Axence nVision

4,1
4,3
Bismark A.
Industry: Banking

With AxencenVision I have easy accessibility to all my PC's networked at my Work Place.

1. Network Monitoring
2. Asset and Inventory Monitoring
3. Reports Generation
4. Control of Client PC's from Domain Machine
5. PC Monitoring
6. Network Diagram

Pros

I am able to switch off my PC's without any direct contact to those PC's but rather from my own end. I am also able to monitor my computer networks and also monitor my Asset Inventories on all machines without any direct contact. Additionally with AxencenVision, I am able to know the websites that have been visited by my staff/workers. All these are beneficial since I don't have to move from one machine to the other.

Cons

The number of license that I am being given (which is 10 free license) I wish Axence could help we the poor obtain enough license so that we can market it for bigger institutions to Purchase.

Vaidas C.
Industry: Utilities

Axence nVision describes himself as "Security software". In fact, it is NOT.

Reviewed on 2017/08/23

Get users activity monitoring. Get Windows event log serious alerts from all machines. Get messsage, then critical machine or service is down.

Pros

Software can be hidden (no visible) to users. Running fast as well on old computers. Works good on old Windows XP. Axence nVision is very stable - no anoying errors, no crashes for 2 years. In two years got only one problem - compatibility with old antivirus version.
Intuitive GUI interface, stability, works on old Windows XP.

Cons

No way for features:
1. To get Alert - when new (not yet registered) program/service starts with Windows.
2. To get Alert on event - User lifts up rights to Administrator or to System.
3. To get Alert when executable runs/copies from USB flash drive (AutoRun.inf style virus).
4. To get Alert on unauthorized try to access MS network shared folders (brute force).
5. To get Alert on TOR network (ransomware/cryptoware virus activity).
6. Executable runs from not usual location.
7. Executable from not usual location makes connection to internet server.
8. To get Alert when ransomware/cryptoware virus starts to work (massive encrypted files)
9. DNS queries monitoring. A lot of DNS queries for MX records, DNS query for domain, which name is longer than 30 characters, etc. - detecting malware/botnet activity.
10. To get Alert when executable files downloaded.
11. To get Alert on BitTorrent protocol.
12. To get Alert when PC establish more when 300 TCP+UDP sessions (BotNet activity)
13. To get Alert when disk S.M.A.R.T critical "Health Status" attributes changes to worse (drive dies).
14. To get Alert on high temperature.
15. File transfer, Terminal (Telnet) features in remote PC control.
16. No Axence nVision admins forum on internet for best practices, experience exchange, etc.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Kirk R.
Industry: Mining & Metals

it looks good but no instruction available

Used Other for 6-12 months

none so far.

Pros

The program was easy enough to install but set up is difficult I really don't have any more pro thoughts on this .

Cons

Not easy to get the information needed out of the program. Can't find good source for setting up.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Thomas M.

Fully featured network visibility that can be greatly customized.

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

High visibility into my network environment.

Pros

It allows me to create maps displaying my network environment and I can see in one screen when a device is having issues. Additionally, when I am not in the office, nVision notifies me via email/text when a device is having issues. Also, it allows WMI and SNMP monitoring so I can monitor all the devices I may need to with great flexibility.

Cons

Creating maps are easy, however, if you want to do something simple as arrange/align a number of devices (not all), this is impossible. I have requested this from development numerous times over the last 8 years I have been using the software and this has not been implemented which shows something for support, willingness to listen to customers, and functionality of the product. If you are going to offer a product that includes mapping, offer basic graphic functions.

Industry: Insurance

Axence nVision 9 Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Axence helps me with the problems that are not yet alerted by another system like email as the email server may be down. It has very easy grouping of alerts that you assign to various incident levels of warning or trouble or good.

Pros

The visual network map where you can place all the network objects you want to monitor and visually see if assets on your network is alive, have an incident or not up. This map makes life very intuitive for support team to know the health of the network at an instance pictorially.

