Smoobu

4,6 (121)
The All-in-One Software for Short-Term & Vacation Rentals

Stefano C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

best management software around for vacation rentals

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

made my life easier, and automatized many processes that were manual before. and it's still cheap!

Pros

The simplicity of setup and use, great performances, money for value, made life easier
Exceptional Italian customer support!

Cons

some minor features, compared to other software, were still missing, but they are minor and I know the Dev team keep working to improve

Nico B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Best channel manager in this price category

Reviewed on 2021/12/27

Covers all my basic needs.
Gets better every year.
Has a reasonable price.
The support is just top.

Pros

Smoobu is probably the Channel Manager with the best 'Features/Price' ratio.
We state that after we have done seriously evaluations for two years.
It has all functionality a small - middle accommodations managing service will be needing.
The subscription is very reasonable too.
They haven't stoped improving since I know them and they have the perfect support :)

Cons

There are some minor functionality issues with the user interface.
This does not affect the functionality, it is just that sometimes one can not but notice that some things could be a bit more 'up to date' in the user interface.

Cristian A.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Smoobu its the TOP 1 Channel Management.

Reviewed on 2021/10/06

2 Years looking for the Best Middle Cost Management System and found it - Smoobu

Pros

The platform is very easy to use, very good explained videos to use in any step your in. I'm very satisfied
about what they offer and the improvement they have made and expanded many offers is a high-quality product.

Cons

They have to improve the Statistic and metrics of the properties and bookings. They could add so much more info here they are not. Invoices do not generate correctly. The Payment details on reservations do not include the COMISION imported of the channel, so it's very different from what the payment show in smoobu and in the other Channels like booking.com, Airbnb, Expedia. They Have to take the same information on those channels and adjust them to make it clear and have no difference between the channels.

ALSO need to do a MAX Update to the Website Builder.

Tokeet and Hospitable.com

Reasons for Choosing Smoobu

I had an incredible struggle to find channel management that is easy, interactive, responsive, engine booking, and friendly to use and I went to 3-4 PMS and the first time I could say it's the one I need for a 7-10 Property Management.

Tokeet, Hospitable.com and Lodgify

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu

Pricing, and it's the best Channel Management to start with 4-10 Properties.
Lesley B.

Good Value, useful for expanding channels

Reviewed on 2022/01/11

Pros

Easy to integrate channels, stable, good app and good value. Update all channels in 1 place.

Cons

Remembering to make changes such as blocks only in Smoobu is tough and you risk double bookings.

Hostfully Property Management Platform

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu

Cost and functionality. Still use hostfully for guestbook.
Olga G.

Great product- Lots of potential

Reviewed on 2021/12/31

I would recommend this software to any property manager.
The software does what you expect.
Fast.

Pros

I manage 22 properties in Spain. I choose Smoobu based in these facts:

- Price
- Calendar management (APIS connection)
- Price management
- EASY built in website with payment gateway and possibility add your own domain FOR FREE
- EASY built in app.
- Owner/ team accounts
- Messages and automations

It is a self training software with a large stock of self explanatory videos to learn how to sep up your account.
Videos are also Spanish (many softwares don't provide this choice yet)

Support is fast and efficient (Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT])

The different accounts can be set up in different languages, very helpful if you have several languages in your team

Cons

Even though these areas can be improved I still will recommend it:

- Efficient way of creating reservations reports
- Easier way to know the calendar day when navigating through the calendar
- My website should have the option for marking up price (to cover Stripe costs)
- The app does not preview efficiently the calendar view.

Hayley S.

Great platform!

Reviewed on 2021/11/30

We are using Smoobu since 3 years and are very happy with the platform and the great and fast support. Thanks for the great work.

Pros

The calendar function is so useful during busy times and the automatic messages make life super easy once set up.

Cons

The only thing i would change is being able to view past bookings in the calendar view rather than having to select 'month view' wnen using the app on my phone

Samuel B.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Smoobu user

Reviewed on 2021/12/17

Pros

Simplicity end really easy to parameters

Cons

Nothing for the moment and Smoobu's people are really easy to contact and helpfull

Daniel D.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Full featured, user-friendly and very stable

Reviewed on 2021/04/19

When your business depends on a software you really need to be able to talk to a real person in case you hit a wall. The people at Smoobu are always there for you whenever you need help. 5 stars !

