Showing 32 reviews of 20

Vyond

Video making platform for businesses

Showing 32 reviews of 20
Claudia F.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great tool for training videos

Reviewed on 2019/08/10

Overall I think Vyond has brought more benefits to our company than what we could have imagined. It has decreased the training durations since we can now create videos for knowledge instead of instructor lead training sessions.

Pros

In our instructional design we have implemented media creation and this is a great tool for just that. We have been able to reduce training time by creating videos that transmit knowledge in less time. Our survey results show that people prefer learning this way and most important they really enjoy it.

Cons

The options to create personalized characters is awesome however I still believe that its missing some option to create more personalized characters. For example long hair for girls

Response from GoAnimate

Thank you for your review and feedback. I've sent the feedback about hair length on to our product team. We update our product every three weeks and love to add what you need. If you ever have more additions to request, please connect with us directly at [email protected]

Ekta K.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Cool animated videos

Reviewed on 2020/12/11

I use it anytime I need a static image with cool backgrounds and characters, for creating videos, animated gifs, and comics.

Pros

This tool made it so easy to create animated videos with ready to use characters and backgrounds. I even created comics using vyond and it wasn't difficult at all.

Cons

This tool provides a lot of options, but you need to spend some time poking around and learning it all. The options are not right in front of you always.

Response from Vyond

Thank you for your review. Feel free to reach out anytime you have feedback or questions. Email [email protected] or use the chat feature on our site.

Michelle J.

Taking training to a new level

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

We are using Vyond for human services and non-profit services. We have already used Vyond to create tutorials for new software that staff have to use. We plan to use this to train on policies for greater impact and memory retention. We also plan to create videos to use to supplement virtual classes for our clients.

Pros

I love that this software allows me (non-graphic-design-inclined) to create engaging and creative videos to train staff in a way that has more impact and memory retention than documents, emails or PowerPoint trainings. Without attending a tutorial, I was able to create a video with animations, voice-over audio and music. The software is very intuitive. For any unclear features, they use their own tool to create short informational videos to answer help topics.

Cons

I wish there was a way to create an animation path in a curve or other non-straight line. The template library is vast, however, there were still some needs that I had which I had to manually create. Hopefully they continue to grow this library as users increase.

Response from GoAnimate

Hi Michelle, Thank you for your review.

Good news curved motion paths will be here soon.

We'd also like to hear what props, clothing & actions you need us to add. We update the product every three weeks and love to add exactly what you need.

You can send suggestions to us via email [email protected] or log in to our community and add your requests there: https://vyond.force.com/community

Tim S.

Release Your Creativity with Video

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

My primary use has been creating videos in the eLearning space. Training videos where characters are interacting is a common use scenario that Vyond is good for. I've used most of the graphics styles to provide learners a different experience from one course to another. I particularly enjoy, using scene transitions, changing camera perspectives and using professional voice over talent for a polished and professional result. The Vyond videos I create are almost always integrated into Articulate Storyline 360.

Pros

Nearly everyone is looking to create compelling motion graphics and video. I have used the product since it was formally called, GoAnimate. And the video platform has simply gotten better-and-better. Whether a beginner or experienced designer Vyond gives you real teeth for creating amazing videos. From the outset, you can choose a graphics style using different option provided: business-style characters, contemporary, or white board animation style. Vyond then provides many different kinds of templates based on the type of video you are looking to create. Although you can freely edit scenes, you will no doubt hit the grounded running picking from a vast number of backgrounds. Don't find just the right character for your video? Vyond includes a Character Studio where you can change many options such as skin tone, hair style, facial features, clothing style and any number of color options, which can be important for the purpose of applying your own branding. The more advanced designers will find creative ways to mix media such as to integrate Vyond characters and video or photographs. The timeline is particularly helpful in getting your characters, music, narration and graphic assets working just the way you want. You can expand and collapse elements on the timeline to help with management as well. Voice recording assigned to a character, automatically synchronizes mouth movements. You can assign character movements, expressions and emotions.

Cons

There are so many different tips and tricks that can be used that separates a polished video from one that is amateur. I recommend taking advantage of any of Vyond's free webinars as well as peruse the online community. You occasionally wish for a character you can neither find or create. I'd like the additional capability to be able to copy camera settings from one scene to another.

