GolfStatus

Golf course software for non-profit organizations

4,8
4,7
4,5
Kevin M.
Industry: Mental Health Care

Exceptional value for golf tournaments

Reviewed on 2020/10/16

GolfStatus is an exceptional product to help market, organize, and run your golf tournament. Setup was relatively easy, and the functionality of the administrative and consumer side of the technology was pretty intuitive. We will definitely use this software on every future golf tournament. Players loved it also!

Pros

What we liked most about the GolfStatus product was the simple and convenient way for golfers to share and view real time scoring.

Cons

Setup for the tournament was mostly intuitive but there were a couple of confusing aspects to setup.

Jomo C.
Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

GolfStatus did the trick!

Reviewed on 2020/10/05

Overall, experience was great. They worked with us and were eager to help our event be a success and wanted to be part of that.

Pros

The Leaderboard was the coolest feature. 80% of our teams were able to adapt seamlessly. We were easily able to input scores that were tracked manually. The site flighted the scores based on our input and automatically did the scorecard playoffs that determine leaderboard rankings.

The site for registration was solid. We had a few issues with folks using Internet Explorer or other outdated browsers; also dealing with corporate firewalls.

Otherwise, the site functionality was excellent and very customizable to our needs. We planned 2 very different types of events with the software thanks to an initial postponement and then, rescheduled event due to COVID.

Allowed us to customize sponsorship and raffle packages to sell and we worked with the site's partners on special offerings taking advantage of a Golf Ball Sponsorship with Dixon and a Technology Sponsorship that featured the sponsor on the event day App and netted a Stay and Play golf trip back to our charity that we featured as a Premium raffle for $20/ticket. Could also feature sponsors and their logos, which is important to us.

Support was outstanding. There customer service took care of me primarily by email. It was prompt and attentive and answered my questions or simply implemented what we were trying to do with the software. The back end of the software was pretty intuitive and others I had come help me, also were able to easily control and make updates.

Cons

When a registration or sponsorship came in on the site, we programmed the software to send us an email. It did, but it only told us what was sold and could have provided all the registration info that was input into the site.

The back end reporting also could be a little better. The Team Registration report was good but there wasn't a good revenue report, which is needed to document financials.

Also, this was our first interaction using Stripe as a payment methodology; we're accustomed to PayPal. This part is still under evaluation whether or not we care about using Stripe.

Katherine A.

Golf S

Reviewed on 2020/09/28

Pros

This product helped my organization make our annual golf Scramble more professional. Instead of trying to set up our own registration page that took away important staff time, it was wonderful to have the site already set up and efficient. It was easy to use, and great to have everything in one place. The customer service was excellent, and all in all they made my life much easier!

Cons

I would like the site to have a more appealing aesthetic.

Gary R.

2020 Tournament

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Very attentive when our event was getting close and awesome about checking in from time to time to see what they could help with. Using golf status to help in processing credit card payment and organizing cart signs and score cards made the day a lot smoother for everyone involved. Online scoring brought on a lot of fun talking between groups as the day went on.

Pros

The ease in registering teams and individuals, as well as being able to offer "touchless" payment for extras and add on's like Mulligans.
Loved the way that the software flighted everything for us and listed out the winners and places for each.

Cons

Was a little confusing in having the scoring update at the end of everyone's round.

Teresa B.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Golf Status Review

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

Will continue to work with this product. Very simple to learn, admins work with you to find solutions that may not be available in current product.

Pros

Ease of use. Flexibility for different types of formats. Customer service is knowlegable and very quick to respond.

Cons

Not quite as customizable as we would like.

Emily L.

Fantastic App and Support Team

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

For a non-golfer and a non-tech savvy person this program was absolutely fantastic. Very intuitive, user-friendly, and manager friendly. The support staff were responsive, helpful, and accessible at all times (sorry for the Saturday evening chat questions!).

Pros

The ease of tournament creation was the best feature. I was apprehensive about using technology with my staff and also with our tournament constituents. This system was so easy and intuitive it took all of these fears away.

Cons

We didn't explore nearly everything this program could do. The only thing that was difficult at the start was envisioning what it was going to do/look like so that we could be prepared for the day.

Poppy M.

Love GolfStatus!!

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/09/29

This is our second year with GolfStatus and we've had nothing but fantastic feedback from our golfers using the app to track scoring and see how other teams are doing, and absolutely impeccable service from their staff.

Pros

Wonderful feature for our golf tournament to have live scoring, and highlight our event sponsors!