Pros

Smoobu allows to pull in different airbnb and booking accounts into one software environment. As a property management company specialised in short term rental this was the software to manage our business.
The setup was quick. The software is very easy to use.
Smoobu allows to program automatically sent personalised messages to guests. Airbnb has now added this feature but the Smoobu version works better. When a booking comes in 3 days before the guests arrival but the message is programmed to be sent 6 days in advance than airbnb does not send the message, but Smoobu does !
When handling numerous client accounts it is nearly impossible to handle client communication without a channel manager. Smoobu has worked without any glitches, it is as reliable as a Mercedes-Benz !

Cons

Nothing really. I have no negative comments.

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu

We were convinced by the responsiveness of the sales team and the ease of use of the software. We had tried Tokeet on a trial basis, not convinced. Many channel manager software companies promise you wonderful returns if you just plug in into as many channels as possible. That is an empty promise.
Anya B.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Smoobu Is a valuable tool

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

It is always a pleasure to work with the Smoobu team. I have even managed to contribute to the upgrades in features with some of my suggestions....which shows that the dev team is dedicated to producing a product that suits their client's needs.

Pros

I love that you are able to create a booking tool and website from the portal, and customise the bookings from various portals that are clearly identifiable by colour coding.

Cons

It would be great if there was more API integrations automatically available to all portals - especially in South Africa.

ReservationKey and Guesty

Reasons for Choosing Smoobu

I found it far too cantankerous and clunky to work with. Smoobu is super simple and effective for my needs. I have more than one cottage on one property and quite a few other properties, all owned by different owners. It's been easy to put them all onto one portal so that I have an eye of everything happening in my short term holiday rentals and cleaning business

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu

I liked Smoobu because of the versatility and ease of use. Also, Smoobu provided payments and invoicing in my local currency.
Ryohei I.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Best viable solution for small property owners with great CUSTOMER SUPPORT, CLEAN FEATURES &...

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

Pros

Firstly, for someone who has hardly used a channel manager, the learning curve is always going to be a thing no matter which service you decide to use. This was the case for me, after reading countless reviews I decided to trial Smoobu and am now a paid user.

And when the learning curve is unavoidable, Smoobu truly shines with their CUSTOMER SUPPORT - it is definitely one of their best features. Their chat team works in German-time (and they are not available 24/7), but it was definitely handy when you're based overseas. Their e-mail support team I find are VERY experienced, fast, helpful, patient, understanding and respectful - I seriously only have praise for them! They truly helped a novice channel manager user like myself troubleshoot, configure, and set up the optimal solution that works best for my particular business size and workflow.

Regarding the SOFTWARE FEATURES, I think we always tend to want more, and more of the available features offered more seamlessly and automated, so I don't think it's even fair to expect EVERYTHING, and the simplicity of Smoobu's software - both in UI and UX, once you get a grip on it, is a HUGE asset that eliminates and minimises all the headaches we go through as owners and managers.

And finally - PRICING. Based on my own research I think their overall quality offering is astounding vis a vis the cost. I am thoroughly impressed with the service and am grateful that I found something I am happy to pay for and proud to continue using!

Cons

EMAIL SUPPORT > CHAT SUPPORT: Though chat support is easier to access, for an actual conundrum or a multilayered question you're facing I would definitely go through their e-mail support since they can constructively engage with your problems (maybe also because they have more time to respond?), and you really feel that they are there to help you! But the chat team is great too for small questions you might have (but sometimes they disconnect in the middle of a question - but don't be discouraged and take that to e-mail or maybe call though I haven't tried that personally!)

GOOD DESIGN BUT NOT YET MIND-BLOWING: It is minimal, clean and ticks all the right boxes in terms of UI / UX and it is not at all problem for internal admin use, but for someone who comes from a creative industry background (e.g. used to the intuitive approach of Apple products and have done consumer-facing communication work) I do think their consumer-facing features (like their new GUEST APP and WEB EMBEDDABLE BOOKING TOOL) can be further reimagined based to align themselves with consumers who are spoiled by Apple, Google et al. providing great design to the mainstream. So in sum, based on a philosophy that good design → looks great and ALSO heightens practicality.

TWO-WAY SYNCS VS iCAL SYNC: Not a con but a note - with Airbnb when you sync via their two-way sync it makes it impossible to view or edit your calendar on Airbnb. It's great but I found it easier to iCal sync like the rest of the platforms!

Cloudbeds, Tokeet, Little Hotelier, iGMS and Guesty

Reasons for Choosing Smoobu

They are great too don't get me wrong! But Lodgify was just too expensive for my specific business size of three properties.

