Momentum IoT

GPS telematics tracking solution for fleet managers

4,8
Fady S.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Momentum is easy to use for the whole team

Reviewed on 2020/05/13

I’ve been working with Momentum Eagle-1 devices for almost 2 years. They are quick to install and have great connectivity. We rolled Momentum out to our whole fleet, including trucks and trailers. For our local offices, we set each one up with a monitor that’s set to show Momentum’s live map of their tracked assets. All of this was done without additional cost or complex development. Once the devices were plugged in, viewing and tracking them online was very fast. The team is friendly and has supported all our users, from the boardroom to the field teams. Billing has been clear and simple, as easy as using the device and applications themselves.

Pros

Easy to set up. Responsive vendor with good, clear support. New features keep coming regularly.

Cons

There were a couple issues with notifications, but once we learned more about setting up monitors and assigning users, this got much better.

Company size: Self Employed

Small Business Freight Brokers Dream

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/07/21

Overall using this Momentum IoT has strengthen my relationship with my clients and provided an extra layer of confindience when shipping goods. It allows for them to self-manage the process and also provides really awesome reporting. It adaptiable so I could see many other companies switching to the service to have a an uniform system .

Pros

As a small business getting into the freight game I was looking for a product that allows me to track and understand the movement of the drivers while in possession of the shipper's cargo. I wanted something which provided realtime data and also that the shipper and receiver could access to see or track as well. Momentum IoT allows me to provide what's the client needs without having to hold their hand to get it. I can handle other responsibilities and they can access it when they need too. I also love the fact that it's pretty userfriendly and understandable so there isn't a lot of training needed to get going and understanding the interface. The customer support team is awesome, friendly and knowledgable as they fully understand the product and its capabilities.

Cons

Being that this is one of the first systems I've used I don't have anything negative about it really. I've enjoyed using it and most of the issues I have experenced with user errors.

Andrew S.
Industry: Online Media

A great way to track your assets

Reviewed on 2020/06/19

My experience has been top notch from them. I had a question about setting up a geo fence and they answered very quickly and with detailed instructions.

Pros

What I liked most about this software was that it was super simple to set up. I chose the 12v connection type and can switch it between different assets when needed.

Cons

Pretty much the only thing that I do not like about this product is that it can drain your battery if you do not use your truck for a few weeks. With quarantine happening this year, I did not drive my truck for 2 weeks and I had a dead battery. I assume it was because the gps was trickling a little juice from it each day. As long as I drive the truck once a week, the alternator recharges the battery just fine.

Zach L.

Quality and Affordability in one

Reviewed on 2020/05/14

Momentum works very diligently at solving any issue we have and also communicating issues that they have resolved but did not directly impact our Fleet. This level of transparency is very refreshing compared to other telematics providers.

Pros

The reporting dashboard is very easy to use and the robustness of the trips report allows for a high degree of KPI customization.

Cons

Additional reports mapping speed and accelerometer data. Driver & maintenance integration should also be on the road map to have a full feature suite.

Jeff Y.

Awesome

Reviewed on 2020/06/19

I can tell where my drivers are and if I have a emergency, I can see who is the close driver to take care of it..

Pros

First 30 days free and free shipping. that tell me you (Momentum) believe in what dose..

Cons

The map doesn't load enough fast and no cell phone app.

Ezekiel K.

Scalable Fleet Operations and Management + Business Intelligence

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/05/21

As our business grew, fleet management and efficiently deploying crews became a challenge, especially in metropolitan areas. With Momentum, we are able to scale Fleet Operations and Management with our expansion. Right tool for the right job, so to speak.

Pros

Clear and concise interface. Accurate tracking of assets in real-time. APIs available for bolstering business intelligence! Desktop AND mobile browser-friendly. Fee structure is straight forward.

Cons

Momentum has a learning curve, however flat. Our users were able to learn quickly and the platform has become indispensable.

Edward H.
Industry: Environmental Services

Dude, where's my truck?

Reviewed on 2020/05/18

Superb customer service and sales experience.

Pros

It's very easy to use. It's basically point and click.

Cons

Generating reports can get to be overwhelming because all of the data the device collects. In this case, too much of a good thing is a good thing.

Scott M.

Not too bad at all

Reviewed on 2020/06/18

Over all it has done all i could ask for in everyday fleet management

Pros

Being able to go back and view trips i would say is the most useful for me

Cons

Not have all the abilities of the desktop version in the mobile app

Dustin L.
Industry: Entertainment

Awesome Telematics Solution at an Affordable Price

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

Pros

Ease of use | Plug and Play | Real-time updates | Affordable

Cons

I wish the Trips Report listed stops/locations.

Shawn M.

Wow! Awesome product

Reviewed on 2020/07/08

Has been great so far.

Pros

Easy to install and set up. Very accurate on location and live feed.

Cons

Wish they had more options for mobile devices.

Paul S.
Industry: Wholesale

Great Product

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

Pros

I like that we are able to re-route our drivers as needed.

Cons

That the drivers can't edit their route.

Aniello D.
Industry: Real Estate

Managing fleet of cars

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/07/20

Pros

Easy access and navigation the software

Cons

Set up explanation and installation of software to devices