Neos

Top-Rated Cloud-Based Legal Case Management Software

Bettina

Neos Works for You so You Don't have to Work so Hard

Reviewed on 2022/09/16

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been tremendous to work with and will continue to help us get to the point when we fully use Neos. The initial training was not spectacular. But when she came on board, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] stepped up and that has gotten us closer to the optimized point of fully using Neos.

Pros

Neos has been a true blessing to my law firm. First, it is intuitive. You can get started using Neos without too much training and then more training when you get more involved in all that Neos can provide. The Neos Staff, [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!, has just been awesome to deal with and has been right by our side during the harder implementation of Neos. It does take time to fully use all of the powers of Neos and we are still in that process. So we look forward to the time when Neos is fully powered up and working for our clients and for us!

Cons

The integration and migration from our last software management system was difficult. But I do not think that is at the fault of Neos or the other company. We were using an antiquated system and the migration simply was not clean. And we are still working through that. But the point here is that Neos has helped us along the way with the challenging migration. And we appreciate it!

Response from Assembly Software

Bettina - Thank you for your comprehensive review of Neos. We appreciate your feedback and will share with Pamela! Thanks again for being a valued customer! - The Neos Team

Cynthia

Neos

Reviewed on 2022/09/16

My overall experience has been great. Our support person is very helpful and always willing to help. Most of the time when you put in a service ticket someone gets back to you immediately.

Pros

The ability to transfer from our server based NEEDLES to NEOS with little to no problems. NEOS is very user friendly. As with all software, there will always be likes and dislikes but overall in my opinion NEOS was the best for our firm.

Cons

We were excited that we could set up our own reports. However, we still have problems doing this so if I had to choose what I least like it would be reporting and to get additional training with the reports you have to pay.

Filevine, SmartAdvocate and backdocket

Reasons for Switching to Neos

Ease of Use and Price

Response from Assembly Software

Cynthia - Thank you for your 5-star rating and 10 of 10 recommendation. We appreciate your feedback around reporting and will share it with the product team! Thank you for being a valued customer. - The Neos Team

Jason
  • Industry: Legal Services

Could be Amazing, but they won't stop breaking it

Reviewed on 2022/09/27

Neos has created more problems than solutions for me. Although the features are impressive, they have to work correctly to be a feature. Help articles are a bit of a joke. For example, in coding templates with advance field codes in Word, Neos has examples of if->then functions in their help files. However, even with proper coding, the if -> then function won't always work. There have been some issues with documents coded with "ALL CAPS" fields as well, which is a common thing to use in legal documents. The code sometimes gets ignored entirely when "ALL CAPS" is chosen. You can submit tickets, but never really know what the status is once it's sent to "development."

Pros

Customization options are the best part of Neos. It has potential.

Cons

Neos will slow down to unusable speeds, typically when trying to access the calendar view, but also randomly. The calendar is always problematic. After implementation of Neos, it kept altering our calendar, and some entries were deleted. That was terrifying for a legal firm. While generally I'd appreciate regular updates, if they are not fully tested, they should not be rolled out. Almost every update (other than small hotfixes) has caused numerous errors. Eventually, they will fix them, but the first week or so after any update results in error message after error message. Most recently, the error messages for "Failure to Load Data" or "Failure to Save Data" have become a nuisance. Be prepared to constantly refresh, reload, go to incognito mode, try again and still have the same issues.

The document indexing between various views will show different documents (i.e. list view may show indexed items that no longer exist in the file). If you have a problem that is not a "system" problem as deemed by Neos, you will likely never hear back from "development" when your issue is escalated. I've had tickets open in excess of a year, and even with follow-up requests, no solutions. Often, technical support knows less about how to use the program than our end users.

Response from Assembly Software

Jason - Thank you for your candid feedback - we have shared it with the product team. Additionally, your Customer Success Manager will be in touch to discuss your experience and help where needed. - The Neos Team

Cathy

A HAPPY USER of NEOS

Reviewed on 2022/09/16

100% awesome. I can go on and on about the software the support and love of the use of the software.

Pros

The functionality of adapting the software to the users legal needs is awesome. We now can easily rely on the case management of the cases where we could not with Perfect Practice. The software also allow us to customize the software to our style of case management. SUPPORT IS AWESOME. We could not have made it without [SENSITIVE CONTENT]! She has been the best.

Cons

The report customization is a hard for me to use.

Response from Assembly Software

Cathy - We truly appreciate your feedback and honest review of Neos. Thank you for your 10 of 10, 5-star rating. We love having you as a customer! - The Neos Team

Haley
  • Industry: Legal Services

Essential for great case management! Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 2022/06/09

My overall experience with Needles Neos has been simply wonderful. We have all the tools necessary to track and maintain all cases, and it's a great feeling to not wonder about what's going on in a case because you can find the answer immediately in the program.