Lodgify
Xabier txomin S.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great software i would not hessitate to recommend

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

It is really easy to use. No complications, no difficult to set up functionalities. The property web facility is a plus. The support team is really friendly, knowledgeable and listens to customers!. I am getting lots of emails from competition but I am not planning to move from Smoobu. I really love Smoobu simplicity.

Pros

Pros:
1.-It is a very easy to use software. Getting familiar with smoobu is really simple, practically instantaneous.
2.-The migration to Smoobu is really simple and staff is always willing to help.
3.-They have a very useful and very easy to configure web functionality.
4.-I love the functionality of being able to synchronize rates from smoobu with the most important sales channels.
5.-The synchronizations works perfectly. It has never failed so far. No double bookings at all.
6.-The system rarely crashes down and if it does, it is momentarily for maintenance.
7.-You can set up Smoobu in different languages. It is truly multi-lingual.
8.-Perhaps this is one of the strongest points of Smoobu. It is true that communication with the customer service department is easy, fast and always in a friendly and professional tone.

Cons

Cons:
Given that it is a software that it is designed to be easily usable and does not complicate its functionalities, there may be people who miss less avant-garde features but in my case in particular I love that everything Smoobu offers works perfectly and without complications. They are currently developing a solution for the new PSD2 regulations, which is more than welcome.

Lisa S.

Self Catering Owner of One Property

Reviewed on 2021/06/10

Love the automation as we still work full time so need the admin to be as automated as possible.

Pros

Smoobu was the first channel manager e used when we started as i wanted something that could manage the OTA's from one place and Smoobu does this. I also love the fact it integrates with our dynamic pricing tool, pricelabs. These tools are essential as an owner especially if you still work full time.

Cons

Id love to see a full pricing api with VRBO and the minute i have to pay for two api links. When booking using the booking tool, it would be great if the customer email could pass through to Stripe so the receipt is emailed at the point of booking. This is manual at the moment. If we could have a search availability tool that can be added as aa widget to a website, that would be helpful. At the minute it is only available on the booking widget but a smaller version where you can check your dates would be good.

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu

the booking tool for our wordpress website.
Allan M.

Tokeet to Smoobu

Reviewed on 2021/03/15

Overall, our experience has been great. We have lost a couple of features, however what we have gained far outweighs this.
Customer support also very kindly offered to import existing direct bookings which was very helpful.

Pros

The features that drew us to Smoobu were the automated messaging, Igloohome integration, the guest guide/portal and the additional option selling.

Cons

I would say the only negative point we have so far is the handling/recording of invoices.
Payments need to be recorded manually, whereas Tokeet would handle this automatically and made it very easy to schedule invoices, and track sent, outstanding and paid invoices.

Guesty and eviivo

Reasons for Choosing Smoobu

To improve integration with third party services, improve our automation functionality and provide a better customer experience for our guests.

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu

Price was the main motivation, as I feel Smoobu provides the best level of functionality in the price bracket.
Andrew R.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Minimal user IT knowledge needed; Regular Improvements and New Feature; Top After-Sales Support

Reviewed on 2020/01/31

We have absolute confidence in the Smoobu software after over 2 years of using it. In an increasingly automated world, the Smoobu after sales staff have a human touch and an UNDERSTANDING of our business that is invaluable, which indicates that they are well-trained/experienced. Any problems can be solved swiftly without long tedious (and repeated) explanations. We have found EXACTLY the product and back-up we need, starting from scratch in 2017 and cruising at our optimum turnover in 2020, which would have been impossible with the Smoobu software package.

Pros

As a single property tourism letting company, we need a one-stop solution for our market visibility, communications, calendar and price management (linked to the WHOLE market) and and a 100% reliable point-of-sale interface with our payment provider platform. The SMOOBU property rental management software package gives us all the above and several other options that we don't use. Very good value for money when one considers its vital role. It's an EXCELLENT tool.

Cons

We offer our website in 3 languages BUT Smoobu does not, as yet, permit us to set up a photo-based template into which we can add our images THEN copy that template and insert the different languages. The work-time needed to set up the sites is therefore tripled as each language site needs to be started from a set of blank pages.... The Smoobu team is so pro-active that this option will no doubt come soon.

Criscia R.

Easy to use & Highly recommended

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

Pros

This channel manager has really increased our team efficiency while managing ~40 properties in India. It's very easy to use, very fast to get started... We did the trial and realised we could not live without it anymore! Customer service is also very responsive! I HIGHLY recommend this channel manager.

Cons

For over 40 listings it is difficult to search the availability as we need to scroll up or down. If there is search option for dates it would make it easier.

