Smoobu

The All-in-One Software for Short-Term & Vacation Rentals

Lisa

Self Catering Owner of One Property

Reviewed on 2021/06/10

Love the automation as we still work full time so need the admin to be as automated as possible.

Pros

Smoobu was the first channel manager e used when we started as i wanted something that could manage the OTA's from one place and Smoobu does this. I also love the fact it integrates with our dynamic pricing tool, pricelabs. These tools are essential as an owner especially if you still work full time.

Cons

Id love to see a full pricing api with VRBO and the minute i have to pay for two api links. When booking using the booking tool, it would be great if the customer email could pass through to Stripe so the receipt is emailed at the point of booking. This is manual at the moment. If we could have a search availability tool that can be added as aa widget to a website, that would be helpful. At the minute it is only available on the booking widget but a smaller version where you can check your dates would be good.

Tokeet

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu

the booking tool for our wordpress website.
Ganache

Opinion Costebelle Conciergerie

Reviewed on 2021/06/23

Very good exchanges with the team in place, especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT] who manages the French clientele.

Pros

sharing schedules with the teams and the booking site

Cons

No PMS. Technical difficulty in setting up certain data (booking engine, and connectivity with platforms)

Beds24 and Amenitiz

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu

Because of the fixed price and not the commission
Heidi
  • Industry: Hospitality

This product is geared towards Europeans

Reviewed on 2021/04/16

I have had a terrible experience with Smoobu and do not recommend this product to anyone

Pros

The guest app was a nice feature. This product was less expensive than others

Cons

The customer service for this product is terrible. It is difficult to speak to anyone by phone and if you are able to finally get through it has to be during European hours so if you can't talk first thing in the morning you are out of luck. Many features on the included booking website are geared towards Europeans and cannot be fixed. For example, Sq meters instead of sq ft, the format for the date is day/month/year, the website has the word domicile as a tab which should say home but they have yet to fix, I never could get the website to work properly for direct bookings (whenever I tried certain dates it said that those dates weren't open even though they were). I also could not get PayPal to work with the booking website and when I asked customer service for help with they asked me to send them a screenshot of the problem (that's usually what they wanted for everything). Lastly, the most frustrating thing about this program is that after the free trial I decided to pay for a year upfront and now that I have discovered how much I don't like the program and want to cancel they won't give me a prorated refund.

Response from Smoobu

Hi heidi,
thanks for your feedback. Let me apologize for your experience. We are a Europe based company, indeed. We are still adapting some minor issues for the US market (exactly these 2), but we have +1000 happy clients in the US already.
The PayPal issue that you were having must be a setup issue, happy to get it fixed with you. The fact that you did not have any days available were because you had not yet set your prices. No prices = no availability.
Indeed we do not pro rate refunds. You had the choice to opt in for the monthly subscription, no questions asked. Plus you had a 14 day trial without any obligations whatsoever.
Happy to hear your thoughts.
Best regards
Philipp

Ana
  • Industry: Hospitality

strongly recommended for professional hosts

Reviewed on 2023/05/15

Pros

I've been using Smoobu for over 2 years now, and I've got to say, their customer service is top-notch. Talking to real people instead of bots is a nice touch. They're quick to respond and always helpful.The host solution is a game changer, making it so much easier to manage my property across multiple sites. It saves me from double bookings and lets me adjust rates and availability all at once. Plus, the automated messages and website creation are a big help.I really like the financial stats feature, it gives me a quick look at my earnings across different platforms. The dashboard's cool too.

Cons

It'd be great if the financial stats could factor in the commissions from the different platforms. I know it's a big ask, given the different commission rates, but it would be a helpful addition. I would also have an ability to block individual apartments leaving the entire property open for bookings by groups.

