Jeff S.

Turnkey Onboarding with Completely Seamless Build Out

Reviewed on 2020/08/29

I've used a few tools like this at other companies in the past. And I've used many SaaS products that have walkthrough onboarding flows like UserGuiding. But I've not actually built a flow out on my own until now. As someone who loves to tinker and test, I found the tool perfectly suited to me. And knowing how overwhelmed development teams are at SaaS companies, this is a tool that a product team or marketing group can work on and perfect, then go to the dev team with a final deployable version to drop in.

Pros

I love that I can build an onboarding workflow with all various different engagement / training methods like steps, confirmations, checklists and so much more. But the best part about UserGuiding is that I was able to build out a workflow without a single line of code and test it live on my site just by adding a Chrome extension. As a product manager, this tool is a great way to build out different onboarding flows and test them with my team long before I push something live.

Cons

There is a lot. And it's a little overwhelming at first. They have great support and documentation, but it's the kind of software you really need to dig into and just immerse yourself with. Once I did that, all the bells and whistles quickly became apparent.

Emrah S.

Ridiculously easy

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

As a monitoring product, it takes time to get used to our product. We've been thinking of creating our guide ourselves but then we wanted to check the tools for that. UserGuiding was the easiest to use and we decided to use that. The product is already very nice but I should talk about customer success separately. They are proactively warning you whenever they notice something unexpected in your product. We already outsourced UI testing to them with their incredible help. Can recommend to anyone.

Pros

- Easy to create guides
- Targeting is so flexible, we can have different guides for different sets of people
- Customer success is incredibly helpful. They know our product better than us.
- UI is very intuitive.

Cons

- Sometimes it takes an nondeterministic time for the guide to be effective. Not a big problem.

Dylan K.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

The most advanced onboarding program that I use to train existing and new employees

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

Create and track the performance of guides with Analytics available on this app.

Pros

Firstly, I like how it is easy to sign up and start using UserGuiding without complex procedures.

I like how it is easy to create high-quality guides with the help of Google Chrome Extension. That way, no coding is needed to create guides with UserGuiding.

Lastly, UserGuiding has wide array of features encompassing of Analytics, Hotspots, Segmentation etc.

Cons

14 days for free trial are not enough to make clear decisions. To make sure that they give prospective customers time to make informed determinations, they should at least increase duration for free trial to 30 days. However, with extra 30 days money back guarantee, it is all good.

Eric M.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Works well!

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Pros

The software is easy to use and understand, it works really well and I have been using it for on boarding programs and can't be happier with the use.

Cons

I software has a lot of glitches though needs to update.

William G.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Solid product, great price point, users love it!

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

Pros

Well rounded, lots of capability. Integrates well with all our custom applications.

Cons

Administrators require a Chrome plugin for creating guides

Shubhankar S.

Does the job!

Reviewed on 2019/11/03

Pros

The ability to pick & choose the different kind of guides is the best thing about this software. Also, the feature about segmenting & customizing guides to different kinds of users.

Cons

It has a slightly high learning curve, the UI isnt the most intuitive.

Osman erdi B.

No Code = No Problem 🤓

Reviewed on 2019/06/29

We implemented UserGuiding into https://juphy.com and solved onboarding issue just in 1 day. It's a unique solution. Although we are a technology-focused team, we decided to use UserGuiding because of their smooth, easy to learn user experience. We do not need to deal with complicated user guiding development any more :) Sometimes, No Code = No Problem.

Pros

Easy and powerful, slick design, you can create advanced user guiding flows (truly advanced).

Cons

UserGuiding promotion logo for the non-white-label package is too big and colorful, it may be smaller and colorless(Black&White)

Buğra G.

Great onboarding tool!

Reviewed on 2020/07/16

We use UserGuiding to highlight certain important features in the trial -> paid funnel. It has been increasing conversions so far. Before, we felt like customers don't understand how to work with the product; now we have less support tickets than ever.

