Loom

Video making solution facilitating workplace communication

• Industry: Sports

Better than Vidyard

Reviewed on 2021/03/07

Loom has been a great alternative to Vidyard. It also provides a team environment so reps can share and have access to videos that may be of use to everyone, this saves multiple people recreating a similar video (e.g. a quick product demo or answer to user FAQ)

Pros

Loom has a far better UX than Vidyard and has a little bit more functionality. The chrome extension is perfect for quick access and there are some great post-record editing options that free version of Vidyard does not have.

Cons

Like anything there's a paywall, if it's something we use enough internally and externally as a sales team it may be worth some investment but for the most part the free version could be enough for basic use.

Mark S.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Like Loom but Prefer Clapboard

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

overall Loom is a good product have no bad things to say about it, I again just prefer a cheaper alternative that gets the same job done as Loom

Pros

I like Loom but ClapBoard seemed to do everything loom does and its more inexpensive, so thats always a goood thing for me.

Cons

price only other than that its a good product I must say

Jeff S.
  • Industry: Higher Education

I Love This Application

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

Application, add-in, software, Life-changing thingy . . . call it what you will, Loom has changed my life and could very well yours, too. I'm serious. I use Loom not only for teaching, which has made a huge difference in my effectiveness--especially with online teaching, but also for communication with any number of people in my role as a Dean in higher education. People actually think I know what I'm talking about and think that I'm effective when all I do is use Loom. Very few products or services are this user friendly and this consequential in delivering on outcomes that matter. Use Loom; you won't regret it, and it might just change your life.

Pros

Ease of Use; functionality to organize videos online; length of videos even in the free version.

Cons

That you have to pay to get premium features, now (they used to be revolutionary in that you didn't have to pay for it) and that unlike Jing, you can't just drag and capture whatever you want--it's either your screen of the application in you're in.

Connie S.
  • Industry: Higher Education

A GREAT product for screen capture and demonstrations

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

I am responsible for instructing faculty on how to use software - the Loom system allows me to 'show and tell' via video how to do various things, how to solve problems, etc. Many faculty tell me they keep my loom videos and refer to them later.

Pros

There is a lot I like about this software - it's ease of use, it's library of my saved files, the option to download the video into .mp4 format to name a few. I like that I can rename the videos, that I can paste the link and have it play when my recipients click the link. I like the options to use screen only, static picture of myself, or video of myself in the corner while doing the demonstration. I also like the 'desktop' option for screencapture so if my video crosses programs I can have it on the same video!

Cons

The one thing I would really like is a 'screen shot' option. I currently need to use another program for screenshots that allow me to take a screenshot, draw arrows and circles, and captions. Since Loom is only video I need to use both programs....but Loom is so great, I don't mind the hassle.

Melissa G.

Virtual Schooling Tool!

Reviewed on 2020/01/23

My overall experience has been awesome. I have never had a bad experience. The videos always work. I have used them for all kinds of things, from working with students to showing parents where to find important forms to fill out to training, etc. I cannot imagine going back to my job without Loom! Any chance I get, I spread the word as well!

Pros

I love that I can show a student, teacher, or state department liaison what I am working on and exactly what my question is. This saves an insane amount of time during my work week. I love that it is so easy to grab my recording with a link. I am not sure if all, but most of the teachers at my school are using this tool now, after I did a demonstration at our back to school meeting in August. We are a virtual school and this is such a valuable tool for all subject areas.

Cons

I wish we had more than 100 free videos, but I understand the reasoning behind this. I wish there was a special package for educators. This is such a great tool to help us teach students and teachers get so little discounts as it is.

• Industry: Music

Loom Makes Screencasts Easy

Reviewed on 2020/01/23

Pros

Loom is my go to when it comes to quick/easy screen captures. Working in a support environment there is only so much written text can do for an end user trying to solve a solution. In some situations it is warranted but by having a video walk through our end users can keep it to revisit for themselves or other staff that run into the same issues.

Cons

The Chrome Plugin has acted up on me a few times, but removing and reinstalling it typically always solves it.

Zach D.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Loom Review - Zach Dillon

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Pros

Loom makes it super simple to capture the needed information and share it effortlessly with my team and the end customer. I deal with complicated 3D models on a daily basis and I have found that making videos to let the customer see their digital model while I walk them through it is the easiest and most effective way for me to communicate with them. They also get a sense that they are getting special care with a video customized to their needs and questions.

Cons

If I have to say anything negative about this service it it would be that slow internet connections can hinder the speed and fluidity of working with this tool.

Ty K.

Couldn't Run My Remote Company Without It

Reviewed on 2020/01/23

Pros

The ability to explain and have the human touch with my employees and customers from anywhere at anytime. Having tech to shoot a quick video over typing out a long email is invaluable. I also love the ability to shoot a video while I'm able to show my screen as it's really important for me!

Cons

Honestly nothing I really love the product and use it all the time.

Jennifer F.

Education

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Pros

I love that it is easy for me to record my lessons and my students to get access to the link. I also love that it is all stored through Loom

Cons

I think it is difficult to cut the video.

Henry G.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Loom is better than other providers

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Pros

Easy to use. There are trimming tools. The best feature I like is that the URL is generated IMMEDIATELY

Cons

The stand-alone software is a little buggy.

Raul G.

Incredibly useful

Reviewed on 2021/02/26

Lovely, i love it and recommend it to colleagues because they made recording and sharing a video a breeze.

