SchoolAdmin

Admissions and enrollment management for K-12 schools

Shannon F.

Everything you need to go from interested to ENROLLED

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

From the beginning of our time working with School Admin, we've had a great experience. From sales to implementation to actually using School Admin, we've only had friendly service with great response time (usually my changes are what hold things up). Initially we balked at the price because it was 4x what we paid with our previous OA/OE software company. However it has added some much value and allowed us to keep in touch and know exactly where families are in the process, it has been a great investment so far! We could not recommend School Admin enough!

Pros

How it integrates all parts of the interest/application/enrollment process into one easy to use, fully customizable system.
Great updates and customer service

Cons

Cost-worth the value but your have to make an investment

Jay S.

Great for Admissions, Wish It Integrated Better with Other Systems

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Overall SchoolAdmin is very good at what they do, my Director of Admissions loves it, it covers all she does very well. But for me in IT, dealing with all our information needs, it is a real drag having the system that is the entry point for student and parent data not have any integration with our other information systems downstream. Especially when it costs more than those downstream systems cost combined. With everything moving to integrated systems I don't see how SchoolAdmin can survive longterm with this sort of standalone model; their limited number of API partnerships may reflect that. A bigger SIS that has their own integrated Admissions module probably isn't all that incentivized to work with SchoolAdmin on an API. Ultimately they seem like a great candidate to either buy an SIS or get bought by one.

Pros

Well designed User Interface, don't mind working in it. Logical workflows, easy to learn, covers the Admissions/Enrollment process very well.

Cons

Admissions/Enrollment is but one piece of the independent school information landscape. Though it is the "cadillac" of admissions systems that I've seen, it doesn't have much in the way of integration downstream with your Student Information System etc. They have a very limited number of API partnerships, they don't have an API integration with my SIS, so I have to export to CSV from SchoolAdmin and import into my SIS. It's also very expensive, it costs more annually than our SIS and Donor Management systems combined.

Shelly M.

School Admin is my personal assistant!

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

I rely on School Admin for nearly every aspect of my job. When things have gone wrong, a member of the School Admin support team has responded quickly and stuck with me until the problem could be found and resolved. This has included evenings and weekends when bulk enrollment emails have gone out. They go above and beyond. When Julianna, our original (and much beloved!) representative changed positions, I was worried the level of support would change as well. Remarkably, it hasn't.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use and the scope of what can be managed through the software. I am a team of one for a school of over 500 students. I can't imagine getting it all done without School Admin.

Cons

In the past, I would have said that I wanted to be able to add an attachment to emails. However, School Admin is responsive to the feedback of its users and added that feature along with others to make the software even more comprehensive.

Selena D.

We love SchoolAdmin!

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Pros

We love how user friendly and easy to use SchoolAdmin is. The customer support is fantastic!

Cons

I wish that the program included classes and grading options. Then, we could use it school-wide.

Ashley D.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Very Useful Product for Admissions

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

If we didn't need to integrate with another system it would have been a great solution to all our needs.

Pros

The best part of this software was the feedback we received from applying families about how easy to use the interface was. My staff also very much liked the fact that we could keep track of how many events families attended as well as how much communication they received.

Cons

It did not interface well with our student information system. Ultimately because we were not utilizing School Admin for enrollment, it made the process longer because we had to move data from one place to another.

Alysa W.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great product

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

I would gladly see every school invest in this app.

Pros

Easy to use kept all documents easy to get done whilst applying. Applying for school is hard enough this app removes that stress tenfold.

Cons

Seems to have update issues. Once all the bugs are worked out for this it'll be a perfect app for all schools to adopt.

Sharon S.

Happy User

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Pros

I love most the ease of being able to search and write reports.

Cons

Not being able to make necessary changes without going through the company.

Sintayehu T.

School Admin Function

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

GREAT!

Pros

School Admin is user-friendly software. It is easy to learn and navigate. It makes the admissions process easy for admissions officers and prospective parents. I like the funnel, the dashboard, and the filter functions. We are using online file review and so far, it has been great for the readers and the admission committee. Overall, School Admin and its functions are great.

Cons

Sometimes, while pulling data from the school admin, it can be inconsistent. It needs to be consistent from year to year and grade to grade so we can have an apple to apple comparison. I wish we can sort our saved search reports.

Peter C.

Great Product -

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

Pros

Terrific product - keeps everyone engaged in the system - great for communication between teams and communicating with parents about the application process through enrollment.

Cons

Obviously - only as useful as the entire team is willing to use the product. If everyone is not 'all in' then it becomes difficult to get all the data in one place.

Jennifer O.

SchoolAdmin Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

The customer service with SchoolAdmin has always been amazing. And overall, the system is great and helps us stay on top of our customer service to ensure we give each family the best experience we can.

