Showing 65 reviews of 55

Rx30 Pharmacy System

Pharmacy management solution for small to large businesses

Showing 65 reviews of 55
Al S.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

al spitale , majoria drugs metairie, la

Reviewed on 2016/12/01

Majora's has been an hbs customer for many years, we have always had a good working relationship and have always found them to be ready and willing to answer any challenge, and we have had a few over the years.the support team is very responsive to any challenges we have. I would recommend them . special thanks to my reps, my go to people

Pros

good support, friendly people

Frank B.

HBS Software review

Reviewed on 2014/08/20

We have been using HBS for about 5 years and the system has served us well. We have ben using the RxAXIS version. We also purchased the POS register that interfaces with the HBS system. The RxAXIS system will handle all of your day to day processing needs quickly and efficiently. We especially like the coordination of benefits feature that allows us to bill a primary and secondary insurance. Also, the COB feature allows us to process all of the coupon cards from the drug manufacturers. Recently , we started a delivery program to patients in the hospital upon discharge. The hand held device which interfaces with the POS system allow us to deliver at bedside, record signatures, and except payment in real time from all of the major back cards. The support on the POS side as been outstanding! Support for the pharmacy management system has been good also, I would qualify it as 8 out 10. The system is very stable and does not crash!!

The HBS system has a lot of standard reports for monitoring your business but at times I wish that they were a little more flexible. There are times that I want to extract specific information and can't quite find the right report or I am unable to modify the statndard reports to
meet my needs.

There is no perfect system. Overal, I rate the HBS system and it's suport people 9 out of 10.

Mark A.

Great service, very easy to use. No one has more capabilities to drive revenue and adherence...

Reviewed on 2017/08/24

Pros

Adherence and education
Great service, literally live
Great functionality
Very easy to transition to them, training staff was great

Paul I.

RxGeneysis combines dispensing and patient care all in one system!

Reviewed on 2014/09/16

Pros: We use HBS RxGenesys program. It is the only system I know that combines dispensing functions with patient care. The dispensing functions are easy to use and right inside the same chart we can make all of our clinical notes related to patient care including MTM. It meets all the requirements needed for Minnesota Medicaid's MTM requirements. Great for dispensing and with a few tweaks it could be great for patient care. Even saying that there is nothing I have seen on the market that comes even close.

Cons: They need to finish a few features of the system related to reporting a current med list but the free form space for charting allows a work around for now.

Overall: Great dispensing system and more important to me and others who see patient care as the future of pharmacy it provides the ability to document patient care as part of the dispensing system. Customer service is great which took them some time after they acquired the old JasCorp system but they listened and made the necessary changes.

Jathan P.

Customer Service is TERRIBLE

Reviewed on 2019/02/27

NO ONE WILL RETURN A PHONE CALL
NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THE SYSTEM
IT IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE OF ANY SOFTWARE I USE IN MY PHARMACY AND THAT IS SAYING A LOT
MY LICENSE NUMBER IS 106010 IF YOU WANT TO DISPUTE MY REVIEW FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME THAT WOULD BE THE FIRST TIME YOU RETURNED MY CALL

Pros

Easy to use and used to be great until the last year

Cons

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE
it used to be incredible the past year has been TERRIBLE

Peter N.

clunky, not user-friendly, hard to get support

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

I was told that it is a more secure system since it is not a window based, meaning it is less than likely to get hacked or get infected.

Cons

almost everything. Everything takes so many steps. As a user, you have to know where to go, everything is hiding behind the function keys (F1, F2, F4, etc...).

Bill B.

Partnering for Success

Reviewed on 2016/12/09

Picking the right software vendor is critical to the successful growth of an organization. We have been partnered with HBS for over 20 years. HBS has allowed us to offer new programs, advances in technologies, superior customer service and rapid response times for our patients. Partnering with HBS proved very successful over the many years we have worked together.

Robert B.

HBS Genesys... Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2015/11/06

HBS as a company are excellent to work with. Customer service is top notch with any problems. Sales staff are polite and honest!

Ira K.

