Shopify POS Reviews

Shopify POS

POS for unifying in-store & online sales

Kaden
Kaden

Revolutionized My Business

Reviewed on 2019/09/21

Awesome. They’ve changed our business to one that was making $500 a month to one that has quadrupled in size in just a year.

Pros

I have been so impressed with everything that Shopify offers. Their reporting, different integrations, website building, all of it is so impressive.

Cons

I haven’t found anything that I don’t like about Shopify. I’ve been very impressed with them from the beginning.

• Industry: Accounting

Amazing POS solution for Shopify store owners

Reviewed on 2022/06/02

Overall experience is very satisfactory and does all the things that we have expected out of a POS system. I would definitely recommend it to someone who has an online Shopify store and a retail store to sync the data and leverage the power of Shopify in analytics, order management, and inventory management with multiple locations

Pros

The most important feature of this product is it syncs the retail store orders with your online store and keeps the order management easy. It also takes care of payment processing and sales reports. We can use multi-location in Shopify to differentiate the inventory between the online store and the retail store.

Cons

I have remembered that there were some issues/limitations on the Shopify side when it came to refunding some of the orders and we can't find the order by the customer name, in such scenarios, It could have been better when the customer don't have their credit card or email with them

Andrea
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Used for 1+ year

Shopify Sales System

Reviewed on 2021/05/20

Overall it's a great system once you can get all your information to set up which can be a bit tidious, but the finished product is exactly what you need for your business

Pros

Its good that you can have the option of collecting your payments from your drop shipping plan using your mobile or any android

Cons

Check out can be a bit easier and quicker on the mobile app, it takes a lot to get the system up and running a lot of repetitive questions

Winnie
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Inventory sales

Reviewed on 2023/09/06

Pros

Shopify is one of the best sets where a merchant can set his or her goods for sale this is just because it is easy to deal with and has experts to help in case of any challenge.

Cons

It processes payments from different kinds of payment methods and also supports virtual payment methods.

Maxwell
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Shopify POS in Food Service

Reviewed on 2023/10/19

Shopify has transformed our reporting and product ability to change/update our products at a moments notice. We are constantly doing different events that require unique products, and Shopify is able to meet every need we have no matter the event/product/discount/payment type. It has also been incredibly easy to teach new users who have no background with the system.

Pros

Shopify makes decision making easy for our operation. The ability to, at a glance, see how products are performing what customers want from us, and whether our pricing is fair.

Cons

Would to see more customizable analytics, where you can select specific views for vertical specific metrics/reporting needs.

Amanda
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Easy to Master

Reviewed on 2023/06/15

Shopify provides a simple, easy to master platform on which to layer our eCommerce shop.

Pros

e-commerce customers enter their orders, information is transmitted to our DC, the DC transmits back shipping information, the shipping information is emailed to the customer and we get paid.

Cons

It still programs in computer language. Changing content isn't as simple as it could be for non-programmers like most of the users/admins probably are.

Anne
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Fantastic Product!

Reviewed on 2023/06/27

It has been so good! I have the ability to market world wide from Zimbabwe and the website never goes down.

Pros

I find it very easy to use and their customer support is fantastic! I have had very few problems in the 8 years I have worked with them that they couldn't solve.

Cons

I would like to say nothing but once in a while a template is a bit of a challenge but that may be more to do with my abilities than them.

Karagan
Karagan

I recommend to everyone starting a business

Reviewed on 2023/02/14

I’m

I’m

Pros

It is beginner, friendly, but also an advanced software. You can do as little or as much as you want with it with hardly any limitations. There are so many apps, available and themes that you can create yourself. I absolutely love it.

Cons

I don’t have anything negative to say about Shopify really. If I hadn’t come up with some thing, it would be that not everything is built-in and you do need an app for a lot of extra things if you don’t wanna go with Shopify pro.

Shari
  • Industry: Design

Why I like Shopify POS

Reviewed on 2023/07/13

Overall, my experience with Shopify POS has been undeniably positive. The platform has provided us with a user-friendly and efficient point of sale solution that has significantly improved our business operations.

