Norton Secure VPN Reviews

Norton Secure VPN

Virtual private network proxy and security application

Hlengiwe
Hlengiwe
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Stay Safe Online

Reviewed on 2023/05/21

Norton VPN provides a good level of protection against data leakage and loss, with support for both mobile devices and personal computers at affordable costs to multiple users on the Internet that will keep your device secure.

Pros

The UI is nice and clear with simple navigation. The app's tracking feature is functioning well and blocks all unwanted ads and pages which are prone to pop up. The multiple simultaneous connection function works well and is convenient. Split tunneling is also supported.

Cons

Speeds, connections and even load times are inconsistent and slow and I need to keep re starting.

Gary
  • Used for 2+ years

Norton as a reference.

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Don't really now that I use the "VPN" like I know that it can mainly for "Games", and not for being a "Gamer". I do use "VPN" for a "Swap" drive however.

Pros

I like that it allows for you to know what address are assigned even automatically to the device so that it can be used, like many other similar software packages that do almost the same for different reason of another, however, to be able to know the address for other uses of needed information then just monitoring the network, or giving permission to access different devices by different users for different reasons that have permission to access a network, and if not allowed can be block from access.

Cons

Most software is now based on membership, when I am a one time user for the last forever version of the one time purchase unless as needed to be upgrade, otherwise just doing, adding an update to the existing software, patches, and to the program already installed.

Norton AntiVirus

Reasons for Choosing Norton Secure VPN

Just testing software to I find the options, or features that I like.

OWL

Reasons for Switching to Norton Secure VPN

For the "IP' trace option that auto detects the address, most embedded "Device Names" for reference purposes of other use.

Decent VPN by a trusted brand

Reviewed on 2021/04/12

I wanted a basic VPN for secure and private transactions and I trust Norton so the fact they have a VPN is useful,

Pros

It just works and has privacy-focused. It is also included in my Norton membership. The fact it auto connects on untrusted wifi is also useful.

Cons

It can be a bit sluggish when using in other countries. The features are also limited beyond some other VPN solutions.

Review Norton

Reviewed on 2023/11/10

Pros

I use this security system & have never had any issues with viruses.

Cons

It takes a long time to download which is the only thing I dislike.

Adrian

Can't be set to come on at boot

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

It has a fair few countries available and it connects quite quickly. I ditched CyberGhost, which had become more expensive over the years, and thought I'd use this easter egg product that came with the security suite. It's easy to control but the one thing that's a deal breaker is it can't be set to come on at launch. To be fair on my mobile it sometimes does, but it's erratic at best. On the desktop it has to be switched on. That's no good to me so now after months of wrestling with it I am stopping using it, even though it's still essentially free as I still have the Norton Security suite.

Pros

It came with my Norton Security Suite with licenses for 5 devices

Cons

It can't be set to come on at launch, which means you have to remember to enable it

HMA and CyberGhost VPN

Reasons for Choosing Norton Secure VPN

Because it came bundled with the Norton Security suite I bought.

CyberGhost VPN

Reasons for Switching to Norton Secure VPN

Because it came bundled with the Norton Security suite I bought. It would save money. but it's not secure for the reasons I mention above so I'm not going to use it any longer.
Andrew
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used for 6-12 months

Norton VPN worked TOO WELL!!

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

Overall, my experience was not great. I paid for 1 year upfront, and ended up uninstalling from every device within the first week. I thought It would give me security, and I guess it does because you can't use the internet at all with the VPN turned on.

Pros

After receiving notices of potential identity theft, we quickly paid for Lifelock and Norton combo set. The Norton VPN creates a secure connection between my device and the internet, giving me and my business peace of mind when processing transactions online and performing important tasks online.

Cons

Everything seemed like it was working great, until all of my devices stopped working when they were connected to WiFi and the VPN. I did speed tests and was getting 0mbps download speed when using the Norton VPN. I installed it on every device, and every device had the same issue. Once I deleted the VPN from the device, everything worked as expected.

ExpressVPN

Reasons for Switching to Norton Secure VPN

I had heard ads on the radio about Norton VPN and trusted those ads. I wish it worked for my devices.

