Humble Dot

Team communication and collaboration platform

4,7
Katrina W.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Amazing tool for teams!

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

Humble dot is a game changer for teams, especially distributed teams. I work remotely and it allows me to keep up-to-date with my team members, especially those I don't talk to every day, in less than 5 minutes a week. We use it to not only for weekly updates, but to also give feedback and build relationships, with questions like "What was your favourite toy growing up?" and "How can we work better as a team" These questions help people build relationships and makes me feel like I know everyone on my team better now, which helps you relate to them as people. It gives everyone an equal opportunity to talk, and makes updates so much more time effective for everyone involved.

Pros

I was recently introduced to Humble Dot and fell in love with it instantly. It's an amazing way to keep teams and managers up-to-date with what everyone is working on. I wish I'd known about this in my last role as I think this would have been a game changer for them. Instead of spending hours in boring team meetings each week where everyone just repeats the same thing, Humble dot allows teams to keep in touch, be across what everyone is doing, and build relationships with team members in less than 5 minutes a week. From a management point of view, it allows you to easily keep track of how the team is going and what everyone is working on, and I love that you can have both public and private questions for everyone. You can also keep track of everyones past responses too which is nice! You can comment and give kudos which is great at encouraging people and giving feedback or having discussions. And there is also a slack integration which is nice. Huge fan and I'm recommending Humble Dot to every tech company I know.

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like yet. If you don't customise the questions each week, it could get a bit repetitive perhaps, but we start with a different question each week that makes it interesting and I look forward to it each week.

Eduardo B.
Industry: Hospitality

Great teambuilding

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

I love the easiness of use and how interactive it was

Pros

This is a great way to connect remote teams and get conversations started. This also helped me and my team hold each other accountable.

Cons

Sometimes it can be repetitive and offer the same questions and suggestions.

Response from Humble Labs

Hi Eduardo! Thanks for leaving us a positive review of Humble Dot! Your feedback is noted!

Ricardo S.

Humble Dot, easy / funny and helpful

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Pros

Funny and easy to use. Great for home-office teams

Cons

Too simple, it could have more features to make things more entertaining

Response from Humble Labs

Hi Ricardo! Thanks for reviewing and using Humble Dot! We appreciate feedback on our product, especially when it means adding features you think would make Humble Dot fun and more entertaining. If you have specific suggestions, feel free to message us on Intercom on our website! Thank you!

Amanda P.

Humble Dot - LÜK Network

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

It keeps communication ongoing. That can be hard especially again since our team is mostly remote.

Pros

I love that there are questions and answers the whole company can see, especially with our company where we all work mostly remote. It allows us to still keep up withe everyone else and see where they’re at. The hidden questions that only our CEO can see are really cool too since they’re usually more robust and it helps him figure out bigger picture ideas for the company.

Cons

Instead of seeing “previous” comments for our companies Monday vs Friday goals that it reminded you of what you wrote on Monday. My days are really busy so sometimes it’s hard to even remember what my goal this week was vs last.

Lais nami S.

Team Integration: Check!

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Pros

Humble Dot works as a great way for our team to sync on our weekly activities and create an environment to know a little bit more about each team member

Cons

The dropdown list on the mentions are so below

Response from Humble Labs

Hi Lais Nami! Thanks for using Humble Dot and leaving us a review! Thank you for your feedback and I've noted this down for our product team!

Alex B.

Pretty nice

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Pros

It lets me store information I want to talk with my supervisor about for our one on one meetings so I do not forget as things go along, and the public questions have been good team bonding

Cons

The interface has been sometimes a little difficult to navigate when not jumping into a form from an email

Carla H.
Industry: Biotechnology

Great software!

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

Our team loved it- allows us to get to know each other on a personal basis but also is a great way of knowing what everyone is working on and in charge of.

Pros

Allows our team to stay connected and track progress from week to week.

Cons

It would sometimes repeat questions. Would be nice to have a variety.

Enrico J.
Industry: E-Learning

Best way to automate team questions

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

Pros

The ease of use and slack integration to be able to get an automated question sent to me daily and respond with my answer.

Cons

No cons at the moment. I haven’t come across any issues since first use

Response from Humble Labs

Hi Enrico! Thanks so much for leaving a review of Humble Dot!

