GoSkills

Learning management system for teams

Patrick C.

Bite Size Lessons - Comprehensive Program for Lean Six Sigma Training

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

Their support is excellent. Anytime I found an issue or had a question about their slides, I got a response back within 24-48 hours.

Pros

Bite size lessons (usually between 4 and 8 minutes), of which each flows into a topical order. The courses I took were on Lean Six Sigma and that topic builds from one lesson to the next which is exactally how it should be taught. There are practice problems at the end of each section and practice worksheets to complete which help enforce the material.
The instructor provides some personal feedback on his experiences well which is nice.

Cons

There could be some additional practice questions and the final exam could incorporate some new questions rather than just repeating the end of lesson quiz questions

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easy, quick and easily personally paced learning system

Reviewed on 2020/05/11

These courses, even though they are very good, are still fairly "light" compared to some large-scale industry certified trainings. But I think these work well for junior, or if you want to learn more but not necessary are ready to take the step for the many weeks or months of studying (e.g. some PM certifications). But for e.g. a PM, I think you would be able to do the work well on GoSkills certificate alone.

Pros

I like that this GoSkills VERY quick to take to use. Just minutes. I also like that you can do a bit of learning each day - like all professionals, I am very busy at my work, and it's very hard as a consultant to dedicate full days for learning. I also learn better when I can process it in between. I like that there are actual exercise files and quizzes to ensure the learning.

Cons

The software is fine, but I do not like those courses where only a person is speaking and there is no actual materials shared (like a presentation). That's just being lazy. I would also like to receive the share presentations as e.g. PDF, as you would in any other training. (Which would cost more of course.)

Dagnine M.
  • Industry: Furniture
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Very helpful and affordable

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

My favorite was the Outlook training. I had no idea all that Outlook could do. Also the Management training was good. I also learned a lot of skills in Excel that I didn't know.

Pros

It's easy to learn with their helpful videos.

Cons

I have to pull up the software I'm learning to try to put what I'm learning to practice while watching the video. This could be a problem is someone doesn't have the software. They just wouldn't get as much of a hands on experience. (I am a hands on learner)

Craig S.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2019/08/31

It was a great find for online training. I have enjoyed the bite sized lesson videos. The content was straight to the point which was great for quick learning.

Pros

The user interface was easy to understand. It worked well on my android phone or laptop web browsers. Lesson presentations used relatively low amounts of data which was good as I generally used while travelling to work.

Cons

I would have liked to have been able to download lesson videos rather than stream to limit data use; however this was not much of an issue due to the relatively low data usage.

Travis L.

Great Platform

Reviewed on 2019/07/20

I've only taken one course so far but I loved it and got a lot out of it. I purchased the Unlimited access and plan on taking as many courses as I can, that relate to me.

Pros

I love the platform, it's very easy to use and the contents is informative and useful.

Cons

I don;t really have any complaints. I've noticed a few typos and have sent them to support and they responded that they would correct them.

Sneha M.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

pretty good - basic certifications

Reviewed on 2020/05/09

Pros

I loved how short the lessons were and how targeted they were.

Cons

I wish there were some more “dig deeper” features that are maybe optional for the cert but would be useful if you want to specialize a bit more in that area of the software you are studying.

Tammy C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Property manager

Reviewed on 2019/07/21

I really enjoyed how they break up the courses and how easy it is to do work on them at your pace

Pros

It was explaining in more details step by step on the programs I need to better my career

Cons

I can’t think of anything I am really enjoying the software

Raisur R.
  • Industry: Food Production

Great Introductory Course for Power PIvot

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

Pros

Well crafted course content with world class delivery by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Really Outstanding

Cons

Course has very limited set of DAX functions module only Calculate and All. Need atleast 5/6 functions like filter, sumx, related etc.

Pammy P.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Courses put together well

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

Pros

The course break down and structure is very well put together. Each lesson is very well explained.

Cons

There were no cons to the software. Goskills have put these courses together very well.

Maria cristina P.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Great and complete Illustrator course

Reviewed on 2020/05/01

Super usefull!

Pros

It´s very straigh forward and easy to learn with the videos.

Cons

I´m only missing a bit more detail in commands and shortcut as not being a frequent user sometimes it´s easy to get lost :)

Madeline H.

Great for busy professionals

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

Pros

The ease of use and self pacing of courses fits well into busy schedules. Excel instructor was great.

Cons

Variety of courses. Expand programs but there is a good solid base.

Christian S.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Convenient Learning

Reviewed on 2020/05/01

Truly Convenient Learning. Gaining skills on the go.

