Rescue Hub

Training delivery and tracking solution for fire departments

4,6
4,6
4,4
4,3
4,9
Jon P.
Industry: Public Safety

Rescue Hub is a necessity!!!

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

This program has done a great job making it simple to identify upcoming required trainings. A quick snapshot of the calendar makes it easy to see who is on the schedule for trainings. The access to training files, and course documents is excellent.

Pros

Easy to track training. Simple to use. Easy to learn.

Cons

Difficult to access missed, or overdue training's. Occasional "rabbit holes" when going from requirement, to task.

Jennye C.
Industry: Public Safety

Rescue Hub has helped our department better track and organize training records.

Reviewed on 2018/01/23

Rescue Hub has allowed our department to keep better track of required training, reduce paperwork related to training, and has allowed us to upload and assign training to employees. It allows our employees to go to one location for training, Rescue Hub!

Pros

Rescue Hub comes with great customer support/service. We receive quick feedback and responses from Rescue Hub. We have been able to customize our page based on our needs.

RescueHub is a very user-friendly system for users. It allows for employees to quickly view what training has been assigned to them, what training has been completed, and what training still needs to be completed. It also allows for Training Officers and Supervisors to view what training is completed/incomplete by running a report on their training status.

From an administrative view, the overall functionality of adding built content to RescueHub for required training and assigning quarterly and annual tasks to firefighters is very straightforward. This includes adding videos, quizzes, PowerPoints, links to other websites, etc.

The calendar is easy to read. It has become a daily tool utilized by the BCs/Captains to view what training is scheduled or any upcoming training.

Attendance can be taken while a drill is occurring and people are showing up for drill and can be used from a smart phone.

Matt W.

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

Pros

Easy to navigate. Great calendar, assigned training, and task menus. Report function is easy to use.

Cons

I would like to be able to delete overdue tasks that I will not be completing.

Dawn C.

Getting some direction

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/10/05

(Continuing) "no uploads here". I'm even going under "staff"
4. Overall, I can't view entries and specifically documents. I am keeping my own records.
Some of the skills sheets are inaccurate for a given qtr (that may be related to our local people not entering the information).
I know I have dumped a lot on you. I have attempted to work with one of the people that was on the original team to bring in your product, but he is not totally understanding things so I thought I would reach out to you. I like the overall idea, I know I am missing some things. I am not a computer wiz but I am teachable. Your product could make the connections between districts, county, and state a really good thing. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. I hope I am not overwhelming your group. Thank you for your time. Sincerely, Dawn Cannizzaro, WCFD17

Pros

Keeping track of records all in one place allowing the County and State to in turn keep track of ongoing EMS training

Cons

This will be more of a general questioning and understanding communication note.
This program was introduced earlier this year as a way to have one central location for keeping track of ongoing continuing education for EMT's/First Responders in the fire service for Whatcom County. We also changed to a new online educational program as well for those required courses and skill trainings. This has been a bit overwhelming to get things up and running and to understand all the systems.
I would like to list some of the things I am running into that have made it difficult to enter in the needed data on each volunteer EMT.
1. Maybe the problem would be assisted if I were provided administrative access. In the process of this, that was missed. The original team is currently asking us to keep trying this new program, still not having it be the official resource yet.
2. Under overdue tasks, some of those tasks have been completed but it shows them still to be done. I do not find a way where I may view completed tasks. I must admit, I have had to obtain the access password for each EMT to try and enter their data. It is for the benefit of the dept. as well as each EMT to know what and what has not been completed for mandatory ongoing training. I must know where they are at for them to continue to go out in the field in answering 911 calls.
3.No way to easily view - if at all, the training and tasks completed. This is the core of what I need. I get to dead end screens

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Drew T.

RescueHub

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

Pros

I appreciate being able to log all training with relative ease.

Cons

I don't find RescueHub particularly easy to navigate. It can be difficult to track down required training because required training is often found in different areas of the program. Also, some of the category headings/titles do not make much sense. Additionally you cannot edit or amend evals or training once you've logged it. Specifically this can be frustrating when you've entered an errant date.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Jason I.

By far the best training records and delivery system I have worked with.

Reviewed on 2017/11/28

Pros

Rescue Hub is very easy for firefighters to use. They login and all of their training requirements are listed. Once completed they self certify that the training is complete and it gets recorded. As a Training Officer I could login in and quickly check anyone's training records for completion. Additionally, I could quickly make training requirements and post training events. The calendar provides schedules, times, and locations for training events across our entire department. Rescue Hub has become an essential resource for training delivery in our department. Cust support provides immediate support for his product and it is extremely customizable.

