Pixlr

Free photo editor for graphic designers

4,3
4,7
4,1
4,4
4,4
Industry: Individual & Family Services
Company size: Self Employed

Shifting how my brain works

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

My brain is very verbal, I prefer to work with words. In the modern world visuals, colourful graphics and memes are a primary form of communication, and I have needed to move and learn in order to keep up and appeal to prospects. Pixlr X has let me do this, and I am convinced the images I have created with it have facilitated many new client relationships -- most especially with people under 40.

Pros

I use Pixlr X a lot, and I am still finding new features and discovering shortcuts that make continued use simpler and the results more varied.
I have zero background in graphics or visual arts, and Pixlr X helps me to create appealing memes to use in my marketing on Twitter and FaceBook and on my website.

Cons

The Pixlr X software is fine; I have been annoyed with my own inabilities to see what is directly in front of me. Features such as resizing can be done from several different places within the flow of use, and having found one I reused it over and over for months before noticing that I could do it in the save-screen and eliminate that extra step. Learning all the time!

On-the-move photo editing

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

I turn to Pixlr X whenever I need a quick photo edit and the tool delivers most of the time. I have also used it extensively to work with mockups, also with good results.

Pros

Pixlr X is one of the most complete free web photo editing tools that I've used so far. It has all essential controls and a handy selection of pre-made filters.

Cons

Some tools like heal can be very slow and buggy, even in small images.

Sarah H.

Pixlr - Social Media Graphics

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/07/21

Pixlr has been a life saver for me when I first started creating social media creative. Photoshop was very overwhelming to me at the time and Pixlr was a wonderful resource that gave non-designers like me the tools to spin up quick graphics in no time.

Pros

Pixlr offers excellent multi-purpose templates specifically designed for social media graphics and ads. There are so many variations with sizing and dimensions across all the social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, etc) and Pixlr is an excellent tool that has a free option to adjust dimensions specific to your channel without having to be skilled in Photoshop. The Pixlr Marketplace is an excellent resource for content planning and creation and offers beautiful inspiration to our design team. The layouts are very modern and sophisticated and aren't too text-heavy, which is perfect for ad content, especially on Facebook and Instagram.

Cons

I often find that we have been using Canva more than Pixlr lately because Canva offers a much larger array of templates and the drag and drop features in Canva are a little easier to use. I wish Pixlr would have a better team dashboard where we can organize projects by client and assign various team members to each one.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

One of the best Web photo editors

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Pixlr X has often been my go-to tool when it comes to basic image editing tasks, mostly for Facebook posts.

Pros

Probably the biggest advantage Pixlr X has is its simplicity. It provides an intuitive interface with most of the basic tools you'd need for simple editing tasks. You can use it immediately without even having to create an account.

Cons

It lacks some handy tools like clone and healing. Plus, it forces you to downsize large pictures.

Elisa S.
Industry: Publishing

Easy and Free Image Editor Web-based

Reviewed on 2020/09/07

I use Pixlr since 2015. I find it a great alternative to Photoshop. Pixlr X and Pixlr E help me to create images for my blog. In the last years it changed many things, adding more free features, and a cloud store. It changed the web design too, so it appears attractive and modern.

Pros

Pixlr (X and E versions) is a great image editor. The Free plan offers you what you need to manage images and create banners, layers, covers, etc. It has a free stock images, overlays, stickers and decorative text.
It is very easy to use, and you can really create amazing images using it.
Prices for Premium and Professional Plans are very low considered what they offer.

Cons

I don't see any cons with it. As a blogger and self publisher, Pixlr offers me for free what I need to create images quickly.

Kim T.
Industry: Veterinary

Pixlr E / Pixlr X - The best, FREE, photo-editing software

Reviewed on 2020/03/23

Considering that Pixlr X is FREE to use, this is a supreme value for the functions it offers.

Pros

I do believe the magic wand tool has improved significantly, as prior, I would often still be left with white outlines, which were tedious to delete. Overall, I am satisfied with Pixlr, and I appreciate that they offer such a high-quality program, free-of-charge.

Cons

I preferred the original Pixlr Editor, due to the ease in recognizing which icon was for which tool, the size and format of the layering map, and the ability to move between files more readily. Prior, you could select the destination for the saved file; now it defaults to "downloads", and then you have to move them. I believe the previous format was more understandable, and contained icons which were universally understood.

Destine C.
Industry: Automotive
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Like it a little

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

Dont like it like that does nothing for me

Pros

You can edit photo perfect but somethings would not work.

Cons

you can not inport nothing on macbook it treaks can not even open stock layers

Good online photo editor

Reviewed on 2020/08/19

I have used Pixlr X to quickly edit images which don't need advanced changes.

Pros

Pixlr is very convenient - it loads up very fast and in a few clicks I can get an edited image ready to go - when the image only needs some basic changes.

Cons

There's only so much you can do with Pixlr X. It comes short in offering more advanced features that should be included, so it will not be suitable for more advanced editing tasks.

Dimitar D.
Industry: E-Learning

Pixlr is a good alternative of Photoshop and other professional design software

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

Very useful tool for small business owner and one man show businesses. I like the interface which is similar to photoshop.

Pros

I like web-based tools. Without need of installation and ugly registration form. I use a basic option for image editing and it is a great solution for my small business.

Cons

When we talk about free tool there's always something it's not a perfect. But there is no significant cons.

Very good tool

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/08/27

Pros

Even though it is a browser app it works quite nicely, without any performance breaks. It has all the necessary tools for simple edits and well organized and intuitive interface.

Cons

There weren't a lot of negatives during my trial, besides the fact that it could have some more advanced features.

Thiago L.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
Company size: Self Employed

The best for cost-effective image editing

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

I was already looking for an image application that would meet my needs and I was surprised by the pixlr, practical and intelligent, it just lacks some features to be perfect.

Pros

very practical, fast, versatile, with excellent features

Cons

does not have the function of pasting two images superimposed on the image to be edited

Ryan S.
Industry: Furniture

Great product! but needs a little work

Reviewed on 2020/02/27

Overall, I really like Pixlr's photo editing abilities! They need to fix some glitches, however.

Pros

I really like the Pixlr interface and the ease of use! I think the quality of the editing options is some of the best I've seen.

Cons

Pixlr needs to work on it's tech support and keep up with it's website better. There are some options, like straightening photos, that consistently glitch.

Ifeoma O.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

PIXLR X GREAT FOR PICTURES

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

Pixlr X makes my pictures look better, which projects a more professional outlook for my business.

Pros

I like the fact that I can use it to edit pictures. With it I can re-size, brighten or crop pictures. It is also user-friendly.

Cons

It requires some getting used to if you want to get the best out of this software. But on the whole it gives you better options.

Frederic D.
Industry: Construction

Creative for a phone

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/06/05

Pros

Fast and cool results with the basic templates. It is amusing

Cons

Do not expect the same customisation options when comparing with pro-software such as Photoshop.

Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

A Competent Photo Editor for everyone

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

Overall, this is a great app for beginner photo editors and more experienced people. The interface makes everything easy and fun to use!

Pros

The interface is lovely is much more simple than other competitors, making it perfect for beginners.

Cons

I honestly didn't find anything worth mentioning in terms of cons, it's a solid app!

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10