Jason W.

Proclaim Native-Cloud Ease

Reviewed on 2021/03/30

I used Proclaim for several years but switched to another product during the COVID pandemic due to the other product's ability to stream a service easily. I came back to Proclaim for performance reasons, and I had to do some interesting things with OBS to create a stream that included live video and slide data from Proclaim. Since Faithlife has finally created an alternate slide screen where I can modify the slide data with live video in the background, I absolutely love Proclaim.

Pros

I love the fact that Proclaim is natively cloud-based and any edits I make to a service presentation are instantly replicated to any other device with Proclaim on it. I also love the responsiveness of the slides to slide changes. It doesn't matter if the background is an image or 50mb video loop, the slides change is instant. I have used other product that have a .5 sec - 2 sec delay and you wouldn't think that makes a difference but in song lyric changes or during a pastor's sermon it's an eternity.

Cons

The feature to stream directly to a RTMP feed from a Mac. This has been available on the Windows platform for a while, and I have been patiently waiting for this for several months now.

Trey M.

Proclaim: A Great Cloud-Based Presentation Solution

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

They have been very pleasantly work with and responsive.

Pros

The ability to install this software in minutes on an unlimited number of Macs or PCs is invaluable. Even more so, is the ability to work on a presentation with multiple team members simultaneously from remote locations. Cloud syncing is a huge plus of this software. The user interface is straightforward and intuitive; so much so that you actually feel inclined to use the software and be creative while doing so. The ability to edit a slide real time while not going “off air” is great.

Cons

It does lack some of the customizability that more complex software, like ProPresenter, provides. It would be nice to send true transparencies out instead of needing to key a background color out (having more background color choices for keying would also be great). Sometimes the presentations can be a little laggy when scrolling, but this is by no means a show stopper.

David P.

Perfect for Churches

Reviewed on 2020/12/28

Pros

Cloud based - can edit on one computer and present on another
great pricing options
easy to implement and use
great features

Cons

nothing it is aa great product and haven't noticed any real negatives yet

James R.

Growing with the times

Reviewed on 2021/03/30

This has been a time saver for me and allows me to spend more time in other areas of ministry too.

Pros

Proclaim since we launched it continues to grow with the times. It has made our media presence known more and that was especially helpful during Covid-19. The importation process is easy (for I write in Sermon Editor). I love that other team members can work within Proclaim even at the same time and everything will be in sync.

Cons

I wish there were additional options for graphics on the slides, more PowerPoint type of options. I know I can transfer PowerPoints in, but would rather have everything in one place.

Joel M.

pricey but powerful

Reviewed on 2020/12/23

Team management has made this program extremely beneficial. Unlimited downloads allows each team member to download on their own device to add their content.

Pros

Proclaim integrates with other Faithlife applications like Logos, Sites, and Groups

Cons

I have had issues with importing powerpoint presentations, especially when on a Mac device.

Sam S.

Fantastic Presentation Software

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

Pros

We have really appreciated being able to use the Proclaim software for preparing visual elements to include in our times of worship.
This is so much more than a lyric display software. The resources that Faithlife has already prepared and the tools that they give you to customize those images allows you to do all of your work from within the one piece of software if you are willing to learn to work within that framework.

Cons

Some things have been a bit difficult for people to figure out because it wasn't intuitive to how they thought. After watching the videos people have figured out how things work within the software and everyone has been able to make good use of it with minimal training. The training videos have been very helpful with that.

Enoc A.

Great Software for Any Church

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

Pros

I love the ease of use. Our Church got up and running with the software almost immediately. Our church was using Powerpoint as our lyric slides. This has been such a huge help. The graphics, backgrounds, videos are all amazing.

Cons

I cannot really find a con for this product as it has been nothing but good for our Church.

Rebecca K.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Love the integration with our Website

Reviewed on 2020/12/24

Our church chose to purchase the bundle subscription with Faithlife, including media (Proclaim), website, online giving, interactive communication with members. Instead of paying for separate licenses, we pay one annual fee. Overall we are saving a lot of money. The new features of integration is the biggest plus.

Pros

Faithlife Proclaim makes putting together a Worship Service a breeze. First, it integrates with CCLI, so all songs are automatically imported. I then format the songs to my liking with a plethora of background options. It also automatically records the portions of the service with a simple prompt in the outline, for example - the sermon. Once the sermon is recorded, I can edit it, title it, and automatically publish it on the church's website, recorded with the sermon slides. The announcement slides are automatically published on the website as "Bulletin." Proclaim is very easy to use, and there are so many tutorials to answer almost any question.