One step ahead in being more safe

Reviewed on 2023/03/08

Norton VPN does a nice job with providing extra security to data breaches or data leaks, supporting both Mobile Devices and PCs at a cost effective price for multiple users over the internet keeping your device safe.

Pros

The interface and nice and clean with easy navigation, affordable pricing subscription so not hard on the pockets. The built-in app tracker blocking works well which blocks all the unwanted ads and pages that tend to pop-up. Even the feature of multiple simultaneous connections works well and is handy. Also supports split-tunneling too.

Cons

No support for peer-to-peer networks. There is a lot of inconsistency in the speeds, the connections or for that matter even the load time which is slow so we need to restart it again. It even has less city wise servers too.

Rachelle
Rachelle

Safe option for doing business abroad

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

The VPN service allows us to access secure websites and emails without worrying about other traffic on unsecured networks.

Pros

Norton WiFi Privacy VPN helps keep your connection secure when traveling abroad and connecting to unsecured networks.

Cons

Certain websites can detect the use of the VPN and block it.

Prabhakar
Prabhakar
  • Industry: Higher Education

Secure vpn service

Reviewed on 2023/08/21

Experience with this platform is good.

Experience with this platform is good.

Pros

It is a secure vpn service it provides. It hides your ip address from prying eyes. We can browse securly.

Cons

Norton vpn is not good but it very secure. It has a small network.

Heather

Want a secure vpn?

Reviewed on 2023/11/25

Pros

I love that this doesnt take very long, its a very thorough scan and is done within a few seconds

Cons

There isnt anything that i couldnt disagree with.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A review of Norton Secure VPN from my past experience.

Reviewed on 2023/09/16

Norton Secure VPN supplied me with a well-rounded collection of capabilities that considerably improved my online security and privacy. It was a dependable digital friend, and I strongly suggest it to anyone searching for a strong VPN solution.

Pros

Norton Secure VPN increased my sense of security. It offered features like anti-virus protection, secure login, threat response, and SSL security, which made me feel more protected while browsing the web.

Cons

One disadvantage was the expense of the subscription. While it provided fantastic functionality, the pricing was slightly higher than that of other VPN services I'd used in the past.However, due to unemployment and financial stress, I'm debating whether to renew my subscription.

Kumar

Norton Secure VPN

Reviewed on 2022/04/20

Costly for what features and issues they provide.

Costly for what features and issues they provide.

Pros

Ease of deployment, training staff to connect and disconnect, user-friendly

Cons

Disconnects on its own frequently. Multiple error messages from time to time. Issues with integration with Microsoft products.

Sean

Another Great Norton Product

Reviewed on 2023/07/21

It keeps my data and IP address secure. I like that I can not be tracked by every website I go to.

Pros

I want extra security for my business. I feel like the VPN helps to keep my information and network safer.

Cons

I have it on my phone and sometimes I have to log in again if I momentarily turn the VPN off, even if I did not sign out.

Jareth

A safe internet navigation with a VPN

Reviewed on 2022/01/11

My experience was really good, i really enjoy use this software

My experience was really good, i really enjoy use this software

Pros

I really like the interface in this software, it´s really easy to understand and really easy to use, so everybody can use it in a easy way and the use of the VPN in this software it´s really good, my connection was very well and i really like that you can configurate it to have a better connection and this software give us a lot of useful tools and functions

Cons

The main problem with this software, i think it could be that some tools and functions are not completely useful, but above all it´s a really good software.

Anthony
  • Industry: Human Resources

So far, so good! A must-have these days.

Reviewed on 2021/07/03

Again, a positive experience as I have not had any wi-fi security issues.

Again, a positive experience as I have not had any wi-fi security issues.

Pros

In addition to doing nothing to set this up, the VPN just gives me peace of mind, knowing that my wi-fi network and devices are protected.

Cons

It's hard to say. Honestly, I have no issues with Norton VPN. I haven't had any issues thus far, and assume that because it's working like it should.

• Industry: Higher Education

Norton VPN: Leading VPN service provider

Reviewed on 2022/12/15

A decent VPN service experience with big brand name.

A decent VPN service experience with big brand name.