Response from GoAnimate

Thanks for your review. I see you use Vyond and Storyline, were you able to attend our webinar "Articulate Storyline and Vyond?" You can watch it on-demand anytime: https://move.vyond.com/articulate-storyline-and-vyond/

• Industry: Higher Education

Vyond

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

Creating quick explainer videos for the entire organization.

Pros

Love the ease of putting together scenes and just switching out props as needed, adding text and audio.

Cons

That there is no option to use anything other than animated characters or whiteboards. Some competitor software has the option to use real pictures and videos.

Response from GoAnimate

Thanks for taking the time to review Vyond. We are reaching out to let you know that it is possible to import your own assets into Vyond. Here's a quick article to show you how: https://help.vyond.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005664206-How-do-I-import-assets-

And as always, if you need more support or have further questions, please connect with our support team: [email protected]

We love to help!

Dickson M.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

vyond review

Reviewed on 2020/01/17

i liked the animation creation ability as it catches the imagination of your audience and your message is easily comprehended, that is, the message is easily driven home

Pros

it has several templates to choose from for your presentation and it creates an animation plus can be edited by multi people simultaneously

Cons

it is not yet very popular with many people especially here in zimbabwe, maybe its because it has not been marketed well.

Timothy K.

This experience was VYOND frustrating!

Reviewed on 2019/12/07

I wholly regret the decision of purchasing this software. The extreme lack of common, everyday items for props and character animations you find yourself needing, the bugs and poor customer service make it a thoroughly disappointing experience. After spending hours trying to make a two-minute video with realistic actions and props, you find yourself forced to be creative just to cope with the lack of what you assumed would be standard. If I could do it all over again, I would have tried different software.

Pros

This software has a lot of templates that can help you create videos quickly without starting from scratch. It seems to be well-suited for beginners to create very simple videos.

Cons

Let's start by talking about the bugs. Several times a day I encounter "video cannot be played" errors when trying to preview the changes I make while editing. Also several times I've been kicked out and told I need to log in again while in the middle of editing a video I had been working on for over an hour. When this happens, I lose all the progress I've made since my last save, which tends to be significant. I contacted customer support who told me "this is fairly common" and I needed to clear my cache, clear my cookies, AND restart my PC. I asked if they could extend my subscription or offer any form of compensation to make up for the lost time. They said they "can't" do anything of the sort.

So aside from the software bugs and poor customer service, let's dive into the problems with the features. At first glance, it almost seems like they have too many props, character action animations, and so forth. But once you begin to create videos with any level of detail or natural actions, you'll notice just how frustratingly limited it really is.

Say you want to create a scene where a character walks through a door. You'll find just two door props that have an open and close animation, but no static props of a matching door staying open. Nor will you find a wall prop to go with that door. Want your character to order a drink in a bar? There's no animation for walking while holding a drink. I've run into dozens of similar limitations of things that should be commonplace.

Response from GoAnimate

I'm sorry you've been frustrated with our product. Are you a subscriber, or was this during your free-trial period?

I've shared your feedback about the doors and drink holding. Please feel free to send us more feedback: [email protected]

Vyond's product features do include auto-save and version history. Like other SaaS products, our product requires you are on a stable internet connection.

Kalim U.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used Other for Free Trial

vyond is good online software for beginners animation video creator

Reviewed on 2020/09/20

Very easy for starters need a basic video knowledge to create a video in vyond. I personally recommend Vyond to new users for creating basic animation videos. There is a lot of things which can be improved.

Pros

it is easy for beginners to learn animation using vyond and start their career as a animation artist.

Cons

there is many limitations for video creators like you can't hold drinks etc while any character is in running position. character should be added more because every time using same few characters is boring.

Response from GoAnimate

Hi Kalim, Thank you for your review and feedback.

We'd like to hear what characters, clothing, actions, or props you'd like us to add.

• Industry: Insurance

Simple to use

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

Pros

Its drag and drop whiteboard. You can't get any easier.

Cons

To make things flow smoothly it takes a lot of working with.

Helen T.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Easy, professional and simply the best!

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

Pros

Makes professional animation videos in a fraction of the time with all its functionalities and templates. Voice overs with lip sync allows me to easily change dialogues into different languages without needing to re-create videos. Have tried many different softwares and couldn't find a better alternative. Don't waste money and time using other options. Vyond is worth the investment.