Pros

I like that there always are new features being added in addition to the old, great features the program already contains. I like the daily reminders on each case keeping us current and up to date on all our files. I like the simplicity of the calendar and the integration with Outlook. I like the time that I am saved by document generation. I like to be able to directly text clients from the platform. I like the ease of entry of parties, cases, etc. I like the various reports that can be created with the click of a button.

Cons

When you create a new calendar item, it automatically sets the time to 12:00 a.m. if you do not change the time, you will ultimately miss that calendared item.

Response from Assembly Software

Haley - Thank you for your 5-star rating and 10 of 10 recommendation. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with the product team! Thank you for being a valued customer. - The Neos Team

Nina
  • Industry: Law Practice

move on to a different software - don't stress yourself and your employees

Reviewed on 2024/02/08

TERRIBLE - please don't waste your time and money - move on
misinformation - each step of the way...

TERRIBLE - please don't waste your time and money - move on
misinformation - each step of the way we were led to believe that some of our other programs would work as they did with needles - NOT

Pros

cant find one Pro - numerous steps required to complete simple tasks

Cons

the Customer service is beyond terrible - they are useless - the "ZOOMS" we not the least bit informative - covered everything except what was needed when coming from needles to NEOS-we had saved reports and documents in NEEDLES - they can not be transferred to NEOS - either we recode all the documents that are needed or Assembly will recode and upload - for a few hundred a document - unacceptable - we already had the documents in YOUR other program - truly terrible

Bradford
  • Industry: Law Practice

Prospective from an intake team lead.

Reviewed on 2022/09/26

Overall i have been very impressed. I am excited to explore more of the unknown features the program has to offer to improve my teams efficiency rating.

Pros

The program is very powerful. It feels like a sand box that i can shape into what i need the program to be. We are excited to integrate our training material into the software. Although the required actions by our staff need to be more precise than a less powerful program, the ability to complete the tasks required by our team as well as the integration with time saving resources like Zapier has been invaluable.

Cons

Training this software has been difficult., I have no experience in case management with this software, but on the intake side it has been a struggle. We are interested in integrating some of our internal training material into the software to make case evaluations smoother, but have yet to roll out the program.

Response from Assembly Software

Bradford - Thank you for your 5-star rating and comprehensive review of Neos. We appreciate your feedback around training and have shared it with the Customer Support team. We are committed to helping you implement the program and improve your team's efficiency rating. - The Neos Team

Brian

Neos Review

Reviewed on 2022/03/01

The checklist is the best way to do business. Our checklists are very specific and tasks are coded by job title so nothing ever falls through the cracks. The feedback from across the board on our team has been positive.

Pros

Neos is very easy to use and has a quick learning curve. The system is very intuitive. Our team loves the checklist system because nothing falls through the cracks that way. The Value Tab is great for managing the financial side of the case and the notes system makes it easy to organize data and review files. The outlook integrations are seamless and make posting emails to files very easy.

Cons

We moved from a server based document system to a cloud based system. That comes with challenges that are not unique to Neos. Neos has done a great job in that regard but it has been an adjustment for our team.

Response from Assembly Software

Brian - Thank you for your 5-star rating and 10 of 10 recommendation. We truly appreciate your feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer. - The Neos Team

Nicole
  • Industry: Legal Services

Great software for keeping track of your legal cases

Reviewed on 2022/06/07

Pros

I really like how it seamlessly blends to Outlook, Word, PDF. I like the ease of use and being able to create multiple documents at once. I really like the value tab and the many ways you can use that. With one click, I can find out how much we will need to settle for based on the outstanding bills and costs. Overall, it's a really great program.

Cons

I wish the checklist was easier to use and that you were able to link the checklist items to documents. For instance, once a medical record is requested, you could have a check list item automatically populate to follow up for those records in 30 or 40 days.

Response from Assembly Software

Nicole - Thank you for your 5-star rating and 10 of 10 recommendation. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with the product team! Thank you for being a valued customer. - The Neos Team

Frank
  • Industry: Legal Services

Beware! Stay away from this product. It is terrible. Worst decision I ever made was getting...

Reviewed on 2021/08/31

Absolutely horrific!

Absolutely horrific!

Pros

The ideas behind the product are good. But they are just ideas and goals. The product does not work.

Cons

Neos should not be released. Its constantly freezes up. Data is lost. They promise to bring over data from Needles or another system but they can not. It runs extremely slow. We have all brand new computers and pay for the highest speed internet possible and the system is so slow its ridiculous and unusable.