Cons

I have no criticism. I am still learning, but the available tutorials make it a breeze.

Richard B.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Proclaim software for a small church

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

Proclaim has been very good for our church. Now that the need for a live stream has become essential, Proclaim plus OBS has made it relatively painless to have both the speaker and the slides on the screen at the same time.

Pros

I first started using Proclaim because I needed the ability to see my notes along with with slides but yet show just the slides on the screen. PowerPoint will do this but Proclaim has so many more features and the options are continually upgraded. I use Logos from Faithlife for my sermon creation exclusively. the sermon editor in Logos seamlessly transfers my notes and slides directly into Proclaim. Then I just have to tweak the slides as needed. Because it is cloud based, the worship and or song coordinator can put the song slides in separately as their part of the program. This is only the tip of the "iceberg" as far as the options that are available and continue to improve. A big or small church can use this program efficiently for their service. The pricing relative to membership is a big plus for our church.

Cons

The software has come along way since it's beginning. You will need a steady throughput of 3-5 mg or more from your ISP for it to work efficiently. Although, it is possible to present offline. A good share of the bugs that I was having have been worked through by the Faithlife staff. I really have no complaints at present.

Lee S.

Proclaim

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

Preparation for gatherings now so much easier and collaborative.

Pros

Love the functionality and ease in which Proclaim software makes our Worship Presentations. The quality of visual templates is amazing. The help and support available when needed is second to none. We have a number of people contributing on any given worship gathering so Proclaim gives us a great collaborative tool.

Cons

Although there are ways around importing PowerPoint slides, a few more transitional slide features.

Steve A.

Faithlife Proclaim

Reviewed on 2020/12/31

Overall we are quite happy with the software. It has given us the tools to make a polished and professional presentation in less time.

Pros

Proclaim software is easy to install, intuitive, has a well designed gui. In our time of using the software so far it has been practically trouble free. The program is under constant development with new features being added and existing features improved regularly. There is an extensive and flexible set of tools for creating slides and other service items that allows freedom of design. The software comes with a large set of free media for use in presentations that is regularly added to.

Cons

Customer support is sometimes difficult to get in touch with. There is no single location for documentation on using the software like a user manual. It is in bits and pieces and requires a lot of time going through the website, videos and forums to learn the ins and outs of the software. Support relies too heavily on videos for training and support. You have to watch a several minute video (sometimes over and over) to learn what could have been done in a few paragraphs that could be printed if needed.

Response from Faithlife Corporation

Thank you for the feedback, Steve. I'm happy to say that we're working on gathering a manual of sorts for Proclaim, so hopefully you'll find that helpful.

James H.

Proclaim is a great presentation software

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

It’s been one of the best purchases that we’ve made for our church services.

Pros

The ease of use and remote collaboration of Proclaim is very good. On the fly editing and additions are also very easy.

Cons

All the basic features are fairly easy to pick up, but going beyond that can be a bit of a steeper learning curve.

Josh C.

Helping Church Share the Gospel

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

The integration with CCLI has been a huge help in song lyric look up and licensing needs.

Pros

This software is easy to use and maintain. Once you have a template in place, we simply replicate the template and tweak each week swapping out songs and sermons. The ability for multiple team members to edit is a big plus as we use a team to contribute weekly.

Cons

Only thing I can think of is the timing of upgrades...there have been times it decides it needs to update on Sunday morning. Which for a church is the worst time possible. So if they could enable some way to prevent updates on Sunday that would be great!

Fred R.

Administration of Faithlife Proclaim

Reviewed on 2020/12/24

I love the software. It is easy for me to train others on the software. It is easy to make changes on the fly.

Pros

I like the ability to work from home and then synchronize with the final product at church. I like that the software is designed for Church. The ease of making slides saves time compared to making a competitor work. The seamless working with Logos software is helpful.

Cons

Recent upgrades have eliminated most of my concerns. It is confusing at times when 2 or more are using the program at one time.

Igor B.

Just in time

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

It has been an excellent experience. The team still are not fully utilizing the software. They were a little slow to embrace the software. Funny, they are 35 years younger than me.

Pros

It allows us to have seamless services without having to jump around to different software to show videos or other presentations. It allows us access from remote locations - really convenient. I don't have to be at the church to update the files. Finally, it allowed us to have fb live and you live services with relative ease. Our online experience was greatly enriched. We can create a new presentation for a Sunday service in minutes.

