Kennel Link

Kennel, daycare and grooming management software

Stace A.

We Love Kennel Link

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

We use the software for daycare, boarding and boutique items which may be purchased at the time the dog is boarding. It is so easy to use and easy to train new employees on.

Pros

We used a few other reservation systems before finding kennel link. The software is so easy to learn, the Kennel link team is fast in adding any additional feature we need. Compared to other software packages it is very reasonably priced

Cons

There isn't anything i dislike about Kennel Link

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate hearing that our hard work on the software has paid off. We designed the software so that it would be easy for everyone to learn. We are glad it's working for you!

Shelley R.

Functional, but lacking

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Kennel Link is basic dog daycare software. So if you are running a basic daycare, then this is the software for you

Pros

Overall, it is easy to use. And if you do make a mistake, these are usually easily fixed

Cons

I feel we dont have any customer support.
There are weird things happening in our system that we cannot account for.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We were unaware that you were have problems and regret that your experience with our customer support has been negative. We make every effort to offer the best customer service available. We would like to further discuss how we might better your experience. We will reach out to you via email to clear up these concerns. We are available 7 days a week, 365 days a year and would be happy to work with you on any issues you may have. Since you are an international customer, perhaps Skype is an option.

Katie F.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Kennel Link Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

It is a great value for what you get. :)

Pros

What I enjoy most about Kennel Link is the ease of use. Everything is very self explanatory on the website. When I have new employees start working they are up to speed on and have a basic knowledge of what to do within an hour. I love that I can view everything at any time.

Cons

I wish there was a way to block out specific times. Example: I am completely full with a dog LEAVING at 5pm but I have one ARRIVING at 8a. Kennel link will show that there is an available kennel when in fact it is not available til 5p and will let me book the kennel. Then we are overbooked. If there was a way to pop up that we are full until said time or some way to black out times so you know when you have a free kennel that would be amazing.

Also, if there would be a mobile friendly site or app, that would be amazing. I use my Samsung for everything and it is very difficult to access Kennellink on that screen for a website.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for taking the time to review Kennel Link. We are happy to hear that it is easy to use and meets your needs. Being web-based is one of our key selling points and we are glad that you enjoy this feature. We understand your concerns about overlapping reservations during check-in/check-out times. We will explore updating this process in future versions of Kennel Link.

Dana M.

Meets all our needs!

Reviewed on 2020/01/03

I like the ease of using KL. I have tried out several other products and never found anything that met our needs better. They are constantly updating and upgrading the product also, and I've enjoyed watching the product evolve over the past twelve years.

Pros

I like the simplicity of this software. We do not utilize the more complicated functions because we are only a daycare and do not do boarding. This allows us to schedule 90 dogs per day for daycare, look at past history, and reserve dogs for upcoming days. We've been using this software for about twelve years. Every now and then I look into other products and have never found anything that suited our needs better.

Cons

The dogs each day are categorized by if they are morning, full day or afternoon and I wish they were just alphabetized.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for reviewing Kennel Link. We are glad that it is working so well for you! Regarding the daycare reports, you can alphabetize them by pet name or customer name just by clicking on the column header. Hopefully this will make the report more usable for you. Also, as you grow, we can add more daycare capacity at any time.

Sharon J.

Excellence

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

Anytime I need something a little different, they set it up for me. Always a good result with any problems

Pros

The support is ALWAYS there. Easy to use.

Cons

At first I didn't like the off site system, but that has turned out to be a plus.

Response from Kennel Link

We appreciate your review. We understand your initial concerns about our web-based solution but glad you have grown to like it. It makes it easy for you to manage your business from just about anywhere and also, if anything were to happen to your computer, all of your data is safe. Excellent customer support is a very high priority for us so we're happy that you have had good results with ours.

Delores H.
  • Industry: Animation

Lil Dee Tails

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

Its alot easier to pull up customers name than to go all the way through index cards and customers love the upgrade also.

Pros

I like how easy it is to run this program if I can do it anybody can do this program.

Cons

Theres really not anything I dont like about it

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for taking the time to review Kennel Link. We designed the software specifically so anyone could use it. We're glad it works for you!

Bruce M.

Fantastic Product

Reviewed on 2015/04/25

KennelLink offers both an outstanding product and customer service. Our kennel is a specialty resort, thus the canned products on the market don't come close to meeting our needs. Brad & Cindy have always been very responsive to our requests for customization to make it work for us. We primarily use the boarding option, but they also offer daycare & grooming options as well. The system is very intuitive and easy to use - and of course as it is web-based, you can access from anywhere in the world. Their servers are extremely reliable - we have been clients for many years and have never experienced an unplanned outage. The system also offers integrated credit card processing that works great
We highly recommend KennelLink!