Cons

Do date I do not have any issues with Rescue Hub. Most of the issues that we have experienced were related to difficulties with individual logins and getting people to participate daily. Rescue Hub has changed how we deliver training in our department so it has taken time for that adjustment. Any issues that we have had with the product have been fixed immediately and in most cases were more related to changes that we made as we developed the program.

Joe B.

Good product

Reviewed on 2020/01/27

Pros

I like that I can schedule instructors and they can log into their account and see when they are working.
I like that I can link websites and files to each day.
I like that I can drag events around the calendar.

Cons

I would love it if I could double click on a day and it would automatically open a new event. In outlook, it is much simpler to add and delete events in the calendar. If you could make it work like outlook or google calendars it would be much more user friendly. I like the product though. Thanks!

Response from Dropkick Studios

Hi Joe, thanks for your review, we appreciate it! There is a way to create a new calendar event by selecting the time range and clicking the "new event" button. I'll contact you directly with the details.

Tj K.
Industry: Government Administration

Easy to use and track training.

Reviewed on 2020/03/02

Our fire department has been using the platform to facilitate training for the last 3 years. It is well built to meet our needs which can vary greatly. The platform can handle scheduling, communication, distribution and tracking of all training for a large number of users. The UI is clean logical and easily conforms to various mobile devices. I highly recommended RescueHub to any organization that needs a robust platform for managing training within their workforce.

Pros

All in one features ie; Scheduling, communication, tracking, delivery of media for all types of training.

Cons

Haven't found any cons about the system.

Josh Y.

Great website

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

Pros

I liked how it was very simple to use for whatever task I had. It kept track of all of the training that I had to do, let me know if I different training coming up, shift schedule, and it had all of the necessary resources I need to complete my task book for my job. The website is very simple to use and not a lot of websites are that easy to navigate around. Great tool to have while at work!

Cons

I don't have any criticism towards the site, it met all of my expectations.

Scott W.
Industry: Public Safety

Ruscue Hub keeps our department organized!

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

Pros

Keeps all our training and classes in one centralized place and tracks completion of our assigned tasks!

Cons

Nothing, overall this software is hugely helpful!

Jeff N.

Fire Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/24

Good. I have recommended it to friend at another department to look into. He works at a police department, so I am not sure if Rescue Hub is an option for his department, but I think it would be a good fit. Contact me if you would like to know the department contact info.

Pros

Central location for training scheduling, documentation, and reference materials.

Cons

On the My Assigned Training menu/page, the bottom has a section called Requirements. I like this, because you can see what is done and what is incomplete, but two things frustrate me about it:
1) it takes a while to populate
2) you can click on a requirement/class/event/task and when it opens it does not show me when I completed this class. That would be a nice feature. I know I can pull a training report, but frequently I will get asked about when I did a class and it would be nice to access that information directly from that page.

Ryan P.

BFD Training Division

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

We are able to develop and deliver training in a way that is much more effective than ever before. We use Rescue Hub to track data and implement change as needed. We are looking forward to checking out the new "Task Books"!

Pros

We are able to customize content.

We have the ability to organize groups and training topics.

It is easy to assign Training.

Customer Service has been great.

Cons

Navigation can be cumbersome at times.

It seems there is some redundancy in building Training Requirements.

We aren't able to organize documents the way that we would like.

The software can be slow at times.

Response from Dropkick Studios

Ryan, thanks so much for your review, we appreciate it! We're taking a look at some of the pages that are running a little bit slow, and have made a couple of changes to help out with page load times and navigation since we last spoke.

Antonio R.

Rescue Hub Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

Overall the product has been very helpful in streamlining and tracking our training. I have had very few issues directly with the user end of the software that could not be easily solved.

Pros

Top pros include ease of getting training requirements from our training division to our members and the ability to track all entered training. In addition having one central place for storing training documentation is very helpful. The ability to have additional links to supplement the required training is also a great benefit.

Cons

Oftentimes the behind the scenes management of the product is a bit misunderstood. As I complete a training event and cannot self certify it will sit unchecked for some time and I don't know who is responsible for verifying my completion.

William P.

User report

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

This system makes it very easy to keep track of not only my own training but my crews as well. No surprises at the end of the quarter.

Pros

This system makes it easy to log all of my training without having to look up codes or find external data for entry. If the instructor needs to enter the training it is easily done and if I need to it is just as easy. All of my information is available on the individual training entry so I know what I need to do to complete the training.

Cons

Making certain that the training I am viewing applies to me.

Tyler C.

Overall Great Tool

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/07/08

Good.

Pros

Easy to use message board that directly goes to your personal email as well.

Cons

Rescue Hub needs an app. It would be much easier for use on the road (which is most of the time).

Also, the first things that pops up should be the users schedule/messages/appointments. This is what most users care about. Going to "My Events" should be the home page.