Nicole S.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

Awesome to connect with coworkers

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

It has been great and it is a part of the week that I look forward to.

Pros

Every week I write a little bit more about myself and get to know more about my colleagues. These little things make us bond and connect in ways we wouldn’t normally do.

Cons

It’s a bit hard to log in and end up and that specific week, other than that, no complains.

Response from Humble Labs

Hi Nicole! Thanks for using Humble Dot and for leaving is a review! I'm glad that our product is helping you and your team bond! If you can elaborate more on what is making it difficult to log in, let us know by messaging us directly on our website using the Intercom button on the bottom right-hand side. We'd love more feedback! Thank you!

Sergio M.
Industry: Biotechnology

Great Humble dot

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

i think it is very easy to use and quick to get answers

Pros

it really helps to facilitate communication among members

Cons

honestly , i don't consider nothing wrong with the software

Archana S.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Review capterra

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Pros

I like that it is able to track status from more than a week

Cons

There is nothing that I don’t like about the software. I wish it could track jira tickets .

Sarina M.

Overall good

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Normal usage on a weekly basis

Pros

The Use Case behind it. It connects company members on a different level.

Cons

Sometimes it is just annoying if you are busy. But you could just do a monthly report instead, so not a reals con.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Katlyn M.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Humble Dot makes transparency and weekly checkins a breeze

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

Pros

Humble Dot makes it easy to create transparency throughout the team. We use it for full team check-ins at the beginning and end of the week. The culture questions are engaging and help facilitate vulnerability.

Cons

Not always the most intuitive. Seems like the new streak tracking feature is off.

Morgan S.

HumbleDot helps me have more meaningful 1:1s

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

I have better 1:1 meetings with my manager and have a better idea of how I've been feeling and what I've been working on over time. I've been trying to keep a better journal of this sort of thing for years, and thanks to HumbleDot I'm finally doing it.

Pros

I look forward to writing my checkin each day. It's really helpful to look back over what happened during the day and then compare with my past checkins. Then, when I have 1:1 meetings with my manager, I have a nice list of specific things that happened since the last time we talked and its easy to have productive conversations.

Cons

If you just log in and aren't in the middle of writing a checkin, it's hard to see previous checkins. Also, my team prefers to keep our checkins private, and so there is a lot of wasted space where I can see where my peer's checkins would show, if they weren't private. I also don't understand the name.

Response from Humble Labs

Hi Morgan! Thanks for using and reviewing Humble Dot! We love that our product is helping make your 1:1s more productive and that it's helping you keep track of your progress! Thanks for the feedback around seeing previous check-ins. Depend on the team, I see your feedback around the blank space answers from your teammates would normally go. Maybe, it could be a suggestion to open up some questions (as appropriate) to be a team check-in? Last, the story of our name, Humble Dot, is best described at the following link: (http://www.planetary.org/explore/space-topics/earth/pale-blue-dot.html). Our name refers to the Pale Blue Dot by Carl Sagan.

Sean Y.

Fairly convenient

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

Pros

It’s simple and quick to fill out. It alerts you via slack and email.

Cons

I could be wrong but no SCIM support for auto provisioning. It would be nice to have email alerts and if you haven’t done it send a slack reminder.

Response from Humble Labs

Hi Sean! Thanks for reviewing us and for using Humble Dot! Currently, we only offer Google SSO! If you have specific questions, please feel free to message us on Intercom on our website! Thank you!

Brian C.
Industry: Computer Software

A neat way to do team check-ins

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Pros

It is much better than the two weekly status meetings it replaced! The format is fun and the non-work questions generate interesting dialogue.

Cons

I wish you could post your own picture. Can't seem to do this. Some more text formatting features would be nice too. Considering it's all about expressing yourself, the formatting palette can seem a little lacking.

Nicole C.

A Complete Team Experience

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Pros

It's a good way to organize my week and also to get to know my teammates.

Cons

I wish we could have a better visualization of the answers, the current dashboard can be too long if the team is big.

Response from Humble Labs

Hi Nicole! Your feedback is noted for our product team! Thank you for using Humble Dot and for leaving us a review!

