MobileCause

Online event and fundraising management for nonprofits

4,4
Matthew H.
Industry: Religious Institutions

MobileCause puts YOU first

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

MobileCause became a component of our growth. Organizationally, we see MobileCause keywords now as hallmarks for our own milestones and achievements. Because MobileCause made funds processing and reporting so easy, we have been able to focus our energy and effort on building partner support rather than bogging down in administrative tasks. I can't recommend MobileCause highly enough.

Pros

The SERVICE. All the features are great. The forms and reports are easy to use. They are highly customizable so you can run multiple campaigns as well as maintain branding standards. But, by far, the best thing about MobileCause is their service. Whether you call or email - you reach a person AND that person helps get you an answer and resolution.

Cons

I would like to have an option for users to administer their own monthly gifts via a login process - a feature that is currently in development.

Mariah M.

MC review

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/10/08

It has been great for our main fundraiser event - love the ease of capturing donations via credit card, as prior to it was all manual entry. Also love being able to communicate to donors via text and giving us more options.

Pros

Easy for registering guests for events, love the thermometer and interactive possibilities; texting to donate is a new option for our donors

Cons

I still seem to have a hard time finding where to make alterations to certain details on the backend, like where to change a fulfillment response, or remove a donation, etc. I also wish they would change the thermometer details where someone's name automatically shows up if they haven't entered other details - the system remembers their number and associates the name, but some people want to be anonymous on the thermometer, so i wish it would default to no details being shown. I also am disappointed with the large jump in pricing from Yr 1 to Yr 2, but trust that it won't happen again beyond this initial increase or it might be come hard to justify.

Janice F.

Disappointed with Ease of Use

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/10/11

I would not recommend this platform to small organizations that rely on volunteer support at the special events. The system is not intuitive to quickly train a volunteer. There are also too many levels to set up the system for a small organization with limited staff to dedicate their time to navigating the platform. The videos, and support provided by Mobile Cause were helpful during the set-up process, but could not help during the day of event issues that we encountered, thus causing our guests, volunteers, and staff much stress and disappointment.

Pros

Our organization selected Mobile Cause as donation platform based on the text to donate features demonstrated from our Sales Representative. For the most part, this feature works well when a donor has full understanding of their personal smart phone and texting features.

Cons

As a small non-profit, we had hopes that Mobile Cause would be a streamline platform that would allow us to capture donations without having to have a registration/auction service to process payments, manage registration, etc. If I had not had the excellent support of rep from the Mobile Cause Support Team, I would have been able to set up our event or manage all the day of issues we encountered with Text to Donate, ticketing, and payment. The issues we encountered are too many to list in this review. I have attempted to rectify our concerns with the Mobile Cause management with no success. We lost money due to the glitches in the system that have not been addresses to date.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Heather W.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great platform for raising online donations!

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

We were in desperate need of a mobile-optimized giving platform, as our data showed that over 80% of our website users were coming to us on a mobile device. We looked at a few other options, but MobileCause by far had the best customer service, and the most affordable pricing options. We have been quite happy with the results over the last 5+ years of working with them.

Pros

This is a fairly easy to use product that allows you to create an unlimited number of highly customized online donation forms that you can use to raise one-off and recurring gifts from individuals and through crowdfunding. You can also manage your events and volunteers. Security and functionality has been excellent. Reporting is highly detailed and customizable, and the pricing options for nonprofits are quite generous and affordable.

Cons

Building and editing the forms does take a little getting used to at first, as does navigating the administrative controls. Some parts were not intuitive but that could just be me. Once you get used to the system, it is usually very easy to figure out how to achieve your tasks.

Jodi G.

Great for Crowd Funding

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

It provides important tools that we need.

Pros

The platform provides crowd-funding, credit card processing, and custom forms. Very useful for every event we have.

Cons

There are ways I'd like to be able to customize receipts and crowdfunding messaging, but the system doesn't allow for that. Pulling reports is a hassle. I wish it would seamlessly integrate with QuickBooks so I don't have to enter that data into QuickBooks.

Brynn B.

Best purchase ever

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

I implemented this at my previous employer and then immediately did so when I assumed a new role in a different non-profit. I cannot recommend this enough!!

Pros

It is so easy to use - even I can set up a new activity within 10 minutes that looks like a pro did it! We love being able to have different keywords so that we can better track appeals, audiences, etc!

