Showing 53 reviews of 41

XSplit Broadcaster

Live video streaming and recording management solution

Showing 53 reviews of 41
Hugo V.
  • Industry: Computer Games

Easy as pressing a button

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

I was having a problem with another livestream program, as it was not able to use all the power of my processor, so I decided to buy the xsplit which besides taking good advantage of my processor surprised me by being lighter than the old one that I used which helped a lot in the gain of fps in games that I do streaming.

Pros

XSplit Broadcaster was one of the few livestream programs that was really easy and intuitive to set up, without requiring any knowledge anyone who wants to do livestream will be able to use it, even having a computer with basic settings.

Cons

The only thing missing for him to be perfect and have more addons in the app store.

German liber L.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Good buddy to stream on a good/medium bandwidth.

Reviewed on 2020/12/31

Pros

I used Xsplit for one of film series projects online, i had one open to public last year but since COVID-19 the times really changed and i had to broadcast the films via streaming. The good thing about Xsplit is the plugin market (it only has a few, but they are really functional). In comparison to another streaming softwares, the Xsplit learning curve is really short and fast. You can watch a few tutorials on the Internet and start streaming without any problems. It has a (limited) but free version, and you can stream at least at 30fps, and that's a good thing. Capture devices and webcam can be delayed and works great on a good/medium bandwidth.

Cons

The cons on Xsplit are related to the price and the resources that the software take. I don't have a really powerful PC and the software lately started to lag and take up some important amount of CPU. The license price for commercial use is really expensive, and the free version doesn't offer the complete package, is really limited.

• Industry: Banking

A simple streaming program that uses a little too much CPU.

Reviewed on 2018/02/19

Pros

From setup to broadcast, getting XSplit to do its thing is incredibly simple. It even has hooks built in for just about any streaming service you could want.

Cons

The biggest problem I have with XSplit is that it causes major slowdown in my games. That is a significant problem considering the use of this program. I hope they can one day slim it down a bit, until then I'm content using an alternative source that doesn't provide anywhere near the options XSplit does.

• Industry: Computer Games
  • Used Other for 1+ year

XSplit is OK for streaming, but where it really shines is video recording for trailer...

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

I've been looking for a reliable video capture software to capture footage of video games that I am developing, to edit into trailers. Video resolution, fixed frame rate capture, file size and quality were my main concerns.

Pros

XSplit runs smooth and quietly when used for high res, high framerate video capture. It can handle 2k and 4k recordings without hiccups and with a small file size. Video quality is fantastic.

Cons

The streaming features and overlay features are lacking customisation options, though I don't really use the software for that.

Michael B.

XSplit is an excellent streaming broadcast platform.

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

When we use XSplit, it's usually for 2 types of events.
#1 - We record and broadcast over the internet a locally hosted event. It does this perfectly, and there is no other solution that can match XSplit for this. It just works amazinly well.
#2 - We capture and re-broadcast (multicast) internally for bandwidth savings across hundress of screens. Usually this is only when major world events are happening, but we do it several times a year. XSplit is also the top choice for this totally flexible solution. We may not know what our source medium is until minutes before broadcast, but X Split can always handle it.

Pros

XSplit can do what you probably want it to do, with it's army of plugins, and more. The scene features, overlays, and more give a nice feature set that's easy and "Just Works." The local broadcast option has been an important feature for us.

Cons

XSplit is a very sign on type program .You login to launch. This might be fine for most environments, but it felt a bit "Home User," type to us when deploying. The performance is not affected by this at all, and I find XSplit superb in all other regards.
Frequent Updates can be both a Pro and a Con for the monthly user.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Not good enough to make me switch over honestly.

Reviewed on 2018/02/19

Pros

I've been using the GeForce experience to stream for some time now, and the massive feature set of XSplit seemed like a good next step. There's so much you can do with scenes and transitions even on a free level that is appealing.

Cons

Ultimately, XSplit caused too much slowdown on my machine over GeForce for me to switch. This is a big issue for me, and people who watch streams, that I think it's unfortunate. You can rightfully say my PC isn't quite up to snuff, but the current program I use performs just fine, I would expect XSplit to be on par? Maybe the additional features would be worth it one day, but for now not quite.

Grant B.

Why, when OBS is free?

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

It was ok, but I could do as much with OBS for free for my specific use case.

Pros

The new V-cam feature is pretty cool and multistream being built-in is pretty helpful, not having to use extra products.

Cons

OBS is free and won't watermark your stuff, ever. Xsplit is more contained and less customizable, therefore is restrictive to me.

Zachery J.
  • Industry: Law Enforcement
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

It's not bad but not great

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

My overall experience using xsplit was great, but I eventually wanted to do more then what I could actually do with the free and didn't feel like paying.

Pros

Xsplit has a lot of neat features, such as overlays customizing your screen, your backdrop, so forth. It has been many moons since I've used xsplit but it is still one of the best streaming software's out there in my opinion. For those of you who just want to stream and go xsplit is a great software and I would recommend it for you.

Cons

To get into most of the stuff that I wanted to do, it required payment and that wasn't really what i was all about at that time because i wasn't making any money during streams. This is the only thing that led me to switch

Brian B.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Xsplit Tool for brodcasters

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

I enjoyed using it cause it was simple even the free part was good but i had to get the lifetime

Pros

Xsplit software is pretty plug and play automatically picks up the capture Card and sets the right fps and sound settings for it. also has a built in background remover that i enjoy very much.

