Norton Secure VPN

4,2 (36)
Virtual private network proxy and security application

Kevin B.

Stay Safe and Secure Online

Reviewed on 2021/10/05

Pros

Norton Secure VPN is easy to install and setup, and integrates perfectly with the Internet Security Suite. A couple clicks and it is up and running.

Cons

Some of the servers have a little slow-down for speeds, but have no experienced too many issues overall.

Adrian K.

Can't be set to come on at boot

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

It has a fair few countries available and it connects quite quickly. I ditched CyberGhost, which had become more expensive over the years, and thought I'd use this easter egg product that came with the security suite. It's easy to control but the one thing that's a deal breaker is it can't be set to come on at launch. To be fair on my mobile it sometimes does, but it's erratic at best. On the desktop it has to be switched on. That's no good to me so now after months of wrestling with it I am stopping using it, even though it's still essentially free as I still have the Norton Security suite.

Pros

It came with my Norton Security Suite with licenses for 5 devices

Cons

It can't be set to come on at launch, which means you have to remember to enable it

HMA and CyberGhost VPN

Reasons for Choosing Norton Secure VPN

Because it came bundled with the Norton Security suite I bought.

CyberGhost VPN

Reasons for Switching to Norton Secure VPN

Because it came bundled with the Norton Security suite I bought. It would save money. but it's not secure for the reasons I mention above so I'm not going to use it any longer.
Jareth J.

A safe internet navigation with a VPN

Reviewed on 2022/01/11

My experience was really good, i really enjoy use this software

Pros

I really like the interface in this software, it´s really easy to understand and really easy to use, so everybody can use it in a easy way and the use of the VPN in this software it´s really good, my connection was very well and i really like that you can configurate it to have a better connection and this software give us a lot of useful tools and functions

Cons

The main problem with this software, i think it could be that some tools and functions are not completely useful, but above all it´s a really good software.

Decent VPN by a trusted brand

Reviewed on 2021/04/12

I wanted a basic VPN for secure and private transactions and I trust Norton so the fact they have a VPN is useful,

Pros

It just works and has privacy-focused. It is also included in my Norton membership. The fact it auto connects on untrusted wifi is also useful.

Cons

It can be a bit sluggish when using in other countries. The features are also limited beyond some other VPN solutions.

Gary T.
  • Used for 2+ years

Norton as a reference.

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Don't really now that I use the "VPN" like I know that it can mainly for "Games", and not for being a "Gamer". I do use "VPN" for a "Swap" drive however.

Pros

I like that it allows for you to know what address are assigned even automatically to the device so that it can be used, like many other similar software packages that do almost the same for different reason of another, however, to be able to know the address for other uses of needed information then just monitoring the network, or giving permission to access different devices by different users for different reasons that have permission to access a network, and if not allowed can be block from access.

Cons

Most software is now based on membership, when I am a one time user for the last forever version of the one time purchase unless as needed to be upgrade, otherwise just doing, adding an update to the existing software, patches, and to the program already installed.

Norton AntiVirus

Reasons for Choosing Norton Secure VPN

Just testing software to I find the options, or features that I like.

OWL

Reasons for Switching to Norton Secure VPN

For the "IP' trace option that auto detects the address, most embedded "Device Names" for reference purposes of other use.
Andrew W.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used for 6-12 months

Norton VPN worked TOO WELL!!

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

Overall, my experience was not great. I paid for 1 year upfront, and ended up uninstalling from every device within the first week. I thought It would give me security, and I guess it does because you can't use the internet at all with the VPN turned on.

Pros

After receiving notices of potential identity theft, we quickly paid for Lifelock and Norton combo set. The Norton VPN creates a secure connection between my device and the internet, giving me and my business peace of mind when processing transactions online and performing important tasks online.

Cons

Everything seemed like it was working great, until all of my devices stopped working when they were connected to WiFi and the VPN. I did speed tests and was getting 0mbps download speed when using the Norton VPN. I installed it on every device, and every device had the same issue. Once I deleted the VPN from the device, everything worked as expected.

ExpressVPN

Reasons for Switching to Norton Secure VPN

I had heard ads on the radio about Norton VPN and trusted those ads. I wish it worked for my devices.
Rachelle G.

Safe option for doing business abroad

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

The VPN service allows us to access secure websites and emails without worrying about other traffic on unsecured networks.

Pros

Norton WiFi Privacy VPN helps keep your connection secure when traveling abroad and connecting to unsecured networks.

Cons

Certain websites can detect the use of the VPN and block it.

Anthony D.
  • Industry: Automotive

Norton VPN Easy and Secure

Reviewed on 2021/12/09

Pros

Deploys automatically when on unsecured/unknown network.

Cons

The first time I installed Norton VPN, my subscription was intermingled with other Norton products I had. This lead to confusing requests for resubscription and keys.

• Used Monthly for Free Trial

Norton Secure VPN

Reviewed on 2022/01/05

Pros

they have a very good bundle that you can secure your System, you are well-known in this field.

Cons

the tool is heavy it makes my OS (mostly windows based) very slow, specially if I put it on auto start with windows

Jelle J.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Easy VPN

Reviewed on 2021/12/29

Pros

Norton Secure VPN is a simple VPN that does exactly what it has to do. Norton has a big name within digital security, hence I have more trust in their products.

Cons

The VPN isn't cheap compared to a lot of other VPN's out there.

