Rescue Hub

Training delivery and tracking solution for fire departments

Jon P.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Rescue Hub is a necessity!!!

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

This program has done a great job making it simple to identify upcoming required trainings. A quick snapshot of the calendar makes it easy to see who is on the schedule for trainings. The access to training files, and course documents is excellent.

Pros

Easy to track training. Simple to use. Easy to learn.

Cons

Difficult to access missed, or overdue training's. Occasional "rabbit holes" when going from requirement, to task.

Jennye C.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Rescue Hub has helped our department better track and organize training records.

Reviewed on 2018/01/23

Rescue Hub has allowed our department to keep better track of required training, reduce paperwork related to training, and has allowed us to upload and assign training to employees. It allows our employees to go to one location for training, Rescue Hub!

Pros

Rescue Hub comes with great customer support/service. We receive quick feedback and responses from Rescue Hub. We have been able to customize our page based on our needs.

RescueHub is a very user-friendly system for users. It allows for employees to quickly view what training has been assigned to them, what training has been completed, and what training still needs to be completed. It also allows for Training Officers and Supervisors to view what training is completed/incomplete by running a report on their training status.

From an administrative view, the overall functionality of adding built content to RescueHub for required training and assigning quarterly and annual tasks to firefighters is very straightforward. This includes adding videos, quizzes, PowerPoints, links to other websites, etc.

The calendar is easy to read. It has become a daily tool utilized by the BCs/Captains to view what training is scheduled or any upcoming training.

Attendance can be taken while a drill is occurring and people are showing up for drill and can be used from a smart phone.

Matt F.

Impressed.

Reviewed on 2020/01/11

Exceptional customer care.

Pros

This software is exactly the platform we needed to centralize records, education, and our training calendar. Very user-friendly for firefighters.

Cons

Nothing to comment. The software has been excellent. Our department is the first in Canada to use this software, so we went through all the “heavy lifting” to ensure privacy compliance. We completed a 6 month process of risk assessments and privacy assessments. Rescue Hub is now one of the few platforms like this that meets these strict requirements for Canada Privacy Security.

Deanna H.

Great training resource

Reviewed on 2019/11/01

Pros

Easy to use programs, scheduling, and training resources. Convenient to use on the computer or phone.

Cons

nothing- has been a great resource for all our training needs.

Tyler C.

Overall Great Tool

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

Good.

Pros

Easy to use message board that directly goes to your personal email as well.

Cons

Rescue Hub needs an app. It would be much easier for use on the road (which is most of the time).

Also, the first things that pops up should be the users schedule/messages/appointments. This is what most users care about. Going to "My Events" should be the home page.

Response from Dropkick Studios

Hi Tyler, thanks for your feedback, we definitely appreciate you letting us know about how we're doing. I like the idea of having a Rescue Hub app, it may be something we look at in the future. As for your other suggestion regarding what displays first, we'd probably have to make this a setting you could choose vs. making this the default thing that shows up for everyone. The Snohomish Training Academy uses Rescue Hub a little differently than a fire department does, so we'd want to make sure that any changes we make don't impact what they would need. If we end up making this change, we'll definitely let you know. Thanks again for your suggestion, we really appreciate it!

Kristopher G.
  • Industry: Think Tanks

Rescue Hub for Training and Tracking

Reviewed on 2019/02/14

Overall this product has helped to streamline training and tracking in a nice package that relatively intuitive and robust.

Pros

Provides a platform to post training and also to track the training which is very valuable for managers that need to know which personnel are completed.

Cons

Down time between clicks can be excessive.

Jaret V.

Great Program!

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

Pros

It’s organized, easy to use, and updates quickly.

Cons

I haven’t found an easy way to generate a report for myself.

Response from Dropkick Studios

Hi Jaret, thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it! There are a couple of different ways to generate a report for yourself, I'll email you directly with the details.

Tony M.

New Administrator Point of View

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

Rescue Hub is doing what it was advertised to do. We have many employees who cycle through different work hours and need access to training while also not having the tracking/recording of their training events be a barrier to an efficient training program. We've enjoyed bringing the system online this past month and the positive changes it has made in our ability to deliver and track training events for reporting later.