Pros

1. It has multiple servers located in various countries.2. Ad tracking and blocking is impressive feature.3. Anonymous secure browsing provides safe experience.4. Interface is attractive and easy to understand.

Cons

Pricing is bit costly compared to its competitors.

Rob

Poorly designed with false sense of security

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

Pros

Ther is not much to like about this product. The best thing is probably that the installation is fairly easy and uneventful.

Cons

1) The software does not work properly on Android, the connection keeps dropping and you need to reconnect manually.
2) Very poor helpdesk. Responses to my emails took weeks!
3) All connections on all devices are considered unsafe unless there is a connection with Norton servers. Even another VPN connection or cable connection is considered unsafe.
4) Does not start VPN if connected to a hotspot or other unsafe Wi-Fi connection. Also not after the several times.
5) Expensive compared to other solutions

I removed it an changed to another company.

Mark
Mark
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Norton 360 Android Mobile App

Reviewed on 2022/02/28

Pros

I like the fact that the app provides meprotection of my personal information while on the go. I often use my phone for work while I am out and about and sometimes I have to use public wi-fi to save data. I am aware that cybercriminals could steal my information as well as information from my job if not for the VPN feture.

Cons

I found the interface very easy to use. I found the $29.99 monthly price tag to be a little steep, but outsid of that there have not been too many cons that I can think of. the software is pretty much plug and play.

Lawrent
Lawrent

not too convinced about Norton Secure VPN

Reviewed on 2022/07/22

Pros

First year is 29 euro, which is cheap and compares to other decent VPN software. Download speed is satisfactory (as long as you pick nearby servers). The software is easy to use and works wonders with country-only content websites.

Cons

Based in the US, so don't expect privacy for any sensitive data. I would say that the VPN is good enough if your objective is to watch Netflix content form a foreign country.

Kevin
Kevin

Stay Safe and Secure Online

Reviewed on 2021/10/05

Pros

Norton Secure VPN is easy to install and setup, and integrates perfectly with the Internet Security Suite. A couple clicks and it is up and running.

Cons

Some of the servers have a little slow-down for speeds, but have no experienced too many issues overall.

Sumeer
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great VPN

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Pros

Works great, works fast! Love the pop out interface which allows you to get immediately connected to a VPN. Great when you're using a public wifi network or when you're out of the office

Cons

Nothing - the product does exactly as it's supposed to.

Frank
  • Industry: Wholesale

One Of The Best In Protection For your Computer and Devices!

Reviewed on 2022/03/17

My overall experience with product is that I think it's the best on the market by far. You cannot go wrong with this program.

Pros

That it allows you to get protection on multiple devices at an affordable price.

Cons

There is nothing I can really think of, they offer so much protection like VPN, Anti-Theft, and Optimize your devices to perform faster and always detect any threats.

Matthew
Matthew

1-Button Security

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

Norton VPN came as part of our Norton Security package. Every little bit of preventative security that we can add (especially for the low cost), the better. Our customers' data security is our number 1 priority.

Pros

We wanted a little extra security for taking payments and transferring tenant records across the web.

Cons

No real cons. The more security the better, especially when dealing with private, sensitive customer data.

elsy

Very rewarding, excellent antivirus.

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

I have kept my computer free of malicious programs that can be installed and take advantage of my personal information.

Pros

Is a very good antivirus quickly detects any threat that can be installed on the computer before visiting an infected web page or download a malicious file, shows a security scan function showing a warning message for unwanted programs which we can reject immediately.

Cons

So far I have not seen any disadvantage you just have to be passive when downloading as it takes a bit, but it's worth the wait to keep the PC free of unwanted programs.

Jay
Jay
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Doesn't work most of the times!

Reviewed on 2021/04/30

I'm a student who casually surfs the internet for academic and leisure purposes so it is important to remain secure. So why not use the VPN provided by my trusted Anti-Virus provider.

Pros

This is a really helpful feature to ensure individual security over the internet and alongside a vast amount of features, this is an added advantage.

Cons

The VPN feature simply doesn't work most of the time. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Norton quite a few times but with this performance, there are definitely others who provide better VPN service.