Norton AntiVirus Reviews

Norton AntiVirus

4,4 (4 439)
Antivirus and online identity protection software

(4 439)

JAZE
JAZE
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Norton Antivirus a.k.a The Computer Bodyguard.

Reviewed on 2021/08/26

I did myself a huge favor by installing Norton on my work laptop. It is as secure as I could expect it to be. I'm covered by Data Breach Notifications, Fictitious I.D Monitoring as well as Credit Card Activity Alerts. I'm good.

Pros

You get 50GB cloud storage space, a secure VPN, Dark Web monitoring, Password Manager, Parental Control and my favorite feature of all, SafeCam. Norton can actually notify you when your webcam has been compromised and cyber-criminals are trying to hack their way into it. Should this happen to you, Norton will block them from being able to access your webcam... how cool is that?

Cons

When it runs its operations in the background, I sometimes see that it hinders the system performance of my laptop. Granted it is not to demanding of my resources but I do still notice a slight lag when I'm using my applications.

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Norton is an effective but costly antivirus software

Reviewed on 2022/04/30

I used this Norton anti-virus for my personal laptop. Also recommended it to my friends to use it and overall the feedback I received from them was good.
It is good to work against strong cyber attackers. It has internet security as well and several add ons applications freely to make your life easy.

Pros

Norton comes with plenty of scan choices and a very good tool for the protection of personal pc's from malware.

Cons

The cost is higher compared to similar application in the market, so it needs to be revised for attracting more users. Another thing is that, need to update the software regularly against strong viruses like ransomwares.

Andrés J
Andrés J

First a selling & marketing company, then an Antivirus maker

Reviewed on 2021/09/21

It's a good product and I do believe it does its job. However, the commercial side of the company pushed me away.

Pros

It works across multiple operating systems as and the experience is quite similar. It does detect virus and it does its job. Support tends to be too automatic, but when you eventually talk to a human, usually in India, they do help and answer all your questions.

Cons

Norton is a selling and marketing company, and this shows so much. This is not bad per se, however every year when I had to renew, prices were 100% or more than the previous years; one year the price increase was over 200%. So, every 12 months I had to cancel my subscription, start with a new order and one year later, repeat the process.

Bitdefender GravityZone
stefano
stefano
  • Industry: Accounting

antivirus solution

Reviewed on 2024/01/11

Pros

it is a good choice to protect your computer from virus ,and also the price is convenient

Cons

i don't like that sometime it slows down my computer

Tichaona Redemptor
Tichaona Redemptor
  • Industry: Design

The best antivirus created for private user.

Reviewed on 2022/03/04

Very exciting and safe for all my personal and ok computers

Very exciting and safe for all my personal and ok computers

Pros

The one thing I like I the fact that we can get a vpn connection as soon as you subscribe to premium package

Cons

Premium packages can be a-little bit pricey

Reasons for Choosing Norton AntiVirus

Just to test out the software

Reasons for Switching to Norton AntiVirus

I have used these other ones in the past before
Chavonda
  • Industry: Entertainment

norton

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Norton software was ok but for the money, it was not worth it for me and the only way I used it as if it was offered for free on my computer then once subscription ended it became annoying and interfering with my computer's startup with pop-ups so eventually I deleted it altogether

Pros

really did not like using this software because my service provider offered it but it was installed on my computer so I had to use it

Cons

this was annoying to me especially every time I turned on my computer it would always pop up a window and it seems to slow down my computer as well.

Ann
Ann

Best antivirus software in the market

Reviewed on 2022/05/17

The assurance of my data protection is the ultimate in my line of business and Norton is up to the task.

Pros

When Norton is on your system be rest assured that you are protected from external and internal viruses. The ease with which it detects and deletes viruses is highly commendable.

Cons

Hardly can find its cons the software is the perfect match for viruses.

Trellix Endpoint Security

Reasons for Switching to Norton AntiVirus

When I wanted to start my online journey I checked for the best anti-virus software and Norton popped up it's better than the product in its class.
Mohsin
Mohsin

A Good Protection for Computer & Mobile

Reviewed on 2022/04/05

Overall experience is satisfying.

Overall experience is satisfying.

Pros

Norton AntiVirus protects computers and mobile in the same account. It protects very well and without compromising device performance. Norton AntiVirus is a known internet protection software for a very long time and it gain trust.