Andrew
  • Industry: Hospitality

Minimal user IT knowledge needed; Regular Improvements and New Feature; Top After-Sales Support

Reviewed on 2020/01/31

We have absolute confidence in the Smoobu software after over 2 years of using it. In an increasingly automated world, the Smoobu after sales staff have a human touch and an UNDERSTANDING of our business that is invaluable, which indicates that they are well-trained/experienced. Any problems can be solved swiftly without long tedious (and repeated) explanations. We have found EXACTLY the product and back-up we need, starting from scratch in 2017 and cruising at our optimum turnover in 2020, which would have been impossible with the Smoobu software package.

Pros

As a single property tourism letting company, we need a one-stop solution for our market visibility, communications, calendar and price management (linked to the WHOLE market) and and a 100% reliable point-of-sale interface with our payment provider platform. The SMOOBU property rental management software package gives us all the above and several other options that we don't use. Very good value for money when one considers its vital role. It's an EXCELLENT tool.

Cons

We offer our website in 3 languages BUT Smoobu does not, as yet, permit us to set up a photo-based template into which we can add our images THEN copy that template and insert the different languages. The work-time needed to set up the sites is therefore tripled as each language site needs to be started from a set of blank pages.... The Smoobu team is so pro-active that this option will no doubt come soon.

Criscia

Easy to use & Highly recommended

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

Pros

This channel manager has really increased our team efficiency while managing ~40 properties in India. It's very easy to use, very fast to get started... We did the trial and realised we could not live without it anymore! Customer service is also very responsive! I HIGHLY recommend this channel manager.

Cons

For over 40 listings it is difficult to search the availability as we need to scroll up or down. If there is search option for dates it would make it easier.

Guesty

Response from Smoobu

Dear Criscia,
thanks very much for your review and choosing us over others. Very excited to hear that you are enjoying your experience. We are working on making the calendar easier to use also for larger accounts. In the meantime, have you discovered the calendar only view? https://login.smoobu.com/de/booking/calendar/2
Best
Philipp

Janette

Smoobu is the best

Reviewed on 2021/09/16

Smoobu is the best software I ever had. The management are considerate enough to waive my fees because I forgot to temp stop the subscription due to pandemic. That the total value of money, trust and confidence to smoobu and the management.

Pros

I have tried a lot of software but I lasted for more than two years in smoobu. Easy to use software and no limitations to connect in all channels. Synching the room rates and blocking and unblocking the dates were so easy too. Management of Smoobu are easy to deal with, as well. I highly recommended smoobu software.

Cons

Change the daily rates is still manual. I would like to recommend to just a click and it will apply to the certain period.

Nico
  • Industry: Hospitality

Best channel manager in this price category

Reviewed on 2021/12/27

Covers all my basic needs.
Gets better every year.
Has a reasonable price.
The support is just top.

Covers all my basic needs.
Gets better every year.
Has a reasonable price.
The support is just top.

Pros

Smoobu is probably the Channel Manager with the best 'Features/Price' ratio.
We state that after we have done seriously evaluations for two years.
It has all functionality a small - middle accommodations managing service will be needing.
The subscription is very reasonable too.
They haven't stoped improving since I know them and they have the perfect support :)

Cons

There are some minor functionality issues with the user interface.
This does not affect the functionality, it is just that sometimes one can not but notice that some things could be a bit more 'up to date' in the user interface.

tamir
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Good software. It is possible to make it excellent software

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

Overall convenient and friendly software. In my opinion with some other functions like the ones I mentioned it can turn from good software into excellent software.
It is important for me to add that there are similar software to this one at lower prices and at more expensive prices. In my country the average monthly software cost ranges around 50 euros. If you were able to connect a credit company that works with Israel and flexibility along with invoice automation, I have no doubt that I would recommend many to switch to this software.

Pros

The interface is convenient from any computer and mobile phone

Cons

1.There is no clear place to see a customer payment status.
2. In my country the software cannot connect to a credit card so I need to use more software.
3. If I want to issue a concentrated invoice at the end of a month to a supplier that sends customers to me it is problematic. That is, it is not possible to open a clean invoice and associate it with customers that I had this month.

