SupplyPro

Construction management platform for builders and suppliers.

Daniel M.

Overly cumbersome, too much information, UI is not friendly.

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

Pros

I can submit my invoices without mailing. It saves me a stamp and paper. I like getting the emails when a PO is approved.

Cons

First you have to go into EACH PO to update information. You should have the option to make mass updates from the main page. Going into each one is time consuming. The 24 hour delay to enter invoice info is pointless. In many cases my work has been done for AT LEAST a week. I have to pull teeth to get the PO and then when I get it, I have to go back in and submit a second time. I also don't like how you can't see which invoices have been submitted and which have not without going into each one. I called customer support and told him my logic of the work flow process it should follow. Instead he cut me off, was extremely condescending and took time to explain the "work around" to make the software work the right way. Why don't you just make it work the right way in the first place? The cost is too much for what it does. It might save me a stamp and paper but realistically, the time added is not likely worth it. I also would like to be able to see what is not currently available for me to invoice from the main page. The only way I can see this now is to click into each invoice which is again, time consuming.

Response from Hyphen Solutions

Mr. Moore,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced within SupplyPro. We strive to continually improve our products as we are committed to providing you the best tools. I have contacted our Support team and someone should reach out to you soon to further assist you.

Reme Miah
Assistant Director of Marketing

Brandi J.

Does what it is supposed to do.

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

Overall, supplypro helps keep us organized. it helps out collect and send payments and it is easy to use but could be easier on the eyes.

Pros

I like that Supplypro allows you to filter for each trade, builder and for warranty, EPOs and scheduling. This makes it easy to stay organized. It is also easy to close out work orders after they are completed as it notifies both our team and any others we are working with to close requests.

Cons

Visually Supplypro could be more friendly. it seems outdated at first glance and it is a bit of a downfall for an otherwise nice program.

Jennifer M.
  • Industry: Building Materials

the system was a little confusing to navigate.

Reviewed on 2018/07/11

we were able to expedite our billing process in a timely manner, as opposed to waiting for the construction managers to send us the documents.

Pros

i was able to get the documents needed to expedite my billing process in a timely manner, and i didn't have to wait on the document to come from someone else.

Cons

hard to navigate and confusing. we didn't really find the need to continue to pay for the subscription because we were not using it often enough. the work volume slowed down from the builder. there should be an option of payment for people who only use it occasionally.

Philip K.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Very detailed information that can be used for a multitude of things.

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Ability to pay rebates to builder in a quicker fashion.

Pros

Ability to gain insights into builder buying metrics. Can take information to help builders with rebates.

Cons

Purchase order information can sometimes be a little messy and require clean up. Ability to synthesize data could be more user friendly.

Barb H.

Payment and completed task issues

I have been with Hyphen for 12yrs and love it

Pros

very easy to schedule, very easy to find houses and tasks related to house. and schedule out.

Cons

Right now there has been an update that took away a good quality in billing that was very helpful before....we used to be able to look at an address and see an EPO and see that it had been paid under the history tab but now it doesn't show that on Supplypro side...it shows it still outstanding but on Buildpro side it shows paid and gives the history of the check as well as regular tasks...not sure what changed but we try to follow up on tasks and their payment and it doesn't show complete all the time on the supplypro side and we call the builder and they have to show us screen shots of the payment either coming or that it has already come.

Stephanie A.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Pros

Hyphen is by far the best software product on the market for home building/construction for scheduling. The scheduling aspect of the software is awesome. Easy to learn and love that you can see the job history and write notes.

Cons

Do not like how the billing is determined. You get charged for every p.o. in Hyphen even if the p.o.'s are wrong or zeroed out or even get charged if we are not doing any product. We have issues with the builders dollar amounts and p.o.'s get added in so we get charged for every single p.o. and there could be a lot of separate p.o.'s for each house. This really adds up over time. SO the more p.o.'s you have the more you get billed. Should be billed per house NOT per p.o.

Subcontractors - Another Software to Maintain in Addition to Your Own

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

The benefits we have realized are that we have access to start documents and purchase orders for a good number of our Builders in one centralized location, for a fee.

