MobileCause

Online and event fundraising software for nonprofits

Kristine P.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Useful Program With Various Benefits

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Overall, I recommend this software. It is aesthetically pleasing, customize-able enough to make it feel your own, and the forms have some great features (like calculations, drop down menus, and giving the donor the option to pay the service fee. Whenever I was massively confused or had complicated questions, the staff was always there to either walk me through it or completely resolve the issue for me. Big thank you to our account manager,

Pros

I like the ability to run multiple campaigns with multiple forms at the same time. I like the various functions available within forms. I love the customer service.

Cons

The crowdfunding function is still very confusing, both as the administrator and for users. There are some limitations on what information is made available to each group that has caused some disappointment. I have taken all four training courses and there are still some things that I have learned through trial and error or from just clicking around and getting a spark of clarity.

Julia F.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

A good tool in your belt

Reviewed on 2018/12/28

Overall, the MobileCause features help to keep our donors engaged and look nice on our website and at events. It’s a nice tool to have in our development aresenal.

Pros

The customer support has been excellent, they are willing to help problem solve and discuss our issues, even if there is not yet a solution.

Cons

MobileCause still doesn’t fit all of our needs, as far as capturing registration information in an easily reportable manner, and the customizations are a little too difficult for most staff to manage.

Chanel d. N.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Easy to set up, easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

It allows us to reach donors we wouldn't ordinarily reach by allowing users to be fundraisers and spread the word (or campaign) to their networks.

Their customer service is always fast, friendly, and very helpful.

Pros

Ease of use. You can create attractive looking campaign pages quickly and easily. It's also easy for users to donate AND to invite their friends to support as well. Great for crowdfunding. Easy to share on social media.

Cons

None at this time. I wish the software talked directly to our database but although it doesn't it utilizes Authorize.net as the processor which is our normal processor so it's still convenient.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Best product for the cost

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

We needed an effective and efficient system for collecting funds and running crowd-funding campaigns. We have been very successful in using this platform for this purpose. The ease of use allowed us to respond to needs arising from the recent Camp Fire immediately.

Pros

This product is relatively easy to use. The price is very reasonable. Customer support is competent and effective. We have been able to raise a great deal of money on this platform.

Cons

Not as many bells and whistles as other products that cost significantly more. The number of outgoing texts allowed is insufficient and we have to expend additional fund to use outgoing texts as we want to.

• Used Other for 2+ years

All in one fundraising tool!

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

Great all in one tool for donor and member management. Top company for text giving and peer to peer fundraising. It’s hard to find a user friendly all in one tool that offers these two features. The free demo and online support and resources are helpful.

Pros

It’s affordable, they offer a free demo and it’s user friendly. It’s An all in one fundraising platform. They also offer functions like text giving and peer to peer. 24/7 online live support. Besides donor, event management and gift processing, they have volunteer management, gift match processing, membership management and recurring gift management.

Cons

It’s great for crowdfunding and mobile giving however as far as donor management and gift processing, they need to vamp up stewardship features and abilities. The crowdfunding feature has a learning curve and has limitations.

Abe Y.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Fundraising with MobileCause

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Overall, we’ve had a positive experience using MobileCause. It’s a great solution if you have limited experience creating and running fundraising campaigns.

Pros

MobileCause makes it easy to create and run donation campaigns, accept donations, and to track and measure success of specific efforts.

Cons

Occasionally we experience difficulties in performing donor searches and in making refunds.

MobileCause is easy to use and makes fundraising simple

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

Pros

It is user friendly and allows us to maximize our efforts for fundraising across multiple campaigns. Simple platform that is easy to change and manage various donation forms.

Cons

Unable to update monetary goal for campaigns with each new year without creating a whole new campaign. Which requires us to build out new individual pages.

Karen V.

Great for mobile fundraising

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Overall, it is a great giving platform to use. The text messages and mobile fundraising has been one of our best features to use.

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up fundraising pages and create crowdfunding campaigns.

Cons

I don't like that I can't customize giving levels. I would like to add impact to each gift string.

Jason S.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Very user friendly and very high quality online giving tools!

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

MobileCause is top notch. I have enjoyed working with our reps throughout our time with MC. The Digital Marketing Services are a great help! We have run annual programs and a very complex Day of Giving, crowdfunding campaign through MC and the software and service were AWESOME!

Pros

This software is very easy to set up, use and manage. The tools are very trustworthy and the company is very helpful!

Cons

While some functions don't work the way I would like them to due to personal preference, MC always listens to and asks for your feedback and then passes info along to their developers for future upgrades.

Marnie V.

Mobile Cause pros and cons

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Pros

It is an easy way to interact with our donor base for ticketing events and fundraisers. It is also good for tracking donations and donor info. The text to give platform is very useful.

Cons

You cannot remove donations that have failed easily. Some procedures, like form creation or transfer, are not clear or intuitive. Thermometers are confusing.

• Industry: Fund-Raising

A Really Good Product

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Overall, my experience with MobileCause has been really good. We're happy with the product!

Pros

Setup for new fundraising projects is easy, the donor wall is wonderful, donors love seeing their names as it scrolls through and seeing a thermometer with overall fundraising dollars. Reporting is easy to manage as well, I like that it exports into an Excel spreadsheet with all the information needed for data entry into our donor database.