Guesty

Response from Smoobu

Dear Criscia,
thanks very much for your review and choosing us over others. Very excited to hear that you are enjoying your experience. We are working on making the calendar easier to use also for larger accounts. In the meantime, have you discovered the calendar only view? https://login.smoobu.com/de/booking/calendar/2
Best
Philipp

Janette A.

Smoobu is the best

Reviewed on 2021/09/16

Smoobu is the best software I ever had. The management are considerate enough to waive my fees because I forgot to temp stop the subscription due to pandemic. That the total value of money, trust and confidence to smoobu and the management.

Pros

I have tried a lot of software but I lasted for more than two years in smoobu. Easy to use software and no limitations to connect in all channels. Synching the room rates and blocking and unblocking the dates were so easy too. Management of Smoobu are easy to deal with, as well. I highly recommended smoobu software.

Cons

Change the daily rates is still manual. I would like to recommend to just a click and it will apply to the certain period.

Gerry N.
  • Industry: Hospitality

You can phone them! You call them, they answer. They listen, they do what you want. In minutes!

Reviewed on 2017/11/18

It supports my business, and saves me time and money. It also frees me up to grow my business and add new channels with confidence

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive. Great dashboard with everything you need all in one screen. All backed up by the best customer service I have had with a Channel Manager. It's like having a back office that actually likes working with you. Before discovering Smoobu I had tried 2 other channel managers. I lasted 9 months with the first and only 3 months with the second. They were difficult to navigate, badly designed. The customer service was awful, you had to either send an email and wait for a reply or make an appointment sometime in the future to get a call back (that often just didn't happen). I was going crazy and about to give up on finding something that worked. Then I found Smoobu. It was a Saturday afternoon, and they had a telephone number. Just out of curiosity I called (expecting a voicemail saying they were closed). Much to my surprise a human being answered. I was up and running within hours. A connection that with a previous company had taken 3 weeks took them 2 minutes. Yes I know, unbelievable. No more stress. No more feelings of isolation. No more double bookings (and being told it was somehow my fault). I am now relaxed and happy and growing my business. And concentrating on my guests. I really feel like I have found a business partner who cares about me and is part of my success.

Tara M.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Ticks more boxes that you need for less money!

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

We'd been comparing platforms for a few weeks and found that Smoobu was not only more cost-effective but that it ticked so many more boxes than we had even envisaged. The Smoobu team are super helpful and respond very quickly to the few queries I had but really, they have explained everything exceptionally clearly that you'll rarely need to reach out! I'd highly recommend Smoobu and can't imagine moving to any other platform especially with their continuous improvements and new integrations which I think will be very useful when normality returns to our hospitality business!

Pros

Cost-effective and incredibly easy to set up all the integrations with everything explained exceptionally clearly that you'll rarely need to reach out but the team are super helpful when you do and respond very quickly! Ticked so many more boxes than we had even envisaged. The Guest App is genius and we can't wait for our guests to benefit; as well as upselling feature!

Cons

That I didn't discover it sooner. It didn't appear in my google searches but luckily discovered it via an online ad :)

Tamir E.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Good software. It is possible to make it excellent software

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

Overall convenient and friendly software. In my opinion with some other functions like the ones I mentioned it can turn from good software into excellent software.
It is important for me to add that there are similar software to this one at lower prices and at more expensive prices. In my country the average monthly software cost ranges around 50 euros. If you were able to connect a credit company that works with Israel and flexibility along with invoice automation, I have no doubt that I would recommend many to switch to this software.

Pros

The interface is convenient from any computer and mobile phone

Cons

1.There is no clear place to see a customer payment status.
2. In my country the software cannot connect to a credit card so I need to use more software.
3. If I want to issue a concentrated invoice at the end of a month to a supplier that sends customers to me it is problematic. That is, it is not possible to open a clean invoice and associate it with customers that I had this month.

Paolo B.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

I would definitely recommend it

Reviewed on 2020/05/28

Although I am still in the trial phase, I have no doubt that I will continue to use Smoobu in the future.

Pros

The ease of use in different aspects: synchronization with the different portals, setting the different payment methods, creating your own web page.
There is no need to have great computer skills, you are guided step by step and if that is not enough, clear and comprehensive video tutorials are offered.
The contact with the customer service has been pleasant and friendly.
I am also glad for the possibility recently offered to block dates before an arrival and after a departure, due to the ongoing health crisis.