Natasha A.
Industry: Retail

Humble Dot Bridges The Gaps

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

It is very simple to use and helps you get to know your team mates a lot better, this is important in remote work.

Pros

I like that you can add gifs as a way of expression, it's pretty fun!

Cons

Not being able to add pictures or files to the questions we answer.

Juan M.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Engineering Manager

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

Pros

I liked how you can check in without meetings.

Cons

It could be more in depth for teams, specific to any team.

Response from Humble Labs

Hi Juan! Thank you for leaving us a review!

Isabelle W.
Industry: Computer Software

Get to know your coworkers personally!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/09/16

By asking fun and interactive questions, HumbleDot offers teams the opportunity to get to know each other.

Pros

Humbledot is a great and fun way to share information with your teammates. Other than just letting everyone know what are your priorities for the week, it promotes engagement at a personal level!

Cons

I can't think of anything specific. The usability is great.

Response from Humble Labs

Hi Isabelle! Thanks for using Humble Dot and taking the time to review us on Capterra! We appreciate the positive feedback!

Sotaro S.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Simple for users!

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Our previous manager is currently on paternity leave, so our current manager is covering two teams, making him (understandably) extremely busy. As such, he is usually unable to communicate with us directly, so we effectively have a remote manager experience. Humble Dot has made the transition much easier, since our new manager has a central location to find or documented testimonies! I think our previous manager enjoyed it too, so we’re probably going to continue using it after he’s back from paternity leave as well. It’s useful!

Pros

As an end user, I enjoy the mix of casual questions and job-related questions which allows for team bonding and surfacing concerns at the same time.

Cons

There could be a wider pool of cultural questions (I’ve seen repeated questions on a few occasions in <6 months), and the team manager needs to be active in reading, responding, and creating/modifying private questions if he or she wants the team to remain engaged with the tool, as team members generally have the option to engage in conversation outside of the platform, using whatever messaging tools that are available to them. In that sense, a badly maintained Humble Dot is a bother for end users.

Carolina G.

My Weekly Humble Dot

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/09/17

I love Humble Dot weekly!

Pros

What I like the most about Humble Dot are the random questions that bring the team together and make it possible for us to get to know each other better even with physical distance.

Cons

I think would be good to have a few multiple options questions and then some charts to understand the team.

Response from Humble Labs

Hi Carolina! Thanks for your positive review of Humble Dot! We love that your team is closer because of the fun and random social questions. Thank you for the feedback--this has been noted for our product team!

Lexus R.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

LOVE already and it’s only been a week and a half

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

So far so good- Shout out to the rep for all the help and push to get this going for our team.

Pros

Truely brings the team together and opens your eyes to things that are going wrong when you did not know or things that could be fixed for better all work environment and functionality.

Gives staff a voice which in our situation most employees struggled to be heard.

Great source of communication and it’s fun as well!

Cons

I wouldn’t say I dislike anything as of right now but if you guys had an app it would be amazing.

I juggle two emails and there’s no way I could have notifications turned on so in my experience this last week. I don’t get a notification as I would on an app when our check ins are live so not that I dislike it but I wish I could get a reminder to pop up on an app verses my email.

Response from Humble Labs

We love that you're loving Humble Dot! An app is far on our road map, but maybe one day! Your feedback is definitely noted! We're happy to see our product is helping your team and giving voice to employees!

Scott W.
Industry: Design

Great product

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

We use this software for our teams weekly goals. It saves us time and super simple to setup and use

Pros

Love ease of use. Also you don’t need to remember your login details when you come from an email reminder link

Cons

Haven’t run into an issue yet, we just use the basics on a weekly basis

Response from Humble Labs

Hi Scott! Thanks so much for using Humble Dot and taking the time to review us! We're glad that we're easy to use! If you have any further questions or feedback, feel free to message us on our website at any time using Intercom.

Val S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Really Useful for

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Pros

Using this as a team prompts us to take the time to step back from the weeds of our work, set intentions going forward at the beginning of the week, reflect on the big wins, accomplishments, and learnings, and share those in a way that doesn't take a lot of time to share with others. We use the kudis and commenting quite a bit.

Cons

Nothing. It is a simple tool for a single purpose, and it works!