. Definitely a must-have!

Pros

It's an essential software needed for documents. Here are a few I find the most useful:

1. I prepare a lot of documents with form fields in Microsoft Word first and convert them into PDF. Using the Prepare Form tool which automatically detects form fields and puts text fields is such a helpful feature and such a time saver. Feels like an auto form-fill creator. I can't imagine spending time manually inputting text fields onto a PDF file.
2. I use the bookmarks feature a lot. It's such an easy way to allow the users to open a document and see where all the main sections of the documents are. To allow users to click on a bookmark and take them to a specific page on a document has made it easier for our clients/investors/customers to navigate our large documents. If you ever use bookmarks you should definitely make sure to set the initial view when opening a document to Bookmarks Panel and Page (under document properties > initial view > navigation tab).
3. Reduced Size PDF so useful when trying to compress files. These are extremely helpful for us when employees take pictures of receipts for reimbursement. But default phone pictures can average like 1-2MBs. All I do is open the pictures in PDF and click "Save As Other" > "Reduced Size PDF" and it reduces the file size up to 8-10 times smaller than the original size.
4. The redact tool is a handy and user-friendly feature when you want to make sure only certain parts of the document are viewable.

Cons

1. There are times it glitches/freezes/crashes, but not often
2. The most irritating thing for me when using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is when I'm trying to set the zoom level for multiple bookmarks. For some reason, you need to select each individual bookmark and manually select the zoom level. There should be a feature where sets the zoom level for all bookmarks to be the same. Or be able to select all bookmarks and set the zoom level. I've seen plugins where you can buy at a hefty price to do this feature. But I don't understand why it isn't built into the system already.

Jean Bertin
Jean Bertin
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Software I would not purchase out of pocket

Reviewed on 2021/09/12

All in all, a PDF editor is an essential tool for any workplace, and many people cannot work without one. Adobe Acrobat Reader is one of the most popular Adobe applications, but it performs so many functions beyond viewing PDF files. By using Adobe Acrobat, you can create and edit content directly on your device to work on projects with your team.

Pros

As part of my assigned office equipment, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC came pre-installed. Our organization provides this software to all employees as part of the standard software suite. However, I do not believe I would purchase this tool. It might be fun to play with, but I will not buy it out of my own pocket.

Having said all of that, the tool does exactly what it claims. Actually, the program is quite effective if you're familiar with it and know your ways around.

For both business and personal use, PDF editing software is indispensable. Whether you are filling out forms or joining PDFs, adding comments and highlighting elements, this app works like a charm. There is no shortage of features either - especially when it comes to security. Yet, like I said, I have a problem with programs that take up many system resources. The same goes for Adobe Acrobat.

I have to consistently use it for years because it is my employer's requirement. However, I lately switched to modern PDF Solutions such as Foxit PDF editor and WPS Office Suite. My usage of this tool has dropped to 20% monthly.

Cons

Just as I mentioned earlier, I am not a big fan of heavy and resource-consuming standalone applications. A good example of this is Adobe Reader. In comparison to many modern PDF solutions such as WPS Office and Foxit Editor, I find the UI to be difficult to use. Although it may not be the easiest tool to use, it remains very useful if you have the right knowledge and computing resources.

Zachariah
Zachariah

Want to read a PDF? Then you should use Adobe's own Reader. It works best.

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

It allows me to read PDFs quickly and without fuss. Easy and simple (i like simple).

We use it...

We use it daily to read invoices and final artwork submitted to us.

By having the artwork PDF'd and opening it with the same software developers product that we are all seeing the same thing. That's good for everyone as otherwise we could have big disputes resulting in fights over printed or web published artwork from advertisers that's not right and the subsequent fights over money.

Pros

First off, i like being able to download the product from the manufacturer/developers site directly. This way you feel safe that you are getting the right safe product.

Secondly, it just works!!! No funny settings or anything to worry about.

Third, the size of the software is small and quick. Click, click and it is in place.

Lastly and not to be overlooked is that it is FREE! That's pretty important.

If you are making use of PDFs and just want them to open and be readable then this is what you need. (note: you can also get fancy PDF versions from Adobe that do all kinds of extra things). Even with this version you can add notes and things to the PDF and share it with others.

It even works on tablets and phones so that's convenient to have cross platform access all on the same program.

Cons

I rated customer support as 4 stars (which may be a bit silly since i have never really run into a snag with the program) but i can't rate it 100% without having tried or needed it.

There are more fancy versions of the software which you can pay for but i must admit i have not really even needed them (yet). At least they are not pushy about advertising their paid versions all the time.