Stephanie B.

Great Service

Reviewed on 2015/08/03

I have used the program for 4 years and it is very easy to get the hang of. Any time I've contacted the company I have received a swift response with instructions on how to do what I'm looking for, or a quick edit to tailor the program to our facility's needs. They are incredible! We are a very small facility, but I am betting this software would continue to work well for a large facility. The only thing we do that it doesn't cover is a training schedule, however they did add a category for us that allows us to sell 'training days' and enter them as day campers. It is a good enough work around for our needs! (And they did it quickly at our request, too!)

Paula G.

Couldn't be happier

Reviewed on 2015/04/16

This software is very easy to use and has everything I need for my dog daycare and boarding. I first ordered it because of the low cost but now I wouldn't have anything else. The customer service folks are patient with my dumb questions and quick to call me back if they can't talk right that minute. I even had one call me from her car on the way to work! I've used expensive and elaborate custom programs for two other kennels and I can't understand why anybody wants to mess with them when Kennel Link is a slam dunk.

Lorre L.

Easy to use, fits many different needs, great support system from the Kennl Link Company

Reviewed on 2015/08/01

Explored many different software companies when opening my kennel 6 years ago. Kennel Link was the perfect fit for my companies various services. The staff at Kennel Link are extremely helpful and quick to respond anytime you have a question or need. It is easy to train new people to use the program. Overall our experience has been top notch and would recommend to any new Kennel that needs a software program.

Jay ann Q.

Excellent

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

Excellent - love that everything is backed up securely by Kennellink on their secure servers. Accounting information totals literally take seconds to access for any time period from daily to yearly including past years.

Pros

I really love how responsive the people at Kennel Link are. They answer the phone and/or emails promptly and take care of any requests I have immediately. Very friendly and knowledgeable. The software is very comprehensive and easy to use. The new texting feature is awesome. The kiosk for credit card processing has more than tripled the amount of tips since it is quick and easy for customers to choose a percentage.

Cons

Can't think of any negatives at the moment

Response from Kennel Link

We appreciate your review of Kennel Link. We are happy that your experience has been positive! It is a pleasure working with you.

Cliff B.

Super Easy Software

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

Pros

Its so easy to use and customize things how our dog park and daycare need them. Its super straight forward and we have had a great time using it. cant wait to start adding our dogs pictures to it!

Cons

Not much to say for cons. It would be nice if a customers profile had a button to see there card history rather than backing out and going to card history and searching them. Maybe a flag or pop up if we start trying to add a new customer who has the same name, that way we don't fill everything out then find out the client is already there. Last thought was maybe a pop up if a dogs vaccinations are expired. I know it says it in red when you go to make a reservation, but a pop up might make it easier to catch.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that Kennel Link has been so easy to learn. Those are all excellent suggestions. Regarding your request for a flag or pop up when trying to add a customer with the same name, that functionality already exists. You should be getting an error that states "A customer with that first and last name, phone number or email already exists" and you are then given the option to go back or save the duplicate. Please call me if you don't see this message and we will diagnose and fix the problem. Also, we are currently working on a new customer interface which should streamline the functionality of the software. One other thing with our texting feature, you can notify customers ahead of time automatically when their vaccination expiration dates are about to expire. Please let me know if you'd like to try the texting module. Hopefully these improvements will give you a better experience.

Maureen S.

Dog Boarding & Daycare

Reviewed on 2019/12/14

Easy to use for staff. Great customer service.

Pros

Reservation, Database and billing.....all in 1. Fabulously responsive Customer Service

Cons

Would like to be able to store signed customer contract with customer details. Would be nice to enable different credit card processors and pay stations.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for reviewing Kennel Link. We are pleased that our customer service is meeting your needs. Scanned customer contracts and vaccination records may be stored electronically using our DropBox module, eliminating the need to keep paper files. Perhaps you would be interested in trying this feature. Our records show that you recently received a new kiosk. If you are having trouble with it, please let us know as soon as possible so we can rectify the situation. We would be happy to help in any way we can.

Michelle I.

Amazing program

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

The team at Kennellink make it easy to expand my business and quickly hire/train new employees. Kennellink has grown with me from 1 location to 3 locations, with customized support.

Pros

Easy to train new employees. Easy to understand.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about this program.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for your kind words. It's good to hear that our efforts to make the software easy to use and learn are working! We are glad we have been able to support you as your business expands and look forward to helping you as you grow.

