Vectera

Meeting room scheduling and video conferencing platform

Matthew J.

Zoom and GoToMeeting Serial Killers!

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

The team behind Vectera must have watched one too many episodes of Dexter, because they are on a murderous spree when it comes to killing off the big boys.
Okay, maybe everyone hasn't heard of Vectera (yet!) but they will and if and when they try out the product, they're going to be hooked and never look back (though they should definitely check the closet - they might be hiding in there!).

Pros

Whiteboard feature
Persistent Meetings
Whitelabeled landing page
Recordings
Cloud Storage Integrations
Scheduling
Private notes for meetings
Custom links to meeting rooms

The team behind the product

AND...

NO INSTALLATIONS OF ANY KIND! (It's nearly 2020, why do I need to download and install a risky package from the internet to video or voice chat someone...?)

Cons

Absolutely nothing. Everything is done so well. Anything that could be considered a nitpick gripe by someone I'm sure will be addressed, but this is a great product right now.

Metai L.

Great tool for teaching / consulting

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

It's great for teaching and coaching. I've been using it since early development, and the devs are great at updating it and making it work better. Overall, it's very reliable, and other than a few hickups that are usually connectivity or CPU problems, it's not had any bugs. Students find it easy to use, and I find it easy to refer them with a simple link. No fuss, no downloads, and it does everything I can think of needing for most classes or sessions. Before using Vectera, I used other solutions to digitally teach classes, and tried hosting my own server, but none of them matched up with how simple it is to use Vectera. Definitely recommended over facebook or Skype for teaching, more reliable, less fuss, the student doesn't have to download anything, and doesn't need to link into your private profiles. Great for both.

Pros

1) It's easy to use. A single, simple link holds all the material for a session with a student or client, no one else is going to drop in, all your info is always there, and it's easy to navigate also for people who've never used it before.

2) The variability in function. This thing does everything. It's call quality is good, vid quality is good, it lets you regulate quality even, it lets you write, do math, draw, screen share, browser share, chat ... one of the best things is that I don't have to go to yet another program to do yet another task. Vectera just about does it all.

3) The white boards. It's fantastic, not just for teaching courses but also for consulting. It almost functions as its own text editor. I cannot teach without scribbling on something, and Vectera's whiteboards let me do just that, especially when used in combination with a pen. Lines, figures, functions, adding in text, using colors, it's all no problem, and the student / client can download the scribble after.

Cons

It runs a bit heavy, and so tends to pull a lot of CPU from my computer. For a simple convo it's good but for heavy use it pulls too much. It means people with slow computers or poor network have some trouble.

Aaron O.

Great video conference software!

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Great product! We use it everyday and it has helped us to maintain great relationships with our clients.

Pros

Easiness to create and start a meeting room.

Cons

Interface it's a bit outdated and connection is not always good.

Ed F.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Excellent Tool for Coaches

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

Their support is excellent. They actually read the reviews after a session. They are a sharp group.

Pros

I like it simple to implement. Send people a link and they have no frustrations downloading some other software and getting them to work. The client comes calm and ready instead of upset and anxious. I like the board to draw on.

Cons

I wished connections were more consistent but Im not sure they can do much about that. Overall the connection is consistently great. I would like a floating note taking feature.

Adam H.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Video communication made easy

Reviewed on 2020/01/31

Vectera is my tool of choice for all my online meetings.
Read my personal review here https://shor.by/Video-communication-conference-rooms
I choose Vectera for any live conference call, to schedule all my appointments, and the best part...? Many people choose different tools based on their own preference and needs, right? ... This is the one you will absolutely love and what made me go for it is the "works without any install or download" you can focus on your actual meeting instead of struggling setting up the software you might want to use.

It simply works!

"Forget any installation or download! It simply works!"