Pros

I like that i can log in to this app via my smartphone making it really convenient . I travel alot for work so its great that i can listed to a training session while waiting to board my flight.

Cons

Whats there not to love about this software???

Janie T.
  • Industry: Accounting

GCS

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

Go Skills are extremely knowledge about the products being offered.

Pros

The lesson were short but kind of fast paced. Not as expected.

Cons

IT was fast paced and should have given more examples.

Michael Y.
  • Industry: Events Services

Fantastic Website for Continuous Learning

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

Absolutely fantastic website for learning a vast variety of content on the fly. There are some improvements and course reviews to be made, but overall it is a great way for continuous learning.

Pros

Easily manageable bite-sized lessons, can start learning whenever there's a gap of free time, even a small one.

Cons

When viewing GoSkills through Apple devices, instead of the videos showing up in the default quicktime player, the video plays from the website's browser, which can sometimes cause a bug where no audio comes though, and this can only be fixed by refreshing the webpage. The website's browser also leaves the whole URL bar visible, which is not fully utilising the screen space. This can probably be fixed by creating their own app.

• Industry: Information Services

Great Courses

Reviewed on 2019/09/21

Pros

I enjoy the courses on Goskills very much. I have taken a lot of courses on Microsoft skills as well as others and everything is top notch.

Cons

For the time being I haven't found any con, the only thing would be to have more different courses available.

Alina D.

Feedback

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

A lot of useful courses, I'm planning to continue my studies with goskills

Pros

Easy to use and to understand, videos are short and not difficult for perception, tasks are practical

Cons

some features of minitab are not very clear. therefore, it's not always possible to repeat the task in minitab

Megan W.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

GoSkills has Got what I need!

Reviewed on 2020/04/17

Dusting off some old skills and learning some new ones.

Pros

I like that the format is standardized (Bite size videos, excersize files, notes, quiz, exam, certificate) Easy to use. Broad offering of services.

Cons

Would like the option for courses to lead into actual certifications with PMP, Microsoft. Would like more advanced options, some courses are the basics.

Adam L.

This Course is Worth Your Time and Money

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

Pros

Easy to use, good examples, knowledgable instructors.

Cons

I would have prefered more work with formulas.

Cynthia D.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Microsoft Excel Basic delivers the basics and some great tips

Reviewed on 2020/05/08

I often try to put data into a chart/table, but have typically used Word--not very efficient. I will be using Excel much more now.

Pros

There is so much built into the software. It's way more complex and has so many uses.

Cons

Oh, the formulas are hard to master. A lot of practice is needed.

Shobhit D.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great Training

Reviewed on 2020/05/04

Pros

Very detailed and professionally structured training.

Cons

Everything was perfect except the training pace. I had to run the video at 1.25X speed.

Kevin B.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

New user

Reviewed on 2019/08/10

I'm building my skills

Pros

Easy if use and simplicity
Very good for quick skill building

Cons

Needs more reference material.no issues otherwise

Oliver S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great software and easy to use!

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

Pros

Really easy to go through and all the courses are broken up nicely. Good quality and it makes learning easy.

Cons

Nothing right now :) It is really a great service and everything works well.

Angela K.

Excellent online courses!

Reviewed on 2016/09/23

We used GoSkills to train our team in Excel. The feedback was overwhelmingly positive! Our team loved the short video tutorials, self-paced content and easy-to-use LMS.

Michelle N.

Learning Skills in my Downtime

Reviewed on 2020/05/11

10 out of 10 would recommend especially with all this 'free time' we have now these days. I'm an assistant with my company but am looking to grow into an analyst position. These courses have given me insight to the start of financial modeling. There's a ton of shortcuts and priceless 'in-field' knowledge that you can't beat for this monthly price. I would also recommend this software to someone who wants to bulk up their resume.

Pros

This was so incredibly user friendly and I loved that each lesson was bite-sized. It didn't feel daunting to start a lesson because it would be 10 minutes tops. The instructor for the course I took was engaging and hilarious, this was better than some courses I took at a state university!

Cons

I didn't like that I had to manually post my certificate on LinkedIn, but that's not a GoSkills issue it's LinkedIn. I don't really have any complaints - it's perfect.

Sarah C.

Thank God for GoSkills!!

Reviewed on 2020/04/04

Super fun an accessible. Course progression combined with my work history is showing me where/how I can fit onto any team with much to contribute. In this covid-19 hibernation at home, I'm developing very useful skills and staying motivated!

Pros

I love how the beginner level coursework transfers right into the next level. So motivating! So easy to accommodate into my schedule.

Cons

Ferling like I want to do ALL the courses!