Cons

Having to pay monthly to use the software was annoying so i decided to buy the lifetime pass.

Charles C.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Good, but not worth paying monthly

Reviewed on 2018/09/16

Pros

If you don't mind paying for a program for streaming then xsplit might be your solution. Xsplit is simple to use and does its job. Has all the features you need to successfully stream and even it doesn't, you can add additional addons and hooks to fulfill your needs.

Cons

A con would be that you need to pay for it. There are better options than xsplit and are free. There are some issues reported with xsplit that it slows down people's computers.

Rayjan K.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

XSplit

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

Screen records without problems more than 95% of the time.

Pros

Works with older computers as well... The version i am using is still compatible with Windows 7, and that has been a huge plus since i cannot afford to upgrade my computer.

Cons

There was some difficulties over time with this program, but i am pretty sure it was my computer (Windows 7 laptop).

Nenad J.

XSplit Broadcaster - a good paid competitor

Reviewed on 2021/02/15

it's been great even though I have moved away, their free webcam phone link tool is amazing and a great free value for everyone.

Pros

Support and deployment is by far quicker and easier than any free or paid alternatives, it's their business to make money from support and ease so it's good that they do a great job at this - I would recommend them to all new broadcasters, they have some free tools which are good too.

Cons

The amount of free competitors out there is too high - suggestion a $60/Yearly tool to someone broadcasting online for free is generally a dealbreaker when lots of free tools are out there - they need to be a bit more competetive in this space to make the price work.

Nipuna R.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Best Software for Broadcasting needs

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

After trying many broadcasting softwares, I stopped at Xsplit, because it is very simple and attractive UI and features. Recommend to everyone with broadcasting needs.

Pros

With Xsplit Broadcaster, we can highly customize the scenes with many effects, many inputs and capture devices. Can contol audio inputs accordingly. Projection output is a very nice feature which we can output the final video to a projector or other local viewers.

Cons

Very high frame drop happens when the network speed drops. Hope it will add some feature to view current network speed and required network speed. Cannot broadcast to facebook and Youtube simultaneously.

Worth the money

Reviewed on 2018/01/10

Pros

Features are what is making xsplit a very good broadcasting software, you have everything you need to stream games or anything else.

Cons

When I was using xsplit I had a lot of crashes even if my computer is able to handle the game while broadcasting.

Steven L.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

XSplit Broadcasting with twitch and you

Reviewed on 2020/04/08

XSplit Broadcaster has features that can help you create great streams to Twitch and other services such as Facebook and Youtube. I had my doubts at first. But have to admit using this is a better option for the beginner streamer/gamer/media content creator.

Pros

The Ability to craft your own title and tags for ease of search. The list of compatible technology that integrates with the software and the amount of data servers there are to help accommodate your needs when streaming whether on wifi or on a ethernet connection, XSplit is a wonder at ease to use for your Podcast, Game streaming, reviewer needs and wants.

Cons

I am not sure that there are many cons to this software. Maybe one thing that is disappointing about the program is the lack of customization. There is software out there like OBS that allow for graphic additions, sounds, scrolling marquee for promotionals.

Casey W.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Subscription based in a free market

Reviewed on 2019/12/14

My overall with XSplit is unfortunately a bit disappointing. I find it hard to recommend when their are free competitors with as good, or better, functionality. XSplit alternatives are usually more lightweight with a more user-friendly interface.

Pros

Admittedly, XSplit is a pretty powerful program. It's functionality is very good for a broadcasting tool.

Cons

It is a resource hog. On a mid-end computer that could use OBS to its full functionality, XSplit would frequently bog down the entire PC.

User interface was slow to respond and unwieldy to navigate.

Ujjwal S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

i Bought Its full time license & Satisfy with it

Reviewed on 2020/05/02

Pros

i Love this software because it is very easy to use and easy to install. It provides high quality streams in less cpu and gpu power consumption.
I use it daily for my streaming workflow.
I have written full review of this product also here [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
I bough it from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons

Seriously if i tell you then i did not feel any con with this software because it is very easy to use.

Didier S.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Xsplit is the most solid stream solution

Reviewed on 2020/01/09

Since i use Xsplit i realize how it simple to stream without stress with this software and i like it, they always search to expanse the great experience of each user, i 'm glad

Pros

I like this soft, especially when you can cut your movie inside with the XSplit Express Video Editor integrate with it

Most important, it's easy to setting your channel, wathever it is, YouTube, Facebook or other, it work fast and shure, i use it every week for visual interview with 3 webcam on my computer and i switch beetween my differrent webcam with Stream-Deck

I put a green screen behind me and i can make a chromakeying quickly to put a picture for illustrate all my said during my live, wonderful

Cons

Nothing to tell wrong, just perfect if you want to stream like a pro whatever your channel, Xsplit is your tool without doubt

Bryce C.

XSplit Overall

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

Pros

In total the program is great for beginners and is very easy to use.

Cons

Price is really high and not many good features professionally for mainstream users.

Matthew B.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Works for some things that I need

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

None of these type of products have worked universally, but XSplit is a good option that works often

Pros

I like the ability to record/save/capture computer video and audio

Cons

Capturing and broadcasting didn't seem to work when some specific software was active on the desktop. I imagine part of this is due to the software restrictions (not XSplit) itself, but I've used other video capture software that works on different products.

John "colderice" L.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Not worth it, save your money

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

Customer support is non existent

Pros

The promise was large, delivery was not existent

Cons

It does not work, save your money and get something that actually does as described, this unfortunately does not.