Cons

The software has too many options that I think can be hidden for helpdesk only support agents who may want to escalate an issue base on the visual of the network map.

Karl F.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Very easy to use, easy installation, straightforward monitoring solution.

Reviewed on 2017/09/13

Being able to monitor the entire network infrastructure. Being able to take an inventory of IT assets and manage them accordingly. It also serves as a tool for performance of the IT department, tool for planning and ensure business continuity.

Pros

I like the fact that it is very easy to use, very easy to install and it is affordable for its feature set.

Cons

Wishing that it can be installed on a linux server to reduce total cost of ownership and be able to install it in companies that embrace open source operating systems.

David G.
Industry: Computer Networking
Company size: Self Employed

Excellent product. Needs a few tweaks to put it over the top.

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

Knowing what is working and what is not. Not a lot of false positives.

Pros

Very easy to use. Config is a snap. The interface is very intuitive. Easy to see outages. Can create your own tests fairly easy.

Cons

The software can either monitor all windows services or none. Many services are not important or stop because they should stop and throw out alerts. They should allow you to monitor if a particular service is running or not. Not just all or nothing.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Randal P.
Industry: Computer & Network Security
Company size: Self Employed

I love it. The best solution I have had so far.

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

Installation is easy and I can put this on remote computers that are not on the internal network but I can still control the remote computer where ever they are.

Pros

It has all the requirements that is desired by an administrator. I worked with other software that are so expensive. This is priced just right.

Cons

Would like it to be able to monitor MAC OSX and Linux in the GUI with an agent that can pull the required information just like Windows.

Łukasz O.
Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Great monitoring software for workstations and more

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

Pros

Very good software that improves security in the company and protects against data leakage. One of the best tools for monitoring workstations. Very large functionality. A very intuitive program.

Cons

It is not possible to install agents on mobile phones

Artur W.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Many features for reasonable price

Reviewed on 2017/08/23

Pros

It's very easy to install and use, has many features which are helpful in a daily work of network administrator.

Cons

Interface of application is a little bit outdated - the best would be web console written in modern web techniques.

Agne M.

I am a pre sales consultant and Axence nVision is my favorite product

Reviewed on 2017/08/29

Pros

That it has a lot of different and very usefull modules/functions. Product is easy to use, very simple and understandable for any user. Also support is great. Always got all answers to my questions and very quick.

Cons

Design could be better. Also User module can do much more if its possible. Would like to see statistics of all company not just one user.

Linas B.
Industry: Medical Devices

Not bad software. I have been looking for such software for many years.

Reviewed on 2017/08/24

I can manage computers more quickly.
I can control many things.

Pros

I can see the enterprise view in one screen.
I see very fast what is going on and where. Mostly faster than user call to IT department about the problem. I can connect to user desktop quickly and solve the issue.

Cons

The Agents incompatible with Windows 10 updates. At least 5 agents shut downs from 60 computers in every Wednesday or Thursday, when arrives updates from Microsoft. It is annoying.

Bertram Z.
Industry: Automotive

Great program for all information in the computer network

Reviewed on 2017/08/23

I see the technical details of my computer network and can prevent problems.

Pros

The program has many details and works very exactly. You have a lot of information about all the technical equipment. You can assemble your own surveys.

Cons

There should be more examples of the configuration. Also, YouTube videos would be helpful.
Otherwise, the program works stable.

Andre G.
Industry: Financial Services

Well it is the most simple I have some across in network monitoring software.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/08/28

Know what decices are on my network and have a visual view of its health.

Pros

I like the alerts the most. It is not overly too much and you can see then visually on your devices that is worth it. Also the software can be easily updated

Cons

It do not like that it cannot backup to a network location automatically in the free version. Also I do not like the inability to represent devices like laptop icons.

Vladas S.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Great and feature full

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/08/22

We got confidence in effective use of human resources

Pros

Confidence that we have regarding the effective use of company's most valuable assets - it's employees

Cons

I wish that user interface be improved and be more user friendly. It's usable but managers find it complicated.