Pros

I use it to record video sales letters, quick videos for my clients on board and it is really a good useful tool, recording and sharing a video makes it so easy.

Cons

Sometimes it may crash itself but im sure it will be fixed soon, other than that i do not think it has any other problems.

Laura A.

Worth the buy!

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Makes communication a lot easier!

Pros

You can easily record your videos, re-do them quickly if you make a mistake, there are options to edit the video like trimming them. Great way to communicate with staff and clients!

Cons

No complaints at all. Very easy to use, highly recommend!

• Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

A Fantastic Time Saving Tool

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

A brilliant tool that is a must-have. Very satisfied with the product and happy to recommend.

Pros

Loom is exceptionally easy to use and great way to communicate with others. I love how much time it saves me.

Cons

Sometimes, Loom can be slow when jumping through a video

Dallas M.

Loom is a great tool to record your screen!

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

Loom has helped me many times get quick, or long detailed videos to customers and prospects, and the process is easy.

Pros

I have used loom to record my screen and audio to create a tutorial of sorts to send to customers, and I have made maybe 50 different quick videos. It has always functioned well, very simple and basic, which I like, nothing overwhelming, but it just works. You can also overlay your webcam and record yourself along with the video if needed.

Cons

I could make do with some more features maybe while recording, but for the most part I was satisfied with what I was able to accomplish.

Bradley V.

Next level of walkie-talkie

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Pros

How easy and fast is to convey an idea to another person.

Cons

Nothing so far! We look forward to a team library option in the future.

Bobby B.

The Best Screenshare Video Tool, Period

Reviewed on 2020/01/23

Pros

It's super easy to use. Compared to some other ones, you can easily record and send a share link in just a couple of clicks. It makes it easy to quickly record a video when you're in a rush and cramped on time.

Cons

The only downside is the free version has a limited amount of videos you can record. It requires you to constantly delete old videos you don't need anymore.

Ty M.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Loom is almost too easy

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

Pros

It helps me communicate complex ideas quickly. Super important for remote teams.

Cons

I wish they had the url loom.com. That’s be cooler.

Christiane D.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Very easy to use if you want to record training sessions

Reviewed on 2021/04/03

Overall product is good, and at this moment it's the best product we found, it's very easy to use, and it makes fun to record vídeos and they look good. I would like to see more options while editing the video, but overall the product is great.

Pros

It's very easy to use and they have good options, as record the screen, or record screen voice and face, or record screen and face. It's very intuitive and has a beautiful design.

Cons

I would like to have more features while editing the video, as for example adding text to the video.

Ramiro S.
  • Industry: Food Production

Capture any moment on your screen

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

I have been using Loom and it came in handy especially when i needed to troubleshoot bugs in an application i could clearly show the bug and explain what is happening in the video.

Pros

The ability and simplicity of capturing a time on your screen and being able to record to it to explain a process, as well as being able to select which screen you wish to capture if you have multiple screens.

Cons

There really isn't much to say bad about the software as it provides necessary tools needed to be able to troubleshoot.

Kevin C.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Awesome app for quick communication via video sharing

Reviewed on 2019/12/08

Loom is a critical tool in communicating. It's easy and quick to use and it mitigates the risk of mis-interpreted text-based conversations.

Pros

Loom is exceptionally easy to use. It allows the user to choose which screen to record. It also enables the users to select how they'd like to be recorded (i.e. with a camera on / off, etc.). Loom is incredibly helpful for communicating quick ideas that would otherwise require a series of screenshots.

One of my favorite parts of Loom is that it provides analytics around how many times a video has been viewed. This is helpful as it essentially acts as a "receipt".

Cons

There are not really any issues with the exception that at times the application can be a little bit glitchy. However, this is minimally disruptive and I'd expect the engineering team to address these issues as Loom matures.

Rosa G.

So easy to use!

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

Pros

I can quickly record something and share it in seconds. This has helped me quickly communicate and resolve issues.

Cons

I don't like that it defaults to showing video and having your microphone on when you use it for the first time in awhile. It would be great if I could default those settings.

Dan N.
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A great way to train your team

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

I needed a screen sharing tool to record my processes so that I could start training my team. Loom is the perfect tool to record and share.

Pros

This software is super easy to use; just click a few buttons and you're off recording your screen. This is a great way to document your processes and train your staff.

Cons

Sometimes it's a little buggy and crashes my system, so I'm not sure it recorded and I have to record all over again. But the pros outweighs the cons and you should use try this software to see if you like it.

Shekhar S.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

An easy to use product with great results

Reviewed on 2020/02/14

I am extremely pleased with how simple it has been to use Loom. I've been able to record videos that can be quickly shared with the teammates. I love it!

Pros

The best feature is that Loom is a Google extension that can record right from your web browser and then copy link and share. This is great because it is very simple to share it out or give someone access to this recording.

Cons

Sometimes when pausing recordings for seconds, it stops working :(

Derek N.

Awesome video tool!

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

A fun and different way to record a variety of videos.

Pros

This is a great tool to record a variety of videos that you can edit right away and send off to people.

Cons

Nothing really. Easy to use and gave you plenty of options on how you want to publish and secure your videos.

Skye B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Fantastic

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Pros

Loom makes my job so much easier and I've been able to use it in my personal life as well helping out friends and family members.

Cons

Having to turn OFF the mic and photo - it would be nice is OFF were the automatic setting