Fotor

Photo editor and design maker

Michelle
Michelle

LOVE how easy it is to use!

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

Huge benefits! I need to make small and large edits to photos all the time in my marketing job. This has really helped me accomplish that without a ton of editing knowledge or overhead. Great product!

Pros

I love love love this product! I stumbled on it a few years ago and it quickly became my easy photo editor tool. I can do almost anything with it and it's very intuitive! Within the last year they have added new features like filters which just made it that much better.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any. There was a small learning curve with the multi image layout but that seems to be expected with something like this.

Henry
Henry
  • Industry: Restaurants

Fotor actually makes my work weeks easier.

Reviewed on 2021/10/05

Working with images is one of the most frustrating and time intensive parts of my job, because I'm not a designer. Fotor has made it easier for me. Seems like a bland, simple statement, but a software tool actually making my life easier week after week is a rare and valuable thing.

If your photo needs are basic (cropping, resizing, touching up, brightening, etc.) and you don't particularly care to learn deeper photo editing skills, Fotor is an excellent choice. It'll do everything you need, it'll do it quickly, and it won't distract you with anything you don't.

Pros

It has a robust free version, which is what I'm most familiar with. I'm not a designer or photographer, and Fotor has tons of cropping, touch-up, re-sizing, and other web-design-based features built in to make it easy for people like me. I've used other design tools before, but Fotor is one of the best free design tools specifically for photo editing.

A major benefit, especially for web designers/developers, is the free version allows for batch image editing. You can upload a full folder of photos, set the editing parameters you want, and Fotor edits every photo. That has saved me more hours than I can count.

Cons

When it comes to anything "design," Fotor gets a bit weak. Simply adding a text or color overlay rarely worked out for me. More often than not I found myself editing images in Fotor, exporting to another tool like Canva, and then finishing the design from there.

However, this isn't too different from how professional-level designers work. Photoshop to InDesign etc. So I don't hold it against them. But it's just good to note that Fotor won't be your go-to web design solution - just a fantastic, free image editing solution.

Reasons for Choosing Fotor

GIMP is great, a true beast of a free tool. But it was too much for me, and at the time I was working off of a tiny macbook, and GIMP was too hefty to work quickly. If you're interested in expanding your photo editing skillset, Fotor will be too basic. For me, the switch increased productivity.

Reasons for Switching to Fotor

Fotor is free and super user friendly. I also had no interest in growing my photo editing skills, so keeping it simple worked best for me.
Alicia
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Love the AI

Reviewed on 2024/01/10

Pros

There is not a better AI image generator free or paid

Cons

Even the paid version, when the AI does not generate the correct thing, our credits should not be deducted. I don't think its fair

Not recommended

Reviewed on 2024/02/09

0/100 is what i would rate them and it was a complete waste of time and money

0/100 is what i would rate them and it was a complete waste of time and money

Pros

I did not really like anything at all about their service

Cons

they have a crappy marketing pipeline to get you to submit photos and sign up. The quality is super low and they should be ashamed of taking your money. Terrible

Keith
  • Industry: Import & Export

Solid app 4.5/5 would recommend

Reviewed on 2024/02/05

its relatively easy to use with low learning curve 4/5

its relatively easy to use with low learning curve 4/5

Pros

makes some tasks easy to automate and ai is effective.

Cons

sometimes locating a feature on app doesn't always make sense.

Chris
  • Industry: Sports

Great Set of Tools

Reviewed on 2024/01/12

Overall its been great, easy to use compared to some other competitors that I have used in the past

Pros

Fotor has a great set of tools for our non-profit in making banners and posters for many events that we post on Facebook and other social media.

Cons

I dont particularly like the credit system for some tools. I plan on purchasing the Pro+ and it should be unlimited.

Skadi
  • Industry: Publishing

Five Years & Counting

Reviewed on 2023/12/29

Pros

The book covers I create look professional.

Cons

The price for Pro+ The price should be lower.

CHRISTIANA
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

easy to use, professional results

Reviewed on 2024/01/11

It's a good experience, which stimulates the creativity of people with little technical knowledge in design, like me.

Pros

user-friendly platform, helpful technical support

Cons

the lack of some specific elements in the library, such as astrological symbols, which I miss.