Pros

We were on the brink of building an in-house solution for onboarding when we met UserGuiding. It allowed us to design a beautiful product walkthrough within minutes, without a single line of code. Less support tickets, more free trial conversions, happy product managers :)

Cons

The analytics part is probably enough for most teams. We needed a little more control over data, which led us to use another product for it.

Youssef E.

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

so good

Pros

Easy to use without any code implementation

Cons

less functionnality i would like if add possibilty to insert audio like we inject a text

Konrad D.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great tool to onboard your users

Reviewed on 2020/02/07

UserGuiding is going to help us solve issues with new user onboarding that currently takes a few hrs and requires our employee and customer to be in front of computer to guide them through over the phone. Now our users will be able to self-serve.

Pros

Fairly easy to use and a lot of functionalities for developers to build on.

Cons

Less skilled people (non-devs) would struggle with implementation and customisation to fully benefit all the features.

Mehmet ali G.

Best Quality of Service and Easy to use Product

Reviewed on 2019/12/23

Since the first day I started using it, I was able to warm the product immediately because it was easy to use with its User-Friendly environment. I made an on-boarding pages for 2 sites in total with this product. One of these sites was for an in-house website and the other was for an off-site website, the feedback of them were really good.

Pros

The best thing about software is being User-friendly environment, really easy to use with GTM. The configurations or changes that you make on site directly effects which is really useful to improve and maintain. The User Interface is also great. Also I cannot pass over the concern of staff they are helpfull as much as they possible.

Cons

İ havent found any cons about this software, almost everything is perfect, also when i face a problem with custom configrations, the staff immetidiately intereferes the situation.

Ester L.

Excellent value

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Before UserGuiding, I've spent over a month with going and back communication with my team to set up an onboarding process. It was not bad, but it requires hours to be changed and modified.
With UserGuiding, I've done by myself in just a working day to get the whole workflow ready and live!

Pros

The product is easy to use and integrate into your own website to ensure smooth onboarding. It saves you from hours of coding, email, and discussions with your team about fast releasing internal walkthrough.

Cons

Nothing really, the team is supportive and reactive, and if you need something, they are there for you.

Tadeáš A.

Complex features explained easily

Reviewed on 2020/04/08

I used it to create a walkthrough of the result page of our product. This page contains a lot of powerful tools and analytics which were not used by users due to their complexity at first sights. UserGuideng fixed that for us.

Pros

Very easy integration, in just a few minutes you are up and running. Easy to understand due to its intuitiveness. I was able to quickly create a solid walkthrough to communicate more information and explain some of the powerful features that look complex to our users.

Cons

I have not found anything I wouldn't like so far.

Ilgım Ö.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great Experience

Reviewed on 2019/02/10

Easy, fast and safe🎈

Pros

our growing retantion rates suprised me.

Cons

I couldnt find anything to improve in the future

Response from Ynot Partners

Thank you for your great comments.

We are happy to work together and create such a success story!

Hakan Ö.
  • Industry: Automotive

Very happy with UserGuiding!

Reviewed on 2019/11/07

Works well where alternatives don't. Also, the support team is very helpful!

Pros

Before UserGuiding, we've tried a few other user onboarding software to increase our free trial conversion. Others had problems with multi-page onboarding flows and iframes. UserGuiding team helped me implement it quickly and I had everything working in only a few days. Great support team!

Cons

Currently it lacks integrations with other analytics tools we use.

Jared S.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Really appreciated ease to trial and learn

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

We are trying to figure out better ways to scale a tech company internally and externally, and this is conceptually helping us imagine how to get there and we are still exploring these options.

Pros

They made it so easy to start trying it out

Cons

Well, I imagine I am a middle ground user. I am good with tech and have a wide variety of experience...but I am not a programmer and don't have enough depth to maybe understand everything. I couldn't believe how easy it was to get started and have vision...but going deep quickly is more difficult and maybe that shouldn't be a con and should just be normal and a truth for all software like this for now since they are really just in their infant stages to my understanding as an industry.

