Kennel Link

Kennel, daycare and grooming management software

4,7
4,7
4,5
4,8
4,8
Chris T.
Industry: Veterinary

Excellent product with out of the box ease of use!

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

We run our daily operation through KennelLink and have been for 10+ past years.

Pros

KennelLink is so user-friendly. It's intuitive with no learning curve.

Cons

It's not pretty and can appear outdated. However, this is not the case - as the product is maintained frequently and new features are often added. The simplistic look contributes to it's ease of use.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you so much for your review! We pride ourselves on the ease of use of our software. We are glad the current interface is working well, but we are also in the process of developing a more streamlined user interface that will have a more modern appearance.

Stace A.

We Love Kennel Link

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

We use the software for daycare, boarding and boutique items which may be purchased at the time the dog is boarding. It is so easy to use and easy to train new employees on.

Pros

We used a few other reservation systems before finding kennel link. The software is so easy to learn, the Kennel link team is fast in adding any additional feature we need. Compared to other software packages it is very reasonably priced

Cons

There isn't anything i dislike about Kennel Link

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate hearing that our hard work on the software has paid off. We designed the software so that it would be easy for everyone to learn. We are glad it's working for you!

Shelley R.

Functional, but lacking

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Kennel Link is basic dog daycare software. So if you are running a basic daycare, then this is the software for you

Pros

Overall, it is easy to use. And if you do make a mistake, these are usually easily fixed

Cons

I feel we dont have any customer support.
There are weird things happening in our system that we cannot account for.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We were unaware that you were have problems and regret that your experience with our customer support has been negative. We make every effort to offer the best customer service available. We would like to further discuss how we might better your experience. We will reach out to you via email to clear up these concerns. We are available 7 days a week, 365 days a year and would be happy to work with you on any issues you may have. Since you are an international customer, perhaps Skype is an option.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Andrey T.

Pet Boarding Made Easy

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

I am very happy with Kennel Link. I have used their program for the past 9 years and I couldn't imagine using anyone else. My employees and I use it on a daily basis and my entire business depends on it. Occasionally there were outages and Kennel Link was able to switch us to a back-up server without a glitch.

Pros

Prior to selecting Kennel Link I researched four other companies but found Kennel Link best suited for my company needs. The features that I was sold on:
1. Easy to use and to train my employees. It usually take me about 1 hour to train my new employees on how to use Kennel Link.
2. Web based. I and my wife are able to check the current or past status of what is going on at the kennel from anywhere in the world.
3. Single bill processing. Kennel Link is linked with the credit card processing, therefore I only need to process bill once. This feature avoids double-entry process, where I would have to record a bill and process credit card transaction separately.
4. Superb Customer Service. I called [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] or [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on weekends, on holidays if necessary and they always were very pleasant and accommodating in resolving any issues that I may have.
5. Functionality. I run a fairly small (up to 50 dogs/cats) boarding/day care business in a single location. The Kennel Link features completely fit all the needs that my business requires.

Cons

It's not a con, but more of a recommendation. It would be nice to have ability to sort/filter or arrange in ascending/descending order some of the reports. Currently I have to copy and paste those reports into Excel to analyze my client spending/location/services/etc.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you so much for your detailed review of Kennel Link. We are happy that the software is working so well for you! You can sort most reports by clicking on almost any column header ascending or descending. Hopefully this will help you organize reports in a more efficient manner. As you stated, we have a backup server that enables you to continue using Kennel Link in the event that issues arise with our primary server. This allows us to provide uninterrupted access to the software. We appreciate our long-standing relationship and look forward to working with you in years to come.

Tom K.

PupTown, LLC likes it...

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

It has run flawless since inception.

Pros

It was an easy conversion from a past program we had used. It is straight forward and presents things cleanly and professionally. I think I've called to get a few changes made and they were taken on in a positive manner. And, if I needed support I have always had a quick and understandable response. Previously we had a server based system. The cloud is failure free, fast and makes Kennel Link available on my phone too.
Being able to go back and edit the account/billing screens is very helpful when a mistake in billing occurs.