Great

Reviewed on 2016/04/15

Terrific savings with generics will be helpful

Aaron M.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Fantastic Product with Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/06/15

I am very happy with this software. It does what it needs to do and the customer service is exceptional

Pros

Ease of use and customer service that goes above and beyond. Every issue I ran into was well known by their customer service and was handled quickly and efficiently.

Cons

Occasional glitches after software updates, but that is to be expected with anything.

John B.

Top of the Line Pharmacy Software

Reviewed on 2018/09/18

Rx30 has been a part of my pharmacy for many years and has always been easy to work with. Rx30 always trys to be as convenient as possible for it's customers. Growing with them at their own rate.

Pros

Rx30 turns your average pharmacy system into a customizable portal that allows for personal patient care from a 21st century pharmacy.

Cons

It can take a couple of hours to get in contact with customer service when you have an issue. Customer service is always very helpful when you are able to get a hold of someone though.

Sedly B.

Long time customer

Reviewed on 2016/07/14

I have always had quick and positive feedback from all departments in HBS. If I had a question on charges the credit department call me back within 30 minutes. Hardware was excellent to work with never had a complaint.

Pros

The pharmacy system was the easiest system to use. When I had relief pharmacist said it worked with other systems ours was the easiest pick up.

Cons

I don't really have any cons on the software.

Toby P.

Reporting was the prompt to my call.

Reviewed on 2018/02/02

Pros

Ease of use and detailed functionality. Constant updates and changes to the software means not getting left behind in the industry.

Cons

Some updates are not "necessary". This translates to additional key strokes and slower processing times.

Brian S.

Its simple..... THE BEST

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

With this software, you have absolute control operation with all the interfaces, which allows you to not have to make other investments, easy handling....... THE BEST

Pros

control operation and constant updates.

Cons

really like all.

Christine A.

Transaction Data Systems (Rx30) Pharmacy Software

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

While under warranty my server went down. It took the entire day with no software to get up and running on an alternate computer in the pharmacy. That was only after waiting 45 minutes on hold to get support. Instead of sending me another server the staff sent 3 different Dell technicians out that were unable to fix my server. Only then, at my request, did they agree to have my server shipped to them while I got a loaner. After 3 months I received my server back still broken. After shutting the pharmacy down 3 times for over an hour they sent a Dell technician that confirmed the hard drive was not installed. Rx30 tells me it was working when it left the facility and that the "hard drive must have come out during shipping". My request for a discount on support was ignored. This occurred in November and was not fixed until March. Now I am operating on an old version because the one I was using when the software went down would not work. To say they have no appreciation for their customers is an understatement. The staff at Rx30 will not make any adjustments on their end but have no problem leaving you unoperable with no pharmacy software. I will definitely not purchase Rx30 again and highly recommend buying a different pharmacy software.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that I have grown accustom to using the program.

Cons

The customer support is horrible. Initially, just trying to get someone on the phone is next to impossible. The fees are outrageous for support and transmission. The Rx30 team does not treat you as a valued customer. The support that you pay an extreme amount for is fair at best.

Nirmal K.

Rx30 is NOT RECOMMENDED to anyone that worked on windows system. System/Service/people is...

Reviewed on 2018/01/12

NO BENEFITS AT ALL. WE wasted a lot of time on training, lot of time on the phone trying to solve issues/problems with the help desk. They dont call back many times. The same problems come up on a weekly basis. I have a computer technician degree and this system is not designed good. too many commands, too many buttons to push to get something done. NOT RECOMMENDED. SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE.

Most systems have something positive, but so far, I have not able to come up with anything. I am a technician and I work with system for 3 months. System very hard to learn. all Commands are in many different places, and this causes me to spend lot of time inputting, filling, rebilling, or inputting patient demographics. Nothing to like about the software and whenever i speak with their help desk about issue, they say that its user error and training issue. They don't admit that the system has many flaws. One of their employee come onsite to train and even she said the system has many issues and she can't get them to fix it. She dont have any answers to some questions because she know the system does work well. BY BOSS IS SO FED UP WITH THESE GUYS, HE IS CHANGING TO PIONEERRX ONLY AFTER 3 MONTHS . I BEEN TRAINING ON PIONEERRX AND THAAT SYSTEM SEEMS EASY AND USER FRIENDLY. Rx30 Is NOT USER FRIENDLY AND EVEN THE HELP DESK IS NOT CLIENT FRIENDLY.