Amy D.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Dog Boarding, Daycare, and grooming at Deb's Doggercise

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Pros

I love how we can integrate online reservations into our website and how we can use it for boarding, daycare, grooming, and all the reports available

Cons

The billing can be confusing at times with the different

Response from Kennel Link

We appreciate your review. We're happy that our Public Access feature (online boarding reservations) is working well for you. We are sorry that the billing is confusing to you. We'd love to discuss it further with you and answer any questions you may have. 877-789-5465

Tommy K.

Excellent software and support

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

As a small business owner, kennellink makes it easy to enter information, make reservations and print bills

Pros

ease of use for barely computer illiterate users

Cons

nothing - it is excellent for our purposes

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for your glowing review! It's always nice to hear things are going smoothly. We have tried very hard to keep it easy to use so your employees can learn the software quickly. It sounds like we've achieved our goals with you!

Nathan M.

We Love Kennel Link

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Very easy and employee friendly program that makes checking in and checking out client a breeze.

Pros

We love the new features that keep getting added, and most importantly the texting feature. We love being able to communicate with our clients over text message.

Cons

Wish there was a way for the customers to be able to schedule a room through a client portal and not have to call or text us. (similar to how a hotel does it)

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for your review. We believe that the texting feature will save our customers a lot of time and prevent no-shows. We are glad it is working for you. For online scheduling, we do offer our Public Access module that allows your customers to make boarding reservation requests online. We'd be happy to discuss this further and will contact you via email.

Beth Z.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Very Happy User

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Pros

Ease of use. Keeps track of all my customers, services and billing.
Very good technical support!

Cons

I do wish there were more options for service providers for taking payments.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for reviewing Kennel Link. We are pleased to hear that the software is easy for you to use and that our customer support satisfies your needs. We continually work with our card processor trying to improve our services.

Linda P.

Best Decision I Made When Starting Business

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

I have been 100% happy with this software.

Pros

I love that I can access the software from anywhere on earth.

Cons

Daycare checkout is a little confusing to new users.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for your review. We're so glad you are happy with Kennel Link! We are currently working on a new customer interface that will hopefully improve your experience with our Daycare module. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call.

Alice A.

Excellent Customer Service - Easy to Navigate

Reviewed on 2016/08/04

Woof City Pet Villa & Spa has used Kennel Link for 6 years now and have always had a good experience.

Pros

Excellent Customer Service
Easy, well thought out Program to Navigate
Great Interactive Demo

Cons

None really. If a breed isn't there, we call Kennel Link and they add it.

Bonnie B.

I have been using Kennel Link since 2003

Reviewed on 2015/04/15

The previous owner of my kennel was using Kennel Link when I bought the kennel. I kept the program and cannot say enough about it.

It is extremely easy to use. I tell my staff not to worry if they make a mistake because it is easy to correct. The program is really user friendly.

As for customer service, I cannot say enough. There has never been a time when I was having a problem - especially when I first bought my business -
that my e-mail or phone call to Kennel Link wasn't immediately returned and I was told how to fix whatever I was trying to do.

As far as I am concerned, its the only kennel program to use.

Robert T.

Kennellink is the best product of it's kind.

Reviewed on 2015/04/17

Kennellink is very easy to use, no major initial investment, monthly subscription, customizable to individual situations, grows with your business, practically zero down time, prompt and efficient customer service, easy for staff to learn, provides staff accountability, helps with most of my financial reports, keeps track of sales tax, I could go on and on! One of the best features is it's "in the cloud" so I can put in reservations, check schedules or check my numbers from my smart phone anywhere. I have an account for each of my businesses.

Sherry P.

My experience with Kennel Link has been absolutely wonderful.

Reviewed on 2015/04/15

We are a non-profit Senior Dog Sanctuary and we do short term care of dogs to earn the money to run the Sanctuary. I have been struggling for years to keep track of everything on an Excel spreadsheet. I was a little leery of getting a program but Kennel Link has been awesome. It has made my life so much easier.

The support is beyond excellent!!!

Joan C.

Great program

Reviewed on 2015/04/15

This is a great program and so user friendly. And the support team could not be better, every time I have a question or need to make changes, they either call or make changes, most times within an hour.

Chris T.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Excellent product with out of the box ease of use!

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

We run our daily operation through KennelLink and have been for 10+ past years.

Pros

KennelLink is so user-friendly. It's intuitive with no learning curve.

Cons

It's not pretty and can appear outdated. However, this is not the case - as the product is maintained frequently and new features are often added. The simplistic look contributes to it's ease of use.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you so much for your review! We pride ourselves on the ease of use of our software. We are glad the current interface is working well, but we are also in the process of developing a more streamlined user interface that will have a more modern appearance.