Cons

I love everything about MobileCause! There's nothing I don't like!

Chad G.

HFF MobileCause review

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

Great customer service and product

Pros

I like the ease of use. and user-friendliness for those fundraising for HFF

Cons

I think the text message input area could be improved. It seems too difficult to add extra info outside their name and cell phone.

Astrid T.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great Fundraising Software and Support!

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Fundraising and alumni engagement.

Pros

I love the fact that MobileCause provides a wealth of information regarding fundraising ideas for various entities and customer service is excellent!

Cons

Being that we're located in the US Virgin Islands, we are unable to use the PayPal feature and also access the MobileCause app.

Gaby D.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Love their customer service!

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Pros

I love that customer support is VERY quick to answer all of my questions.

Cons

I don't like how items aren't as easy to use in comparison to our previous donation's platform. However, We have only been using this software for about 3 months, so I'm sure I just need to use this platform a bit more in order to get accustomed of the functionalities.

Vanessa P.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great, easy to use software

Reviewed on 2020/08/06

With an outdated website and web donation forms that didn't work well for us, MobileCause greatly improved our ability to offer donors an easy-to-use interface. The addition of text-to-give was a bonus that more people are choosing to use. We needed it to be up and running in a short amount of time due to a campaign that was starting and their service was extremely helpful in making that happen.

Pros

MobileCause is highly customizable, allowing the user to choose new photographs, text, donation amounts, and sections for every campaign and sub-campaign. The customization is easy to manage. The options for types of campaign make it extremely flexible depending on the need---text to give, peer-to-peer, events. The option to embed forms on a website is great and we will take advantage of this when our web software is upgraded. For now we use a direct link to the form and it is beautiful. Reporting is clear and also customizable for what we need in our reports.

Cons

The recurring donations options is great to have on donation forms, but MobileCause only allows for a maximum of one year of donations, rather than on-going. It also does not allow for changes to be made on the back end of recurring donations. If someone wants to increase their monthly giving, their current monthly donation has to be canceled and a new one initiated.

Sharon C.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

My likes and dislikes of MobileCause

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Overall, I'd say that MobileCause really needs to step up the "stewardship" aspect of the platform. It is great for fundraisers to sign up and use to communicate with their family and friends.

But once a donor gives, I'd say the experience is lacking, and has required a lot of work on our end to figure out things that should be standard for a smooth donor experience.

Pros

MobileCause is great for the user experience with crowdfunding. Our college students love working with the platform and have exceeded their past mail-based fundraising campaign totals.

Setting up campaigns and activities is also pretty straightforward and simple.

Cons

Figuring out how to best structure campaigns is difficult and was not clearly articulated in the onboarding process.

There is not option to have different activity receipts go to different administrators. You can choose to have all receipts go to one extra admin email, otherwise you don't see what the donor/registrant receives.

Receipts also don't list out all a donor's choices on a giving form. You need to add variable fields to the email to help accomplish this. However, if you ever change your form (rename a field, add or remove fields) donors set on recurring gifts no longer have receipts that show their information.

There also isn't clear communication about upcoming recurring gifts for donors who sign up through an online form, rather than on their phone.

Industry: Individual & Family Services

A great start and very personal support for small nonprofit

Reviewed on 2018/12/15

Overall, the experience has been quite positive. I appreciate how easy it is to make campaigns and keywords for specific activities. I wish I knew at the beginning what I know now because our dashboard would be cleaner, but it is still much more functional than what we had before.

Pros

I love the pricing structure for Mobile Cause compared to others that have hidden fees and only get more and more expensive as the organization and donor foundation grows. I also really appreciate the customer service...very quick and very personal. I don't feel like a number, and I also feel like they listen to feedback and develop products and improvements accordingly.

Cons

The learning curve was steep when we first began with Mobile Cause. Now that I understand it, I can do lots of different things, but it's difficult to delegate to others because it's not always intuitive. The ease of use has improved over time, though. I'm also thankful for the integration and development they're working on with regards to reports and use of forms for different activities.

We have donors in another country that is not supported by Mobile Cause now, so that remains a hurdle we have to fix.

Steve M.
Industry: Supermarkets
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Inexpensive software and excellent support

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Excellent training and support ....easy to budget for year to year. No surprises or “gotta” moments.
The lack if a sales team is refreshing.