Pros

I like that most times I can find POs that we are looking for. I may have to search in more than one location to find them, but usually can find them.

Cons

I least like the fact that we are asked to maintain/update our job schedules on this website for Builders in addition to our own internal software. I also don't like the add-ons Supplypro has allowed for Builders that bypass notifications from being emailed out that a change has been uploaded. Subcontractors must check every open job every day for the duration of the job (which can be up to a year in length) to check for changes when Builders are allowed to bypass the New Documents uploaded process. And lastly, that we must sign up for a Hyphen account so that we can get billed by Hyphen for every PO a Builder issues to us.

Brandi S.

gets the jobs done. helpful in connecting the office to the field

Reviewed on 2018/02/01

easy for the field and office to use for scheduling and receiving /sending payments!

Pros

communication is great! you can filter between each service and receive notification emails for when something is complete or ready to schedule. you can even turn off email notifications and just log into the software.

Cons

the separating of emails from each service is impossible and makes for a lot of "junk" mail. it seems that this feature "numbs" the receiver to the urgency of the issues and it becomes to routine to delete the messages rather than open them .

Christina M.

Makes job processing so much easier

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

Searching for jobs, obtaining PO's, seeing schedule dates, etc etc...…. so simple and easy

Pros

So easy to use and everything is available on one site.

Cons

I have no complaints. This tool makes the process for our industry run so much smoother.

Kimberly L.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

SupplyPro

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Our company uses SupplyPro to view, create and dispatch safety work orders.

Pros

SupplyPro is easy to navigate. Users are informed in advance on blocked dates or hours during software upgrades or updates.

Cons

The overall visual layout of the main page could benefit from an upgrade.

Suppy Pro ease

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

prevents us from billing before the work is completed which in turns with prompt payments.

Pros

clear precise information that you can sort many different ways. You can also use the note field to communicate back and forth.

Cons

you can't print more than one builder completion notice at a time.

John D.

Supply Pro scheduling review

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

I'd say that the business problem that we are solving with this is a good band of communication with our builder customers and what their schedules are. In that regard, I think it is good. We need some assistance in how to use it better to coincide with our internal systems.

Pros

The fact that many of our customers are using it is a big positive.

Cons

According to my users, it doesn't have much functionality with regard to downloading information from the site into a spreadsheet or document of some kind that will then allow us to sort the information the way that we want it.
This could also be a byproduct of us not knowing best practice on how to use the program as well.

Response from Hyphen Solutions

John,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced within SupplyPro. We strive to continually improve our products as we are committed to providing you the best tools. Please contact our Support team at your earliest convenience and we will be more than happy to review which reports can be exported into a spreadsheet. Thank you!

Reme Miah
Assistant Director of Marketing

Chanda D.

The program is only as good as both users

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Pros

The ability to track work orders and submit from one platform. Also the reports are helpful. The ability to add notes to the job is also nice

Cons

No accountability with the company that sends work orders. expensive for the sub-contractor.

Jeremy F.

A must have

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Pros

we get paid by the builders using the system so thats good

Cons

seems like since we're forced to use the system the development is focused on builders not on vendors

Emily F.

Easy and efficient!

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

Overall, I have used SupplyPro with 2 companies I've worked at, and I am always satisfied. It's easy to use, keeps you accountable, and I would recommend.

Pros

The best part of supply pro, from the office standpoint, is the accountability. You can see who requested an order/when, so there is less finger-pointing if something gets missed.

Cons

Company-wide use makes it difficult to keep track of which orders come in. If another department accepts a task that is not theirs, there is a chance it can get missed.

Sabrina T.

Functional and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Pros

Functional and easy to use. Daily task organized and easy completed. Calendar easily incorporated. Simple user interface and job communication tools.

Cons

Not enough exporting capabilities. Would like to sync with QuickBooks. Or export completed task to excel so that I can better keep payment records.

Anna M.

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

We have used SupplyPro for years and we have liked its functionality compared to other similar programs out there.