Cons

Wish there are other pricing plans that are more affordable.

Response from GoAnimate

Thank you for your review.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great for quick simple videos

Reviewed on 2019/04/15

Pros

Super easy for someone with no video editing background

Cons

Videos end up looking somewhat generic but you do have a lot of freedom for creativity

• Used Other for 2+ years

Great Tool For Attractive Animations

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

I have enjoyed making videos with Vyond, am very happy with the options available, and I have been able to present the videos I've wanted to make, not just 'settle' for some subpar options. Kudos to the software for providing as much customization as it does.

Pros

It is very simple to set a scene, and create animation that looks far more difficult to pull off than it is. It creates very dynamic scene possibilities that help get our message across in an attractive manner.

Cons

Sometimes getting a quick playback of scenes to check syncing without rendering out the entire video made the process longer than I would have liked, but over all it was still a good experience.

Response from GoAnimate

Thank you for the review! We are happy to know you're enjoying Vyond. Feel free to reach out anytime to [email protected] or use our chat feature on the lower-left corner of our site. We will look into any issue, like a slowdown, and will work on improving overall performance for you.

Use this tool instead of hiring a videographer

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

I wish there were more options with the graphics. I feel like I can tell when a video was made with Vyond because all their designs are the same. Other than that, this is a major win for SMBs. Instead of having to hire someone to create videos, the platform is simple enough that anyone can build a video on it. So it definitely will save you money in the long run, especially if you only need a few videos. Videos is the best way to connect with customers, so it's becoming more of a necessity these days. It's worth the investment.

Pros

It's easy to use and you can build pretty much any animated video you need.

Cons

It does look very generic and I think it's easy to identify as a Vyond video.

• Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

It's now easy to make videos

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Overall I enjoyed making videos in Vyond. It has been a great experience and enhances the learning experience even more. I'm really excited about creating videos for learning.

Pros

I am not very creative at creating beautiful training content, however, Vyond made it so easy for me to create a really awesome video. It has so many options to chose from, it's incredible. The feature I liked the most was the lips movements linked to the recording sound you use. It really makes it tailored to what you need.

Cons

I didn't like that some basic poses don't exist. However, what it does have is pretty much what you need.

Response from GoAnimate

Thank you for your review. Please let us know what poses are missing. We add new content to the studio every three weeks. Please send feedback to [email protected] and I can share your needs with our product team.

Cassie C.

Great for Beginner or Advanced Video Makers

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

Pros

I have never made a video before, and Vyond is fairly easy to understand and make videos with. Their templates and backgrounds with animations already included help a lot. They also have more features and funtionality that someone with more experience would be able to use to make amazing videos.

Cons

The only bad thing that may start happening is that people can notice the characters and animations made in Vyond, which doesn't help our brand stand out. If we can make custom characters and request them to make certain ones for us for more money, that'd be a great addition.

Jaime S.

Now I can quickly put an idea into motion!

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

Pros

Vyond is a great tool for creating visual storyboards. While it's not a true replacement for motion graphics, the simple UI allows for anyone to quickly and easily create a simple video explainer without spending thousands of dollars for a professional animator. I also like how you can import your own assets. The tool is surprisingly flexible.

Cons

I wish there were more assets to choose from. I would love for there to be more of a community around creating assets and visual styles to choose from. For example, creating isometric videos in 3D would be cool.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Animated Videos made Quick and Easy!

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

I used this software to create engaging animated video's for various business requests.

Pros

The feature i enjoyed the most is the timeline that allows me to view without having to leave the editor page. I that the developers of the software take their user feedback and recommendations into account when rolling out updates.

Cons

Its not much of an issue, but if a desktop application can be developed that will allow me to save an offline copy of the project and not rely to much on the internet.

• Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Create your own videos in no time

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

I'm very satisfied specially because it is very easy to export the videos and play them during training and for communication in my operational floor

Pros

I love it! The feature I love the most is that you can use a recording and the animations lips move along with the audio you use. All the things you can create with characters makes it Soo much fun. Another thing I like is that it has predetermined scenery which makes it really easy when you have to create videos fast.

Cons

In my organization there are many people using vyond for training updates. I wish I could put a password in the folder where I store my videos.

Response from GoAnimate

Thank you for your review. We appreciate having you as a customer. I've shared your request for password-protected folder with our product development team.