Pros

The open features and ability to manage the functionality

Cons

When we need help with overall strategy or direction - the Support team is limited to tactical help for cause related concerns...but unable to help grasp the big picture of how MobileCause can you improve our giving and mission

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Emily K.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great for managing donations

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

I really like using MobileCause to manage our donations, not so much for registration or ticketing features but more so for donations. There are options for one-time or recurring gifts. The customized reports are nice, and MobileCause offers webinars to help you understand how to use their features or offer tips for big fundraising events.

Pros

Over the years they have updated their tools including more customization/personalization on their donation forms and communications. You can also select what to include in the reports for donations and record donations into campaigns depending on where you get or how you use donations. I also love the texting feature.

Cons

It's a little difficult and takes time to navigate the website to use its tools. You have to get familiar with where to access a certain text code or editing a certain form.

Response from MobileCause

Hi Emily. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on MobileCause. We really appreciate and value your input. Regarding your comments on ticketing and registration features, have you been using our new and improved Ticketing, Registration and Guest Check-in functionality? If you have not, we encourage you to take a look, we believe you will find it more useful and easier to use than our previous feature. It is very dynamic, provides lots of options, and is extremely easy to use. Just a few clicks and you will have a beautiful, personalized ticketing form available. Once you do work with it, please let us know your thoughts, we'd love to hear them!

Candice W.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Memorial Medical Center Foundation

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

MobileCause has been a Godsend for our organization since we began using it in 2018 for all of our campaigns. Our donors appreciate the ease and straightforwardness of our donation forms, and we in turn appreciate the incredible array of engagement tactics and services the platform offers that has played a huge role in the success we've had in some of our campaigns and events.

Pros

I like the unlimited campaign forms we can create and ability to customize each to fit our appeal message, including the awesome text-to-donate option.

Cons

I wish there was a way to download reports and see all donor activity and history, by donor name, in one report (perhaps that is possible and I am just not aware?).

Daryl R.

Walk-a-thon

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

In the end, the software worked well.. no real glitches. The support team and my Customer Success Manager listened to me and was able to create exactly what I needed. I only wish there was a little more flexability in the terminolgy on the actual pages. Not all users understand fundraising lingo, some of which is not changable in the design.

Pros

I worked with a Customer Success Manager to design my pages for our annual walk-a-thon. I wanted to improve our site to be simplier for the user to navigate. She listened to me and designed a site which included everything I asked for resulting in a simplier, easier way for my walk participates to sign-up, join a team and fundraise.

Cons

As someone who has little time and patience for designing pages, I found navitgating this part too time consuming for me. I ended up paying for someone at Mobile Cause to design.

Demphna K.

Director of Development

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

While we truly enjoy the functionality of the product, we would like to have additional support with the onboarding process and continued tech support.

Pros

Mobile Cause is great at integration with our database. When a donor gives through our website, Mobile Cause immediately adds that info to our database--takes a step out of our data input process, saving time and money.

Cons

It is VERY difficult to get assistance. When we have an issue, they are not easy to work with to resolve. Additionally, they do not issue invoices or receipts for charges causing problems for our auditors.

Response from MobileCause

Thank you, Demphna, for taking the time to provide your feedback on MobileCause. We are happy to hear you are pleased with the functionality of our fundraising software. We are disheartened to hear you found getting support from our Customer Success team difficult. We pride ourselves on our commitment to customer support. We will be reaching out to you to learn more about your experience so we can ensure your experience isn't replicated. Please know your experience with MobileCause support is the exception and we hope you give us another opportunity to demonstrate to you the typical high standards our customers receive.

Lisa F.

MobileCause Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

I could not be happier with MobileCause. From the support team, to my account manager, to the digital specialist, they are so responsive and quick. I would recommend them to everyone looking for professional-looking and adaptive forms that are easy to use.

Pros

I like how it is constantly adapting to the needs of those of us that use it. With every update, it is becoming more dynamic, more user-friendly, and more flexible.

Cons

On our Giving Day, I wanted to make it as easy as possible for people to give to the area they wanted to without necessarily having to scroll through all of the teams. This resulted in my changing the pledges/keywords for every gift that came in to ensure that the designation was correct. Would love (and this is me just being selfish) that there was a way that the funds would go to the "buckets/teams" automatically. Again, looking at ease-of-use for the donor.

Allyyssa K.