Cons

The main page user interface is a little clunky when you first start using the program. It would be nice to be allowed to hide certain selections to further streamline the home page. We do not use special services at all but it always shows up upon check-in. We'd like to make check-in and check-out as fast as possible. We have upwards of 60 dogs coming and going during peak morning and evening times ( 3 hr span each) which makes 1 transaction every 4 minutes.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for taking the time to review Kennel Link. I'm glad the system is working well for you and that our customer support team is meeting your expectations! We are currently working on a new customer interface that will hopefully make your experience with our software a better one. It should streamline functionality and give Kennel Link a more modern look.

Lesley W.
Industry: Retail

Kennel Link is FIVE STAR!

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

We are a Franchise Firm and Kennellink responds to new site set-ups in hours from the time they are notified that a new location is about to start up. I can't say enough about their Customer Support as being First Class! They know what I need and they deliver in seconds.

Pros

Kennellink is the easiest system to use in the Pet Industry. Pampered Paws has been with them for over 15 years, and we value their product very much and have made us stay on top of technology. Kennellink is very progressive and know what we need; even before we know we need it!

Customer Support is very strong and they respond to our needs in record time.

Our Corporate Accounting Firm wishes all their clients had a system as easy to work with at year end as we have.

I would recommend Kennellink and Kennellink only for the Pet Industry.

Cons

I do not have one complaint about the software! And that is a fact!

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for the glowing review! It's always nice to hear that we are exceeding your expectations. We work hard to satisfy our customers and are glad that our efforts are paying off.

Katybeth J.
Industry: Consumer Services

Kennel Link(s) us to out customers

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

Simple, dependable, strong communication and outstanding customer service. They offer what we need.

Pros

Camp Run A Pup has been using Kennel Link for over 10 years. We have space for about 50 dogs, both boarding and day camp. Kennel link fits are needs because it is simple to use. The customer service is extraordinary. And they keep updating and improving the software.

Cons

I'll admit it isn't the prettiest software out there, and it doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but those things aren't important to us. Customer service, improving and growing, and dependability are essential to us.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for your review. It's a pleasure to hear things are working well for you! We are working on a new customer interface that will hopefully give Kennel Link a more streamlined and "pretty" appearance. We look forward to serving you for years to come.

Katie F.

Kennel Link Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

It is a great value for what you get. :)

Pros

What I enjoy most about Kennel Link is the ease of use. Everything is very self explanatory on the website. When I have new employees start working they are up to speed on and have a basic knowledge of what to do within an hour. I love that I can view everything at any time.

Cons

I wish there was a way to block out specific times. Example: I am completely full with a dog LEAVING at 5pm but I have one ARRIVING at 8a. Kennel link will show that there is an available kennel when in fact it is not available til 5p and will let me book the kennel. Then we are overbooked. If there was a way to pop up that we are full until said time or some way to black out times so you know when you have a free kennel that would be amazing.

Also, if there would be a mobile friendly site or app, that would be amazing. I use my Samsung for everything and it is very difficult to access Kennellink on that screen for a website.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for taking the time to review Kennel Link. We are happy to hear that it is easy to use and meets your needs. Being web-based is one of our key selling points and we are glad that you enjoy this feature. We understand your concerns about overlapping reservations during check-in/check-out times. We will explore updating this process in future versions of Kennel Link.

Chelsea H.

Kennel Link for Camp

Reviewed on 2019/12/21

Kennel Link is a great program that my business uses on a daily basis. It helps us store information, organize our clients, and care for our campers. Whenever we need help with something, they are always there for us with a quick and helpful response.

Pros

Kennel Link helps us organize our clients and information in a helpful and useful way.