Pros

This software was easy to learn how to manage and I/we were able to get it up and running in a short period of time.

Cons

Most, if not all of the components I've had issues or questions with, the company has addressed or replied to my questions quickly. I really don't have any least about this software as they are making it better with customer feedback.

Alex F.

Great Product for Organizing Tasks

Reviewed on 2021/01/28

Very Stress free and very beneficial for keeping track of all my tasks to complete.

Pros

Rescue Hub organizes your work to do for you and I felt that it was really easy to keep track of how far along I am throughout the year.

Cons

There was not one thing that I didn't like about Rescue Hub

Brent W.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Great way to communicate with your team

Reviewed on 2020/08/14

Pros

Program allows for centralized location for information and scheduling

Cons

There are not really any negatives that I can think of

Gunter K.

So far very good!

Reviewed on 2021/03/07

Pros

Easy implementation, user friendly .
Accessible from all different devices.

Cons

Nothing so far. Need to work with it a few more months.

Jake H.

Rescue Hub Review; Jake Hepper

Reviewed on 2019/02/26

Organization and documentation.

Pros

I am still learning the software and the navigation of the program, but thus far, it has been a great "one stop" resource for training, certifications, evaluations, documentation, public education, and calendar organization. It allows me to review what is going on for the day or week, but also gives me the ability to plan months ahead and stay organized.

Cons

I have yet to find any major flaws and/or things I dislike about Rescue Hub. If I have any recommendations and/or ideas, I will be sure to advise the correct personnel of my thoughts.

Luke H.

Rescue Hub Review

Reviewed on 2020/05/24

Pros

Easy to use and the ability to track percentage of progress is beneficial and motivating.

Cons

I have no issues with the software so far.

Dawn C.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Getting some direction

Reviewed on 2020/10/05

(Continuing) "no uploads here". I'm even going under "staff"
4. Overall, I can't view entries and specifically documents. I am keeping my own records.
Some of the skills sheets are inaccurate for a given qtr (that may be related to our local people not entering the information).
I know I have dumped a lot on you. I have attempted to work with one of the people that was on the original team to bring in your product, but he is not totally understanding things so I thought I would reach out to you. I like the overall idea, I know I am missing some things. I am not a computer wiz but I am teachable. Your product could make the connections between districts, county, and state a really good thing. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. I hope I am not overwhelming your group. Thank you for your time. Sincerely, Dawn Cannizzaro, WCFD17

Pros

Keeping track of records all in one place allowing the County and State to in turn keep track of ongoing EMS training

Cons

This will be more of a general questioning and understanding communication note.
This program was introduced earlier this year as a way to have one central location for keeping track of ongoing continuing education for EMT's/First Responders in the fire service for Whatcom County. We also changed to a new online educational program as well for those required courses and skill trainings. This has been a bit overwhelming to get things up and running and to understand all the systems.
I would like to list some of the things I am running into that have made it difficult to enter in the needed data on each volunteer EMT.
1. Maybe the problem would be assisted if I were provided administrative access. In the process of this, that was missed. The original team is currently asking us to keep trying this new program, still not having it be the official resource yet.
2. Under overdue tasks, some of those tasks have been completed but it shows them still to be done. I do not find a way where I may view completed tasks. I must admit, I have had to obtain the access password for each EMT to try and enter their data. It is for the benefit of the dept. as well as each EMT to know what and what has not been completed for mandatory ongoing training. I must know where they are at for them to continue to go out in the field in answering 911 calls.
3.No way to easily view - if at all, the training and tasks completed. This is the core of what I need. I get to dead end screens

Joe B.

Good product

Reviewed on 2020/01/27

Pros

I like that I can schedule instructors and they can log into their account and see when they are working.
I like that I can link websites and files to each day.
I like that I can drag events around the calendar.

Cons

I would love it if I could double click on a day and it would automatically open a new event. In outlook, it is much simpler to add and delete events in the calendar. If you could make it work like outlook or google calendars it would be much more user friendly. I like the product though. Thanks!