Gary

ExcellentExcellent

Reviewed on 2023/10/05

Excellent

Excellent

Pros

Great service and prompt help from [sensitive content hidden]. Would highly recommend

Cons

No Cons at all , really good relationship

Omar
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great Product and Easy to Use. Friendly team.

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Very happy with the overall product. Customer service is not available on weekends but the team is very friendly and eager to help when you get to them.

Pros

Very easy to use and setup. Quick connection to Airnb and Booking.com (yet to try the others)

Cons

At first the messaging system wasn't my favorite. However, the new update looks great and integrates all messaging from Airbnb and Booking.com into the platform. Trying it out now and very happy with it!

Booking Automation and SabeeApp

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu

Mobile Apps, Simpler to use for my particular needs.
Petra

Smoobu just works

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

The most important consideration for me was to be able to sync instantly across multiple booking channels, including my own website. Now that I can do this it means I can have instant booking switched on without the stress of worrying about double bookings. Smoobu just works great

Pros

I really love using Smoobu in my business, it is so easy to use across platforms, and it allows me to run my business the way I envisaged it when I started, by being responsive to the needs of my guests. It helps me to be professional and to stay on top of everything. It also helps me to sleep at night

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about the software, I recommend that anybody in the room rental, holiday letting or hotel business gives it a try

Gian Marco

Awesome product.

Reviewed on 2023/02/08

Pros

Best software I have used so far for Vacation Rentals. Very user friendly. Easy to set up. Well thought infrastructure.

Cons

Everything works perfect, so nothing that we don't like.

Hostify and Guesty For Hosts

Trial period

Response from Smoobu

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, Gian Marco! These are the things that keep us so motivated to continue doing what we're doing, and we're so happy to hear that you had a great experience using Smoobu. Let us know if we can do anything else for you.

cristin

Excellent Starter channel manager

Reviewed on 2022/08/10

Good for a good start.

Good for a good start.

Pros

The friendly dashboard is incredibly easy to use.

Cons

They have to upgrade more functionality like reports and finance intergrations. expenses on every listening.

Paolo
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

I would definitely recommend it

Reviewed on 2020/05/28

Although I am still in the trial phase, I have no doubt that I will continue to use Smoobu in the future.

Pros

The ease of use in different aspects: synchronization with the different portals, setting the different payment methods, creating your own web page.
There is no need to have great computer skills, you are guided step by step and if that is not enough, clear and comprehensive video tutorials are offered.
The contact with the customer service has been pleasant and friendly.
I am also glad for the possibility recently offered to block dates before an arrival and after a departure, due to the ongoing health crisis.

Cons

I can't get myself to like visually the speedometer of the "use" widget in the desk.
In addition, the fact that when I select a property in the calendar menu and reload the page, I lose the previous selection.

Olga

Great product- Lots of potential

Reviewed on 2021/12/31

I would recommend this software to any property manager.
The software does what you expect.
Fast.

I would recommend this software to any property manager.
The software does what you expect.
Fast.

Pros

I manage 22 properties in Spain. I choose Smoobu based in these facts:

- Price
- Calendar management (APIS connection)
- Price management
- EASY built in website with payment gateway and possibility add your own domain FOR FREE
- EASY built in app.
- Owner/ team accounts
- Messages and automations

It is a self training software with a large stock of self explanatory videos to learn how to sep up your account.
Videos are also Spanish (many softwares don't provide this choice yet)

Support is fast and efficient (Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT])

The different accounts can be set up in different languages, very helpful if you have several languages in your team

Cons

Even though these areas can be improved I still will recommend it:

- Efficient way of creating reservations reports
- Easier way to know the calendar day when navigating through the calendar
- My website should have the option for marking up price (to cover Stripe costs)
- The app does not preview efficiently the calendar view.