Cons

We would like to be able to send information to clients in a way the program does not allow, but to be fair, I have not taken the time to speak to them about this.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for your review. Overall, it sounds like Kennel Link is meeting your needs. That's great! We would, however, love to talk to you about how you can use Kennel Link to contact your customers. Without knowing the specifics, here are some ways you can keep in touch with your customers using Kennel Link.
Texting: You can text your customers automatically. Send them a text when they make a reservation, a few days before they arrive, or to remind them of expiring vaccinations.
Email: When a reservation is made, an automatic email can be sent. Reservation reminders can be emailed at your discretion. You can also email receipts from a customer's bill.
Mass email: We have an email list builder that allows you to send a mass email. You can use criteria like all grooming clients, campers from last week, or customers with upcoming reservations. The possibilities are endless!
Please call us and we'll fill you in on the details.

Jay ann Q.

Excellent

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

Excellent - love that everything is backed up securely by Kennellink on their secure servers. Accounting information totals literally take seconds to access for any time period from daily to yearly including past years.

Pros

I really love how responsive the people at Kennel Link are. They answer the phone and/or emails promptly and take care of any requests I have immediately. Very friendly and knowledgeable. The software is very comprehensive and easy to use. The new texting feature is awesome. The kiosk for credit card processing has more than tripled the amount of tips since it is quick and easy for customers to choose a percentage.

Cons

Can't think of any negatives at the moment

Response from Kennel Link

We appreciate your review of Kennel Link. We are happy that your experience has been positive! It is a pleasure working with you.

Dana M.

Meets all our needs!

Reviewed on 2020/01/03

I like the ease of using KL. I have tried out several other products and never found anything that met our needs better. They are constantly updating and upgrading the product also, and I've enjoyed watching the product evolve over the past twelve years.

Pros

I like the simplicity of this software. We do not utilize the more complicated functions because we are only a daycare and do not do boarding. This allows us to schedule 90 dogs per day for daycare, look at past history, and reserve dogs for upcoming days. We've been using this software for about twelve years. Every now and then I look into other products and have never found anything that suited our needs better.

Cons

The dogs each day are categorized by if they are morning, full day or afternoon and I wish they were just alphabetized.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for reviewing Kennel Link. We are glad that it is working so well for you! Regarding the daycare reports, you can alphabetize them by pet name or customer name just by clicking on the column header. Hopefully this will make the report more usable for you. Also, as you grow, we can add more daycare capacity at any time.

Sharon J.

Excellence

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

Anytime I need something a little different, they set it up for me. Always a good result with any problems

Pros

The support is ALWAYS there. Easy to use.

Cons

At first I didn't like the off site system, but that has turned out to be a plus.

Response from Kennel Link

We appreciate your review. We understand your initial concerns about our web-based solution but glad you have grown to like it. It makes it easy for you to manage your business from just about anywhere and also, if anything were to happen to your computer, all of your data is safe. Excellent customer support is a very high priority for us so we're happy that you have had good results with ours.

Andrea B.

A good choice for our business.

Reviewed on 2015/09/30

Pros:
Realistic demo - we appreciated the opportunity to create/edit/book real guests and reservations ourselves with real questions as to how to do it rather than a canned demo run through by an expert.
Easy to set up/learn - there aren't a lot of bells and whistles to try to maneuver around, just straightforward information, and when you get lost Cindy is a quick email away with (usually) a very quick answer back.
Quick download - we live in a rural area with tortoise-speed internet download. Our previous software (PawLoyalty) had a lot of graphics on each page and would freeze more often than not, just as a client was trying to check in or out. With KennelLink we have not had that problem even once. Sure, it's not as pretty, but who needs pretty when you have chaos lining up to check out?
LOTS of reports - enough to even satisfy an accountant-turned-kennel-owner.
Information easily accessible - each client and dog has just one page, so we can see everything about that animal in one step. Our previous software had back doors all over the place and different pages and it seemed like we could never find what we were looking for.
Cons:
Email - we still have not been able to get the email configured and did not get much help with it. That's pretty much the only frustration we have had with the software and customer service.
Daycare cards - we would like to not have to use the card system as it just doesn't fit quite right, but we have adapted and it's not a huge deal.
Invoices - A new invoice will start only when the balance is zeroed out. It would be nice if a new one would start at the beginning of each month, even if it showed a forwarding balance.
Credit card processing - it's just too expensive for our size of business compared with PayPal and a few other services that we can run through our smart phones. We would prefer to go through KennelLink, but not for that price. We do not have experience working with it due to the expense, so can't say how well it works.
Overall we are quite happy with our choice of switching to KennelLink. It is a simple, straightforward, thorough software and our complaints are minor. We definitely recommend it.