Anthony T.
  • Industry: Human Resources

So far, so good! A must-have these days.

Reviewed on 2021/07/03

Again, a positive experience as I have not had any wi-fi security issues.

Pros

In addition to doing nothing to set this up, the VPN just gives me peace of mind, knowing that my wi-fi network and devices are protected.

Cons

It's hard to say. Honestly, I have no issues with Norton VPN. I haven't had any issues thus far, and assume that because it's working like it should.

Sumeer K.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great VPN

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Pros

Works great, works fast! Love the pop out interface which allows you to get immediately connected to a VPN. Great when you're using a public wifi network or when you're out of the office

Cons

Nothing - the product does exactly as it's supposed to.

Matthew B.

1-Button Security

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

Norton VPN came as part of our Norton Security package. Every little bit of preventative security that we can add (especially for the low cost), the better. Our customers' data security is our number 1 priority.

Pros

We wanted a little extra security for taking payments and transferring tenant records across the web.

Cons

No real cons. The more security the better, especially when dealing with private, sensitive customer data.

Elsy L.

Very rewarding, excellent antivirus.

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

I have kept my computer free of malicious programs that can be installed and take advantage of my personal information.

Pros

Is a very good antivirus quickly detects any threat that can be installed on the computer before visiting an infected web page or download a malicious file, shows a security scan function showing a warning message for unwanted programs which we can reject immediately.

Cons

So far I have not seen any disadvantage you just have to be passive when downloading as it takes a bit, but it's worth the wait to keep the PC free of unwanted programs.

• Industry: Environmental Services

Hiding your VPN is great if you can afford it.

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Pros

It is very easy to set up, VPN privacy is only necessary if you want another form of protection from hackers.

Cons

like I said its a luxury purchase, but at the end of the day, more security is never a bad idea.

Nathan T.
  • Industry: Music

A good VPN for work

Reviewed on 2021/04/06

We have use this VPN to protect our work but also to access website that is geoblocked to obtain news on music industry

Pros

The VPN system is very easy to use and is easy to setup for a user in his computer. The optimal server selection is quite good !

Cons

It's difficult to add the licence on multi computer but when it's done, it's done

Secure VPN

Reviewed on 2021/07/22

Pros

Norton WiFi Privacy VPN is easy to use and very secure.

Cons

Some apps on my phone do not work well or at all while VPN is running.

Ruben G.
  • Industry: Plastics

buggy at times

Reviewed on 2021/08/10

Pros

it gives you that piece of mind that you have extra protection on your device while your on the go or just using a random stores wifi.

Cons

sometime i do get issues with things not wanting to load properly making it easier to just turn my wifi off and use my phones cellular data.

Amit P.

Make your device hackproof

Reviewed on 2021/07/21

I absolutely love it.. Especially for my job where I have to travel a lot and use a lot of public Wi-Fi.

Pros

It has become an absolute necessity to protect passwords and all other important information these days and Norton Wi-Fi Privacy VPN comes in really handy at a great offer price.
The user interface is quite smooth. Never had any issues in any of my devices connecting.

Cons

So far so good. No issues with a product from my trusted brand.

• Industry: Legal Services

Good app to connect through

Reviewed on 2020/07/17

I use it to protect my bank account passports and keep my network when i dont trust in any wifi.

Pros

I was using norton security app that why i decided to use the vpn service of the same company. It is easy to use and fast.

Cons

It is not a bad vpn application but i think it is not the best. In fact doesnt have the same quality with the antivirus app of norton. sometimes it is possible to lose the connection.

• Industry: Medical Devices
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Have been using Norton for years and have never had issues

Reviewed on 2018/10/01

Overall, Norton is a good brand and this VPN is a solid option. The cost is a little high, but the product is worth it. Any VPN is a must for security online, especially when hackers and other malicious actors are doing everything they can to steal your data.

Pros

One of the best aspects of this software is that it is easy to use and very user-friendly. Scans websites and links quickly. I have not had connection issues when using it, which is a plus because other VPNs I used have been slow and made my browsing experience poor.

Cons

It can be expensive, especially in comparison to other VPN companies that have basically the same product. However, Norton is known to be reliable, so there is some name recognition that must be going into the price. Either way, if you can afford it, I have had no other issues.

Aaron P.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Norton

Reviewed on 2019/03/04

no overall benefits a standard run of the mill free vpn app or software your could easily find a quality replacement on aptitude or play store

Pros

Easy to use interface, visually appealing

Cons

Price was at the top of my list as well as I just expect more out of a giant company like Norton there was no wow factor followed up with the standard" your free trial has expired notice and its just another big name no bang for your buck product

• Industry: Legal Services

Safe connection..

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

I use it to keep secure my connections and to connect anonymously.

Pros

It is good to connect to the networks that you dont know, for example first time you connect by that network. Norton vpn keep secure your connection. Also you can connect to restricted webpages.

Cons

Norton is better than the most of vpn software that especialized of vpn services. I dont have any problem with.

Gabriel L.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great privacy keeper

Reviewed on 2020/03/02

Awesome!

Pros

It’s easy to setup and guaranteed safety from any hacking threat

Cons

Quite expensive for individual users but worth feeling safe

Brett A.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Great Software for small business

Reviewed on 2021/11/04

Pros

Helps keep me secure, fairly easy to set up.

Cons

The software has to be turned on constantly, it is not automatic.