AccountEdge Pro

Accounting and bookkeeping software for small businesses

4,2
4,2
Jim C.
Industry: Printing
Company size: Self Employed

Accountedge Pro

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Accountedge Pro is easy to use and has all the features needed. It’s a good program. I have enjoyed using it.

Pros

Very easy to use. Performs all required tasks Automatically. It’s reliable. Easy to navigate. Works very well.

Cons

Lacks mobile integration- being able to use application on mobile device when on the toad or at a clients office. There are some functions available like looking up old invoices and jobs. But that’s about it. In this day and age portable applications are almost necessary.

Industry: Music

Don't use for more than one year

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

Sadly, we started with the precursor and now, unless we want to redo our entire bookkeeping, inventory, customer list, and vendor list, we're stuck with this software.

Pros

I'm stuck with it. We started with a much earlier version.

Cons

Trying to find prior years' transactions is costly and a huge pain.

Response from Acclivity

Good Afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with access historical transactions. Depending on how far back you are looking, you may need to open a back up of historical file to see certain details.

We would be happy to help you if you are having trouble getting to your information. You can reach out to our NJ based Technical Support team for free at accountedge.com/help.

- AccountEdge Customer Care

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Georg c. L.
Industry: Retail

Simple Complete Accounting System

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/01/28

We were looking for a small light-weight accounting system to manage some of our ancillary corporations that have very limited activity on them, but need to be audited yearly and reported to in public documents. Thus we wanted something that didn't allow much in the way of mistakes, and was relatively simple to use, without being overly complex and expensive.

Pros

Installation and use of this software is relatively easy, and requires little to no accounting background to accomplish. You can pick your industry, and the types of services/products you provide, give them some custom names, and the software will setup your chart of accounts, and having you rolling. Setup a few vendors/suppliers, and a few customers, and you can start issuing invoices and paying bills.

Cons

The software is not immediately accessible as it does not really follow any similar flow with current modern softwares. The basic system for each function, be it paying bills or selling product, requires either knowledge of exactly which steps you need to do, and in what order, or you follow the "guide" which is merely a large flow sheet of icons, with arrows pointing to various "next steps" in sort of a large circular picture.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Tom I.
Industry: Wholesale

AccountEdge Pro Long-Time User

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

AccoutEdge Network Edition allows us to use multiple workstations to manage our daily sales, payables, and biweekly payroll.

Pros

Comprehensive for what we need it for. All cash accounts, including checking; receivables; payables; payroll; and more.

Cons

We've used it for so many years that we've gotten very used to it. Because we don't have a learning curve anymore, I don't have complaints.

It would be better if it integrated more easily into our database, or Excel.

Kathy S.
Industry: Railroad Manufacture

ACCOUNTEDGE NETWORK EDITION

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

AccountEdge has always been very helpful to resolve any issues I have had. I highly recommend this software.

Pros

I have used AccountEdge for many years. It is very easy to use and grows with our business. I can keep track of inventory and the auto build feature works well and saves me hours of time

Cons

I cannot change inventory item information once it has been used and I cannot combine cards if they info doesn't match. I must create new items.

Jeff L.

Pretty easy to use, covert and price-good package overall

Reviewed on 2018/04/20

Pros

Again very easy to use for current and new employees, easy to train and adapt, also conversion was quick and pain free. Very effective accounting program.

Cons

Lack of searching capabilities is the largest complaint. Searching mod would enhance the programs effectiviness and would make our accounting life easier. Please add.

Jalecia W.

Use AccountEdge daily

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Pros

Pretty easy to use. Updates frequently. Very simple interface. Easy to add products, sales, purchases, etc

Cons

One of the only cons that I find is that it does not integrate with SalesForce. Would make things a lot easier if you could transfer data between the two with out having to do it manually.

Anglea P.
Industry: Oil & Energy

AccountEdge Pro - EASY

Reviewed on 2018/09/18

Our office has used this program for 14 years and it takes care of all our accounting needs.

Pros

AccountEdge Pro is so easy to set up and navigate. Can't think of anything that you can't do with this program.

Cons

I can find no cons to mention. Takes care of all our needs.

Jeff P.

Great Accounting Software! Been using since 1994.

Reviewed on 2017/01/12

When we opened our retail bakery 22 years ago I had limited accounting knowledge. After much research I decided to give Accountedge a try and it has been an incredible help in managing my company. From seeing where we stand on a daily basis to bank meetings for financing.

We have grown from a small local retail bakery to a thriving business with annual sales well over $. Over the years Accountedge has added great features that keep me completely in touch with my business, from managing cash flow, margins, payroll to inventory management. I've had several friends over the years that use Quickbooks for their businesses and after showing them what Accountedge will do they've all switched. There's really no comparison!

And customer service is the best! I had a couple of questions about the new UPS integration and immediately had a personal reply and answers.

If you're looking for great, easy to use but powerful accounting software, don't hesitate to buy Accountedge.

Rob B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: Self Employed

Former AccountEdge Pro User

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

Pros

I started using this software in 2003 when it was called MYOB. At the time, and for many years, it did everything I needed it do for managing my company's bookkeeping and accounting. It was fairly easy to use and only required updates every few years.

Cons

Eventually, I had to abandon AccountEdge Pro because they no longer support that latest Apple OS (Catalina - 64 bit).

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Alexandra R.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Overall good product but not my favorite

Reviewed on 2018/03/30
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Worked with AccountEdge for some time but previously I had worked with Peachtree Sage 2010 software and by far Peachtree won the best of me. Account Edge is good as a "get-it-done" software, simple rounded to get you what you need, but in order to rely on the software for the long run is not recommended.