Cliff B.

Super Easy Software

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

Pros

Its so easy to use and customize things how our dog park and daycare need them. Its super straight forward and we have had a great time using it. cant wait to start adding our dogs pictures to it!

Cons

Not much to say for cons. It would be nice if a customers profile had a button to see there card history rather than backing out and going to card history and searching them. Maybe a flag or pop up if we start trying to add a new customer who has the same name, that way we don't fill everything out then find out the client is already there. Last thought was maybe a pop up if a dogs vaccinations are expired. I know it says it in red when you go to make a reservation, but a pop up might make it easier to catch.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that Kennel Link has been so easy to learn. Those are all excellent suggestions. Regarding your request for a flag or pop up when trying to add a customer with the same name, that functionality already exists. You should be getting an error that states "A customer with that first and last name, phone number or email already exists" and you are then given the option to go back or save the duplicate. Please call me if you don't see this message and we will diagnose and fix the problem. Also, we are currently working on a new customer interface which should streamline the functionality of the software. One other thing with our texting feature, you can notify customers ahead of time automatically when their vaccination expiration dates are about to expire. Please let me know if you'd like to try the texting module. Hopefully these improvements will give you a better experience.

Joaquin C.

Kennel Link Software

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

Pros

Kennel Link is web based, so the client database and software can be used while out of the business, or even on my smartphone

Cons

Boarding add-on services are not able to be edited by the end user as the other cards and options are, but the Kennel Link staff are very helpful and prompt in the rare case where we need to make adjustments to these.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for your review. We think that our web based solution is one of our best features because you can access it from anywhere with an internet connection. When we initially designed the software, we wanted to do all of the configuration for you so you didn't have to worry about it. That's why we take care of special services rather than making you do it. We're glad you are pleased with the response time of our customer support team and happy our software is working well for you.

Joe T.

Kennel Link is Awesome

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

Pros

I love how KL helps me keep all of my information in one place. It is essential to running my buisness and having all the client information I need at my fingertips is a great asset.

Cons

What I like the least is the amount of prompts and screens you must go through to do things within KL. It could benefit from being streamlined.

Response from Kennel Link

We appreciate your review. The goal of our software is to make running your business easier, so we are glad to hear that Kennel Link has worked well for you. We tried to design the software so that anyone could use it regardless of their experience with computers. That way, new employees can learn the ropes faster. That's why we guide you step by step through each process. We are currently working on a new customer interface that will hopefully make things more streamlined.

Maureen S.

Dog Boarding & Daycare

Reviewed on 2019/12/14

Easy to use for staff. Great customer service.

Pros

Reservation, Database and billing.....all in 1. Fabulously responsive Customer Service

Cons

Would like to be able to store signed customer contract with customer details. Would be nice to enable different credit card processors and pay stations.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for reviewing Kennel Link. We are pleased that our customer service is meeting your needs. Scanned customer contracts and vaccination records may be stored electronically using our DropBox module, eliminating the need to keep paper files. Perhaps you would be interested in trying this feature. Our records show that you recently received a new kiosk. If you are having trouble with it, please let us know as soon as possible so we can rectify the situation. We would be happy to help in any way we can.