Pros

- No install or download needed!
- Great support.
- Peer to peer / not 3rd party dependent!
- Privacy oriented.
- Ease of use anywhere from any device.
- Persistent meeting rooms (when/if needed)
- Share, co-browse, annotate, whiteboards.
- Customizable
- Public and alive roadmap
- Affordable

Here is a short Vectera review

Cons

Because it is peer to peer the quality can fluctuate without a strong internet connection.

Fran J.

Makes my life easy!

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Very good. I love Vectera.

Pros

Vectera is very easy to use. For coaching, it’s been the best for my needs. The permanent meeting rooms are perfect because they keep files and whiteboards until the next time the “room” is used. To be able to give a client the link and they can pop in a meeting without having to download anything at their end is a bonus. The call and video quality has been top notch. Some meetings have gone on for a few hours with no connection problems.

Cons

It’s on the roadmap but I wish the feature was available today - full screen on screenshare and side by side video chat where participants are in the same sized boxes.

Lieven V.

Flawless overall experience - cobrowsing is superhandy

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Main benefit is easy of use, superlight footprint on my system and allows me to sort out problems really quickly with my clients.

Pros

True 1 click start - no downloads - superhandy for my clients.
All communication with the client is stored in the virtual rooms - which is very handy. I have weekly follow up meetings and we write meeting minutes for each meeting. These are stored in rooms per client -> super handy.
We often need to help out a client - the cobrowsing is very handy for that - it reduces the need for having a seperate teamviewer license.

Cons

The interface has been revamped quite a lot - that is a good thing, but over the years it took me some time to adapt.

Vickie F.

Great alternative to Zoom

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

I almost went to zoom a while back, until I tried Vectera. Overall experience is very positive and I have two clients ask me about it because they really like how easy it was to access. It has made a huge difference in my business before covid, now that everything is remote, it's a blessing to have. Support gets right back to me if I have questions and not with just canned here's the documentation answer. I like how they focus on continuous improvements as well.

Pros

Besides the great customer service, it's VERY easy for clients to access the meeting room. Cobrowse is amazing for training and tech support. Really like the scheduler and being able to white label the url. Makes my small business look more professional.

Cons

Once in a while a caller will drop off. The background blur takes too much resource.

Razvan G.

Very easy and powerful

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Pros

It does what it say it does and bug free.

Cons

I am not a fan of the design colors but they work.

Annelies P.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great tool for a great price

Reviewed on 2019/11/29

Pros

Lots of features for a very low cost. Easy to use, the customer doesn't have to install anything. User-friendly interface.
With a simple link you can connect to the meeting room. No complicated setups or settings to get microphone and speakers working.

Cons

Nothing at all. New features are added regularly, the tool does what it promises to do.

Response from Vectera

Hi Annelies,

Thank you for this great review!
We are happy to hear you like our software and use it with your clients.
We are always available if you have any questions.

Jan L.

I'd recommend Vectera over all those other apps out there

Reviewed on 2018/10/15

We use Vectera to showcase our platform to prospects. As we have many different windows to showcase I love it how we can just do a focussed demo instead. This way a customer doesn't loses it's focus on what we think is important at that time!

Pros

I love the way Vectera works and keeps growing. They really listen to their customers and keep me up to date about features coming up and features we requested ourselves.

Cons

So far no real cons, every starting software needs growing and I love to be a first-mover here!

Marco wilhelm L.

Great Tool for Quick Online-Meetings

Reviewed on 2020/02/07

Vecterra is stable. The picture quality is good. Personally, I don't like the user interface, but I find everything quickly.

Pros

We bought Vecterra as an alternative to Zoom. I like, that you can easily integrate files during the meeting and edit them together with you team member. With small restrictions, Vecterra is also an alternative to TeamViewer, because it has the great "co-browsing" feature, which we like to use.

Cons

Saving the videos could be a little easier.

Response from Vectera

Hi Marco,
Thanks for the great review :)
Glad to hear you like the features in Vectera, including co-browsing. Improving recordings is on our roadmap and will start soon! If you have any ideas on improving the user interface, you can always share your thoughts with us.