Cons

It's a bit pricy compared to other internet protection, and safety software. Other than that everything is well.

• Industry: Human Resources

It's OK

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

It is like any other Symantec product, top of the line. We just found it to be more than our office & most companies we deal with need.

Pros

Most people trust it because Norton is a well known company. We have always used Norton products, so decided this would be a natural upgrade.

Cons

It's pretty pricey. Compared to other products in the same genre, it is one of the most expensive. Also, it's too much product for smaller organizations.

Reasons for Switching to Norton AntiVirus

Temporarily. We ended up switching to Malwarebytes.
Augustine
Augustine

Easy to Setup

Reviewed on 2022/07/21

Just the best when it comes to protection and easy to use and to set up too

Just the best when it comes to protection and easy to use and to set up too

Pros

It's very easy to setup and it makes the laptop very fast.

Cons

Change the interface and add more things like linking all my gadgets together with the same software

Reasons for Choosing Norton AntiVirus

It's very hard to understand and it removed some of my softwares for work

Angel

Norton has Progressed

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

Norton has come a long way in keeping up with protecting computer users. I never use to recommend the software and was never happy about the need to keep up with all of the updates needed. Now things are more automated and have less undesirable things for me as a user to do.

Pros

I like the ease of use and that when you set it up you can forget about it and it still will protect your machine. Most of the computers sold have this software suite bundled so that helps make the decision.

Cons

The need to take away from my computers memory and processing speed to protect me while online. The processing power is used and that is not preferred.

Reasons for Choosing Norton AntiVirus

I switched due to Norton being on most of the systems I buy including my Mac now. Before, I had to make the choice so I chose AVG, now they keep making it for me and my computer hasn't been compromised to make me react negatively to the option.

Reasons for Switching to Norton AntiVirus

Norton comes loaded on most new computer systems as a bundle.
Jonathon
  • Industry: Government Administration

Easy to user, tremendous customer service

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Has captured or blocked numerous viruses/cyber attacks over the 10+ years I have used this company's antivirus/internet security products.

Pros

I've rarely had any issues with the program, but whenever I have had an issue it only took one call to get it resolved. They will do what is necessary to make it right again.

Cons

Some difficulty in getting through to customer service (length of time on hold) and, of course, the support staff have heavy accents that that make some of them difficult to understand. Also, still only monitors the 2 inbound and outbound ports for the old pop protocols - this should be updated for the more modern IMAP protocols.

AVG Internet Security Business Edition

Reasons for Switching to Norton AntiVirus

When I would run Norton after running these products, the Norton software always seemed to find something the other programs missed.
Matthew
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Norton provides a good basic security suite; their VPN is horrible, though.

Reviewed on 2020/07/16

Good basic security suite for WIN computers.. built-in firewall, port monitoring, anti-virus. Their VPN is horrible, though.

Pros

Easy to use software for use as a security suite.. anti-virus, firewall, etc. Norton is essentially the standard that other security software is referred to..

Cons

Norton's VPN is horrible.. it slows down your internet connection to a crawl. Also, their VPN has to by turned on manually every time you reboot. It doesn't stay on.. I stopped using their VPN due to the internet speed issue, but still use Norton for their other features.

Reasons for Choosing Norton AntiVirus

AVG didn't do a great job in detecting viruses.. happened twice. Ended up switching to Norton due to their better software.
Eduardo
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

The most powerfull tool for stay protected

Reviewed on 2022/02/04

I have used it for more than 5 years, even after trying with other companies that have attracted me by promotions or by recommendations from third parties, but I can say that with Norton I have had the safest and most complete experience, ensuring that no threat entered my computer for daily and constant use, unlike other opportunities using other software where I have been left in doubt as to whether they have really eliminated the threat, since after the alleged attempt, it continues to cause problems.

Pros

After many years of testing multiple antivirus solutions, I can only say that Norton is definitely the most complete and powerful for me. It is true that there are other very good solutions, but they always falter in something, which is why I always end up staying with Norton, although I have tried to change several times, especially due to external influence or promotions.

Cons

It seems to me that compared to other tools it is not the cheapest nor the easiest to use, but it definitely makes up for it with what it offers

Sarah

A Virus Protection System with Experience

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

You get what you pay for and in this case, its quality. Its dependable and we've been using it for years without any reason to change products.