Britta

Awesome Product

Reviewed on 2024/02/13

Pros

Love how easy it is to use. I love the AI software and the photo editing options.

Cons

Unfortunately the credits run out pretty quickly, but free credits are available daily

Best editing tools and designs

Reviewed on 2024/01/10

Pros

Fotor is a feature-packed photo editing app that caters to both casual users and photography enthusiasts alike. With its intuitive interface and a wide array of tools, it manages to strike a balance between simplicity and functionality.
One of Fotor's standout features is its powerful editing toolkit, offering a range of adjustments such as exposure, contrast, saturation, and more.

Cons

Limited Advanced Editing Features ,
Subscription-Based Model ,
Intrusive Ads in the Free Version.

Fotor is a Great Simple Photo Editing Tool, and Free

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

I really like that the Fotor is simple to use. Sometimes the best products are the ones that are straightforward and let's easily do what you want, a simple photo edit. There's a good range of filters to choose from, textures, and frames. You can also create a collage of photos with placement of up to 9 images, so there's plenty of layouts to choose from. You can also use Fotor on your smartphone, I have an Android and the app is super easy to use, so a plus for that though this review is focused on the desktop version which I've spent the longest time using.

Pros

Fotor is really a great tool for basic photo editing. You can download Fotor for free, I use it regularly on my Macbook and have set it up for users on Windows. Fotor is straightforward, less complicated than Gimp, you can basically get someone up and running with the ability to upload and edit photos on their own. They have a great series of filters you can use, if I had to pick one feature I love the most about the software is the Focus feature. It lets you pick an area in your photo and choose it as the focal point and introduce a blur to the objects in the background. It's great if you have product images and want a simple tool to apply this effect.

Cons

I'm not a fan of the text tool. It's super basic, you can add a text box and change color, font size, rotate text and drag to change the perspective. You can add text layers and have the option to put one behind the other, but that's pretty much it.

Murilo
  • Industry: Music
  • Used for 2+ years

Fotor Review

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

I use fotor to edit my photos as a producer, and album arts or arts for my instagram, and also arts for my electronic music youtube channel, I use fotor because it's easy, on the web, and sometimes I don't even need to download any photo to include it on the website, and I also like it because it has some possibilities of beautification when I edit my personal photos, like stain remover etc.

Pros

The Fotor application is great, it is an editor with many features and the best, you don't need to download anything, it's easy to use and it's easy to upload photos or use links from the internet itself, without having to download a photo you want to edit. In addition, Fotor even in the free version, does not put a watermark, and saves as quality photos.

Cons

What I really don't like about the app, is that besides the variety of possibilities of things, there are very few effects available in the free version, for example when I want black and white photos, I can't because fotor does not provide this simple effect for free.

Maria Eduarda Martins
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

I really like using fotor because it is a very easy to use photo editor

Reviewed on 2023/01/05

Fotor has become my favorite photo editor!! I love using this app, so much so that I only have it

Pros

I like using fotor because in addition to being a very easy-to-use photo editor, it has many beautiful filters and many easy-to-use features that make photos more beautiful

Cons

one of the not so good things is that there are some features that need to be paid for to be able to use it, but I understand that the application needs monetary resources for maintenance..

Fotor - a simple and powerful

Reviewed on 2021/04/25

There are so many photo editors for advanced photo editing works. Fotor satisfying all our day-to-day editing tasks with a simple and clean UI. Great experience and much Love:

Pros

My overall experience with Fotor is good. It's a pretty decent photo editor with cloud-based availability. The beauty of Fotor is even beginners also can work without major editing skills. There are thousands of predefined templates available on Fotor, and we can take them to the next level with our creativity. 'Fotor' easily fulfills all our designing tasks for our personal needs, and we can create pro-type edits with just easy steps.

Cons

It delivers what it is capable of. Nothing to complain about Fotor. Need some improvements and features on the iOS application.

Devney
Devney
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Amazing product both on the computer and Android phone

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

Fotor is an amazing app and Windows software and I still can't believe it's free. Highly recommend!