Lien D.

Easy meetings for tutoring

Reviewed on 2019/12/23

Pros

Easy to use! Setting up a virtual meeting is so easy, definitely with the integrated scheduler.
I love the cobrowsing feature, it's so easy to work work in a page together!

Cons

I don't have any negative remarks. I really like the software and I hope that they can even improve it.

Eric Y.

Easy to Use Meeting Software

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

Pros

It is very easy to use and you can just create a room and hold a meeting. Perfect for meeting clients and remote outsourcers. Nothing to download and set up as well.

Cons

Storage space could be bigger than the allotted 2GB.

Response from Vectera

Hi Eric,
Thank you for the great review!
We understand that 2GB is not much storage space if you use Vectera intensively. I want to let you know that it will be possible to purchase extra storage room before the end of this year :)

Adam M.
  • Industry: Design

Super useful!

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

I speak to client s weekly on Vectera. I like how easy it is to create a room, send a link and meet clients.

Pros

The persistent room that allows me to keep all the prior conversations and resources forerever!

Cons

I have some audio issues, but it could be the browser's fault...

Brandon G.

A great refreshing app that make online one on one meetings a great experience

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

Pros

I like that they are keeping their focus to one on one(or small group) meetings. I like the white board. Every meeting I have had the other user was able to figure out how to use it fairly quickly.

Cons

I have noticed a few bugs. Like when a third person joins the meeting it seems to knock everyone’s audio until they turn it off and then on again. But these could be random and I am sure they are working on them.

William C.

Pleasantly surprised at how good this is

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Pleasantly surprised at how good this is. At first I thought it was just another scheduling platform, but Vectera has turned out to be so much more. And I'm not talking about features so much as details. Sure, you'll see similar features across other platforms, but the development team behind Vectera seems to listen to their users, and they have excellent customer support and release fantastic features that has won my loyalty as a customer.

Pros

- DEDICATED Room per visitor!!! This means your chat history, files, and whiteboards can persist through many meetings with the same person. Perfect for online consulting or client meetings.
- Custom domain and design for online meeting rooms (custom landing page before user joins too!). This helps me look even more professional with a customized appearance and URL while meeting with clients.
- P2P video connection - no 3rd party servers that my data flows through.
- Works in browser - no need to download software
- Clean and simple scheduling options for users. While I've used many other scheduling services, Vectera does it right by keeping it clean and simple
- Team management
- Easily record and download sessions
- Shared whiteboard and co-browsing optoins
- "Private Notes" option so users can jot down notes during the call that only they can see
- "Presenter mode" so that only one person can control the screen (if needed)
- Create "open" rooms where anybody can join, or keep the default "locked" option so users have to knock and be accepted before joining

Cons

- P2P data transfer means a limited number of people can join. If you consistently have meetings that involve 6 or more people at the same time, then Vectera might not be a good fit. But if you mostly do meetings with 1-5 people then you'll be fine

- Vectera is still fairly new. Though I have to say they do a great job with the features and roadmap - adding just the right features without adding bloat (get's hard to do when everybody is requesting every feature under the sun - how do you decide what do build first?) They do a good job adding the right features at the right time, but it's pretty

- I tried do Pair Program with a buddy using the co-browsing feature on HackerRank.com and the in-browser code editor didn't like us while co-browsing. It would randomly mess up the code in the window

Nathan C.
  • Industry: Human Resources

A definite video conferencing gamechanger!

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

I am an executive business coach and Vectera has made a difference to my business. Any difficulty I have had with it was promptly resolved by the software's team. My clients love it and I see myself using it for a long time.

Pros

Its ease of use. I am not a "techy" and I find it extremely intuitive and appealing to use. I can set up a meeting in literally seconds. My clients have also expressed to me how easy the software is to use.The private meeting rooms with all of their tools are outstanding and you can seamlessly pick up on meetings on returning to them. The video and sound quality are exceptionally good. I had to contact customer support on a few occasions and every time I was blown away by their responsiveness and willingness to help.