Pros

I'll start with this--there are dozens and dozens of malware protection programs available to computer users. That being said, there are few of those that have stood the test of time and that have been around as long as Norton as. It certainly has a reputation of first-class and they have continued to put our a product that does what it is supposed to do, protect you.

It is simple. Install it and it does the work for you. If you'd like to check in with Norton, open up the window and see what tasks it has been up to most recently and what is has been scanning. While there is certainly the option of running a scan on demand, Norton will take care of it for you. This is definitely my favorite feature because I never have to think about it.

Another feature is that it has expanded its add ons for web browsing. Because not everything is downloaded, Norton understands that surfing the web can be risky and it will block web pages or tell you when a web site doesn't look up to par.

Cons

With great power comes, well, a need for a great space. I will say that using a newer computer and newer version of Windows, I have not encountered any issues with Norton slowing down processes or using too much RAM space. That being said, my old computer seemed painfully slow and my coworkers agree. Since Norton is constantly scanning, it can, and will, slow things down if you are using an older computer.

Mary

Norton Security is Like Working with an Old Friend...Very Reliable

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Overall, in the past, my experience was a good one with Norton Security. If changes had not been made to their customer service department, I would still be with them today.

Pros

Norton Security has served my company well over the years. With it's ease of use, I have become very use to it's reliability. In a recent case, maybe too reliable. Before I get into that, though, I would like to say that the ease of Norton is amazing. And, until recently, their customer service was surpassed by none. I had used Norton Security for my business since 1999 and been very happy with the product. Something, however, must have changed because the Norton that I had loved became a company that I no longer wanted to deal with and, unfortunately, changed security software.

Cons

It's not so much the software that I have been disappointed with , but rather customer service. When I originally started using Norton, customer service was phenomenal. On the few instances that our company had security problems, the folks from Norton were right there. Their IT staff was incredible and understanding. Our company is entirely online, so when something happens with security, we cannot work and that is a loss of money. The last problem that occurred, the customer service people were not as helpful as they had been in the past. It was this that made me re think Norton as a security system and whether or not I wanted to continue with them in the future. At present, I am using a different security software and like it. Will I give Norton Security another in the future? I could, but their customer service would have to change for me to come back.

Crystal
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Norton AntiVirus like having a personal body guard for each member of the family!

Reviewed on 2021/11/15

My overall experience was very good. Like I said before definitely not a must have for everyone but it is for most depending on your level of online use or your interactions with new websites, apps etc. I work online alot and my internet use varies month to month. So overall if your someone visiting new sites downloading new apps etc. Pr have a large family with a wide range of internet users and use. Or own a small company you should definitely have some protection and Norton AntiVirus is more then efficient for this. I'd say it's a must have. People often times dont realize how important internet security is until they have unfortunately been exposed to identity theft or a data breach in some way. I'd rather avoid a problem if I can and this software definitely does what it was created to do. Thus helping you to avoid a terrible experience altogether.

Pros

I really liked this software because its fairlyteasy to use it has several features to choose from and gives you control over how much or how little protection you want or need. It helps protect against viruses and cyber scams while educating you which sites, apps etc. are a threat. All the while not nearly as intrusive as some of their competitors. They offer a free trial which is great! Giving you the opportunity to properly use their software and decide if it's a good fit for your family or company. The lowest paid version is around $40 which I think is a bit step but still reasonable enough that your not breaking the bank so to speak. Customer service has always been easy for me to reach and helped me to dissolve any issues I had encountered. It keeps my personal device clean of unnecessary junk files and in turn makes for more storage and a quick and smoother running device. A couple cons they will not remove your card information from your file unless your closing your account. This is an open door for being mistakenly charged and unless you are paying very close attention you may not realize it.Its lacking in a few areas but still a great product for personal, family or small businesses. Overall I gave it a 4 star rating definitely more useful almost necessary then not depending on your daily routine and online uses.

Cons

Wouldn't let me remove my card information unless I cancelled my account. Had to repeatedly update my passwords as it kept trying to use my old one. The lowest package which is around $40 I believe is a bit steep especially if your using it for personal protection for yourself or your family.

Fabian

Norton Antivirus works perfectly 100/100

Reviewed on 2022/02/22

I can attest to my experience with Norton Antivirus, which has been very satisfactory for many reasons, the most important of which is to keep all operating systems in optimal conditions, providing security to our company's information and, most importantly, free from VIRUSES.