Response from Assembly Software

Frank - Thank you for the feedback on Neos. Data integrity for our customers is our top priority. Please contact [email protected] so we can fully investigate the root cause of any issues. -The Neos Team

Ivonne

Simple Product

Reviewed on 2022/11/18

its ok, the converting process was not great, and we switched from Needles desktop 5, so i was very disappointed in that part. The templates still do not work.

Pros

It is very easy to use, and intuitive and it's easy to train new people on it.

Cons

I do not like that you cannot customize some of the information and that we have to scroll down on some pages,

Litify

Reasons for Switching to Neos

Cost -

Response from Assembly Software

Ivonne - Thank you for your candid review. We appreciate the feedback and will contact you to resolve any outstanding items from your transition.

Best,
The Neos Team

Alexander
  • Industry: Legal Services

Costs have risen and the product has not improved

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

Pros

Easy to use interface, ability to modify

Cons

No progress in regard to upgrading the system. It has remained essentially unchanged for 15 years. Despite this, costs have increased, supplemental charges for things that were standard, and quarterly support payments yet I am still uncertain as to what is covered in "support" as any issue we have, we are directed to contact our IT company or are given an additional charge for assistance.

Response from Assembly Software

Alexander, we appreciate you taking time to review Needles. Needles 5.0 was released over a year ago and has been updated 6+ times with new features and improvements during the past 18 months. Needles Software Support is available to all customers with a current maintenance program and includes technical and "how-to" assistance for you or your IT Vendor. We would be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Nikki

Transition from Needles to NEOS

Reviewed on 2022/02/09

Transition from Needles to NEOS….

We were very comfortable with Needles because we used the...

Transition from Needles to NEOS….

We were very comfortable with Needles because we used the software from 2013-2021. So, when we first transitioned to NEOS we had hesitation and obstacles to work through. There were many challenges at the beginning, however with the training and support we received from the NEOS team they made it much easier to transition. We were very reluctant and wanted to go back to Needles but never gave up. NEOS staff/support were there for every question I had, every problem I needed solved, etc. They were always so kind, and patient throughout the entire process and to this day! Now, at almost 1 year later I cannot even remember what Needles was like. NEOS offers so much more than Needles and we are so pleased we stuck with it!

Nikki Mayse, Paralegal
Shawn Taylor, PLLC

Pros

I couldn't imagine NOT having NEOS now!

Cons

Just the transition which change is always hard with anything.

Response from Assembly Software

Nikki - Thank you for your 5-star rating and 10 of 10 recommendation. We truly appreciate your feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer. - The Neos Team

Amanda

After 1 year of use

Reviewed on 2021/08/06

Pros

Easy to use, many features, overall solid case management program.

Cons

Neos uses it's customers for beta testing when implementing new functions. Bugs and issues are not resolved prior to new features being put out causing other aspects of the program to fail. This is a reoccurring issue and affects the ability to use the program for it's intended purpose.

Response from Assembly Software

Amanda, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you feel that the program provides solid case management and is easy to use with many features.

Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Success Managers to talk about the issues you've experienced and allow us to provide any suggestions to our Product team.

We appreciate your feedback on this and look forward to speaking with you.

Astacia

Pleasant

Pleasant

Pros

This software is easy to use and also easy to build in to what is needed for our firm. I am amazed at how easily it has all flowed with our daily activities with our cases. It keeps each employee accountable for there work and gives our attorney the ability to relax a bit with our deadlines and statue dates.

Cons

The conversion was challenging but to Neos' credit, all of your representatives have been nothing but helpful in training us on how to fix any issues we may have.

Response from Assembly Software

Astacia - Thank you for your 5-star rating and 10 of 10 recommendation. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with the product team! Thank you for being a valued customer. - The Neos Team

Angela

Neos Review

Reviewed on 2021/07/30

Its was positive for the more part. I was very exited about the change. Unfortunately, I feel it takes a lot of time out of the work day when the system is not working properly.

Pros

It was easy to navigate before all the upgrades

Cons

Every time an upgrade is done to the Neos, other features stop working properly.

Response from Assembly Software

Angela, thank you for taking the time to review our software. We know the commitment to change to a new software platform takes time and effort, and we appreciate your comments.

Our latest feature enhancements modified the location of some fields giving users more flexibility in layouts.

Don't hesitate to get in touch with us for additional support at any time. Our support department can assist you with any assistance you need.

Susan
  • Industry: Alternative Dispute Resolution

I would never recommend this company.

Reviewed on 2021/09/29

I would never work with this company again. My experience has been awful.

I would never work with this company again. My experience has been awful.

Pros

We tried to upgrade from Needles to Neos and it was an overall terrible experience. Nothing took place as promised. A complete and utter waste of my firm's time.

Cons

Terrible training. Non-existent follow up. Constant delays and excuses.