Krystal P.

Mutterly Love

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Easily takes care of our grooming, daycare, training, and boarding needs.

Pros

Ease of use, Easy to train others to use, Great customer service

Cons

I wish we were able to combine accounts ourselves, also add and remove housing, just to save time not having to contact support to do it for us, but overall a great product

Response from Kennel Link

We appreciate your review. We are happy to hear that your employees are able to learn the software quickly. Combining accounts is actually a fairly complicated process that involves code within the software itself. That's why we need to take care of it for you. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We are glad that Kennel Link works well for you otherwise.

Jessica H.

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

This program is pretty simple to use vs other programs of the same industry.

Pros

It’s very simple to use and can’t be taught very quickly for new employees

Cons

It would’ve helpful to be able to undo a charge or day deduction in the daycare section. For example if you check a dog in a charge them by accident you can’t undo it, you have to delete everything then go and ad me a day back.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for your review. We're happy that your new employees are able to learn the software quickly. We understand your frustration with the inability to undo charging customers for daycare. We will consider that feature in future software updates.

Laurie B.

Kennel link has been the best Company to work with always willing to help in a very timely matter.

Reviewed on 2017/10/13

We get both Boarding and Grooming Schedule which is wonderful the other software on the markets mostly are for Grooming or just Boarding with this system we have the best of both worlds and could not be happier with it. The add bonus is the Staff is always so helpful and able to fix or answer anything you need. With a growing business that is worth tons!

Pros

The software is great for boarding and grooming its easy to use. Believe I did my research and look at almost all the Kennel software on the Market. Monthly fee is reasonable. Other software that you can own is great but the up grade charges on those systems is very costly. Over all this is a 5 Star Company.

Kristi P.

So helpful!

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

This software has really made a difference in our dog boarding/training business! It is incredibly easy to use and customer service is top notch! I have emailed questions and received answers back extremely quick!

Pros

Everything! It’s so easy to use and it does everything we need it to!

Cons

There honestly isn’t one thing I would take issue with.

Response from Kennel Link

We really appreciate your review. It's nice to hear that the software fits your business perfectly. It is also great that you are very happy with our customer support. We do our best to meet your needs.

Michelle I.

Amazing program

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

The team at Kennellink make it easy to expand my business and quickly hire/train new employees. Kennellink has grown with me from 1 location to 3 locations, with customized support.

Pros

Easy to train new employees. Easy to understand.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about this program.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for your kind words. It's good to hear that our efforts to make the software easy to use and learn are working! We are glad we have been able to support you as your business expands and look forward to helping you as you grow.

Amy D.

Dog Boarding, Daycare, and grooming at Deb's Doggercise

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Pros

I love how we can integrate online reservations into our website and how we can use it for boarding, daycare, grooming, and all the reports available

Cons

The billing can be confusing at times with the different

Response from Kennel Link

We appreciate your review. We're happy that our Public Access feature (online boarding reservations) is working well for you. We are sorry that the billing is confusing to you. We'd love to discuss it further with you and answer any questions you may have. 877-789-5465

Tommy K.

Excellent software and support

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

As a small business owner, kennellink makes it easy to enter information, make reservations and print bills

Pros

ease of use for barely computer illiterate users

Cons

nothing - it is excellent for our purposes

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for your glowing review! It's always nice to hear things are going smoothly. We have tried very hard to keep it easy to use so your employees can learn the software quickly. It sounds like we've achieved our goals with you!

Kelly B.

Once Upon A Tail

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

Pros

I like the groom schedule and the customer profiles

Cons

The daycare check in is confusing and very difficult to use

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for writing a review. We are glad the grooming schedule and customer profiles suit your needs. We are working on a new customer interface that will streamline the daycare check-in process. In the meantime, we would be happy to work with you to answer any questions you may have. Please give us a call at your convenience at 877-789-5465.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10