Pros

Wonderful Tool, it is a SoftWare that solves all kinds of problems related to viruses, it also gives you complete protection in: Antimalware, Windows, macOS, Android. Protection of privacy and identity in iOS, it is an excellent Password Manager, in addition to providing you with fast and free VPN, one of the great nobility of this efficient tool is that of Parental Controls, it is like having a supervisor, which means that you have the protection and security of what your children do when browsing the WEB. Another point to highlight is the CUSTOMER SERVICE, when you access them it is a matter of minutes or maximum hours to give you a solution to any inconvenience, in terms of managing or updating the system. In short, it is a very good investment that reflects its effectiveness when providing absolute protection.

Cons

I would not call it Cons rather Disadvantages as it is not centralized, this generates minor inconveniences that are not important since it uses separate and intuitive applications for various functionalities, another drawback is Identity Theft Protection that is only applied to clients residing in the United States of North America, which would be great if it were applied in the same way for any client on the planet. Finally, it is the cost of the Product that varies in price depending on the country in which you reside.

Adnaan
Adnaan
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Global virus pandemic! Is Norton Antivirus the cure?

Reviewed on 2022/05/07

A top-tier product that deserves the praises that it receives! To sum it up in one word, PERFECT! Go on, protect your valuable informatiom from a world riddled by viruses-Norton Antivirus.

Pros

The word "Virus" is a common one used regularly these days. We all have experienced a life changing , sudden attack of a virus that has left us in deep despair. Fortunately, in our commercial lives, Norton Antivirus has come to the rescue. It is possibly one of the most user- friendly, comprehesively secure and well laid out antivirus software available at a an affordable price. There are number of different plans on offer which include plans for cellular devices. Yes, there are companies offering antivirus software for free but i am a firm believer that the quality of a product should justify the price, which Norton Antivirus does. It is one of the most sought after antivirus software available on the market, and rightfully so. My computer and mobile devices' performance is not affected in the least and it is instrumental in protecting against viruses. It features a multi layer protection approach further enhancing security and safety of crucial information. Downloading online has become less concerning thanks to Norton antivirus, keeping my devices virus free. It also offers custom settings for individual needs and has a number of features to chose from. A comprehensive solution for security, providing VPN, parental control and a firewall and more. The brand has been established for many years and brings a ton of experience to the antivirus software market enabling them to understand their customers needs. It protects my online identity in an ever growing world of hackers.

Cons

The high usage of RAM may cause programmes to slow down sometimes. Customer support needs to step up!

Sandra
  • Industry: Medical Practice

One of the best internet-based security Programs.

Reviewed on 2022/08/09

My overall experience with Norton has been worth the money because it is ,in my opinion the best malwear protection out there and I have tried a few and this one has never dissapointed me.It has bundled all of the security tools you need into one program.I feel that it cost more than others,but It is worth the price for piece of mind, knowing that you are protected gives you more freedom to explore the world of the internet and with the silent updates it ensures you have the lastest protection.

Pros

Norton has a lot more extra features than other competing antivirus companies,Its has a powerful malware engine and a large range of internet security tools.They have an advanced updated malware to identify malware like Ransomeware and Cyrptojacker. It is top notch with little to no slowdown.It is one of the most user friendly options with VPN. password manager and identity protection.When it comes to your security.It covers a wide range of protection for all your Windows,Mac,Androids as well as any IOS device you have.Nortons has online back ups,firewall,protection from spyware and phishing.They also includecloud data allowance and a 100% protection with a promise for a full refund if the infections cannot be removed.

Cons

Disadvantage to Nortons antivirus is its more expensive than it's competiters,is it only covers viruses,unless you sign up and pay for the firewalls and you have to remember that your disk drive is getting used and can wear down because it is running all the time and the amount of RAM which can cause other programs to slow down.I have found the time it takes to do a complete scan the first time can be very long and if you are new to technology,this can be frustrating.another downside can be uninstalling,If you attempt to remove Norton Antivirus,the uninstallation process proves to be difficult because it leaves traces of the program and continues to linger on the hard drive,this is where their competitors are ahead.

YagneshKumar
YagneshKumar
  • Industry: Hospitality

Best Security Suite Ever!!

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

Using Norton Security Suite i have the feeling that my PC is always protected, Also any applications i download from the web it will run an initial scan of that application before the installation is triggered, if the application is not a genuine application it will not install. I fee like my money is well spent on Norton Security Suite which i have been using for years now. I encourage users to use the software.