Pros

It offers several benefits that make it a positive choice for businesses. It provides a user-friendly interface, allowing merchants to easily manage sales, track inventory, and process payments in a streamlined manner. With its seamless integration with other apps, it makes our business run more effectively.

Cons

One aspect that we have noticed that could be challenging for users looking to implement Shopify POS would be the potential cost. While it offers a range of features and benefits, the associated expenses, such as transaction fees and monthly subscription charges, can accumulate and could become costly. It's important for businesses to carefully consider their budget and needs to ensure that the pricing structure aligns with their expectations.

Justin
Justin

Easy to use. Powerful.

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

It's great for my website and makes fulfilling orders easy.

It's great for my website and makes fulfilling orders easy.

Pros

Just the basic version of Shopify is powerful enough to run a successful e-commerce website. The addition add-ons make you an unstoppable entrepreneur as you can build a custom store to fit your needs.

Cons

I wish you could build a website beyond your web-store within Shopify. You can build pages and do workarounds to make it feel more complete but it lacks some functions you would get from say... Blue Host or Squarespace, or Wix.

Shopify is by far the best shopping cart I've every used, and the POS is no exception.

Reviewed on 2017/12/06

It's constantly saving us money. With Shopify POS we don't have to spend anything extra for the POS support that connects into our existing shopping cart.

Pros

VALUE. Shopify allowed us to have a free developer account to test and work through our hesitations before paying a penny for the cart. The POS system comes with the cart for free, it works flawlessly on any apple device, I haven't tried the android offering, but I'm sure it's great as well. The account comes with multiple logins for managing employees with specified permissions for keeping eyes and fingers out of places they shouldn't be. And to top it all off it has a fantastic API connection that allows us to connect it to our Fishbowl Inventory Management system, which brings in the orders from both cart and POS and sorts the inventory out, handles the shipping with shipstation, posts back tracking and fulfills the orders in shopify and all the while capturing all the financial data in QB. I could seriously fire multiple employees for all the time and work this automation is doing for me.

Cons

If I had to complain it would be that there are some things you can't customize that you might be able to with one of the self hosted carts such as magento, woocommerce, or even magento 2.

Dan
  • Industry: Higher Education

Incredible versatility at a very reasonable cost

Reviewed on 2021/08/23

Shopify POS makes selling items in-person a total breeze. Barcodes can be scanned with the iPad's camera, and integrating either Shopify payments or third-party credit card systems are very easy. Plus, receipts can be printed, e-mailed, or texted

Pros

The ease with which one can customize the buttons (discounts, etc.), product selection, adding multiple products to an order, the ease with which one can accept payment methods (cash, cc, or third party payment), and the ability to take the system anywhere where there is an internet connection (i.e. mobile).

Cons

The fact that you cannot use any bluetooth hand scanner with the system (there's only one and it's very expensive).

Jessi
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

It works okay but not great

Reviewed on 2021/06/24

It does the job, but I think Square is overall better.

It does the job, but I think Square is overall better.

Pros

I like that it integrates with Shopify. The card readers are high quality. The app interface is okay.

Cons

The app is different on iPad versus iPhone. The iPad version is way better, but we do mostly outdoor events, so we use phones and it's a bummer.

Jonathan
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Needs some work to become a full featured POS system

Reviewed on 2018/10/21

Pros

Relatively easy to set up with recommended hardware for not a ton of money. Runs off an iPad and supports multiple users and cash management. Isn't like a lot of the antiquated POS systems out there

Cons

Checkout flow can be slow which is difficult when there is a long line. Wish it were better at handling exchanges and returns. Would require us to go to the web version of Shopify to get full access to order controls.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Quick, easy, professional ecommerce presence

Reviewed on 2019/03/02

Pros

I work everyday in Shopify and it makes the checkout process for our customers easy peazy. Less pain points and a fast, digestiable checkout process for all. Whether it be creating products, collections, modifying our blogs or more, it makes our lives easier to have a fantastic software to work with.