Response from Ynot Partners

Thank you Jared.

We are doing our best to make UserGuiding the easiest tool to start building an onboarding process, without any coding.

It feels great that we could manage it!

Sandeep N.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Good tool for enhancing user experience

Reviewed on 2020/05/14

We want to enhance user experience, we want to launch our playbooks using this tool

Pros

Its User friendliness in creating the guides

Cons

Not so much customization option on the layout of the guides

Mary J.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

It's worth it.

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

It was my first experience with userguiding and I think the application does what it was set out to do pretty well in my opinion.

Pros

It's pretty simple and easy to use and the whole process is really just intuitive. There's nothing much too complicated about it.

Cons

I didn't use their customer support so don't know about that. But my first experience with them was genuinely good.

David H.

Poor customer support

Reviewed on 2019/10/05

Poor experience. I hope they would improve their customer experienc

Pros

User guide pop ups and it’s relatively simple to understand & use

Cons

Buggy and slow or even non existent customer support. Emails that don’t get response.

Response from UserGuiding

Hello David,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I'm glad you find UserGuiding simple to use!

And really sorry to hear about your previous experience. I'll be following up with my team so that we'll reach you soon.

Mert

Layla R.

Handy tool!

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Pros

I have been using user guiding and so far have been working really well. I like using it because it is easy to use and very relevant, our onboarding system works really well now.

Cons

Nothing, but there are some glitches in software.

Bill J.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

Pros

Easy to use.

Cons

The side-bar nav was a little confusing

Güner B.

Easy To Use

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

In Vexrob (https://vexrob.com) doctors and physiotherapists prescribe personal exercise programs for their patients. It was a problem to show how prescription of an exercise program can be done on web app. Userguiding helped a lot for creating a short journey.

Pros

User guiding is an easy-to-use tool for creating user onboarding.
Perfect support

Cons

Some UI improvements are needed. It was a bit problem to edit created guide.

Hannah W.

Boosts new feature adoption immediately

Reviewed on 2020/09/28

We’ve been using UserGuiding for a while now, and it became a great addition to our stack immediately. Especially when introducing a feature we use UserGuiding to let our users know inside the app, and create short tours that help them understand the new function. There are also many options when designing an onboarding experience for new users.

Pros

We use UserGuiding for training new users, and the product tours are nice enough. What helped us most were the hotspots and tooltips for new features and updates. With hotspots, we were able to dramatically increase awareness to our new features.
Also, the integrations with Segment and Intercom are offering us great value, as they provide us with amazing insights on our customers and their journeys.

Cons

Although we could integrate some of the tools we use with UserGuiding, it was a downer when I saw there is no integration with Heap yet. It could help us dig deeper into users’ actions during the onboarding and how UserGuiding affects their journey, I hope the integration becomes available soon.

Aslı A.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

So easy!

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Thanks to UserGuiding, the customer engagement, and conversion rates have increased insanely.
User onboarding solutions provided interactive product guides for new features to fasten my users’ adaptation process.

Pros

This is literally crazy!
You can show how your product works to your customers in less than 30 seconds!
The team is so great and clever so that you can reach them anytime you like,
Excellent customer service.

Cons

I am using it for a month
None, so far.

Response from Ynot Partners

Thank you for your review. We are happy to work with you!

Okan T.
  • Industry: Program Development

Product Walkthroughs in Minutes

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

We've been developing user onboarding flows insource before UserGuiding. After a single UI change, the responsible person had to work on the flow for hours to change the location, test it and make it live. It takes less than a minute than UserGuiding!

Pros

UserGuiding has great UX - very simple to use. In a few hours after signing up, you can start getting positive results! Also the team is supportive. They do their best to support us on our busy days, even in weekends.

Cons

It would be great if we could upload our videos directly to UserGuiding, instead of embedding from online places. But still not a big problem.