Cons

We got messed up by one of the updates the software made and started having blanks in our records, and noticed the update wiped out the recent information we had put in the system. Thank goodness we had updated not so long before so we didn't lose anything important but after that situation we decided to cancel our account with Account Edge and try Quickbooks for a change.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Maegan D.

Not Recommended - Great Product, Horrible Customer Service

Reviewed on 2016/01/18
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It's a great program, there is a learning curve but once you learn it stays pretty standard through the updates.

Cons

If they have any software issues be prepared to pay to TALK to someone on the phone. I have used this exclusively for 6+ years and have one form that will not work properly after the latest download. I am very familiar with it and it keeps giving a message saying IT cannot save the custom check form. When I email, they say to allow 24-48 hours. I have people needing checks NOW, so I call in thinking they will help with a problem on THEIR end… no such luck – want money bucks and say “You can speak with anyone until April for free after this.” I haven’t needed phone support in years, why would I need it between now and a few months away? Also, each email goes back into the cue, so I could easily be waiting a week or better to get this resolved for a NEW UPDATE from them. Will be looking for a new program…

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Julius K.
Industry: Civic & Social Organization

The banking features are the best there is.

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/07/20

Great experience.

Pros

It's very easy to use, excellent support team, printing of checks is a revolution in the accounting department, it allows us to set up a e-commerce portion on our site where we can sell our materials online, easily accepts and processes electronic payments for orders. The invoicing features are good as well.

Cons

Everything works smart I have not found any hitch so far but an addition of features would do better. I would love to get a mobile app because currently its restricted to mac and windows.

Chela E.
Industry: Accounting

Phenomenal Product!

Reviewed on 2018/03/29
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Very organized and well structured database which makes everything easier as a book keeper. It is very user-friendly and ever since we switched from QB it has been great!

Cons

It supports Mac and Windows but when I updated the program in Windows it took forever to update, which really made me upset because it did the update all by itself and went without half a day of work. Very pool Customer Service

Mallory H.

Greating Invoicing System

Reviewed on 2017/02/01

I have been using AccountEdge for over 10 years now, and am overall pleased with their product. It is great for product based businesses.

Marcos F.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Very flexible software

Reviewed on 2018/07/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This is a very flexible accounting software where you can customize and get work done as per your requirements.

Cons

Its expensive and also have to pay extra for the cloud services. Also the statements can be downloaded but not the transactions.

Kerry P.

Awesome software

Reviewed on 2015/07/29

I have used this software for over 15 years and it is just the best out there!!!!!!!

Lisa J.
Industry: Consumer Services

Easy and customizable

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

Wonderful. I have been using it since 1992. And my CPA loves the reports I generate at the end of the year, it makes figuring up my taxes really easy for him because I can add different expense/income categories and customize it for certain deductions.

Pros

I have used this software since 1992, when it was called MYOB. It's easy to use, and has all the help you need right in the software. The categories are customizable, and you can easily make edits . you can also generate customized reports.

Cons

When I am entering a new customer, I would like to have more options on the main screen, such as the initial customer date and notes instead of having multiple screens to click through, it would make it easier to be able to see all the data on one screen.

Bonnie P.
Industry: Packaging & Containers

AccountEdge Pro review

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

We have used AccountEdge for over 20 years. (When it was originally MYOB). It works with our small business very well for the price we pay. We tried another software that cost 10 times as much and it wasn't user friendly at all and had a lot of issues. Will stay with AccountEdge.

Pros

It is easy to use and figure out even without a manual

Cons

The inventory module puts a reversing entry in when you receive material and you have to take it out.

Response from Acclivity

Hi Bonnie,

Our Inventory tracking in AccountEdge should not be requiring you to manually make any changes because of a reversing entry.

I spoke with our technical support team and they would need more details to fully understand what is happening in the software.

You can reach out to our support team at accountedge.com/help for free to get this figured out.

- AccountEdge Customer Care

Carrie S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Perfect fit for our non-profit organization

Reviewed on 2017/01/26

AccountEdge Pro is perfect for our small non-profit organization. It is very user friendly. I especially love how fast I can make and customize reports. Processing payroll and making deposits are virtually effortless, which I appreciate. This will be our fourth year with the software and we have never had any issues. Customer service is always prompt and willing to help in any way. We highly recommend this accounting software.

Pros

I like how easy it is to customize in order to fit our specific needs.

Virginia D.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Unity School Inc.

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

I have been using it for 6 years now and am really pleased with the product and with the support team.

Pros

I really like how easy it is to learn, and how you can undo or repair mistakes

Cons

I am having some problems with my save page not showing up full page.

Carol M.
Industry: Accounting

Great Software

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

No problems overall. Very happy with the software

Pros

I like this software. It is easy to use. They do not try to rip you off every year or two on making you do the upgrade. As an accountant I am telling all of my clients about this software.

Cons

The fact that when or if you need to change a payroll check you have to delete it and reprint or post the paycheck.

Betsy F.
Industry: Retail

Owner

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

Used it for many years. No problems.

Pros

Very easy to use, just mostly common sense.

Cons

Redundant steps. I do not need to asked three times if I really want to do something.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Chelsea D.

Software didn't work out for me

Reviewed on 2016/12/11

Its good software for some small business, But for my business its Horrible . It didnt work well for me . I used the software in the past and I have no plans to use the product ever again.

Gary K.
Industry: Entertainment

Couldn't be simpler!

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Only great things to say about this product.

Pros

AccountEdge Pro has made a work of difference in my company. With their easy to use dashboard, I can enter purchases, invoice customers, pay bills, create payroll, keep an accurate accounting of my banking and so much more. It is simple to use... even I can do it! It's a huge time saver and in the five years that I have been using AccountEdge, I have never had an issue.

Cons

Not a big deal but there have been a couple of times when I have had to realign the check printing format.