Cons

I can't get myself to like visually the speedometer of the "use" widget in the desk.
In addition, the fact that when I select a property in the calendar menu and reload the page, I lose the previous selection.

Luke M.

Great channel manager!

Reviewed on 2021/06/10

with previous channel manager, I have used in the past, there were missing one most important think for me, mobile compatibility, which smoobu has and its working perfectly

Pros

Mobile friendly and customer support where the key factor for me

Cons

do not have it at the moment, its working perfectly for me

Tokeet and Guesty

Reasons for Choosing Smoobu

user friendly and mobile compatibility

Zeevou

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu

customer support, more clear fees, and personly more user friendly.
Luana H.

Extremely helpful and intuitive

Reviewed on 2020/11/09

Amazing.

Pros

I started using Smoobu back when it was really small and sort of beta version and liked it from the getgo. In the meantime they have improved and expanded so much and i am truly happy for them because what they offer is a high quality product. The platform is easy to use,intuitive and responsive,easily accessible on all devices. The customer service is fast and helpful. Already converted many of my colleagues into clients and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a tool that helps organise your hospitality small business.

Cons

The color palette for the website,perhaps.

Petra B.

Smoobu just works

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

The most important consideration for me was to be able to sync instantly across multiple booking channels, including my own website. Now that I can do this it means I can have instant booking switched on without the stress of worrying about double bookings. Smoobu just works great

Pros

I really love using Smoobu in my business, it is so easy to use across platforms, and it allows me to run my business the way I envisaged it when I started, by being responsive to the needs of my guests. It helps me to be professional and to stay on top of everything. It also helps me to sleep at night

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about the software, I recommend that anybody in the room rental, holiday letting or hotel business gives it a try

Patricia D.

Did not work for my Vacation Rentals

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

I used this software about every minute of the free software trail, switching both my airbnb and vrbo 5 listings from current software to Smoobu. what a nightmare. I've been using Bookerville which is loaded with features, but doesn't quite have the smooth look of Smoobu. Instead of throwing my efforts into Bookerville, I thought all Softwares were the same.... No they are not. My Smoobu experience had be fall in LOVE with Bookerville and take the effort to expand my use of their numerous fully developed features. Describe my overall experience with Smoobu? Above all it convinced me that I had the best vacation software in Bookerville over all its competition.

Pros

Very attractive. It has a very clean feel to it and nicely visual

Cons

There were quite a few issues that I thought they may over time address, but I'd have to say the absolutely most shocking shortcoming of this software was an inability for guest who comes to your website to get an itemized quote. I actually called and arranged a VERY early morning conference call with this European based company.... and this is just one of the crazy, head scratching things about this software. It allows you to imbed a link from them to your own company website for guests to get a quote; but this is a total quote.... No itemized quote. So if you've got a $1000 refundable deposit, guests don't know that, its just this HUGE total, without details on cleaning fee, taxes, options, refundable deposit, etc. From here, the guests can contact you for the itemized quote and book. What the heck? why can't they book on line? why can't they see an itemized quote? This is just one of the things that Smoobu knew hosts would want, but that they didn't bother to do right.... and unfortunately one of so many half way done things .... I guess so they could add it to their feature list, but it is completely useless. Just having an itemized quote and booking the guest later would have been a huge help, but they couldn't be bothered to do this.... and with refundable deposits in one HUGE total ... hosts will have to clutter their websites with explanations.

Response from Smoobu

Dear Patricia,
thanks for your review! I quickly checked all your tickets and I understand where you are coming from. What you are looking for is a high end agency solution that can cover all your details for your business. we are however targeting owners and we are providing a very affordable solution. So indeed our software may not be what you need. But please also note that a product you are looking for will cost you a multiple of Smoobu.
Also e.g. if you want to put a deposit you can add it to the extras that will not be displayed in the overall costs of the booking. So for your main point there is actually a solution we can offer.
Wishing you all the best
Philipp

Maximilian e. S.

Great Tool, Great People Behind, Simple and efficient

Reviewed on 2019/11/22

Pros

More than 3 years ago, when I was looking for a simple but well thought through Chanel Manager, I came across Smoobu. Implementation was quite easy even for me as an inexperienced user of Chanel manager. In the last 3 years Smoobu has developed enormously and still offers me everything I need to successfully market my almost 20 accommodations.

The support is always fast and efficient and suggestions are taken seriously!

I'm sure I'll be happy working with Smoobu for many yearsand look forward to the next development steps.

Cons

I do not habe any complains about smoobu. For me nothing is missing