Response from Dropkick Studios

Hi Tyler, thanks for your feedback, we definitely appreciate you letting us know about how we're doing. I like the idea of having a Rescue Hub app, it may be something we look at in the future. As for your other suggestion regarding what displays first, we'd probably have to make this a setting you could choose vs. making this the default thing that shows up for everyone. The Snohomish Training Academy uses Rescue Hub a little differently than a fire department does, so we'd want to make sure that any changes we make don't impact what they would need. If we end up making this change, we'll definitely let you know. Thanks again for your suggestion, we really appreciate it!

Tom F.

Rescue Hub 1828

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Useful for tracking training and availability of training sites.

Pros

Ease of use. Multiple calendars and layers of calendars.

Cons

Inability to clear tasks that don't pertain to me or reorder them without admin privilege's.

Response from Dropkick Studios

Hi Tom, thanks for your review we appreciate it! I'll get in touch with you and see if we can sort through what you referenced with tasks that aren't relevant or are out of order.

Matt F.
Industry: E-Learning

Impressed.

Reviewed on 2020/01/11

Exceptional customer care.

Pros

This software is exactly the platform we needed to centralize records, education, and our training calendar. Very user-friendly for firefighters.

Cons

Nothing to comment. The software has been excellent. Our department is the first in Canada to use this software, so we went through all the “heavy lifting” to ensure privacy compliance. We completed a 6 month process of risk assessments and privacy assessments. Rescue Hub is now one of the few platforms like this that meets these strict requirements for Canada Privacy Security.

Kristopher G.
Industry: Think Tanks

Rescue Hub for Training and Tracking

Reviewed on 2019/02/14

Overall this product has helped to streamline training and tracking in a nice package that relatively intuitive and robust.

Pros

Provides a platform to post training and also to track the training which is very valuable for managers that need to know which personnel are completed.

Cons

Down time between clicks can be excessive.

Joe H.
Industry: Public Safety

Simple to use, flexible to the needs, excellent customer service!

Reviewed on 2017/11/23

Massive benefits to include but are not limited to; increased efficiency, video technology, enhance tracking, electronic training file storage.

Pros

What I love about RescueHub is the developer's passion to service our department specific needs. "No" was never really an answer, Customer service agent would find ways to make things work for us.

Cons

RescueHub has few if any flaws. Hyperlinking to a new to "tab" would increase efficiencies on the users end.

Jaret V.

Great Program!

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

Pros

It’s organized, easy to use, and updates quickly.

Cons

I haven’t found an easy way to generate a report for myself.

Response from Dropkick Studios

Hi Jaret, thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it! There are a couple of different ways to generate a report for yourself, I'll email you directly with the details.

Rob S.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Training access

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/06/26

Pros

Easy to see what my overdue training is. Thanks

Cons

I have been using your training platform for a while and frequently had to save the training items to my computer desk top before being able to open them. I have frequently forgotten to delete them. After a year of extra steps I learned that I should have been using explorer not chrome. My ask is that you make your program work in. Chrome the same way it does in explorer. Thanks

Response from Dropkick Studios

Hi Rob, thanks for your feedback, we definitely appreciate you reaching out to us. Some web browsers handle this differently than others, and unfortunately this is one aspect we don't have a lot of control over. We are looking to make some changes in how we handle files that open in another application (like PowerPoint), so that it opens directly in Rescue Hub instead of launching the application or just downloading the file. We know that the behavior you are describing is an annoyance, and we're looking to improve it. We'll definitely reach out to you once we've had a chance to address it. Thanks again, we appreciate your input in helping make Rescue Hub better!

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Steve V.
Industry: Public Safety

Rescue Hub its so easy too use

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

Pros

The program keeps track of my training per quarter. I know what needs to be done for what month and it tracks it when I have completed the training.
The design is easy to use. All I do is put the mouse icon on the training that I need to do, being a power point, a video or an on-line website it the item I want and it takes me to my training.

Cons

I have not encountered anything thing that I least like about the software.

Ray D.

Fire Captain

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

Very good experience with the support staff and the program itself.

Pros

It has a lot of features to allow us to build our own probationary manuals, daily, weekly and monthly trainings as needed. We can attach video, manuals and photos.

Cons

It takes some time to really learn how to use the program. I have had to spend some time looking around the program. But that being said the support has been great.

great product

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Great interaction with the entire team

Pros

Easy to use from all platforms, mobile, laptop etc. The email style service is awesome, without it we didn't have a way to communicate with each other

Cons

I don't have anything at this time its all good

Mike J.

Tracking made easy

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Pros

It has made it easy to complete task books and evaluations. Tracking my crews progress on competing our training is easy too.

Cons

I have not had any problems, its organize and easy to follow, no complaints