Cons

At this time I will say that I have not been given the opportunity to dislike anything about Vectera. Whenever I had an issue it was promptly responded to. Their R&D team are mind readers and stay ahead of the curve by anticipating and resolving potential problems.

Response from Vectera

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for this wonderful review!
Ease of use, R&D and customer support are very important to us, so we are happy to read this in your review. You can contact us if you have any questions or requests.

Lisa V.

vectera

Reviewed on 2018/08/14

Vectera is my go-to videoconf platform especially for external meetings. The fact that my clients can join from a single click on the link is really handy. It's way easier than finding and adding a contact on skype, not knowing if I even picked the right person.

Pros

Handy drag and drop
Light footprint on my system
Secure P2P connection
Extensive API

Cons

Color scheme could probably get an update

• Industry: Design

GREAT product!

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Pros

Wow, what an amazing product! It's great to be able to have my clients just jump into the video chat we scheduled, rather than asking what platform they use (Skype, ZOOM, etc.) and coordinating around their requirements.

Cons

I would like to see a little more customization in each area, such as changing colors for branding, etc.

Rene S.

Great Videoconferencing for Small Teams

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

Very intuitive and smooth operation. Does what it says and the video conferences es are very reliable. A big plus I underestimated when I started is the persistent room concept. Now I love it. It’s very handy

Pros

The Software can easily be customized to fit your own brand. Usage of the software is even simpler and very intuitive.
Everybody whom I invited had no trouble at all logging in (nothin to install), all sessions had great quality and recording was flawless.
Non of the other video conferencing solutions offer such a smooth and streamlined workflow.

Cons

The Software was designed for smaller number of participants. Wished the product would also offer Webinars for higher participant count in the same great way

Michael D.

Very good meeting tool

Reviewed on 2020/05/08

Vectera offers an easy to use meeting tool. It's UI is straight forward, also for people who don't have a lot of PC skills. Customers find their way easily, no installations or configurations, it just works. Even with low bandwidth internet connections we found no trouble at all. The interactive whiteboard and co browsing makes this tool a must need if you reguraly do client trainings, intake / presales meetings etc.
The support team is very responsive and receptive to implement new features.

Pros

UI is straight forward, no installations or configurations, easy to do client trainings, intake / presales meetings etc.

Cons

Nothing mentionable. When there are support questions they respond quickly.

Dr john K.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Persistent private rooms and all you need for 1-2-1 and group web conferencing

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

Pros

Having persistent private rooms for each and every client or small group. Loading files, images or having a whiteboard and they stay in the room. A client can pop in (with a passcode if you want) on their own to check something out.
Recording is easy (using chrome).
Voice and video quality has been excellent with almost no drops.

Cons

Not since they made screen sharing visible on mobile.

Ramon H.

Professional 1to1 and Small Group Meeting Tool with perfect branding functionality

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Pros

The UX and UI of Vectera is really great. Every touch point of the customer can be branded with ones own brand. The development team delivers significant enhancements nearly every month. It is a joy to watch the tool mature.

Cons

At the moment the video and sound quality isn't as good as the tool I've used before (Whereby) provided, especially with more than two people. As far as I've understood the Vectera team is working on this. If the reach the quality of Whereby Vectera is far superior as it provides a lot more functions like Co-Browsing, Persistent Meeting Rooms, CNAME etc.

Andreas V.

Great tool, excellent performance!

Reviewed on 2020/03/24

Pros

Vectera is a super handy and easy-to-use tool.
Creating a meeting room is just one click away and once you're in the room everything just makes sense. No difficult lay-out or unnecessary buttons.
The possibilities are endless (uploading files, sharing screens, recording options, ...) and the quality is superb!
A true must have for anyone who works professionally.

Cons

Until today, no cons have come up; everything works great!