Cons

It would be great if it magically integrated with our CRM, but that would be unrealistically asking a lot.

Sandra W.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Excellent App and Staff

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

This is the first time that we have used a product to manage our Golf Tournament, and due to the pandemic, we wanted something that had less touchpoints the day of the event. It was perfect as tournament attendees could purchase their items right on their phone prior to the event, and during the event. 80% of our attendees used the mobile scoring which made the leaderboard easy to display to announce the winners. We have already discussed using it next year. The entire team at Golf Status was great and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was awesome! When I had a question the morning of the event, I don't even think that the phone rang twice before he picked up!

Pros

I like EVERYTHING about the software! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the staff at Golf Status were excellent in their customer service. The user friendly app was perfect for our Golf Tournament.

Cons

I received emails when sponsorships and other items were sold, but it went into my junk email. So, unless I went into the site daily or checked my junk email, I didn't always know when a purchase was made through Golf Status. This could be an issue with our email through our organization.

Niki B.

Loved this product!

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

In addition to software that fulfills our needs, a key factor in having a positive experience is customer service. I had an excellent experience working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who answered my questions and walked me through steps on numerous occasions. He was always so helpful. Using a new system at an event comes with some anxiety and he helped make me feel at ease and confident that the process would run smoothly for me in crunch time - which it did.

Pros

This software was easy to use and did exactly what I needed. I simply needed a product that would score my tournament, have the ability to recognize sponsors, and have an app that golfers could use on their own devices. The system does even more than that, which would be beneficial to others that need more features.

Cons

There was really no downside for us. We had no problems or issues.

Deann C.
Industry: Religious Institutions

The difference in making our golf fundraiser happen during Covid!

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

GolfStatus truly made the difference in us being able to continue with our golf fundraiser amidst Covid-19! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team went above and beyond to create a way to use the app for an extended-play tournament, instead of the typical one-day event. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] responded quickly, was helpful with explanations (especially to a non-golfer like myself), and made himself available to answer questions or troubleshoot when needed. Even though we couldn't have all of our golfers together at once, the Golf Status app still allowed us to share information about what the tournament was supporting, and we got about the same amount of support and participation as we would have in a typical year (we were expecting much lower). Thank you, GolfStatus!

Pros

The ability to feature hole sponsors and include stats about our ministry in the app. The ability to edit or input scores from the back end if teams did not understand the app. Easy calculations for winners, low gross and low net. Pretty short learning curve to figure out the software, especially with customer service support. Leaderboard visible at all times.

Cons

We had some occasional times where golfers were unable to input or edit their own information through the app, so it had to be done by an administrator.

Randy R.

Golf Scramble Made Easy

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/08/14

The experience with GolfStatus was incredible. They are quickly available online to answer questions and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] answered questions at all hours of the day. He even made himself available for conference calls with our planning committee a few times.

Pros

GolfStatus allowed us to hand over some of the planning and most of the payment for our golf fundraiser in June of 2020. The customer service was incredible, especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He and his wife had a child during the planning stages of the event and he didn't miss a beat. We decided to go with the gold outing in the midst of pandemic protocols and it was still a safe and successful event, much to the credit of the GolfStatus team.

Cons

The only thing I can say that could improve is the ease of navigating the website for sponsorship or player sign-up for the novice computer user. We had a few golfers who were older who couldn't figure out how to get to the payment by credit card. Regular users, the younger generation, had no problems. What was incredible was the GolfStatus staff who took extra time to walk the older people through the process.

James A.

BBBC CHARITY GOLF TOURNAMENT

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

The software was great and support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was exceptional. He delivered all request in a timely manner and was a pleasure to talk with and extremely helpful, no matter the request.

Pros

The product was easy for myself as well as our contributors to navigate and use. The attention to detail and the information I can pull from the software as the administrator was remarkable and easy to use.

Cons

I really had no complaints at all. The software worked great.

Dave P.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Golf Status

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/08/22

Pros

We recommend GolfStatus.org to partner organizations that host charity golf outings at our clubs because it’s the best event management platform for golf out there. Completely incomparable in terms of ease of use and features. Everything nonprofits need is built in and rolled up into a very simple platform, and there is no cost for nonprofits. The in house support team also assists with questions and is available even on weekends. Our partner organizations have been able to field more players, more supportive sponsors, and more successful events overall using this software.

Cons

No cons to speak of. Really great, user friendly product

Tracey P.
Industry: Construction

My Experience with Golf Status

Reviewed on 2020/09/01

Excellent and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was amazing. Always there when I had a question and super helpful. We ended up with a 3-way tie at the end of our tournament and the software resolved it completely.