Cons

-There is a long list of stuff not to like. My experience as a tech working with Rx30 has been frustrating and Time consuming to say the least. Every day I have to call Rx30 with several issues and each time they generate a ticket on which they suppose to call. Half of the time, they don't call back to help. I don't know if they ignore us because the owner piss them off or they don't care about their customers. To list some off the issues.
1) Every time we RTS medications from will-call thru workflow, atleast few medications get stuck in the system every time. WE call to get it fixed each time and it happens again next time (time wasted)
2) Sometimes when we put prescriptions ON HOLD and we go process them later in the future, something is always missing on the prescription (either the sig, or the original image, or origin code. (again this results in wasted time)
3) Sometimes when i bill a secondary insurance for split-bill, this system does not recognise it on refill and you have to manually double bill. Other systems i worked on do not require that.
4) For cash prescritions, they have to be actually REVERSED for some reason. This not make sense. Why we have to Reverse a Cash Claim. It will not let me change the prescription info..
5) WHen adding doctors or new drug, sometimes the system lets you add the doctor/drug from the inputting screen, sometimes you have to go to a totally different screen to carry out that function. (again time wasted)
6) SYSTEM not good.

Adam M.

Great Customizable System

Reviewed on 2010/07/26

I would recommend any pharmacy looking at a host system to give HBS a try. The key strokes are minimal and customizable at that. As business grows or changes it seems that HBS has a solution ready to make the sytem work better on an individual basis.

Pros

I have been very pleased with the HBS system. It seems that no matter what problem I give to support they find a way to make it happen. I have had many things customized to fit the needs of my stores, and HBS has come through with those request. The windows based system is easy to navigate and also has interfaces with just about every type of robotic or work flow system available to date.

Cons

I really haven't found many. Like any computer product things will come up that take time to fix, but nothing really sticks out at this time. We operate some high volume retail stores off of one server and have not experienced any downtime due to server issues.

RX30 is very difficult to use until you memorize the many different menus and sub menus.

Reviewed on 2018/04/23

Pros

It is fast at processing information and scripts. It is also very fast at reporting. The company is proactive in adding new capabilities.

Cons

Very menu driven and difficult for a new user to learn. Reporting is difficult. Customer service is slow to respond. Sometimes, takes a day to hear back.

Timothy S.

Terrible system

Reviewed on 2016/06/09

I worked at an independent pharmacy and managed the LTC department. When we switched from PharmaServ to RX30 there were many promises made that were not fulfilled. For instance, they marketed the software of having the capability to set "refills too soon" to process at a date when it was fillable and "virtual pharmacist" would automatically process. After acquiring the system, we were trying to utilize this feature and the support team said it was impossible to do this. You could set the RX to process at a later date, but you would still have to physically process it.

The system itself is VERY keystroke heavy. It is LINUX based, so report generating and tracking is very difficult to anyone who was raised in the 21st century. Building compounds and billing was also very labor intensive.

Customer support was subpar. They were very responsive when they were courting us to make the switch. Once it happened, whenever I needed a change made in the LTC module, I would never get a call back.

Richard B.

HBS and Pharmacy

Reviewed on 2017/01/04

HBS has been the technology company to partner with to run a successful pharmacy. I would have to say that considering their superior level of performance, expertise, and availability they are a tremendous value. A company that offers SOLUTIONS, not more grief to deal with to maintain the business. It's as if they invented the wheel--DONE!

Ray S.

Great pharmacy software

Reviewed on 2016/02/03

Just completed our upgrade to their newest version.....everything went smoothly and all our data was transferred to the new system....3 hours start-to-finish! I would highly recommend this product...we have been with them 20+ years and have had great customer support every time we call.

Dianne S.

We have been with HBS for a very long time.

Reviewed on 2015/11/03

Most of the time we have really excellent people to work with. Ocassionally you get someone new on the phone and you know they are new because they keep putting you on hold to talk to someone else. Overall we have really good service.

William J.

Great company Great customer service`

Reviewed on 2015/08/14

I was an BSI customer when HBS took over the helm. Had questions and reservations. They were all settled from the beginning.
Thanks