Hayley

Great platform!

Reviewed on 2021/11/30

We are using Smoobu since 3 years and are very happy with the platform and the great and fast support. Thanks for the great work.

Pros

The calendar function is so useful during busy times and the automatic messages make life super easy once set up.

Cons

The only thing i would change is being able to view past bookings in the calendar view rather than having to select 'month view' wnen using the app on my phone

massimo
  • Industry: Hospitality

Easy to use and extraordinary assistance

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

Managing prices and availability is very easy, even from the smartphone.
The software allows you...

Managing prices and availability is very easy, even from the smartphone.
The software allows you also to make most changes to your properties by yourself.
Messaging with guest from one place makes you save a lot of time: no need to log in and out all day.
Automatic mails do the job for you.

Pros

This is very easy to use and that makes you very efficient.
Their assistance service really makes the difference. You are never alone!

Cons

Maybe I'd like to be updated when they release new features, and to make it really complete, they need to develop the invoicing system (more like a PMS)

Mario

Ecxellent Channel

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

I don't need to check or update OTA's when a property is booked.

I don't need to check or update OTA's when a property is booked.

Pros

This channel manager is really complete and fits perfectly with the needs of a tourist manager.
it's quick to update the data in the various channels. The feature I like most is that I can send an email with all the information to all customers automatically. In addition to the channel with the same price, a booking engine is included.

Cons

It should be fantastic to change the percentage different between channels for singolar apartment.

Martin
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Software for Rental Owners

Reviewed on 2023/01/22

Pros

Smoobu makes landlord life easier! Great solutions, very good support. I wouldn't want to rent without Smoobu anymore. I didn't dare to use the web building kit at first, but now I have my own website from Smoobu's building kit. Since I'm an IT layman, that's saying something. Smoobu is absolutely worth the price, also for the standardized communication, and the pricing tools. All in all - 1A.Translated with [sensitive content hidden] (free version)

Cons

I would like to have easier options for adding sitemap and favicon, but I'm sure Smoobu will help me with that competently.

Response from Smoobu

Dear Martin, we appreciate that you took the time to tell us about your experiences while using Smoobu, especially our website feature! If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know. Thank you for your trust!

Christian
  • Industry: Hospitality

Very good channel management tool

Reviewed on 2023/05/16

Pros

This is an excellent Channel Manager. My guests at Villa Hygge in Ciovo Croatia love the personalised web sites where I can provide in greatest detail all the information required that a guest might be looking for, such as places to to eat, shop, attractions, beaches, activities, etc, etc. Also the integration with the main booking platforms works seamlessly. I can highly recommend Smoobu to anyone looking for trouble-free booking management.

Cons

It is a bit costly, but the benefits may weigh in favourably.

Britta
Britta

Fantastic software

Reviewed on 2023/08/17

Pros

It is easy to use and the support is fast en good

Cons

If I want to add text at the invoice it is not good working. That is until now the only point I have.

Mathias
  • Industry: Hospitality

Best vacation home rental software

Reviewed on 2022/06/16

Pros

Very clear and everything you need for renting a holiday apartment.

Cons

Visitor's tax for children cannot yet be calculated separately

Jason
  • Industry: Sports

Jason Fry

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

A great experience.

A great experience.

Pros

In expensive and very easy to use. Great customer service also, when needed.

Cons

Nothing, all was great, I was very happy with the software.

Henrik
  • Industry: Hospitality

Easy to use booking software

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

We lease out several cabins, and smoobu helps us keep price parity across several OTAs, and we have all communication with our guests in one platform. It also keeps all our places easy viewable in in one place.
Customer service is swift in replies if we have any questions, and they are great at developing new features.

Pros

Many integrations with OTAs such as Airbnb, Booking.com and many more.
Cheap

Cons

Missing revenue management module to control prices easily. They do have a price management module, but its awkward to use. I´ve solved this with integration towards pricelabs.