Pros

Having the ability to see POs in real time and being able to request changes while adding notes that are kept for future reference.

Cons

Check remittance is not very detailed at times depending on the builder.

Ease of Use and Good Functionality

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

The communication capability has been a game changer for me personally. I step into this role a few months ago it was apparent that it was not being communicate timely when POs and EPOs used and there was a lot of POs and EPOs being used for multiple tasks. The Suppliers order number feature as well as the Notes feature have been instrumental in combating that issue.

Pros

My favorite feature is the notation feature. For the accounting side of the house, it is important to be able to communicate with builders about POs and EPOS that are no longer available. In the past, our department has had problems with Builders attempting to re-use POs and EPOs that were used in the past for payment on other work. Also, this allows our department to better track when POs and EPOs are used for work other than what is listed on the PO. For example, using the PO for Lot 1's clean to pay for Lot 2's clean. This also gives me a way to better communicate with the scheduling team so they can see the exact information that the super was told about the PO or EPO in question.

Cons

I think there should be an option for Suppliers to send EPOs to the builders for approval instead of the builder always having to initiate this process. For our trade specifically, an EPO is truly something extra that the builder is requesting us to complete. It would streamline the accounting process if as suppliers we could start this process then we are not waiting as long for payment to be released. In our case, EPOs are not created timely by the super or not created at all. It would be helpful in those cases if we could help the process along instead of just sending an email to remind the builder.

Bob H.

Overall, SupplyPro has been a great tool.

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

It helps us get a grasp of our cash flow and builders.

Pros

I like the ease of using it and the many ways to find lots from the different builders. I also like the ease of signing the waivers for the different builders we do business with.

Cons

I wish there was a way I could access the lots according to the dollar amount of the job. This would make it easier if we do not have a lot of information about a particular lot.

Robert B.
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

User management

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Overall the benefits outweigh the management hassle. I am looking forward to integration with our order entry system.

Pros

PO delivery works great. Good for communicating with builders. Simplifies collections.

Cons

We have a large user base and large numbers of customers using supply pro. User and customer management does not scale well. When customers merge, I end up with dead accounts that will not go away. It can be cumbersome to manage users as they change accounts and/or quit using the system.

Response from Hyphen Solutions

Robert,

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from our current users as we strive to continue to enhance our products! Please feel free to reach out to us directly of ways we can improve our products at [email protected]

- The Hyphen Team

Shami A.

I find the UI clunky & unintuitive. The functionalities are mediocre at best.

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

The benefit we have in using this software is the ability to receive, makes notes, & mark complete the purchase orders we receive from our clients.

Pros

I like best the ability to receive purchase orders from clients online, without rummaging through emails to find them. I like that I can update the purchase orders with my notes & also send notes to whoever is on the other end.

Cons

I find the least attractive things about the software to be the rudimentary UI, lackluster functionality, & lack of value in its pricing.

Response from Hyphen Solutions

Ms. Aiwase,

Nikki H.

Helps Keeps Things Organized

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

Allows you to keep most things you need to know for a job in one place.

Pros

Easy to get started and includes many features that help keep jobs organized. Email reminders help us stay on track.

Cons

Would like to see a way to add notes to a job instead of a task. Some other features could be done better or streamlined but overall the system works as intended.

Nikki H.

Overall, this a great program and the easiest we use for this function.

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Access to job information, scheduling, payments, and other information that lets us stay organized.

Pros

Access to past and future orders, job information, and scheduling reasonably quickly. The Order Calendar is also very helpful.

Cons

Cannot export lists to Excel. Being able to do this with our "To Do Orders" would save us a lot of time and help in our planning process.

Emily F.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy to use, easy to train!

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Pros

I use SupplyPro for scheduling only, and it's very simple to maneuver, therefore making it very easy to train new employees how to use.

Cons

It can be a little tricky navigating the builder documents, there are a lot of dropdown menus to sort through.

Kathleen G.

Great tool

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

I have been working with Supply Pro for many years and I just love it.
Makes my job so much eaiser

Pros

user friendly, functional and easy assess to information that is needed

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. Everything works as it should.