Pros

I love love love fotor! There are so many great things about it but I'm going to review the Android app. They not only have ways to edit photos but they have regular collages and magazine type collages.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like is that it needs 800x800 to work, so some of my photos on my phone don't meet that criteria. So I can't edit some of my photos using fotor without probably taking a screenshot of it and maybe that will be the correct file size.

José Junior
  • Industry: Photography

Fotor- Great application for photo editing.

Reviewed on 2020/07/19

My posts are much more attractive and my audience loves my publications.

My posts are much more attractive and my audience loves my publications.

Pros

It is a very easy to use app, for small photo edits like cropping, adding a watermark, adjusting the clarity of the photos.

Cons

There is a lack of more photo montage options in the free version, the most meets my needs.

Paul
Paul
  • Industry: Online Media

Create Captivating Graphics and Attain Professional Quality Photos on the Go

Reviewed on 2023/10/12

Fotor makes it easy for me to attain professional grade photos and easily do retouches on the go.

Pros

You can bulk-import photos and edit them collectively. You can use the inbuilt AI to enhance Photos. It is very easy to use and does not require any specialized skills.

Cons

You do not have as much control over how the edits turn out as is the case with platforms like Adobe Phtoshop.

Monica
  • Industry: Accounting

100 out 10

Reviewed on 2024/01/09

Pros

No need for thinking, just give a word and magic happens

Cons

It is something very very slow and it uses more than 5 credits some times.

Terri
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Easy To Use

Reviewed on 2024/02/14

Overall, a great first impression. I was pleasantly surprised and would use it again and would recommend it, as well.

Pros

This was much easier to use than I expected and less hassle than using other AI generators. I was pleasantly surprised. Also, the images generated were right in line with what I was wanting. I have used other AI programs, and it would take several tries to get close to what I wanted.

Cons

I tried to do some hue adjustment and maybe it was just me, but it wanted to recolor instead of adjust a certain hue. I had to download it and then make the color adjustments I wanted to the image.

Feature-Packed Image Editor

Reviewed on 2021/06/25

Our overall experience with Fotor has been excellent. Fotor allows us to quickly and easily edit photos before we publish them on the web or insert them in PowerPoint presentations.

Pros

We use Fotor for simple editing of JPEG and PNG images. The feature we use the most (by far) is "1-Tap Enhance." With only one mouse click, most photos can look much better than the original. We also frequently use the "Crop" feature, in particular Golden (Ratio) and Square. Both "1-Tap Enhance" and "Crop" are easy to use, even for photo editing novices like us; we have not needed to refer to the user guide.

Cons

The download for the Windows x64 version of Fotor is large - about 406 MB. Although this is not an issue for us, it may be an important consideration for those who have limited hard disk space on their PC.

Akash
  • Industry: Computer Networking
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Review of the app

Reviewed on 2024/01/18

It was good at start but the bullshit started with limited access to credits

It was good at start but the bullshit started with limited access to credits

Pros

Liked the software. Easy to use but should offer more credits.

Cons

Should have been free with more credits.

Zulaikha
Zulaikha
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Photo editor and post maker

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

Pros

It helps in editing photos and provides features and functions to create eye catching posts to give boost to your business. It is also available in different languages other than English

Cons

It does not provide full features in trial version while other software's provide full features and functions to the user. App version has less features than web version in trial version.

zoey
  • Industry: Accounting

its ok i guess i like it

Reviewed on 2024/01/06

Pros

that we get to make ai charecters and you get all these coool stuff

Cons

the ads andhow u have to pay money for credits

rui
  • Industry: Media Production

beginner review

Reviewed on 2024/01/05

Pros

the new AI experience created new and important tasks at work

Cons

some features could be better: quality like midjourney for example, and some features like other compared apps. Tiktok have a very good way to create a 3D image of people faces and create new scenes for free, for example. You could implant in this app the 3D feature (uploading many fotos of the user so the AI could have that 3D image and could create many kinds of AI situations.

Pavel
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Good editor, but could be better

Reviewed on 2024/01/03

Four points out of five for the image editor and slightly higher for the design editor

Pros

Ease of use, price including discount, availability of AI

Cons

There are few professional editing functions, the built-in automatic functions do not always work correctly (with the exception of removing the background in photographs very well), there is no possibility to work as a team. Some functions are hidden so that you might not find them if you don't know about them.