Muhsina

Excellent for Official and personal purposes (About the core version 19.2048)

Reviewed on 2018/12/09

I would definitely recommend this to others as it makes the work easier to an extent. :)

Pros

These days , most of the files and documents are shared in the PDF formats which is easier to share, especially via email. As an online tutor and a teacher by profession I have a lots of PDF study materials to be used on a daily basis.

The customized Zoom level option helps to view the document in the actual size preferred by the user. The customized Page number option helps to type in the page number and go directly to that particular page.
The Save to Adobe Document cloud is much more useful as it helps to save the document to a drive and enables the use to access it from any devices using the login id and password (same as Google Drive, but only PDF files can be uploaded to this cloud).
The find text option helps to directly search for that particular sentence or word we are looking for.
The high light text option helps to make a quick marking of the important points in a document.
The Add sticky note option enables the user to add a note as and when reading the document, the time and date of the note is automatically posted along with the note. User can also add replies or responses to this note as and when needed.

As a whole this software is much user friendly and hassle-free.
The learning process of using this software isn't time consuming.

Cons

1. The trial version and full version is way too different with the options. (Covert to .doc / Edit PDF etc ) are not allowed in the trial version.
2. The price for a month is too high.
3. At times opening a large PDF file ( in my case Books with a 300 pages ) makes the software respond slower.

Scott
  • Industry: Design

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Overall i am extremely satisfied with Acrobat Reader DC. Without it, i cant imagine another program that could create the drawings and documents i use daily at work. Its very easy to print from, and if you get to learn all the shortcuts then it becomes even more efficient to use. Its a wonderful format to create PDF's to then receive and send files via email. Its a very popular format so i have no issues with no one being able to access my work.

Pros

I use Acrobat Reader pretty much every day. I produce CAD drawings in PDF format to send to manufacturers and issue internally within our company. The best concept of Adobe Reader is the quality of the text, borders, etc as these are vectorized which means the quality doesn't degrade as you increase the magnification. Also, the PDF page is exactly as the author created it, the text, borders, pictures etc are in exactly the same place as when it was created (like a snapshot) and these dont 'jump' around when it is opened on another machine (like in Word for example).

Something i use Acrobat Reader a lot for is editing text on other PDF's. I add a 'sticky note' to anywhere on the PDF doc and add whatever text i want. This is then signed with my name and dated. Other additional people can add their comments also.

It is also important to mention I have never had a corrupt PDF file and i have literally created thousands of documents over the course of my career.

Cons

I actually dont have any negative comments with this program. Its very quick and reliable and extremely useful in my day to day usage.

juan
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

the king of pdf

Reviewed on 2020/11/06

the best solution to capture information from any application of any digital system, it is quite good since it is a universal file reader, very versatile and above all very easy to use, acquiring the PRO version, it does wonders with the software, without a doubt It is the favorite of many.

Pros

The advantages of the software are many, since it has no limitations, considering the pro version, since it allows you to create PDF files from blank pages, any type of document, Web pages, scanned / digitized printed documents and even the content from the clipboard. You can choose from various PDF creation methods depending on the type of file you start with and the desired requirements for the PDF. To give a few examples, PDF files can be created from paper documents, Word documents, InDesign® files, and digital images. There are different PDF conversion tools for different types of source files. In many applications you can create a PDF by selecting the Adobe PDF printer in the Print dialog box. If a file is open in the application that was created (for example, a spreadsheet open in Microsoft Excel), you do not have to open the acrobat to convert it into PDF, it is a super functional tool.

Cons

I could say that one of the disadvantages or limitation of the software is its trial version, because it only allows the main and basic functions, to use it in its entirety requires a payment, which is considerable and fair given the quality of the software

Kristin
Kristin
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Great features for long-distance documentation

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Acrobat Reader DC is excellent for my editing needs. I can review text, comment, and converse all within the same document. The functions are numerous and intuitive.

Pros

I work remotely as an editor and technical writer, so I spend a lot of time working with documents that I need to add comments to, underline passages in, reword and rework, etc. Acrobat Reader makes this process very easy for me using the Comment option. I can highlight in multiple colors, underline, add "sticky notes", and so on. Some of this even happens automatically, if I type in the document or backspace over existing text, the strike through appears or a little tab showing I added text. The comments allow you to quickly see what pages need attention by letting you click on an annotation in the sidebar and navigating directly to the page. You can send annotated versions back and forth and are able to see the document at the same time as you're viewing what others have recommended. I cannot imagine doing my job without it.

Cons

How some bizarre reason, saving can be cumbersome. I often am prompted to Save As when I select Save from the File menu, and sometimes comments get lost.

I very much enjoy that I can select the highlight text option and double click on words or select passages, without having to reselect the highlight text option to continue using it. However, the strike through and underline options don't work like this, and have to be reselected every time.