Aderant

Cloud-based and on-premise legal case management solution

3,4
2,9
3,5
3,3
2,7
Thaylissa A.

Simple time entry

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Pros

I enjoy how I am able to keep track of time and managing the billing system with ease.

Cons

Dont like that we must shut down the system in its entirety to run the bills but, only done for a small amount of time.

Industry: Law Practice

Solid in the legal vertical

Reviewed on 2020/05/12

Overall positive. The core app is solid and works well. The newer Services Framework apps are now maturing to be good. The overall direction of travel with the product is encouraging.

Pros

It covers all aspects of legal practice for firms of a certain size. It is solid as a core for building a legal practice And easily customisable to handle localisation. Allows augmentation using the core data and has a well documented data dictionary which helps with custom reporting and BI.

Cons

Upgrades are challenging and QA needs to improve.

Complexity can be daunting making it harder to fully skill up technical teams.

Dawn M.

Limited Customization is the Biggest Problem

Reviewed on 2017/04/14

We have used the software since 2010 and it was Client Profiles. When Aderant took over the company there have been some upgrades but not many. Some needed features were taken away and others that are not very useful were added. Our biggest issue is that there is little to no customization on the screens you need to customize and the things that need fixed take forever to get done in a patch which is unacceptable for clients to have to "live" with problems for months to a year. Another issue is that they provide you with a reporting system but when you need help with it, they charge you an expensive fee per hour to talk to you. You cannot provide a software for someone to use and just turn them loose with no training on it at all. They are currently revamping the software to a web-based version with many more customizations. We will see where this goes. I am optimistic

Pros

Ease of use, customer service has definitely improved

Cons

Limited on customizations and software is definitely not made for mass tort.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Industry: Law Practice

Don't walk - run away from anyone selling Aderant.

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

Customer service is non-existent. Training was useless, as something didn't work is just about every training session. Everything is always the users fault, and eventually they just stop responding to IT staff.

Pros

It has a good timekeeping feature. That's it. It has a lot of customization that is useless because the basics are awful.

Cons

It is web-based, so everything goes trough a browser, meaning nothing can be printed or emailed without opening or saving a local copy. Interface was clearly designed just to look good on a tablet by people who have no intention of ever using it. Office add-ins have continuous problems, answer is always to just "delete all of your cookies" meaning you lose all website logins every time their software locks-up, which is often.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Aderant for you!

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

When receiving a call from a client , I was able to address contract issues, billing, retainers, coding and an aging. That is timely therefore priceless.

Pros

The ease of entering billing charges, codes and notes and statements.

Cons

Nothing at all. Customer service sometimes was not as fast as I wanted.

Melissa M.

aderant for large offices

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/12/03

overpriced for quality and ease of use seems to be outdated

Pros

liked the functionality of the program, did not like that the program required it's own separate server

Cons

overkill for the use of what our firm required, personal injury lawyers recommended it when our firm added that area of practice but it was extremely expensive and never worked the way we would have utilized it

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Julie G.
Industry: Law Practice

I love you, I love you not.

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Overall, it does what I need it to do. I'm continually asking finance for help in finding what I need, but usually, I can get a hold of the stats I'm looking for.

Pros

Aderant allows me to search for an see all attorney activity in one place. I can see hour and dollar figures in one place when I need it through Aderant Expert. After a bit of self-training, I was able to figure out the structure of the application pretty easily.

Cons

Information can get quickly buried and the Aderant Expert app is hardly user-friendly. I often have to dig through lots of info to find what I need and running reports is nearly impossible. Searching for clients and timekeepers is also a mess.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

I enjoy the program. Seems reliable and has features we use all the time. It is also nice we are able to add our own functions!

Pros

Time entry - time entry is easy to find and use

Cons

The worst is figuring out if an invoice is paid or not!

Cathy U.

DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY-TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Reviewed on 2016/10/17

There are other software programs out there. I am completely disappointed with the customer service I received. Waited almost a year for a phone call after several emails and messages in need of support and got no one.

Lance S.

Truly an awful company

Reviewed on 2015/09/28

We used the CP product before Aderant took it over. There customer service is horrendous. To quote my IT guy, "I have no idea how this company stays in business."

Gwen H.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Intuitive, thorough, innovative and reliable

Reviewed on 2017/06/12

Pros

User friendly and the migration to Microsoft based workflow technology is a step in the right direction. Very cutting edge and progressive, because they LISTEN to their customers.

Cons

Lack of support in the above mentioned workflow technology. Seems that they want to market and sell it but don't completely understand it and have problems troubleshooting it. Another area of challenge is their professional services. Upgrades ' enhancements are difficult to accomplish due to lack of talented PS staff.

Tracy L.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Customizable Case Management Software

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/12/14

I was lead in customizing, training, and developing Adherant in my firm.

Pros

The ability to customize this software for different case types alone makes this one of the best products out there. For instance, a worker's compensation case has different requirements than a tort case. The ability to assign clients/experts/witnesses/other involved people to a case, and then be able to see which individual unrelated cases they may be assigned to is also excellent. Finally, the ability to create specific forms that can be merged with case information stored in the program takes hours of grunt work off your shoulders

Cons

The billing module is terrible and needs a lot of work.

Frank S.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

Pleased.

Pros

Its ability to be customized in ways that can follow our client guidelines.

Cons

It tends to be slow from time to time. Also, I don't like how only one window can be open at one time.

Complex, Good Support

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/27

The complexity of this product makes it difficult to embrace as a new user, but provides many options for customization to your environment. All of my interactions with support have been positive.

Pros

This software product allows for extensive customization.

Cons

This product can be complex and cumbersome.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Jeff S.

I Wanted To Buy and Left 3 Voice Messages

Reviewed on 2016/06/13

I wanted Client Profiles and leaned they were bought out and renamed Aderant. So I visited their website, filled out the online form for a member of the sales team to call me and sell me their product. Ashley called and left a message. I've tried to call her 3 times and left two messages. I've tried to call the main number twice and get someone else, leaving a message once. All of this over a period of two weeks. No return calls. No effort to sell. And based on the review, I'm moving on. Good luck Client Profiles.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10