Pros

Norton Security Suite is one of the best security software in terms of protecting again attacks such as; malware, spyware, Trojans, and etc. Some of the features that i use day to day are; Performance Scan, which deleted registry items that not being used or old, deletes all browsing history for all browsers with one click, Backups-- I schedule monthly backups into norton's cloud storage, then there is frequent scans that Norton Security Suites starts automatically. The RAM space uses a lot for some reason with these security software. The Updates running automatically in the background with the need for me to actually open the software and click the update button physically. For The price of the software i am getting tons of features at my disposal to use.

Cons

The RAM space that Norton Security Suite uses i feel like most of the time my comp is running a little slower, such as opening applications and closing applications i see a lag, it is due to the fact that the Norton Security Suite is running in the back ground, but the slowness is just for a few minutes, which it could be that the updates are running in the background.

Rutv
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Norton-Most Powerful Anti-Mailware Software

Reviewed on 2022/11/08

Overall I am a very happy user of Norton, Pricing, Features, and Customer Support are very too good as compared to other software.

Pros

Firewall, Parental Controls, Password Manager, Web Controls, Pop-Up Notifications, System on-off Scan, 2 GB of Cloud storage, and Best Pricing are some of the features that make Norton the Best.

Cons

Sometimes Norton takes much time in scanning the whole system as compared to other software, sometimes Pop-Up are annoying

Pricing, Feature

Product Features, Pricing, Positive Reviews
Rodrigo
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Protection at home

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

My experience in general with Norton is more than excellent. I feel the security of the protection when I surf the web, even though I have a teenager at home.

Pros

I have been using this software for more than 3 years, i have it in my personal computers at home and all my family have it in their phones. Not only provide security it also is a good way to protect your passwords.

Cons

What I least like about the product it is that sometimes the webpage manager is not that user friendly as you expect it should be.

AVG Internet Security Business Edition

Reasons for Switching to Norton AntiVirus

The reviews over the internet
Jeff
Jeff
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Simple to Use, Runs Very Lightweight on Resources, and Does It's Job Well!

Reviewed on 2018/08/05

I've been using Symantec's security products for over 12 years, both as a business and consumer customer.

Pros

I've been using Norton/Symantec Security products for over 12 years, and their products just keep getting better and better. Norton Security, particularly over the past 5 years or so, has really improved. It installs clean, quick, and easy, and requires very little CPU and RAM resources to do it's job. The default setting are well-optimized for novice users, yet it offers deeper setting and configuration for those that have an understanding of things like firewall settings, browser security, etc. The mobile version of the product is also exceptionally easy to use and effective!

Some of us older people remember Norton's early days of having issues with CPU resource requirements and uninstalls. Those days are long gone, and Symantec / Norton's latest products are smooth, efficient, and solid! In independent comparison tests against competing products, Norton Security continue to be a leading performer.

Spend the money and give Norton a try! You will not be disappointed, and your data and security are well worth the small investment!

Cons

The one and only thing that bothers me about this product, is the occasional pop-up ads for other Symantec products / additional features. These can be selected not to show again, but as a paying customer, I do not like to see any pop-up's related to up-selling.

Manish
Manish
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

My lifetime anti virus software

Reviewed on 2018/12/09

Norton Security is the best anti virus application. It has many important features which are really good like password manager, real time internet protection, quarantine asking.

Pros

I am using Norton Security antivirus since I bought my 1st PC i.e 2007 till then I am using this software.
1) Usually we found anti virus application quite bulky and hangs the PC. This application never hanged my PC . I checked in the task manager many times its RAM consumption is very optimum like I have used few other application also bit my PC started slowing down.
2) It automatically runs full system scan in a week in background hence user is always free from the burden of running antivirus once in a week.
3) Supports features like real time browser/Internet security.
4) Automatic checks for virus from storage devices upon plugin in.
5) Best feature is that if it detected a virus then it will ask user to take a action this feature is best while installing cracks for various torrent files as mostly anti virus treats these crack files as virus and if it deletes them then whole torrent file becomes corrupted.
6) Another best feature is that it act like a wallet to store passwords, keys and other personal keys. We can open these keys from login in to there website hence even if our PC gets corrupted we can still access them.

Cons

No cons I found in this application. I have been using this application since 2007.