Gift Intake Manager

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Overall, I have been using MobileCause for a couple of years and it has been a good time. I enjoy being able to customize our giving page, setting up campaigns for various events, and the growth. I would suggest Mobile Cause to various companies that fundraise.

Pros

The ability to customize the giving page for our donors and monitoring the analytics. In addition, Mobile Cause is a fun software to use for fundraising, from its text to donate to its reoccurring donations features.

Cons

The least feature that I like about the Mobile Cause software is the interaction for the donors. I suggest allowing the donor to make a profile on the website, allowing them to have some involvement on the website.

Mikko S.

Easy to Customize Donation Forms

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

MobileCause allowed us to customize our giving forms to a greater degree than with any other platform and to only get that piece of software we wanted without the unnecessary expense of buying other CRM type components we already had and were happy with. If you just want a product to take care of one aspect of your operation and not change other systems MobileCause is a great choice and at a competitive price point.

Pros

The ability to really customize each form is fantastic.

Cons

The output of reports needs to be improved as old data and new data can get mixed together so you have to double check and cross check information.

Jeanine M.

What we needed during COVID

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

This is perfect for digital fundraising. We started with nothing and this has ramp up our giving. We went with the basic package for our first year. Maybe we will add the peer to peer and crowdfunding next!

Pros

This was our first foray into digital fundraising and we chose MobileCause before COVID. We couldn't have moved forward after the shutdown without it. The event page looks great and the text to donate or buy a raffle ticket, etc., is awesome.

Cons

Because we operate with all volunteers and no paid staff, it took us a little longer to get up and running, but their support staff is very helpful. There are so many different options with MobileCause, it can take a bit to wrap your mind around what you need or want. We aren't as impressed with the auction software company integration.

Pam B.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Creative Help - Good Return on Our Investment

Reviewed on 2020/08/08

I have learned a lot about marketing and now I feel competent to create the donation forms using MobileCause templates.
We are a small organization. Prior to using Mobile Cause we had no online donors. Now we have a dozen monthly donors giving online. Our banquet earned more, almost double, than our previous banquets.
The program has paid for itself and brought us more income than we have received in our past efforts.
The customer service is outstanding - patient, knowledgeable, always quick to respond to questions.
The training and learning centers are really excellent, and if you don't get it, just email and they help you.

Pros

Ease of use; various ways to communicate; reporting and tracking donations. Customer support is outstanding! Lots of training videos, screen shots, PDF documents - so many ways to learn.

Cons

The email templates in the program (for me) seemed a little difficult to use so I do the emails through Constant Contact, the platform that is supported by MobileCause.
I'm not sure how to access/track offline donations I have entered.

Kristine P.
Industry: Fund-Raising

Useful Program With Various Benefits

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Overall, I recommend this software. It is aesthetically pleasing, customize-able enough to make it feel your own, and the forms have some great features (like calculations, drop down menus, and giving the donor the option to pay the service fee. Whenever I was massively confused or had complicated questions, the staff was always there to either walk me through it or completely resolve the issue for me. Big thank you to our account manager,

Pros

I like the ability to run multiple campaigns with multiple forms at the same time. I like the various functions available within forms. I love the customer service.

Cons

The crowdfunding function is still very confusing, both as the administrator and for users. There are some limitations on what information is made available to each group that has caused some disappointment. I have taken all four training courses and there are still some things that I have learned through trial and error or from just clicking around and getting a spark of clarity.

David clark M.

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Great people. Great product.

Pros

I think it is easy to use. The developers listen to suggestions about features and are obviously customer driven. The customer service responses are polite, prompt and get me the information I need to move forward. I often get responses from the same people call after call, and that helps me know I can trust MobileCause. I also like the new visualized monthly breakdowns.

Cons

Some of the customer information can't be edited without the help of customer support which is hard when a client updates their contact information.

Marc B.

I would recommend MobileCause

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

MobileCause has allowed us to reach donors where they are. Writing checks is no longer a barrier to giving. Recurring giving is very easy. In the last five years, the platform has been ever-evolving, always improving releasing the latest features to stay ahead of the competition. Customer service is very responsive and open to suggestions. Forms are intuitive and very easy to customize for any purpose.

Pros

Very easy to use, intuitive, responsive customer service

Cons

For recurring gifts, donors are notified when credit cards expire, but the admin for the nonprofit is not notified until after the fact. Would be helpful for nonprofit to know earlier.