Cons

1. How can we better use this remotely. I would love to have off site services have access to this software as well as using it for events that are in the community.
2. Integration with outside media, jpg files is still a little strange. You get this funny checkered background.

Jason S.

Faithlife Proclaim

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

The product enables us to produce a quality worship experience for our members and guests.

Pros

The product is easy to use and multiple users can collaborate via the cloud.

Cons

Initial setup took longer than expected.

Joshua U.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great Church Presentation Software by Great People!

Reviewed on 2020/09/05

Pros

This combines recording, editing, publishing, A/V, slides all in one program which is updating regularly

Cons

You can upload your music but you cannot download it. Also, I wish they made a web based app for it.

Dave H.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Excellent Church Presentation Software

Reviewed on 2021/03/30

The software has enabled us a church team to have access to the presentations and input our own info and means we don't have to keep emailing or meeting to finish a presentation

Pros

The ability for team members to consolidate and update individual presentations. It is multi presentation and location so it can be used at differing meetings at the same time, presenting either the same or differing items. It is relatively easy to learn and the skill needed to just present is minimal. It has the ability to present a very wide range of slides and streams internet content very easil.

Cons

Doesn't always like PowerPoint uploads from a Mac.

Joo J.

No more powerpoint!

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

I can tell you that my ministry can be divided "before Proclaim" and "after Proclaim." Everyone in our church loves this fantastic program.

Pros

Intuitive, easy-to-follow operations, and a tons of beautiful templates! It meets our church's demands so well by providing us fantastic slides, well-rounded movie clips, and proper sounds. Church! please try this one for a better service!

Cons

Third party templates are pricey and only allowed to use them one month.

Jonathan P.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Proclaim is the Go-to software for churches

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

Pros

I love how easy Proclaim is to learn. It's cloud-based and does not limit installs. I streamlines worship scheduling, planning, and building. And it does much of the busy work for you by auto-creating song and Scripture slides, and makes announcements a breeze.

Cons

While you can easily search and duplicate past services, it would be nice to have a more obvious custom template interface. Sometimes making sure everything is synced is a little anxious, but just don't do things last minute, like upload a video on a remote device!

Pat D.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great product and integration with other Faithlife products, too.

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

Pros

The software is easy to learn and to use. It has been a big upgrade from PowerPoint, especially in it's ability to use motion backgrounds for song lyrics. The product also integrates with other Faithlife products like Logos, Faithlife Church Groups, and Faithlife Sites. The ability to record sermons automatically and then publish them directly to our website and created podcasts automatically is a big time saver. And the customer service is top notch. Also since the presentations are in the cloud, it makes it possible for several different people to work on the presentation.

Cons

Since the product is in the cloud, it is dependent on Faithlife's servers and our internet connection but we've rarely experienced problems with either. There is a way to run the presentation without being connected to the internet, but it does take some additional steps.

John S.

Such a time saver

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

Love Faithlife. Proclaim has cut my sermon prep time down by almost 3 hours a week.

Pros

I love that it ties in with Logo's and slides go from my sermon straight to Proclaim. The ability to have your team sign in and update things as well as drawing announcements from your calendar. The ease of how all the products work together. I would purchase on my own if the church would not.

Cons

updates are at times glitchy. The price of technology.

Gene G.

Great software!

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

We absolutely love Proclaim and how seamlessly it integrates withLogos.

Pros

Very dependable and easy to use. Several people are updating it throughout the week and we’ve never had a problem!

Cons

I really can’t think of any down side. Maybe a wider selection of fonts?

Response from Faithlife Corporation

Glad you've enjoyed Proclaim, Gene!

Laraine W.

Proclaim

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

We first purchased last year and had not had the time to train. We dropped it for a little while, but when we had to do virtual church, we gave it a shot. A little rocky at first with Zoom, but we are back live and stream live using YouTube, it is working rather well with very few issues.

Pros

Very easy to begin, implement, train and use.

Cons

When we tried to use it with live and virtual software (Zoom), it did not play nice to do everything we wanted to do.

Robert K.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Proclaim is a very good product

Reviewed on 2020/12/23

Our overall experience has been great. Customer Service is always very helpful and friendly. All of the options work great with the exception of the issue noted above.

Pros

We use Proclaim a few times weekly. It has been a very good product. The integration with Logos is great and works great. The ability to use is very friendly. I love the ability to import backgrounds. The newest features are very good also.

Cons

We have issues with using a Bluetooth device for sound when using Proclaim on the videos.