Response from Dropkick Studios

Hi Joe, thanks for your review, we appreciate it! There is a way to create a new calendar event by selecting the time range and clicking the "new event" button. I'll contact you directly with the details.

William P.

User report

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

This system makes it very easy to keep track of not only my own training but my crews as well. No surprises at the end of the quarter.

Pros

This system makes it easy to log all of my training without having to look up codes or find external data for entry. If the instructor needs to enter the training it is easily done and if I need to it is just as easy. All of my information is available on the individual training entry so I know what I need to do to complete the training.

Cons

Making certain that the training I am viewing applies to me.

Tom F.

Rescue Hub 1828

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Useful for tracking training and availability of training sites.

Pros

Ease of use. Multiple calendars and layers of calendars.

Cons

Inability to clear tasks that don't pertain to me or reorder them without admin privilege's.

Response from Dropkick Studios

Hi Tom, thanks for your review we appreciate it! I'll get in touch with you and see if we can sort through what you referenced with tasks that aren't relevant or are out of order.

Mike J.

Tracking made easy

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Pros

It has made it easy to complete task books and evaluations. Tracking my crews progress on competing our training is easy too.

Cons

I have not had any problems, its organize and easy to follow, no complaints

Scott J.

End User

Reviewed on 2019/11/01

Pros

Seems easy to navigate. Also easy to upload documents to training files. I'm only an end user so I don't have any other knowledge as to how the admin side of it works.

Cons

Would like to be able to discard past due training items that are no longer relevant. I have something that always shows up in my to do training that is from 2017.

Rachel C.

Rescue Hub Review

Reviewed on 2020/04/17

This program is a major time-saver, it engages all employees and produces accurate compliance reporting. The feature to share instructional resources has been very helpful. I would highly recommend this program to any department of any size!

Pros

This software makes managing training, compliance and scheduling very easy! Rescue Hub has saved a lot of time for me and has made consistently reaching out to my team effortless.

Cons

I can honestly say I do not have a dislike. I am still learning the program and its potential.

Gary M.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Great time saver for the Chief, but helps out the members a whole lot also.

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

Trying to solve training tracking, which RescueHub has done, but it has been very helpful in providing training. It also allows the Firefighters to self-serve and track many training tasks that were previously very disjointed and manual.

Pros

Ease of use for members, able to offer up training that does not not require hands on, being able to run comprehensive reports on training progress.

Cons

At first I felt that the lack of a dedicated ap would be a hinderance but the UI seems to work pretty well. Would like to be able to get more report formats that we require, looks like that may be a WIP.

Jordan R.

Rescue Hub review

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

Pros

Easy to use, lots of different tools. Being able to look at the calendar for the whole department is a huge bonus so I can see what’s coming up. Easily track my progress is a great benefit.

Cons

So far I have not had any complaints about this product.

Duncan M.

Initial observations

Reviewed on 2020/05/29

Excellent working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], very helpful setting us up and solving issues.

Pros

Customer Service from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is great, very helpfull

Cons

Have not used enough yet to get that far

Mark W.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

When hard should be easy.

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

Poor

Pros

Works well if everything is straight forward

Cons

Very difficult to see what do cause the name don’t match up. Also can’t post over do certain.

Jason I.

By far the best training records and delivery system I have worked with.

Reviewed on 2017/11/28

Pros

Rescue Hub is very easy for firefighters to use. They login and all of their training requirements are listed. Once completed they self certify that the training is complete and it gets recorded. As a Training Officer I could login in and quickly check anyone's training records for completion. Additionally, I could quickly make training requirements and post training events. The calendar provides schedules, times, and locations for training events across our entire department. Rescue Hub has become an essential resource for training delivery in our department. Cust support provides immediate support for his product and it is extremely customizable.

Cons

Do date I do not have any issues with Rescue Hub. Most of the issues that we have experienced were related to difficulties with individual logins and getting people to participate daily. Rescue Hub has changed how we deliver training in our department so it has taken time for that adjustment. Any issues that we have had with the product have been fixed immediately and in most cases were more related to changes that we made as we developed the program.