Cons

I wish we could schedule the rotating banner. This would make life so much easier than having to create and publish the night before or minutes before our launches. Also, make the box in the PAGES expandable rather than the fixed size.

Diana

Great that it integrates with my website

Reviewed on 2022/06/14

Pros

I love that it keeps the inventory accurate between the website and in person sales

Cons

I have had issues with the hardware not working well or disconnecting. Make sure you have several backups.

We use Shopify for eCommerce sales. Some sales are placed via phone that we enter through...

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Ease of use, communication about accounts is so easy, works great with our accounting software and marketing automation. Shopify has made the CSR team much more effective.

Pros

Ease of use - we used to have magento and it was not easy to use at all. Shopify is simple to place all orders and we love the notes section. The notes allow our CSR team to communicate effectively and efficiently regarding accounts.

Cons

Honestly, we have not found anything that we don't like yet. We also use the marketing automation for our customers which is a great tool.

CLIFTON
  • Industry: Sports

Shopify - great solution for our Yoga Studio

Reviewed on 2021/06/15

It was a GREAT experience for all. The Local vendor could monitor all sales easily.

Pros

We partnered with a local vendor to sell retail items at our Yoga Studio. This option enabled us to carry a larger selection of items without having to manage or pay for the inventory. Shopify enable us to handle the POS plus the inventory management. It's ability to show images and bar codes made training the Front Desk staff simple.

Cons

It was another software solution for our Front Desk staff.... BUT it reduced our losses in Retail,,, actually we made money in Retail with out the costs.

Pamela

Excellent E-Commerce Program

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

Pros

We love everything about Shopify. It's easy to use. Allows us to check out customers at our retail store or out at an event when we use our iPad Mini.

Cons

We had not had any real problems with Shopify. Occasionally when an update was done we had to change a couple settings.

Antonio

very good POS

Reviewed on 2021/07/28

Pros

this is your best friend if you have an e-commerce and retail. con can do all in one place.

Cons

nothing, just love the ways how you can manage your store here.

James
James

Makes selling items at events super easy!

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Over all it really makes selling items at events really easy and quick!

Over all it really makes selling items at events really easy and quick!

Pros

I like how each product is laid out in a tile with the image on the front. It makes it very easy to identify the product and add it to the cart.

Cons

It would be great if we could customize products with in the the app. It and adjust the taxes being charged.

Best Way to Become an Online Seller

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

We have been selling our products online and making a good revenue thanks to Shopify for a smooth way of creating your online store.

Pros

Now selling your product on the E-commerce site has just got better with Shopify, I can upload my products and make it available to buyers with the help of this software.

Cons

I think this software is great you just need to make sure you keep upgrading it on time as and when they have a new update.

Brittany
Brittany

Big fan of everything Shopify does

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

Great for small businesses.

Great for small businesses.

Pros

They really are a powerhouse. I have always been a fan of Shopify compared to their competitors.
All of their software is smooth and user-friendly. So of course their POS is too. Very easy to setup, great for beginners, small shops, bloggers. Can be completely automated and is easy to setup. I like that they make it easy to integrate with so many different programs and locations. I used Square before Shopify POS and I would say they're comparable in the way they function and look, however, Shopify's offers a lot more integrations and setups. I have always felt secure using this system as well.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints for this software. It does exactly what I need it to do.

Allison

Shopify POS

Reviewed on 2023/11/20

Good experience and easy to use once it is set up.

Good experience and easy to use once it is set up.

Pros

The ability to have customers shop our website while at an event.

Cons

Needing to have wifi at events can be limited and hard to complete orders without it.

Tom
Tom

Open a store or a booth at a trade show, no problem!

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

I could say about the software is that it needs an internet connection to function. That can be a problem if you're working a booth at an exhibition or show where the wifi or cell service is spotty. Granted, there has to be some way to transmit credit card information to get it approved, but it still is a trouble that the shop keeper has to manage.

Pros

Shopify's POS app is stupid simple to use. It takes payments on the fly and seamlessly integrates with the online store. It sets up in seconds and works on a moment's notice. Using it for day-to-day business or trade shows, the POS software is extremely nimble fits your every selling need.