Sympli

Application development and collaboration for designers

4,6
4,5
4,5
4,6
4,7
Dzoan H.

Sympli has been a game changer in my work process in design. It made things easier and faster.

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

Pros

It's very easy and practical to use. With just one command, I can share all my design assets from the source files to the development team(s) in one single place. I can also receive valuable feedback on my designs.

Cons

It's actually very difficult to go back to the "old way" of doing the job: Extracting manually the files/assets one by one, zipping, emailing and again and again... Just thinking about it feels like a chore.

Giles P.

Not overwhelmed

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

Pros

Easy to receive assets from designers in remote locations. Easy to see design history. Easy to diff history.

Cons

We want to use the same project for iOS and Android but Sympli forces us to choose one platform.
Because our projects are set to iOS and I develop on Android I am not able to use the Android Studio plugin

Industry: Financial Services

Great little tool to get your designs to engineers

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

It's simple way of sharing the designs with your engineering team. It syncs well most of the time and the screens can be categorised and tagged in whichever way you prefer.

Pros

It's easy to use and it works really well with iOS designs. I like that engineers have their own login and can browse through the project to find what they need.

Cons

It's a little tricky exporting Android designs as they need to be 'processed' before syncing. Also, engineers keep finding it very difficult to find css details of the design elements.

Alvaro H.
Industry: Computer Software

It is a useful tool easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

Pros

It is an easy tool to use. It provides many details when working and is very intuitive.
The tags are very useful and the filters are very necessary.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to get the distances.
It would be nice to be able to choose elements even if these are not marked as exportable.

Game changer

Reviewed on 2018/01/14

Pros

- Awesome Android studio and xcode plugins which ease out designer-developer development efforts
- Neat pricing model

Cons

One of the thing that frustrates me in sympli is, measurements really gets messed up if there are multiple components overlapping (especially for android designs)

Response from Sympli

Thanks for the review and feedback. We'd love help fix the measurement issue you are facing. Can you share an example of a design that has this issue with us at [email protected] and we can help! Thanks!

Vlad K.

I love this app :)

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

It makes front-end developing much faster and easier

Pros

1. Really fast application
2. Easy navigation between different projects
3. Ability to save icons in vector/bitmap

Cons

1. Navigation by browser history buttons (back-forward).
Occasionally when i click back button, I don't get the screen where i actually was.
Also I'd like to save scroll position, when I'm on the list of designs, then click on one of them, and then go back to list.
2. Tag-filters.
When I click "tag1" and "tag2" I expect to see designs which have "tag1" PLUS designs which have "tag2". It would be better if we have an ability to do like this.

Apurva G.
Industry: Financial Services

productive, efficient, simple UI

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

it had made the design handoff very easy and increased the efficiency and productivity of the team. Its been helpful, to answer any dev question in context of the designs. Its has helped us even more since our dev team is off-shore and across different time zones. Love the product, its simplicity and seamlessness with design softwares.

Pros

easy to use, plugins are seamless, support is pretty quick, easy to share with team, annotations makes its easy to communicate changes on the versions or answer and dev questions

Cons

1. tags: organizing projects is not intuitive, sometimes tags don't work as well; selection of tags, it selects multiple tags upon clicking them, so I have to go and deselect every time. 2. Sometime, svgs are not formatted correctly upon download.

Srikanth S.
Industry: Consumer Services

Good for teams. Simplified sharing for us

Collaboration
Free version is pretty good (shamelessly admitting)

Pros

Plugins work properly unlike Zeppelin.
Multiple software support
Creates color pallettes automatically from the designs

Cons

Android svg support is bad. Have to use illustrator to simplify the svg code and remove things in order to make it work there.
Web version doesn't work well in firefox Quantum
New sympli homepage redesign needs to be rethought

Ashish P.

Best in industry till now!!

Reviewed on 2018/02/16

Pros

Best collaboration platform for developers and designers
Support for xcode android studio and photoshop though I have used for android studio only.
Much needed plugins for developer once designing part has been completed
With the help of this we are doing design and implement UI side by side while developing simultaneously.
Drag and drop feature which shows real UI.
Auto sync
Aplying styling is very very easy.

Cons

Earlier we had lot of issue not by technically but understanding the use of tool and how we can scale the plugins

Sometimes while installing plaugin it crashes and no horizontal scroll

Apart from that this doesnt have any cons and best in industry
Must try!!