Pros

It pretty much ran the backside of our tournament flawlessly and was also very easy to use.

Cons

The only thing I did not like is that I did not get notified when someone purchased something through the website in real time, I was able to obtain a report however, but I would say that is a flaw.

Darryl A.

Golf Status Support of SCDAI

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

This was our first experience with golf management software. We were very pleased. The customer support was outstanding!

Pros

Ease of use and it's breadth of functionality. It had many functions that we did not take advantage of this year.

Cons

In the future, we would like to see a more colorful, eye-catching home page design. We made a couple of suggestions re: tracking participant transparency that were well received.

Frank G.
Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Time Saver

Reviewed on 2020/09/21

Easy to work with , quick with responses and great value for the purpose of use.

Pros

Automated features really allowed us to save a lot of time.

Cons

Had to call the help desk to get a few features tweaked to get what I needed out of the soft ware

Lori P.

GolfStatus

Reviewed on 2020/09/28

Excellent customer service! They were efficient and effective with answering my questions, typically responding in less than an hour with explanation of what I needed to do to accomplish the task. Follow up and communication to ensure I was pleased with services was great!

Pros

Making edits to team members, uploading logos, and assigning sponsorships to holes was fast and easy!

Cons

Some of our older members expressed difficulty with understanding how to navigate the site.

Coleman R.
Industry: Fund-Raising

GOLF STATUS REVIEW

Reviewed on 2020/08/27

OVERALL - VERY PLEASED

Pros

USER FRIENDLY. GREAT SOFTWARE. GREAT SUPPORT FROM THE TEAM. ALWAYS AVAILABLE WHEN I HAD QUESTIONS!

Cons

AS I WORK WITH THE SOFTWARE, I WILL GET MORE PRO-EFFICIENT

Jeff P.
Industry: Sports

11th Annual Steve Hogan Memorial

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Top notch and very professional. Additional, helpful, courteous, efficient, knowledgeable and available at any and all hours

Pros

Easy and yet, detailed. A GREAT timesaver and enhanced our fundraiser significantly

Cons

Front page was more flexible etc...would be helpful; nothng major

Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Finding GolfStatus was our best solution to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/10/23

The people who work here are incredible. Special thanks to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Pros

We were impressed by the freedom to limit touch-points and continue to host our charity golf tournaments this year. Beyond this, we loved working with GolfStatus so much that we will continue to use the app. It's easy to use, and allows you to have access to the scores on the course in real time.

Oh! And [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are incredible to work with :)

Cons

Not having control of the time zone. I was troubled by the play button not being active by the start time, which was overwhelming. I ended up calling to have someone on the back-end help me change the time zone and activate the tournament (so players could press the "PLAY" button). It would be great to have control of this feature, especially for travel and golf tournaments in different states.

Todd S.
Industry: Restaurants

Smooth Golf Tournament

Reviewed on 2020/10/05

Very happy. I hope to use it every tournament

Pros

Registration was a breeze. Not having to collect from participants the day of event was a big help on time and resources. Live scoring makes the tournament more exciting.

Cons

It would be nice to have more/easier access to payments as to who purchased what.

Ray B.
Industry: Utilities

GolfStatus Review

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

Overall experience was very good. I would definitely recommend GolfStatus.

Pros

I was great to get an email notification when a group or person signed up. This was our first year using the website. If I had a question or concern my email was responded to very quickly. Usually within hours.

Cons

Being our first year using the site, there is just so much content, sometimes I had to ask customer service where to find something. They always did respond promptly.

Angela M.

Great platform!

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

Exceptional

Pros

The customer service whether thru Live Chat or email has a great response time, great customer service skills and general great follow thru!

Cons

The platform has a learning curve BUT the customer service is great at guiding you thru it.

Teresa B.

Very user friendly

Reviewed on 2020/10/16

Loved it! Their staff was readily accessible & helped me every step of the way. A very positive experience!

Pros

The Tournament management software was a huge help in setting up our annual fundraiser. Support staff was very attentive and guided us from initial event set up to posting flight winners at the end. GolfStatus definitely enhanced our tournament.

Cons

The Check In feature for users was confused by the golfers as checking into the tournament

Dan M.
Industry: Education Management

Great addition to our gold fundraiser

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

We thought it was a great addition and we would use it again.

Pros

People enjoyed the live scoring that the app provided.

Cons

Some people had issues with the online registration.
It wasn't hard but some people didn't find it easy enough.