Cons

Adding off-line donations is a little frustrating...it took me about 10 minutes to find the link to add them.

Samala C.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

I Love Mobile Cause

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

It has been a great experience working with MobileCause. I have recommended it to a few people because we have used them for events and they loved it. The product speaks for itself and I am glad that we have it for our organization.

Pros

I came into a new organization and they already had MobileCause in place. I was nervous about using the system, especially the Thermometer, but our Tech guide has been awesome! She has walked me through every campaign we have started since I've been here, given me so much support and is very patient with me. The software is easy to use once you are familiar with the system. They have been adding new features that I love. It may take me a little bit longer to get the hang of things simply because I have some technology challenges, but nothing to complain about.

Cons

I don't have any cons at this point. I don't like the fact that there is a time limit on the Thermometer/Text-to-Pledge. Some people did not fulfill their pledges and the campaign stopped so we were in the negative on that campaign.

Daniel A.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Flexible and efficient fundraising solution

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

Slow start up but effective once the team gets used to using it.

Pros

Mobile Cause is feature dense with a lot of modern solutions for fundraising the crowdfunding option in particular is great!

Cons

Form builder is not very intuitive for more advanced forms. Reporting is not very intuitive for events.

Rich B.

Great for small colleges

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

We have been extremely happy with this product. We used it to launch our first Giving Day and it exceeded expectations.

Pros

For a small college with limited resources, this is a great product.

Cons

Compared to larger platforms with similar features, MobileCause has some reduced functionality.

Michelle C.

Easy to give

Reviewed on 2018/12/15

We are able to convert a compelling message into a gift from donors at our events. We have experienced success for four years because of mobile cause. We raise between $10,000 and $20,000 every time we use the tool.

Pros

Flexible. We are able to customize a giving campaign at a moments notice. We love the ability to share real-time campaign results with donors.

Cons

My marketing department manages the details. I do not have input related to areas of improvement.

Ishmael S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

fundraising software

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

It is easy to use, free to user, user friendly, help nonprofits engage donors and boost giving. So best for the cause.

Pros

Cons

For real? i can not give any bad reviews about it because it has really worked for me. for now, i won't say anything bad.

Krysta H.

Worth it!

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

Great experience for our donors, supporters and team.

Pros

Monthly, multi-functional, events, management

Cons

Need to still use platforms like constant contact for e-blasts.

Gina R.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great way to raise funds!

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

It has been a great tool in raising $1,000 for us live at events over the years. It is easy to import the information and I would give it a high rating.

Pros

It provided an option for my organization to raise fund live at our events. It is easy to use!

Cons

I do not love the way it "looks". When doing a love ask with a thermometer, it does not provide the best graphic or visuals.

MobileCause Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

I fundraise with MobileCause for student giving campaigns.

Pros

I like the text to give options; this is a game changer for younger audiences.

Cons

I don't like how you can't easily reset a page or change amounts. There should be an csv file upload for offline donations

Ashley S.
  • Industry: Political Organization

Great Product

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Pros

We love using MobileCause for our PAC organization for the Tennessee Physical Therapy Association. It is easy to use and great to continue having monthly donations to give to politicians in TN.

Cons

The price is high for a small organization like ours.

Emerald C.

Good product

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

I like it. It's easy to use and the customer service is super responsive and helpful. We have "text to donate" signs in our email signatures, at our events and fundraisers, on our social media, in newsletters and mailers-- basically everywhere! It really helps us capture every opportunity to get a donation/ new donor.

Pros

People can easily donate any time, any where! Easy to use, great customer service, versatile.

Cons

I'm not sure how they determine their pricing, but I feel like it could be less expensive, but so far it's paid for itself. We've been using it for a year.

Jason C.

Does everything we need

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Pros

It is easy to use. Has more features than we can ever use. And the customer support is great.

Cons

I would like to be able to add our account numbers to donors for recurring payees

Allie A.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Mobile Cause Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

We are able to reach people that we do not have correct addresses and email addresses for and this is a new unique way for us to get the word out to our constituents.

Pros

It is very user friendly and we have receive a lot of great support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on the use of this service. It is functional and makes it easy to upload lists, send messages, and manage campaigns

Cons

We have reached out for more strategic guidance from the company and we have been disappointed with that side of the customer service. The character limit, inability to use emojis, and the inability to hyperlink are all unfortunate and make coming up with good content a challenge.

• Industry: Law Practice

Worthy Product

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Pros

We love using MobileCause at special events. The tools are easy to set up.

Cons

Our web developer hated the interface functionality of MB and strongly urged us to use another product. We are doing that and I hate it on the back-end but agree that what visitors experience is more important and Stripe works better for that.

I also wish MC had an auction function. We used the recommended third party company and it's fine, but it confuses event guests that the credit card they give us when they check in isn't already in our system when we do the mobile text to give ask during the program.

Rachel O.

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

Moving from physical to virtual event platform is the reason we chose this product.

Pros

Easy to navigate, reports are helpful and downloadable, campaigns defined, platform easy to edit

Cons

Concern about integration with Donor Perfect software. We were told that that this was a complete integration and we are not experiencing that. Perhaps we need training to implement.