Goutam M.
Industry: Banking

Really helpful, helps to understand design requirement in dept.

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

Pros

Profession design, works in browser, details provided in design requirement really help to understand UI requirement.

Cons

there is no grid preview which I would really appreciate if added.
Would like option to move screens within project so to orgainise as per my likings

Industry: Real Estate

Awesome development collaboration platform

Reviewed on 2018/10/15

Pros

It is easy to use and works great to control the tasks of developers and designers. Works great on mobile​ devices.

Cons

I wish it had a horizontal scroll. Also, sometimes it just crashes for no reason.

Ben S.

Great tool and very easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/02/26

Pros

Love the ease of use, the comments feature and the Sketch plugin. We have a lot of our projects in Sympli and the whole team can view the mockups. Really like the notifications it gives you when a page has been updated.

Cons

I would love the pages to load a little faster and also a Sympli iPad & iPhone app to view the prototypes / wireframes on the devices.

Long L.
Industry: Computer Software

Easy to use as a programmer.

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

Saves me a lot of time having to compile and recompile large Xcode projects when Sympli can simply tell me the exact dimensions of locations of assets for an app and I can enter it in once.

Pros

Simple clean interface. There's nothing to have to really learn. If you know how to use a computer you'll know how to use Slack.

Cons

Some spacing values might take a little digging around. While 99% of the features are obvious to find and use, about 1% of them to a little more time to discover.

Industry: Internet

Easy upload with Sketch. Great for developers.

Reviewed on 2018/02/23

Pros

The sketch plugin is super easy to use and takes the friction out of getting designs to the development team. Also love that it is web-based, and can be accessed from my mobile phone or laptop. The Sympli team is also super responsive to user feedback, and I've totally felt supported by them.

Cons

I've never been a big fan of how screens are grouped together. Personally, I'd prefer to set up folders to arrange the designs. But Sympli uses tags. This has been confusing for both me and for my developers -- when trying to see the design for a specific page or experience...

Roman V.

Really simplified our work

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

Pros

Plugins integration into popular mobile IDE's, really easy to use, all needed platforms supported, all is cool )

Cons

Auto-layout generation is useless, really that can't be used in real projects. Possible will be good to have more pricing models to allow a bit flexible plan.

sympli is best app for collaboration and workflow platform for building

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

Pros

this tolls is very simple especially for ios it so simple just install plugin in xcode and then connect with the project then you can iplement design jus drag and drop to the story board

Cons

import end export image is very simple, and feature for generate color is very cool, and priview of design in mobile app is very useable

Industry: Computer Software

Awesome App. Excess to the assets with ease. Grids and guidelines.

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Pros

Access Guidelines,
Grids,
You can easily download all assets which are used in the mockups
Comment Section
Layers

Cons

Responsiveness,
No ability to close sidebars,
Sometimes assets are not imported or imported partially, from Sketch App.

Tim P.

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

I love that the tool integrates into my designer platforms as well as our developer environments. We are saving 25%+ on each design-development handoff and easily more than the other tools we tested. Definitely recommend

Cons

With new releases to Sketch or Xcode, sometimes the plugins have issues. They are quickly fixed, though

Industry: Consumer Electronics

I use this software daily and have never had any issues.

Reviewed on 2018/02/23

Daily use

Pros

Overall easy to use, and accomplishes what we need for our projects. I like that there are different options for downloading assets.

Cons

Sometimes the manual measuring is difficult. If our UX designer doesn't set up the individual objects to click on, trying to use the ruler is a pain.

Dmitriy P.

Fantastic functionalities. Great team collaboration capabilities

Reviewed on 2018/04/03

Pros

Share and annotation capabilities. Ease of use and learning. Small learning curve. Easy communication.

Cons

share and password difficulties. Takes time to reset password. Real time editing capabilities are limited.

In general good experience, just sometimes found get a little tricky to get the information I need.

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

I'm always looking at the last mockup version. I don't need the Sketch licence.

Pros

I don't need the full licence of Sketch. Informations are distributed all over the team in one place, and none need to worry to check if it' updated.

Cons

In this last revisions on some objects it was saying Black for a Gray text: I had to ask for the right color.
When I need to try different times to select what I'm looking for, but this is not that big problem.