Pros

I love how we can keep a running record of all communications with families in our system. I am beginning to really dive in deeper now that I have worked with it for about 6 months, to see the power of the system. There are many intuitive processes that you can set up that can save time and ensure certain communications are given to each family along the admissions process.

Cons

I wish the calendar feature with Google was a little bit more seamless, since there is a delay time of only updating/communicating with Google calendar once a day. With multiple siblings, we wish there were some features of documents being shared across each profile of the family so that you don't have to upload or copy it over. Also being able to set reminders for multiple users would be nice.

Sue W.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

SchoolAdmin makes my job easier

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

I have had a very pleasant experience with SchoolAdmin mostly due to the promptness of the customer service. I am continually learning about the tool and know that I haven't even reached the full potential of this software. I really wish I had more time to devote to reviewing all of the tutorials.

Pros

I love having our student information at my fingertips. I am able to customize forms to suit my liking and the customer support staff are wonderful. Every time that I had a problem, they were able to fix it in a promptly manner. Tutorials are provided to help with all subject matter and just by sending a chat message to the support line, some tutorials are recommended which usually solve my problem.

Cons

When we first switched over to SchoolAdmin only the student's name, date of birth, and one parent's email address was populated. It was a big transition for us in administration and for our school families.

Woody L.

SchoolAdmin

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Amazing. Now, using a different database for a different job, I miss the ease of SA and the quick and helpful replies when reaching out for support.

Pros

It's incredibly intuitive and flexible. We use it for everything from scheduling to collecting documents to making decisions to disseminating information, and it makes each of these processes much simpler than they could be.

Cons

The search function, while logically, can be confusing, with many options that seem to overlap.

Sharon R.

Great support from Day One!

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Streamlines my process for handling inquiries about my school and organizes my data for me.

Pros

The software has anticipated all my needs, and the team at School Admin just understands whatever my issue may be. The support has been great from Day One!

Cons

A little tricky to understand all its features - but I'm getting there!

Tricia G.

Spend Time on Relationships Not Administrative Tasks

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

School Admin is a top-notch customer-focused company that continues to progress and outdo themselves. The software is intuitive and dynamic. This is not a database for storing important information, it's for using important information. Because of the representatives, working with School Admin has been a delight.

Pros

The automated communication plan: Beginning with Inquiry and through Enrollment, completed checklist items trigger emails that communicate specific details. The emails include important links to the website during the inquiry phase. During the application and enrollment phase, emails contain a dynamic checklist that is specific to the emailed family. No more shuffling of paperwork or handmade checklists. Plus, the admissions department is paperless and the central office all has access to students.

Cons

It has been a challenge to get our updated student data into our School Information System (SIS).

Stella e F.

Someone will pick up the phone when you call, amazing!

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

SchoolAdmin has made it easy for us to review candidates remotely without my whole admissions team present to meet. We meet when we have students to discuss. As a rolling admission school this has been a game-changer. We can get quality input without having to find common meeting times with administrators as well as the teachers that weigh in.

Pros

I love that I can customize just about anything. I love that customer service is a quick phone call away or a quick instant message away. I love that it is absolutely user-friendly. I love how it is organized.

Cons

I want the integration with blackbaud to be stronger. I want to be able to push photos to blackbaud as well as ID numbers. We still use blackbaud for our report cards, website, etc.

Janet S.

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

It has been very helpful in our recruitment of students, they find the application process easy to navigate.

Pros

It's ease of use; the responsiveness of the support team when I have a question; the useful information it provides us e.g. downloading information to Excel and sorting from there. Provides good historical information on our statistics.

Cons

I have not experienced anything negative with this software.

Terri D.

Managing admission in our K-8 school made much easier

Pros

School Admin is user friendly with a wide array of functions. Wonderful customer service.

Cons

Searches can be cumbersome. However, customer service is usually prompt at helping.

Danielle L.

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

Pros

I like the ease in running reports and looking up students.

Cons

I wish there was a tool to put in notes and view notes for the family instead of having to look at individual students. Also, the payment plan rules in the contract create issues and need to be tweaked to ensure when one thing is fixed something else doesn't break.

Zachary C.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

An Absolute Must for Schools in the Modern Age

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

School Admin has been great to work with and has helped me personally to transition the software to my current school, as I first worked with School Admin in my original Archdiocese, before relocating.

Pros

School Admin is easy for parents, organizes the admission/enrollment workflow, and saves an incredible amount of time, energy, and frustration from a back-and-forth paper process. It's safer, more convenient, and more helpful for all involved.

Cons

There will be some time early in the process for the learning curve, as with any new endeavor.

Whitney S.

Great for Admissions

Reviewed on 2019/10/28

Pros

The ease of use and the ability to customize

Cons

That I can't sort or organize saved searches.