Response from Assembly Software

Susan - We strive for excellence but it sounds like we missed the mark here. Our migration process has been updated to get all clients live on Neos faster. Please contact [email protected] and we will make sure to resolve any issues. - The Neos Team

Arthur

New Needles Neos User

Reviewed on 2021/12/03

Love it and would not want to go back to the Old Needles program. There are updates periodically showing that they are improving this software and are listening to our needs.

Pros

Being familiar with the old Needles helped to ease into the transition of Neos. The transition was pretty easy due to the experienced Neos employees that assisted us with transition.

Cons

I wish there were different colors for the type of case PreLit vs Lit and closed files. There are some minor changes I would make in the "add in" and the knowledge to create more merge field documents for the lay person.

Response from Assembly Software

Arthur - Thank you for your 10 out of 10 rating. We are glad to hear your transition was smooth and you love using Neos. We will share your suggestion around color coding with the product team. Thanks again for your feedback and for being a valued customer! - The Neos Team

Holly
  • Industry: Law Practice

Love the personalization options of Neos!

Reviewed on 2022/05/23

I love the ease of use of Neos! Also, the amount of items we can personalize to meet our needs is priceless! We also love the documents tab---it saves so much time being able to edit documents from within Neos and have it save into the program.

Pros

Our office has really enjoyed 'getting to know' Neos. The multiple tutorials were exactly what we needed to familiarize ourselves with the new features prior to going live. Our entire team felt prepared to make the switch on our Live date. Everything went seamlessly and the support staff was WONDERFUL and answered all our questions timely. It was a smooth, easy transition.

Cons

My only complaint is how big the screen is. In order to see all the features at once I ended up purchasing a larger screen. On a typical laptop screen you can only see a couple lines of the checklist or value tab which makes it difficult to view. However, this problem was fixed by using a larger screen.

Response from Assembly Software

Holly - Thank you for your 5-star rating and 10 of 10 recommendation. We love having you as a customer! - The Neos Team

Kellie

Easy to Learn and Use

Reviewed on 2022/06/02

Pros

It is easy to learn. Easy to access from any where since it is a web based program. Makes case and document management simple.

Cons

Just like anything else getting used to the "new" was a transition now we are over that hump

Response from Assembly Software

Kellie - Thank you for your 5-star rating and 10 of 10 recommendation. We love having you as a customer! - The Neos Team

Jessica

Easy to Use and Good Quality

Reviewed on 2022/09/27

It's a simple and easy system to use. Easy to stay organized on client's cases. Have no major issues with it and enjoy using it on a regular basis.

Pros

Overall, good software and easy to use. Customer service is always very friendly and helpful. They take care of issues quickly.

Cons

There are occasional bugs that come around with the updates. Can lag or be slow to load from time to time (not internet related lagging).

Response from Assembly Software

Jessica - Thank you for your feedback on Neos. We appreciate your 4-star rating.
-The Neos Team

Jim

Neels user

Reviewed on 2022/03/18

Great

Great

Pros

Ease-of-use, and the front end CRM, Zappier

Cons

They need some automation features, but it feels like it’s coming

Response from Assembly Software

Jim - Thank you for your 5-star rating and 10 of 10 recommendation. We truly appreciate your feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer. - The Neos Team

Krista

Easy to Use but Lacking in Search

Reviewed on 2021/05/06

Pros

It's easy to use and can be logged into from anywhere.

Cons

The search feature is VERY lacking. In the desktop application, the search was able to filter and index more than just letters or characters. This needs to be addressed.

Response from Assembly Software

Kirsta, thank you for your comments and suggestions regarding Neos. We are building our program with the assistance of customers like you and your firm.

Our Product Team will be adding new features to the Advanced Search soon.

I used this software daily as a case manager at a law firm

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

It could generate documents, filling in certain fields automatically from the database. It could store healthcare providers and other contacts for easy medical requests. You can schedule events so you do not miss deadlines.

Cons

Sometimes it is clunky and crashes. Sometimes it isn't easy to deteine of you are making a duplicate entry. Might have more to do with the programming of the firm than the software itself.

lisa
  • Used for 2+ years

The ease of use of this software is undeniably amazing!

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

So easy to use this software. For injury cases, simply go through the tabs and enter the information. The software handles basically everything from there. You get reminders of important items to follow up on, patient contact, and statute dates as well. Getting phone conversations, messages and such are seamless as well. No need to have a heavy paper file ever again.

Cons

It is a bit costly, but absolutely worth every penny. It needs to have a bit more detail as far as permissions go. Maybe more detail so as nothing important is lost by a user.

Response from Assembly Software

Thank you for your review, Lisa! We appreciate your feedback!